Eleusis vs Mhaldor, the Good and the Bad!

Comments

• edited August 2014

I haven't seen Mhaldor use worldburn in a long time. For this, I am truly grateful. I freaking hate worldburn.

edit : They might have, I just haven't seen it!

• Wrong timezone :)

I use worldburn when outnumbered/outgunned too.

• RuthRuth Singapore
    edited August 2014

Guilty about the worldburn on first death yesterday, actually. I didn't really like the force command to headslam guard very much and a compounding fact was that we didn't really have a lot of defenders (~3-4, including me). Fine, I can excuse that because we all do the timezone abuse sometime or the other. Yet, during the three hour window between that attempt and the next successful one, we had a lot of people come on. We even skirmished with some of you. And then you only decide to raid the city after our people qq to do RL stuff?

What it feels like to me is Eleusis's petulant response to Mhaldor rejecting Ravien and her council's ridiculous 'I will pay you 700k to get you off my city and I won't even bother thinking of anything that could potentially lead to an interesting end of war' counter-offer.

Essentially, it's striking out with a guard raid and inflicting enough of a blow with additional monetary damage, enough to justify (presumably) a declaration of neutral status and a sudden roundabout turn of a self-righteous attitude.

I may have fun with the PK aspect of the conflict and I don't mind dying at all because some interactions are entertaining in its own way (I remember Ellodin jokingly piss-talking about my choice of form to me while simultaneously stabbing me to death the other day I led an extermination on N. Ithmia).

However, there's so much other potential that went to waste in this war that it's sad to say that there's only a few who realize and have the capability to think or act on it. 

That's my thoughts on the whole outcome. It was a disappointing war that was barely worth talking about in the IG years to come.

"Mummy, I'm hungry, but there's no one to eat! :C"

• edited August 2014

"We have tried when there are defenders on. We hit guard stack, and on first deathsight worldburn is triggered." This statement is very misleading, especially considering the context of Cooper's statement that you responded to "I can't count on one hand (probably 2 or 3) the number of times I logged in to be one of two or three defenders and saw a guard killing party in the city."

You got worldburned when 3/4 defenders (I say defenders: It was Orzaansyn, Ruth, Omi and some unranked 18 year old) were on and you were raiding with 9 people at one point, almost all of them Dragons. Your snide followup statement about Mhaldor not raiding is pretty indicative of your attitude. 

• No, we didn't get worldburned when the 3 little guys were online. We killed lots of guards then.

We get worldburned when there are defenders online.

Err.. It didn't really have anything to do with the talks you did with Ravien, although the timing was rather nice. 

We tried to hit guards and raid when you had people on, but we couldn't get in due to flying blockers as well as getting thrown out when we died on guards. We try to raid, defile and hit a guards when I am around. This time there weren't defenders and we succeeded with guards.

• RuthRuth Singapore

One talk, really.

So, in summary, you all but admitted that the purpose was really to get into the city to PvE guards instead of engaging with the players.

• Shrines are really easy to deal with when you've got surprise, and re-raised shrines are really easy to deal with if you're expecting them.

So yes, raid better.

Cascades of quicksilver light streak across the firmament as the celestial voice of Ourania intones, "Oh Jarrod..."

• AthelasAthelas Cape Town South Africa

@Ruth That feeling you have there. Yes the one where you would just love to call the opponent a coward followed by any number of expletives, that's how I feel about the mass exterminations. ;)

• Eleusis uses summon guard everytime we go in-city @Rangor. Stole my secret strats.  :'(

Not complaining about it, but don't just point at us and say only we do it. (If that was suggested)

• RuthRuth Singapore
    edited August 2014

No, I'm simply calling my opponents completely uninventive and unwilling to acknowledge the facts of any given situation placed before them, and then their ability to compromise so both sides walk away from the war better for it in different aspects.

• From my few raids v Mhaldor with Eleusis it basically consists of eleusis gets in, Mhaldor goes to sewers, Eleusis gets in, Mhaldor worldburns.

On my few raids with Mhaldor v Eleusis - it consists of Mhaldor goes to the forest - Mhaldor exterminates - Mhaldor doesn't actually go into the city.

Both cities are dicks.

Fucking griefers.

• Athelas said:

@Ruth That feeling you have there. Yes the one where you would just love to call the opponent a coward followed by any number of expletives, that's how I feel about the mass exterminations. ;)

When city guards magically spring back to life for free after 12 days, the "but but exterminations" crowd has my permission to gripe and moan.

