What Happened To You Today?

Comments

• Sothantos said:
    Unrelated to anything, I don't think we actually doubled after the sanction last night. I think that force was around the same size the whole time. Wasn't an ideal time for us.
    From our perspective it did, but that wasn't my point and not something I am going to dredge through logs to prove or disprove. Point is, pushing an advantage when you have the opportunity to is completely fine in my book.

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • I just discovered I haven't had health elixir for the past two days and that I haven't been wearing my armour for a week since I switched my offense system (old one had auto wear).

Oops.
  • Reyson said:
    I'll tell the next teams to play the Super Bowl that it they only lose if they -feel- beaten, then.

You've tried your best to even the score, and you haven't been able to. Played it the same way we hace. And now, you have seven days to swing it and win it, with Eleusian tanks, so why you're sitting here wanting an extension instead of trying to win the war we're in right now is utterly bizarre to me.
    Mhaldor has done a great job of playing to their strengths, and disallowing or at least mitigating situations where Targossas can play to theirs. I'm not going to fault you all for doing that, because given the opportunity we would absolutely do the same (and have tried, though with considerably less success), and that's how you win a war. During all of the discussions on possible war systems, @Farrah has made the point that the victor would/should likely be the one who has the most consistent presence throughout the IC month, rather than the one who has the biggest peak force. In this war I think Mhaldor has proven that to be true.

However, there's nothing that I've seen during the war so far that would lead me to believe ICly that Mhaldor would, or even could, win in a straight up fight between the two cities. The loss is a result of a miscalculation about how the war would be fought, rather than a miscalculation about how our military strength at its peak compares to Mhaldor's at its peak. That doesn't make it any less of a loss, but it does change the way it will be thought about afterwards (on our side, if not yours).
  • Antonius said:
    Reyson said:
    I'll tell the next teams to play the Super Bowl that it they only lose if they -feel- beaten, then.

You've tried your best to even the score, and you haven't been able to. Played it the same way we hace. And now, you have seven days to swing it and win it, with Eleusian tanks, so why you're sitting here wanting an extension instead of trying to win the war we're in right now is utterly bizarre to me.
    Mhaldor has done a great job of playing to their strengths, and disallowing or at least mitigating situations where Targossas can play to theirs. I'm not going to fault you all for doing that, because given the opportunity we would absolutely do the same (and have tried, though with considerably less success), and that's how you win a war. During all of the discussions on possible war systems, @Farrah has made the point that the victor would/should likely be the one who has the most consistent presence throughout the IC month, rather than the one who has the biggest peak force. In this war I think Mhaldor has proven that to be true.

However, there's nothing that I've seen during the war so far that would lead me to believe ICly that Mhaldor would, or even could, win in a straight up fight between the two cities. The loss is a result of a miscalculation about how the war would be fought, rather than a miscalculation about how our military strength at its peak compares to Mhaldor's at its peak. That doesn't make it any less of a loss, but it does change the way it will be thought about afterwards (on our side, if not yours).
    That's your right, and I don't necessarily think it's all that bad to not feel beaten. A straight-up fight between peaks isn't the solution either, though. Even disregarding the fact one city's peak isn't at the same time as another's, everyone who missed the Serenade 'peak' battle(s) isn't going to feel beaten either. I absolutely agree that a consistent presence should decide a war, over who has the largest/strongest group at one point, otherwise there'd be very little point for any city to go to war with a larger (in terms of active players) city. That said, I'll repeat tanks aren't a good measure for war. Neutral battlegrounds would be more fun.
  • Are we just discounting Nish battles and skirmishes that we've won?
  • Are we just discounting Nish battles and skirmishes that we've won?
    I guess so? I can't really comment on anything I haven't witnessed. I don't want to put too much weight on things I've only heard about because obviously there's some bias to the reports I hear and read IC.
  • Has there been a single Nish battle?
  • well we're talking about straight-up fights and battles, i didnt assume necessarily during the war. the people that have fought in nish battles before the war are basically the same as the people fighting during, with the exception of dunn and seragorn for sure.

anyway because this is a different thread for different reasons, Jomi became the Collector of Intrigue in the Insidium. Will be fun getting into a new position after the war is done.
  • well we're talking about straight-up fights and battles, i didnt assume necessarily during the war. the people that have fought in nish battles before the war are basically the same as the people fighting during, with the exception of dunn and seragorn for sure.

anyway because this is a different thread for different reasons, Jomi became the Collector of Intrigue in the Insidium. Will be fun getting into a new position after the war is done.

The only thing you'll be collecting is PKDEATHS!

(congrats)
    The Divine voice of Twilight echoes in your head, "See that it is. I espy a tithe of potential in your mortal soul, Astarod Blackstone. Let us hope that it flourishes and does not falter as so many do."

Aegis, God of War says, "You are dismissed from My demense, Astarod. Go forth and fight well. Bleed fiercely, and climb the purpose you have sought to chase for."
  • I've started tip-toeing into the RP of Ashtan a bit. Well, perhaps not exactly the RP of Ashtan itself. But it takes place in Ashtan.

https://ada-young.com/pastebin/VqiUS_Fb
  • No you had that right the first time

Jumpy said:
    The membership is already such a good deal that there is no way we can reduce the cost. 

• Hit 100 kills today farming autobashers. Then proceeded to get wrecked by everyone in Mhaldor during some combat practice outside the gates. Was fun, am glad to have the group of players around me that I do.

Jumpy said:
    The membership is already such a good deal that there is no way we can reduce the cost. 

• Iaxus said:
    Hit 100 kills today farming autobashers. Then proceeded to get wrecked by everyone in Mhaldor during some combat practice outside the gates. Was fun, am glad to have the group of players around me that I do.
    wow u fight them but u dont fight me bro i see how it is

• I lost level 100, and then I gained it again.

From the Wheel of Fortune. 

My shame knows no bounds.
  • I won a pun contest. :D
  • Happy Canada Day to my fellow Canadian Achaeans!
  • How aboot dat...

Would have never known.
  • Decent weekend planning going on...
  • Eril said:
    Decent weekend planning going on...
    This is the most American beer run I have ever seen. Turn in your maple leaf.

• JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.
    That's what you consider to be American beer? Even though we have more microbreweries than any other country in the world by a margin of thousands?
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
  • Correct.

• Stefana said:
    Eril said:
    I couldn't disagree with you more!  These are stronger then American beer!  And bought in Quebec!!
  • Eril said:
    Stefana said:
    Eril said:
    I couldn't disagree with you more!  These are stronger then American beer!  And bought in Quebec!!
    Those 2 points are the same point stated twice. American beer sold in Canada is stronger than what they sell in the states, yeah. But you’re still drinking Coors Light :P

• JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.
    Well you smell like stinky cheese.
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
  • Stefana said:
    Eril said:
    Stefana said:
    Eril said:
    Those 2 points are the same point stated twice. American beer sold in Canada is stronger than what they sell in the states, yeah. But you’re still drinking Coors Light :P
    Haha Nah the MGD is for me.  The Coers is so my dad doesn’t have to give away HIS beer at the cottage when people visit him.
  • I won a drink-making contest! ...And then the game crashed and I'm scared I dropped my prize money. 4000 ping for over an hour makes things hard to follow. :p 
  • You don't drop gold on logout. Only on death.

Disappearing from Achaea for now. See you, space cowboy.

smileyface#8048 if you wanna chat.

• Saonji said:
    You don't drop gold on logout. Only on death.
    Thank you!