Classleads September 2014

Comments

• Atalkez said:

As Shin energy flows through your body, you feel a surge of strength.
    (PP) 3480h 3993m 100%e 85%w 94 shin Sanya 26.3% XX| M (+250h, 4.9%) (10 shindo used)
    You have recovered equilibrium. 1.078s
    (PP) 3480h 3993m 100%e 85%w 85 shin Sanya 26.3% XX|EE M
    (PP) 4235h 3993m 100%e 85%w 85 shin Sanya 26.3% XX| M (+755h, 14.8%) (20 shindo used)
    You have recovered equilibrium. 1.021s
    (PP) 4235h 3993m 100%e 86%w 67 shin Sanya 26.3% XX|EE M
    (PP) 5087h 3993m 100%e 85%w 67 shin Sanya 26.3% XX| M (+852h, 16.7%) (30 shindo used)

(PP) 4837h 3993m 98%e 82%w 94 shin Sanya 26.3% XX| (+2350h, 45.9%) (100 shindo used)

Unsure if the numbers change depending on current health, or if the correlation between the shindo used and the health given are going to stay the same regardless. Need to do more testing, but this is a good change that I like. Now to get shin from denizens :D

250 for 10 shin would suggest .5% of max health, rounded down, per shin. That's consistent with the last one if you actually used all your shin at the time (94), but not with the 20 shin one. The 30 shin test doesn't help since it was more than enough to heal you to full. Might be useful to check them in a different stance so you don't have to account for using less shin in Sanya.
  • Bukariin said:
    If you get shin from denizens, I want kai from denizens.  Sound good?
    Of course, I want to kai enfeeble/choke a mere denizen if thing get tough for me. :(

@Tecton

2015/01/12 Tecton, the Terraformer has bestowed His divine favour upon you. It will last for approximately 1 Achaean month.
  • Inb4 Dunn changes class.
  • Damnit.
  • edited October 2014
    If you want to ask me out, you're better off just asking. This dance is old, friend.

Seems like we both got nerfed, though. RIP balloon shackle.

• Hah, was fun in raids but overall inconsequential to me.
  • edited October 2014
    I sort of like the change to throw, it would have been better if you lost the lock if you didn't glance first or otherwise make sure that your throw attempt would be successful. If it wasn't, you lost the lock. Throw being an automatic lock loss seems kind of extreme, considering how difficult it is to get and maintain them anyway and that it often takes two, which are not foolproof.

Still, interesting changes all around. Just hope unartied-low artied int-monks don't suffer for them. Optimism!
  • Mindprint target
    Mind throw target
    Mindlock target

Woo.
  • That's the point, it's avoidable enough, the second throw would be unnecessary because it simply would not work. I guess that's in line with what all the changes are supposed to do, bring combat closer from the start. We get 5 prints, and that doesn't speed things up as drastically as you might think. Locks have usually been a problem given our need to rely on many of its abilities, just as a lateral change to Kai-gain should have been addressed as was proposed many times before.

And you can simplify every class and ability like that, doesn't mean it's effective.
  • edited October 2014
    What is going on...?
    So many great changes...  
    How am I supposed to stay dormant like this?
  • Karai said:
    That's the point, it's avoidable enough, the second throw would be unnecessary because it simply would not work. I guess that's in line with what all the changes are supposed to do, bring combat closer from the start. We get 5 prints, and that doesn't speed things up as drastically as you might think. Locks have usually been a problem given our need to rely on many of its abilities, just as a lateral change to Kai-gain should have been addressed as was proposed many times before.

And you can simplify every class and ability like that, doesn't mean it's effective.
    I feel ya, but the only reason you feel this way is because monk has been so hilariously spoiled/op for group combat for so long. Sapience alone is one of  the best abilities in the game for groups 
  • Mind throw is such an incredibly good ability if it works that I think it's fair for it to break the lock. 

I'm guessing only a successful mindthrow works? 

• Santar said:
    Mind throw is such an incredibly good ability if it works that I think it's fair for it to break the lock. 

