Eleusis vs Mhaldor, the Good and the Bad!

Comments

• im sure ashtan will come out with hippies 'no war, make love!' type of thing. :) 

2015/01/12 Tecton, the Terraformer has bestowed His divine favour upon you. It will last for approximately 1 Achaean month.
  • God dammit Jhui leave the isle so I can get Milenka to help me fix my aliases

Thanks

• TohranTohran Everywhere you don't want to be. I'm the anti-Visa!
    Rangor said:

Is ok Tohran. Once we're bored with Mhaldor, we'll make peace, have cookies, then go punch ashtan in the face and scream WAAAAARRRR at them too.

But... I'm friendly towards Ashtan. Start a war with Targossas, that'd be more up your RP line anyway after the public posts about how jacked up they are for messing with the river.

• @Ruth the only way war would be cool with Ashtan right now is if we had like a 3 month bloodshed event and then it was over. 

• Mhaldor has actually been doing pretty well against the Ashtani lately (mostly because larger numbers of pretty good people can eventually kill even Nicator over there when he's rolling with only two or three friends) but a war would still be a little much. I feel like we are still growing and developing as group fighters (some earring purchases are earning their keep) though so maybe soon!

• RuthRuth Singapore

Snipers and soulspears can only do so much! Besides, if soulspears was so good, our two main apo-apos wouldn't class change. Being monk da best though, just dive in, expect to die but then you see yourself kill loads of people.

All the cool kids are doing it.

That being said, seems like the initial excitement for the war has gone down. I definitely see a lot less Eleusian ganks on us, at the very least. Still haven't been able to talk to Ravien but I'll likely talk to any other Council member I can catch next.

"Mummy, I'm hungry, but there's no one to eat! :C"

• Daeir said:

Large numbers of no risk out-of-room snipers and soulspears can overcome even the most artefacted person, yes.

Only times we've won was either bigger numbers with decent melee coordination and when I'm in lesser and we pull it off well. You don't even fight or watch us </3.

• Do you smell Christian blood daeir?

• Daeir said:
    Bukariin said:
    Daeir said:

The risk should be in RP, rather than in mechanics, is all I'm saying.

Sorry, no, it's a bad idea.

Death must have some kind of tangible penalty for it to actually matter.

Again, that penalty can come through RP or some other mechanic that isn't essentially throwing away a crystallized amount of time. I am not advocating no penalty for death. That would be silly. Essence loss, cosmetic penalties, impact on organizations/cities you belong to, stuff like that.

There's no inherent risk to mechanical character development that way, which is what the current system does and is wildly unpopular because of it. I am willing to stake a very large amount of imaginary currency on the world literally exploding with immediate and relevant conflict if xp death loss was gone for PK deaths.

Thank you for at least trying to be constructive with this, unlike Aepas, who just seems to shit the bed whenever I bring this up.

The current system isn't wildly unpopular. It's fine. In fact, compared to what it was in the past, it's amazing.

I'd be sad to see Achaea trending towards the WoW playstyle where there's no consequences for losing. I think that would be far too shallow for a game like Achaea.

• Mhaldor has actually been doing pretty well against the Ashtani lately (mostly because larger numbers of pretty good people can eventually kill even Nicator over there when he's rolling with only two or three friends) but a war would still be a little much. I feel like we are still growing and developing as group fighters (some earring purchases are earning their keep) though so maybe soon!

Bring it

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • RuthRuth Singapore

I will usually loan out my wings if I'm not using them (especially now that a certain person named Hasar doesn't ask for them all the time!) That, or just get an earring with one of those wing lovers.

"Mummy, I'm hungry, but there's no one to eat! :C"

• @Ruth can I borrow your wings? I promise not to use them to get into Mhaldor in any way shape or form. I might go bug Hashan instead.

- 2014/05/13 03:37:22 - Jhui dies gasping for breath, asphyxiated by the power of Hanley Silverstorm's kai.

SerpentKai Go!

• Sorry I'm borrowing them

• My wings are better

• If I give you my wings will you come to Mhaldor? The knights of the Maldaathi love visitors o:)

• Lots of people are 100% gifted earrings because it's incredibly beneficial to the buyer still. Not so much for wings!

Chat with other players in real time on your phone, browser, or desktop client:
    Come join the Achaea discord!
  • CaladbolgCaladbolg Campbell County TN
    Rom said:

Lots of people are 100% gifted earrings because it's incredibly beneficial to the buyer still. Not so much for wings!

I've bought one earring and currently have 3 (had 4 at one point)

Earrings are one of the most powerful combat artifact in the game imo, instant unstopable travel is highly overpowered with the only downsides being the person has to be logged in/on plane and the person can't be standing ontop of you. 

Not really considering prone/para/web stopping it a downside though!

Wings on the other hand.. are nice for escaping if your outdoors, no silence vibe, not prone/para/transfixed ect ect.

but why get wings when you can get earrings with someone who has them.

• Rangor said:

I just want to highlight for everyone @ryuke's pro skills in this gank on @ayoxele.

https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/bcb1f4aa

@Rangor‌ I was probably drunk. I am usually drunk.

• Okai, had a meeting with ruth and going to try something new, to keep the forums in the loop! Because this's the kinda thing I'd want to be reading when reading the forums at work. Keep in mind that you will have no knowledge of any of what you read in thelog though.

https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/b9dc0080

• JurixeJurixe Where you least expect it
    edited August 2014

I'm sure everyone will find out ICly somehow anyway but I feel like it'd be better learnt IC than OOC, to be honest. In theory it doesn't make a difference in the end, but I feel really weird seeing this entire conversation posted on forums. I get that you wanted to stir up some interest, but I really feel like reposting it word for word is just...odd. After the war is fine, when it doesn't have an impact on anything, but during the war? What exactly was the point of having the leaders have a top secret meeting then? I really think expecting people not to use this ICly somehow, whether consciously or unconsciously, is expecting a bit too much and I hope this doesn't become the norm.

If you like my stories, you can find them here:
    Stories by Jurixe and Stories by Jurixe 2 

Interested in joining a Discord about Achaean RP? Want to comment on RP topics or have RP questions? Check the Achaean RP Resource out here: https://discord.gg/Vbb9Zfs

• edited August 2014

I enjoyed reading the log. No way I could get this information IC. Thx.

Edit: Very epic interaction, IMHO.

• edited August 2014

@Rangor, so rude lol.
    You cast the eye sigil at the ground, and it bursts with a flash of light.
    You perform a quick search of your surroundings.