Eleusis vs Mhaldor, the Good and the Bad!

Comments

• You also misspelled "Nagarani"

• Aluciana said:
    Ruth said:

@Aluciana, did you write this?!

Haha Newps.  I usually hand deliver important letters sealed and watch them burn it after they read it.  :wink: 

do they burn it before or after they behead you?

• I wasn't going for super powerful attempt, more just for fun. If you've read any of the recent attempts by Mhaldorians they are comical at best, too.
  • Woah, woah. It's ok dude, yours wasn't that bad.

• Rakon said:
    Ruth said:

The correct spelling is 'Macaroni Mycen.' :D

I'm using this from now on. You hear that @Mycen? You can be Macaroni, I'll be Yankee Doodle. 

Hot

• I wasn't going for super powerful attempt, more just for fun. If you've read any of the recent attempts by Mhaldorians they are comical at best, too.

<3

Response to mine was "lol that over the top stuff is hilarious good job" and you get "AT LEAST MAKE IT BELIEVABLE"

rofl

• shh, if he didn't get the voice right it's only because you guys don't talk to the enemy enough. :)

• ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo

I honestly think you are all missing the point if you expect people to make it sound like yourselves. Imitating speech pattern is not something that can be done after talking with someone just once or twice, much less here, where most people only have a vague idea of the other team, and in some cases, a deep well of animosity.  Besides, its not like anyone will fall for it, no matter how realistically they imitate someone's else speech and mannerism, unless the person willingly decides to roleplay falling for it. In which case, honestly, the propaganda already served its function as a device.

tl;dr: Sounding believable is secondary to serving as a rolepalying device, which is the point of the letters.

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• Rangor said:
    Daeir said:
    Talking to heathens is fraternization, Rangor. Do you want to end up like Melodie?

Melodie ended up in the best place ever!

Nirvana? ... oh, wait...whoops

• That letter was adorable!

• if I lose the exterm contest I'm going to rage exterm

• best time to kill guards, though!

You got this Xinna

• MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway

i qq'd because i knew xinna has that easy. Didn't want to ruin her fun.

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • Wars would be way more interesting if when both sides declared war their city repairs were stopped until either their whole city (or x amount of rooms in their city) was destroyed or they destroyed their enemy's city. 

For example, Mhaldor and Eleusis declare war, each city starts attacking the other city and every room they destroy remains in ruin until the end of the war. This would allow the city as a whole to feel the impact of being at war as shops become unusable, roads become difficult terrain or completely unusable, access to House Halls is blocked, etc. and would encourage everyone to finish the war in order to restore peace and normalcy to their city and would provide a definitive winner and loser instead of both sides claiming that they won.

As the war progresses, it would be more and more difficult to take out those last handfuls of rooms needed to secure the victory because they would be the more defensible rooms and the city guards wouldn't be so spread thin and would be highly concentrated on a smaller area. This would be similar to how in medieval times they would sack the outside of the city, then move their way in and the defenders would retreat into the center of the castle. As it is, both sides can raid the other, destroy some rooms which are repaired as soon as they leave and there is no visible impact on the life of the citizens and no one cares that they are getting raided so there is no pressure on leadership to admit defeat if it is obvious that they have lost and are just clinging on to the war for pride sake. If the citizens were cut off from a bunch of their shops, the forge was destroyed, they lost access to their subdivision and they're essentially stuck in a ten room area of their city because everything else is in ruin, their city leaders would be getting an earful urging them to finish up the war or admit defeat and regroup and plan better for the next war.

It would also be something that the winners could actually be proud of, to see how they worked hard and gave their lives multiple times to clutch the victory and return peace to their fellow citizens. There could be larger rewards from being the victor or a war, perhaps your city is able to take a chunk of the other cities bankaccount or credits or you get some kind of a boon like your citizens get a +10% experience boost for a while from moral being so high or something.

• Grandue said:

As the war progresses, it would be more and more difficult to take out those last handfuls of rooms needed to secure the victory because they would be the more defensible rooms and the city guards wouldn't be so spread thin and would be highly concentrated on a smaller area. 

Not entirely with the way it is set up now. You can't station guards in destroyed rooms. Could maybe work around depending on the geography of the destroyed rooms.

• Hasar said:
    Grandue said:

As the war progresses, it would be more and more difficult to take out those last handfuls of rooms needed to secure the victory because they would be the more defensible rooms and the city guards wouldn't be so spread thin and would be highly concentrated on a smaller area. 

Not entirely with the way it is set up now. You can't station guards in destroyed rooms. Could maybe work around depending on the geography of the destroyed rooms.

I think you misread that. It would become more difficult BECAUSE you can't station guards in destroyed rooms, so the guards would have to be moved to other rooms, which means as the war progresses those guards are in a smaller and smaller area, making it difficult to find areas where there aren't guard stacks. For instance, if you have 100 rooms and 100 guards, you're spread thin, when you get raided down to 20 rooms, you now have 100 guards spread across 20 rooms, making them way more difficult to raid.

• RuthRuth Singapore
    Dunn said:

3 citizens of Mhaldor are currently detectable,

Omi, Praxides, Xinna

11 citizens of Eleusis are currently 

detectable, Kiah, Ryuke, Seftin, Zlatan, Cynders, Alrena, Zafi, Somerled, 

Iakimen, Marv, Ianai

[Nutmeg]: 6 at Alrena (Laboratory of Jirken): Marv Somerled Ryuke Seftin Alrena 

Kiah 

That's what I like to see! And that's just ungemmed!

Going by how wars go, I think they'll declare victory any time now and set their relations to neutral. Waiting for it!

"Mummy, I'm hungry, but there's no one to eat! :C"