I'm guessing only a successful mindthrow works? 
    What do you mean, works? Any valid mindthrow attempt breaks mind lock (successful mindthrow, target is prone, exit is blocked, or invalid exit)
  • Herose said:

* Active curing abilities now have a small cooldown before they can be used again. The length of the cooldown varies depending on the efficacy of the ability. This change applies to:
    SALT (Alchemy)
    RAGE (Chivalry)
    BLOODBOIL (Elementalism)
    REMEDY (Groves)
    BEDEVIL (Healing) - Active use only.
    HEAL (Healing)
    MIGHT (Metamorphosis)
    ALLEVIATE (Striking)
    FOOL (Tarot)

Seems to be about a 10 sec cool down for SALT (Alchemy)

• I note that shrugging isnt on that list. Is there a cooldown for that ability?
  • Does the cooldown timer for Priest Heal prevent you from using Heal to cure anything, or just the affliction that you most recently cured?
  • Aegoth said:
    I note that shrugging isnt on that list. Is there a cooldown for that ability?
    It likely already had a cooldown, so it didn't need to be changed.
  • Yes, shrugging has had a cooldown.
  • Heal (Healing)                                Known: Yes
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Syntax:            HEAL <<< is different from below
                       HEAL ME <affliction>
    Works on/against:  Self
    Details:
    Using this ability, you may either HEAL yourself of a random affliction, or heal 
    yourself of specific ones.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You call upon the powers of the elements to heal yourself. --23:22:04 Pretty much like a tree tattoo
    5345h, 4300m, 26125e, 21246w cxkdb-m (-100m)
    You have recovered equilibrium.
    5345h, 4300m, 26125e, 21258w cexkdb-m
    You call upon the powers of Earth and project your healing through your Spirit -- HEAL ME AFF
    channel.
    You are no longer blind.
    5345h, 4000m, 26125e, 21208w cexkd-m (-300m)
    You eat an arsenic pellet.
    Your eyes dim as you lose your sight.
    5345h, 4000m, 26125e, 21208w cexkdb-m
    You may eat another plant or mineral.
    5345h, 4000m, 26125e, 21205w cexkdb-m
    You may heal your afflictions once again. --23:22:13 Cooldown from the HEAL. Not HEAL ME AFF

• Better example with a heal aff that actually takes heal balance:

You may channel elemental energy once again.
    5345h, 3363m, 26125e, 21359w cekdb-(P)m
    You have recovered balance on all limbs.
    5345h, 3363m, 26125e, 21359w cexkdb-(P)m
    You call upon the powers of the elements to heal yourself.
    Your nerves suddenly calm down.
    5345h, 3263m, 26125e, 21371w cxkdb-(P)m (-100m)
    You have recovered equilibrium.
    5345h, 3263m, 26125e, 21383w cexkdb-(P)m
    You may not heal yourself again so soon.
    5345h, 3263m, 26125e, 21395w cexkdb-(P)m
    You call upon the powers of Earth and Fire and project your healing through your 
    Spirit channel.
    Your fear of heights subsides.
    5345h, 2963m, 26125e, 21345w cexkdb-(P)m (-300m)
    You may heal your afflictions once again.

• Ah, so it only applies to random healing Heal, not targeted affliction Heal.  Got it.
  • Looks like fool tarot got reduced by 20s on its cooldown.
  • @Makarios Halp. Alchemist is broken OP.
  • KenwayKenway San Francisco
    You sure...? The two alchemists I've talked to both said it's pretty bugged and impotent against people who get how curing against them works. And in fighting them I have to say I believe it. Are they missing something? I don't know enough about Alchie combat to say one way or the other but their descriptions of how it works or rather how it doesn't seem to indicate just plain broken rather than broken OP.

- Limb Counter - Fracture Relapsing -
    "Honestly, I just love that it counts limbs." - Mizik Corten
  • edited October 2014
    Yeah they have a bug or two but are really strong, even with the bug. Really really really really really strong.

Probably a bit stronger than Priest level offense.
  • MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway
    Alchemist is really strong for a momentum class. Most momentum classes have several hard counters to shut them down, alchemist has always had very few in comparison.

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • Alchemist is one of the funnest classes to fight against though.
  • MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway
    I wish I had evade  :(

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • I dstab them, I don't evade!
  • @Lilian‌

New willpower cost for staffcast, from my testing, was 18. Although I have an amulet of the will and trans philosophy, so I don't know how much of that affected my testing.