Eleusis vs Mhaldor, the Good and the Bad!

Comments

• Passive aggressive smilies aside, Eleusis' definition of raiding typically includes PVE during offpeak hours. Is that what you would consider 'normal'?

I acknowledge that you have attempted to raid Ashtan during the morning (EST) hours recently, though. Only killed a few NPCs too!

• Ruth said:

No, I'm simply calling my opponents completely uninventive and unwilling to acknowledge the facts of any given situation placed before them, and then their ability to compromise so both sides walk away from the war better for it in different aspects.

See Exterminations.

• AthelasAthelas Cape Town South Africa

@Alrena I'm very much in agreement with you on the vengeance vs. defence argument. :)

• HerenicusHerenicus The Western Front

I need at least a few days, and probably the weekend, to finish your progaganda piece, @Rangor. If the thought of pissing me off really appeals to you, capitulate sometime on Friday.

• So what have both sides achieved in the war so far?

• HerenicusHerenicus The Western Front
    Silas said:

So what have both sides achieved in the war so far?

Seeing a lot of happy Mhaldorians, which tends to generate more and happier Mhaldorians. Looking to hit that critical mass, yo!

• Arditi said:

You know what, I'm curious.

Paging @Sena, I need some math done real quick:

I need you to tell me approximately how much Concoctions revenue is lost from allowing one forest room to remain exterminated for 12 Achaean days.

I'd need to know more about the growth rate of plants (this isn't very important though, chances are all of them would be staying at sparse), and the... ungrowth rate caused by people harvesting from them (again only for non-sparse plants), and how many herbs you can get from each plant level, and the number of people who would be harvesting from that room.

Basically, I don't have any numbers for harvesting.

• Herenicus said:
    Silas said:

So what have both sides achieved in the war so far?

Seeing a lot of happy Mhaldorians, which tends to generate more and happier Mhaldorians. Looking to hit that critical mass, yo!

Ah, so it's an expansionist war. I see.

• Rangor just needs to raid 24/7 obv

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • Dunn said:

Passive aggressive smilies aside, Eleusis' definition of raiding typically includes PVE during offpeak hours. Is that what you would consider 'normal'?

I acknowledge that you have attempted to raid Ashtan during the morning (EST) hours recently, though. Only killed a few NPCs too!

Assumptions of intent behind smilies aside(wtf?), it's a cycle. Mhaldor exterms/raids when they have their core around during US timezones and as retaliation, Eleusis raids when we have our core around.

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

[ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]
  • How is it hard to draw the conclusion that a smiley after a backhanded comment isn't just that? Not a logical leap.

I liked the other guy better.

• It's a matter of perspective, seems more tongue-in-cheek than passive aggressive to me.

That's what she said.

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

[ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]
  • Things can be achieved in a war? :O

• MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway
    Boredom has been achieved. You are one of these people Sir.

(clan): Rangor says, "This is so boring."

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • Rangor said:
    Things can be achieved in a war? :O

Of course. Guard kills, room destruction, etc.

• Silas said:
    Rangor said:
    Things can be achieved in a war? :O

Of course. Guard kills, room destruction, etc.

Does exterminated groves count?

If they do we're totally loosing, if they don't I think we're up a bit.

• Well maybe its going to be like a real war, where it drags out and people begin to wonder why they are fighting it anymore.

Timezoning is only metagaming technically - what this is IC is a form of guerrilla warfare. You are not around so Eleusis is capitalizing (which is historically effective).

• MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • Exterms probably don't count since Eleusis has no counter. Maybe add +1 to an imaginary counter for every 12 seconds spent in a room on the isle.

• They might be up a bit on shrines too. @Micositu mad at the defiling

• I think it is important to note that the reason Eleusis raids off peak isn't a guerilla warfare tactic, but the complete and utter impossibility that Eleusis will raid without their fearless General. 

The major difference is Mhaldor has a few leaders (see: @Hasar, @Xer, @Micositu, @Crixos, even @Vicious) that are more than willing (and have) lead parties into Eleusis and even sanctioned raids. Haven't always tanked or guard wiped, but neither has Eleusis without Rangor really.

• Talysin said:

Well maybe its going to be like a real war, where it drags out and people begin to wonder why they are fighting it anymore.

Timezoning is only metagaming technically - what this is IC is a form of guerrilla warfare. You are not around so Eleusis is capitalizing (which is historically effective).

Timezoning isn't metagaming, you can't just say to yourself. "I won't go to work or have a life until this war is over"

• AerekAerek East Tennessee, USA

I don't think it's fair to say that there's no such thing as metagaming timezones, but it's also a completely legitimate reality of an online MUD played internationally, and it's pretty difficult to honestly differentiate 'metagaming' from 'unusual lifestyle/schedule'.

People play from different timezones, or during different times of day. Sometimes those times don't line up conveniently for everyone. Not something worth complaining about.

-- Grounded in but one perspective, what we perceive is an exaggeration of the truth.