Eleusis vs Mhaldor, the Good and the Bad!

Comments

• Drodak said:
    I'm a new player and I'm glad I took the time to check out the forums. It is valuable to know early on that anything you say and do in game could easily be made public to the entire playerbase within moments.

Only if you let it!

• Rangor said:
    Okai, had a meeting with ruth and going to try something new, to keep the forums in the loop! Because this's the kinda thing I'd want to be reading when reading the forums at work. Keep in mind that you will have no knowledge of any of what you read in thelog though.

https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/b9dc0080

I have to say, I'm not very impressed with Mhaldor's terms for a cessation in hostilities. You were right to guffaw at that! :D

Dragonknight tells you, "SAIBEL SAIBEL BO BAIBEL FE FI FO FABLE."
  • MVP goes to shrine raiser Aepas for the night.

Replies the scorpion: "It's my nature..."
  • RuthRuth Singapore
    edited August 2014
    Saibel said:
    Rangor said:
    Okai, had a meeting with ruth and going to try something new, to keep the forums in the loop! Because this's the kinda thing I'd want to be reading when reading the forums at work. Keep in mind that you will have no knowledge of any of what you read in thelog though.

I have to say, I'm not very impressed with Mhaldor's terms for a cessation in hostilities. You were right to guffaw at that! :D

It was worse initially, but I figured I'll rather be lenient and 'soft' (which were hilariously spoken of as harsh and ridiculous terms by Eleusis still) given how many Eleusians have been claiming to be unhappy OOCly. It's precisely that which is why I kept pushing the idea that the terms are amendable!

"Mummy, I'm hungry, but there's no one to eat! :C"

• Ruth said:
    Saibel said:
    Rangor said:

It was worse initially, but I figured I'll rather be lenient and 'soft' (which were hilariously spoken of as harsh and ridiculous terms by Eleusis still) given how many Eleusians have been claiming to be unhappy OOCly. It's precisely that which is why I kept pushing the idea that the terms are amendable!

Tsk. Bad Tyrannus. Mhaldor is not suppose to be soft

• edited August 2014

I kinda like those terms as opening terms. :)

Rangor has a hard time understanding what's different about this war compared to the war he's been fighting for 400 years. :P

• I appreciated the log. The terms given, though, are more along the lines of what each side (primarily Mhaldor) will take when the war is over. There's no real discussion of how to decide when the war will be over. Discussing terms after the war is over is easy - me and Erhon managed to hammer out terms in the Ashtan-Shallam war in about 10 minutes. I'd be way more interested in seeing both parties discuss what the war is over, and what both their aims are.

• We should have a battle on eachother's turf.
    One giant battle to determine the fate of the Northreach forest.
    One giant battle 3 rooms in direct LOS.

Replies the scorpion: "It's my nature..."
  • I think the terms were pretty great on Ruth's behalf. Those are hefty war tides to be gained. 700k, or a bunch of commodities and some less amount of gold. I agree with Rangor though that the term is very short lived, to be honest. 5-10 IG years is honestly just a drop in the bucket. Something like 20/25 would make more sense and be far more beneficial to Eleusis, making them submit to the goals Mhaldor has set, and would move the process along a bit faster for those Eleusians who are already tired of it. 

Just and observation! Nice log though @Rangor. I like

• Micositu said:

I think converting mico would be a solid win for Eleusis in this war. (good luck)

How about knowing you saved 70 Eleusian lives and we give you 700,000 gold sovereigns or 500 obsidian, 500 steel and 500,000 gold sovereigns  and you have your name carved reallllllly tiny in a tree in a forest of your choice :neutral_face: 

• Assuming non-rhetorical:

From wiki: 445 AF - Ravien replaced Landon as Speaker.
    In-game conversion command: Achaean date 1 Mayan, year 445 at midnight would be 3/22/2007 at 15:00

Chat with other players in real time on your phone, browser, or desktop client:
    Come join the Achaea discord!
  • And people complain about Eleusis having too much politics. Plz, Eleusis the single most stable government in the IRL and IG world.

• Herenicus said:

Seeing certain people complain about IC/OOC crossover is just lol.

Not enough .'s in the world to emphasize this post.

• AthelasAthelas Cape Town South Africa

Those aren't diplomatic terms, not even close.

And no victory conditions have been laid out either:
    Here comes another Mhaldor vs Shalam. We'll only end up with pissed off players leaving to play WOW or Sim City even.

• Athelas said:
    NO, NORMAL FORESTS DO NOT REJUVENATE ON THEIR OWN!!! THIS IS A MYTH!!!

If they don't, then that's a bug. Extermination is temporary (the room regenerates after about an Achaean year), except in Mhaldor. Announce 3818 is pretty clear about that.

• MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida

That would actually be hard to prove since there's pretty much no way a room is going to get ignored for a full year, unless perhaps it's on a far-off island, and even then I doubt it. Eleusis is very good about consistent patrolling, and between that and rogue forestals who do the same that we can't keep track of, there's pretty much no way to test that. Would just have to assume it works.

And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • edited August 2014
    hmm... never mind. nothing here of any interest.
    edit for thread purity.
    “There is no greater sorrow than thinking back upon a happy time in misery--”

• Nice discussion in the terms meeting. Liked it a lot.

• Melodie said:

It should be noted there is a definite desparity in the difference between extermination and rejuvenating in that extermination, when complete, gains an overall (small) positive net, whereas rejuvenation/replanting is always a loss, in both money and time. Plants only grow back on their own if the surrounding rooms about them are plentiful - a state plants are nearly never in these days.

Extermination won't gain the necromancer essence unless it's full plants or something.

• MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway

yeah generally you will lose essence from exterminating. Very rarely will you gain it.

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • Ruth said:

@Aluciana, did you write this?!

Haha Newps.  I usually hand deliver important letters sealed and watch them burn it after they read it.  :wink: 

• @Nyderrasethi gave Taraza a letter, I was rather speechless. Though yeah, if you want to mimic someone please take the effort into making it..uh..more believable? I spent about 10 minutes laughing. Although only one of them sounded close to the actual person. (No it is not @Zii, big words terrify Zii)