Classleads September 2014

Comments

• well I think is going to even the odds against affliction classes.. when an affliction class is clearly having an advantage over a prep class, what do you do? fly/shield/run amok, etc until you reset their momentum, and what used to happen to said knight? nothing, he goes back and keeps prepping, "oh snap, affliction class is ahead of me again" /repeat until you can do your vivi/damn/dsb. 

Imo is a great solution to balance the fights, if the knight keeps running to avoid the affliction momentum, is only fair that he has a small risk to lose his prep too, i see it as a balanced way to punish a knight that repeatedly runs to avoid stacks without losing anything while doing so (ie. affliction vs affliction ALWAYS lose their momentum when they decide they need to run and heal). 3 minutes seems fair as long as you switch limbs repeatedly of course, you will have issues prepping someone only if you do 3 dsl then blackwind/illuminate/raido out over and over, and I think that's the idea.

• With my 252's I just kept spamming epseth/epteth single arm breaks. Mend leg, mend arm, resto arm usually. Epseth/epteth again, dsl parried leg with epseth/epseth until they parry. Get about 2 shots at it before they parry. If Nairat fires then you get infinity.

Then reprep arm at warp speed with hindering venoms and repeat.

• edited October 2014
    Mend leg, bail, mend arm, restore arm*
  • He meant for scrubs

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • AchillesAchilles Los Angeles
    Unnecessary change, 3 minutes isn't much time.

Also need to address hiding behind lyre/barrier to wait for limbs to reset.  Time spent behind one should pause the limb reset timer.
  • I'm mad because now I don't have enough time to make a sandwich behind lyre while my limbs reset.

QQ

• Gotta up your game. I'm pretty sure I could make a sandwich in under 3 mins.

• And, knight parry changes are in the works btw.

Pretty sure it's not going to end up being some easy mode bypass, but some pretty good solutions for handling parry via affliction stacking have been proposed. I expect you'll see them when Knight classes are released.

• Vaehl said:
    Mend leg, bail, mend arm, restore arm*
    You really need a mount, bro.
  • CaladbolgCaladbolg Campbell County TN
    edited October 2014
    I had 253/249 (dsling at 1.575 with server queing) with freezing and still had a hard time bypassing parry. (To be fair though disembowel is so useless why even bother trying to get around parry)

Edit: Also the curare/Kalmia/gecko thing doesn't work that well on fitness users.

• CaladbolgCaladbolg Campbell County TN
    Achilles said:
    Unnecessary change, 3 minutes isn't much time.

Also need to address hiding behind lyre/barrier to wait for limbs to reset.  Time spent behind one should pause the limb reset timer.
    Should give every class a way to bypass lyre at least in melee. having a shield that some classes can't even touch is .. retarded

• Lyre's a tricky thing to balance. If people can get through it, what's the point of it?

If people can't get through it, it's stupidly overpowered.

Most classes have a way or two to ineffectively strike through lyre, which is probably about as good as you can get balance wise.

• Trey said:
    Interesting. People seem to be reacting rationally to the Earring change. I read the announce before coming to forums and I was expecting to find more like..

The biggest reason for earring rants were A-team earring train raids, so its a welcoming change to most. In return, the team wants to prove they can still wreck people the same after the nerf.

= no one complains (at least not for now)
  • KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    Lyre already requires balance and eq, and takes eq to put up. Whilst inside it, there are very few things the user can do without it dropping again - no sipping, curing, etc. It is taken down by the user emoting(!) and other physical and mental actions (not talking / clans / etc), requiring balance to put back up. Don't forget, it's pretty much exactly the same as Metamorphosis Nightingale melody and grove barrier, so changes to the lyre will likely also affect those.

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • AktillumAktillum Philippines
    edited October 2014
    I traded in my lyre for all the reasons @Klendathu just mentioned. I don't see how its worth anything unless you have passive curing (Magi, Priest, Bard) and lots of health regen. You pretty much have to disable your system once you put it up.

@Mishgul's method probably works too.

• edited October 2014
    Fuck yes.

* Active curing abilities now have a small cooldown before they can be used again. The length of the cooldown varies depending on the efficacy of the ability
  • KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    Personally, happy with the two minor buffs to voicecraft :smile: 

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • edited October 2014
    Targ has so many buffs this round :o

Edit : Please please balance exterms/rejuvenating.

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

[ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]
  • Didn't really want to tumble out of those impales anyway
  • TharvisTharvis The Land of Beer and Chocolate!
    aw, I forgot to classlead my suggestion to make Cataclysm follow restrictions similar to for example Thurisaz, 3 rooms or LoS but still not indoors.
    Aurora says, "Tharvis, why are you always breaking things?!"
    Artemis says, "You are so high maintenance, Tharvis, gosh."
    Tecton says, "It's still your fault, Tharvis."

• Bard is back to being a dragon clone :( Dragon even limb preps faster. 

• Anyone have numbers for shin healthtrans yet?
  • As Shin energy flows through your body, you feel a surge of strength.
    (PP) 3480h 3993m 100%e 85%w 94 shin Sanya 26.3% XX| M (+250h, 4.9%) (10 shindo used)
    You have recovered equilibrium. 1.078s
    (PP) 3480h 3993m 100%e 85%w 85 shin Sanya 26.3% XX|EE M
    As Shin energy flows through your body, you feel a surge of strength.
    (PP) 4235h 3993m 100%e 85%w 85 shin Sanya 26.3% XX| M (+755h, 14.8%) (20 shindo used)
    You have recovered equilibrium. 1.021s
    (PP) 4235h 3993m 100%e 86%w 67 shin Sanya 26.3% XX|EE M
    (PP) 5087h 3993m 100%e 85%w 67 shin Sanya 26.3% XX| M (+852h, 16.7%) (30 shindo used)

(PP) 4837h 3993m 98%e 82%w 94 shin Sanya 26.3% XX| (+2350h, 45.9%) (100 shindo used)

Unsure if the numbers change depending on current health, or if the correlation between the shindo used and the health given are going to stay the same regardless. Need to do more testing, but this is a good change that I like. Now to get shin from denizens :D

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.