Eleusis vs Mhaldor, the Good and the Bad!

Comments

• soulrezz strong when skirmishing. Bodyrezz strong when raiding.

• edited August 2014
    Xer said:

Which is why I'm curious nothing was done. I believe something was said about it being factional perk, and to leave it as is, but I still think that it's a great factional perk if self-rezz was limited to once per hour. It grants the same overarching purpose, still a great usage in a large melee once, but without it being overbearing by being able to do it ALL the time. Quite literally, the rezzer just needs to get to some grove, grove conceal, get all the souls to autowalk there, renounce grace, and soulrezz a whole bunch of people in under a minute. The grove could even be in the same area and it'd be extremely difficult to get there in time before at least a few souls are ressurected already, making a huge shift in melee fights, particularly elongated ones, or if people are chasing.

EDIT: I'm pointing out what I think is a problem in how a particular ability is used, and suggesting a possible change while trying to retain its overall flavour and effectiveness. If you have a problem with soulspear, I'm more than willing to talk about how it changed beyond just lolnerf plz. Which it has been multiple times. There are definitely ways it can still be modified to encourage healthier aspects of Achaean combat, but that's a different discussion you're free to open. Lol, whining. Whining is what your fellow Eleusians do when you leave after a single snipe because you don't want to die. And I'd take that trade as a whole anyday. I'm pretty sure Ashtan would trade Truename for soulrezz/selfrezz instantly too.

Soulrezz/selfrezz is powerful... when fighting in the forest. It is completely useless while raiding an enemy city , and easily countered by dumping eyes around Eleusis when raiding us. 

Also, you don't get sniped once. You get soulspeared, then sniped several times. Duh.

Edit: oh, I know! Let's put a cap on self-rezz of once per hour, and put a cap of one exterm per hour (or huge essence cost) too! That'd solve both sides' whining problems, no?

• RuthRuth Singapore
    edited August 2014

'get corpse;say duanathar;north;resurrect;say renounce grace;beckon person;travel to person with earring'.

"Mummy, I'm hungry, but there's no one to eat! :C"

• AchillesAchilles Los Angeles

I'll trade you guys bloodsworn for self-rez/soulspear/truename/a shiny penny.  Deal?

• edited August 2014
    Ruth said:

'get corpse;say duanathar;north;resurrect;say renounce grace;beckon person;travel to person with earring'.

Faster to use tree of yggdrasil.

edit: but sometimes we don't all have wings and easy ways in and out of city. :)

• YaeYae
    edited August 2014

My contribution to the war is that I spend an hour each day doing nothing except cleaning after Ayoxele.  :#

If you need me, you can find me sporadically on the Achaea Discord as Yae. 
    Do not DM on forums unless you're ok with waiting a couple months!
  • RuthRuth Singapore

That's what we should be striving towards as best as possible, I would think!

• Then we'd have to preplan the outcomes and everything before starting the war. Get some admins on board for eventual RP effects and all that. Not happening in today's war system. :)

• Xer said:

Whining is what your fellow Eleusians do when you leave after a single snipe because you don't want to die. And I'd take that trade as a whole anyday. 

Not sure if you're aware already but I believe that's what gravehands are for. Also, you should probably consider timing ranged attacks after throwing a soulspear, since they take some time to writhe off and can keep someone off balance for kai chokes.

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

[ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]
  • Exelethril said:

Xer said:

Whining is what your fellow Eleusians do when you leave after a single snipe because you don't want to die. And I'd take that trade as a whole anyday. 

Not sure if you're aware already but I believe that's what gravehands are for. Also, you should probably consider timing ranged attacks after throwing a soulspear, since they take some time to writhe off and can keep someone off balance for kai chokes.

Telling Xer how to use gravehands/soulspear/gravehands

Lel

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • Rangor said:

Then we'd have to preplan the outcomes and everything before starting the war. Get some admins on board for eventual RP effects and all that. Not happening in today's war system. :)

Just ask the admin for an honors line that makes it look like you won the war when you really lost it.

I hear they owe you one.  :p

• HerenicusHerenicus The Western Front
    Rangor said:

Then we'd have to preplan the outcomes and everything before starting the war. Get some admins on board for eventual RP effects and all that. Not happening in today's war system. :)

The soft bigotry of low expectations :(

There's still time to make this one for the history books. 

• MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway
    You got a cookie.

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • Mishgul said:

Woah woah woah. We do not touch the spiders in this war. I am going to have to have strong words with certain people.