• Jarrod said:

Shrines are really easy to deal with when you've got surprise, and re-raised shrines are really easy to deal with if you're expecting them.

So yes, raid better.

All Mhaldor guards are in range of worldburn. :)

When doing regular raids outside of guards we do of course kill shrines first (if we bothered bashing first)

• Ruth said:

One talk, really.

So, in summary, you all but admitted that the purpose was really to get into the city to PvE guards instead of engaging with the players.

Yes. This is a war of attrition no?

• edited August 2014

Hasar said:
    Eleusis uses summon guard everytime we go in-city @Rangor. Stole my secret strats.  :'(

Not complaining about it, but don't just point at us and say only we do it. (If that was suggested)

Everyone does it, legit defence stragety. Guards are there for a reason, to balance the odds and to make raiding a city harder. (because offenders always picks the time and place.)

• Rangor said:

Ruth said:

One talk, really.

Mhaldor's coffers versus the will of Eleusis to resist the urge to type "ARMY RESIGN"?

• edited August 2014
    Arditi said:
    Rangor said:

Ruth said:

One talk, really.

Mhaldor's coffers versus the will of Eleusis to resist the urge to type "ARMY RESIGN"?

The goal is to make us run out of elemental ice by offering 2-3 mill gold reward to the one doing the most exterminations. :)

• Ruth said:

No, I'm simply calling my opponents completely uninventive and unwilling to acknowledge the facts of any given situation placed before them, and then their ability to compromise so both sides walk away from the war better for it in different aspects.

Sure, we could be way more inventive with the terms. Totally not my thing. War's still going though, so it's not too late to come up with new ideas or proposals.

• You know what, I'm curious.

Paging @Sena, I need some math done real quick:

I need you to tell me approximately how much Concoctions revenue is lost from allowing one forest room to remain exterminated for 12 Achaean days.

If we could compare that to the cost of elemental ice and the cost of hiring a new city guard, that would be awesome.

• RuthRuth Singapore
    Rangor said:
    Ruth said:

Sure, we could be way more inventive with the terms. Totally not my thing. War's still going though, so it's not too late to come up with new ideas or proposals.

This ball is in your/Eleusis council's court, as it always has been since our initial meeting. It's certainly not my prerogative to do the job for the other organization as well.

• edited August 2014
    Ruth said:
    Rangor said:
    Ruth said:

This ball is in your/Eleusis council's court, as it always has been since our initial meeting. It's certainly not my prerogative to do the job for the other organization as well.

So what will you do if we're not satisfyingly inventive? Ending the war for x years, accepting a monetary compensation isn't good enough? :P

Ending this before it becomes unenjoyable for the majority of either side is as much in your court as it is in ours.

• Rangor said:

So what will you do if we're not satisfyingly inventive? Ending the war for x years, accepting a monetary compensation isn't good enough? :P

For the low low price of 117 credits (selling at 6000 a piece), you can turn Eleusis into Hashan.

Honestly, if that deal goes through, I hope Ashtan immediately declares war afterwards because the idea that the losing party gets to dictate the terms has interesting historical precedent.

• RuthRuth Singapore
    Rangor said:
    Ruth said:
    Rangor said:
    Ruth said:

Ending this before it becomes unenjoyable for the majority of either side is as much in your court as it is in ours.

I think it's been pretty clear so far that I'm extremely flexible with war conditions, but not to the point bending over to accept inconsequential, material compensation in exchange for cessation of something major, like the whole Nature-Mhaldor 'red fog' conflict arc.

• Arditi said:
    Rangor said:

For the low low price of 117 credits (selling at 6000 a piece), you can turn Eleusis into Hashan.

Honestly, if that deal goes through, I hope Ashtan immediately declares war afterwards because the idea that the losing party gets to dictate the terms has interesting historical precedent.

We're hostile to pretty must everybody. Good to go whenever.

• edited August 2014
    Ruth said:
    Rangor said:
    Ruth said:
    Rangor said:
    Ruth said:

I think it's been pretty clear so far that I'm extremely flexible with war conditions, but not to the point bending over to accept inconsequential, material compensation in exchange for cessation of something major, like the whole Nature-Mhaldor 'red fog' conflict arc.

but.. what if we win? Or is this not an option? Perhaps a draw?