Sent By: Achaea on 8/21/16:22

A coral-back tarantula, your loyal companion, has been slain by Herose Lichlord, Shadow of Suffering.

Promises were made and broken!!! Stahp the pet-slaying you cruel bastards >_<

• Cynder said:
    Chiam said:

@Cynders‌ oh the deaths are okay! If you get over the initial grief of losing xp, you'll probably learn more. I've probably died more than 100 times since the war started, lol.

300ms death every Eleusis rush. Please target priority @Hasar‌ or something. Leave the noob alive.

Oh, I don't care the least about dying. That's why I grabbed relics and taunted Mizik and so on. The game is fun to me, and keeping this positive attitude is what will keep it fun. The talks with @Hasar @Cresil and other people that otherwise put some interest in Cyn's month is what keeps me logging in. :)

Besides, I'm a die-hard demon souls and dark souls player, death doesn't even phase me anymore. I just have to scroll up while I wait for Thoth to revive me, and see what the hell just blew me up. ^.~

Demons souls ... you sad, depraved masochist 

• RuthRuth Singapore

Rangor said:

You don't need to get an admin to help you with RP effects. That's just further icing on a cake that you can already bake and decorate yourself. Sure, it's nice, but no, it's really not necessary.

Also, you don't really need to preplan the outcomes before starting the war. I think doing it at most within  1-2 days with the other side after starting a war would still be acceptable, but any longer and it gets harder to shape the outcomes given citizens of both cities would be already in the thick of aggressions.

• TharvisTharvis The Land of Beer and Chocolate!
    Aegoth said:
    Cynder said:
    Chiam said:

@Cynders‌ oh the deaths are okay! If you get over the initial grief of losing xp, you'll probably learn more. I've probably died more than 100 times since the war started, lol.

300ms death every Eleusis rush. Please target priority @Hasar‌ or something. Leave the noob alive.

Oh, I don't care the least about dying. That's why I grabbed relics and taunted Mizik and so on. The game is fun to me, and keeping this positive attitude is what will keep it fun. The talks with @Hasar @Cresil and other people that otherwise put some interest in Cyn's month is what keeps me logging in. :)

Besides, I'm a die-hard demon souls and dark souls player, death doesn't even phase me anymore. I just have to scroll up while I wait for Thoth to revive me, and see what the hell just blew me up. ^.~

Demons souls ... you sad, depraved masochist 

hey, don't diss demon souls, that game was AWESOME.

Aurora says, "Tharvis, why are you always breaking things?!"
    Artemis says, "You are so high maintenance, Tharvis, gosh."
    Tecton says, "It's still your fault, Tharvis."

• It's a sign from the Logos!

• Jurixe said:
    Rangor said:

Then we'd have to preplan the outcomes and everything before starting the war.

How on earth is this not possible? In an ideal world, this would be the protocol before any war. Real wars always have some sort of objective to them, and I think overall it would just be a better experience.

Just saying it won't happen in -this- war :P

• Melodie said:
    So proud of you @Cynders.

I also agree that there's still time to save this war if people will get creative (or let people they know are creative get creative, if you're not very creative yourself), and try to turn it into something fun to end things. While some pre-planning on our side would have gone a loooooooong way towards making this better for us, I still think if Eleusis' leaders (all seven of them preferably, but at least five) are willing to throw themselves into things and make this better for the whole, we could finish this off nicely. As for the how, just needs some brainstorming!

Now, the original reason I came to this thread is I am damn sure Mhaldor has gone way above and beyond making sure they'll win now. I KNOW WHAT YOU GUYS ARE TRYING TO DO, YOU CAN'T PULL THE WOOL OVER MY EYES! Proof:

DON'T THINK YOU'LL GET AWAY WITH THIS!

five people getting together and doing stuff is like 3 too many to be effective. Eleusis' council way too big. :)

• MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida

Well I DID suggest a while ago we cut down to 5 instead of 7.

That's on you guys to enact though!

And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • I think it was asked about when Logistics' position opened up, but not sure on that.

Chat with other players in real time on your phone, browser, or desktop client:
    Come join the Achaea discord!
  • AthelasAthelas Cape Town South Africa

Actually 4 is enough. One to represent each house, and one to represent the city as an entity on it's own. The fifth person would exists as a tie breaker only. i.e. That person would serve only when there is a deadlock in a council vote, as a means to break the deadlock.

This should work for most cities. But Eleusis is a bit of a special case, so I'd suggest that the fifth person be a representative of Gaia's order. i.e. The fifth person is a direct representative of the will of Gaia

Perhaps we can do this as part of the renaissance?