What Happened To You Today?

Comments

• Kresslack said:
    I went on a ride-along with Penwize last year and he hit up a bunch of islands and other places in a pre-determined circuit he calls the World Tour.
    Was he actually present for the tour?  

- To love another person is to see the face of G/d
    - Let me get my hat and my knife
    - It's your apple, take a bite
    - Don't dream it ... be it

• KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    Prythe said:
    Kresslack said:
    I went on a ride-along with Penwize last year and he hit up a bunch of islands and other places in a pre-determined circuit he calls the World Tour.
    Was he actually present for the tour?  
    Of course he was. 

• RIP House Luminai and Ama-maalier breathrain, a tough day for Targossas. Some fun memories with both!
  • Occie rework.

Ashtan finally getting excom, with fancy title too
    Imyrr- He is the Ruinous Intercessor of Interplanar Dominion.

Poggers

Disappearing from Achaea for now. See you, space cowboy.

smileyface#8048 if you wanna chat.

• Caelan said:
    Everyone has these creepy cool names and I'm over here sounding like a goddamn hippy gatekeeper at a town park.
    Warlord Caelan is p cool bro
  • Check out AB TUNNELVISION in the VISION skill, it should help cut down on a whole lot of spam for you.
  • Yeah I completely forgot about Tunnelvision @Davok. I even forgot about cloak like the noob I am and promptly got summoned and died. Thanks for the tip though!
  • Ryzan said:
    Caelan said:
    Everyone has these creepy cool names and I'm over here sounding like a goddamn hippy gatekeeper at a town park.
    Warlord Caelan is p cool bro
    No no..  Dread Eclair, Incestor, etc..  I get "High Warden". (It was just a joke though complaining about people complaining - oh, the irony).  Prophet of War is hawt fo sho.

• ArchaeonArchaeon Ur mums house lol
    I clearly have the best title
  • Archaeon said:
    I clearly have the best title
    OK copycat.
  • ArchaeonArchaeon Ur mums house lol
    You only inquire about heretics. I inquire about everyone
  • Saonji said:
    Occie rework.

Ashtan finally getting excom, with fancy title too
    Imyrr- He is the Ruinous Intercessor of Interplanar Dominion.

Poggers
    Looks cool at first glance and about time for the Excomm really.

I'd just been spending the past few weeks seriously debating the direction Sobby is going at the moment. Looks like the hand might be forced, which will be great, and might breath some life back into him (and me) a little.

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • Davok said:
    Check out AB TUNNELVISION in the VISION skill, it should help cut down on a whole lot of spam for you.
    I forget people actually use tunnelvision instead of obnoxious highlights. I don't think I've ever turned on tunnelvision. 

Jumpy said:
    The membership is already such a good deal that there is no way we can reduce the cost. 

• Iaxus said:
    Davok said:
    Check out AB TUNNELVISION in the VISION skill, it should help cut down on a whole lot of spam for you.
    I forget people actually use tunnelvision instead of obnoxious highlights. I don't think I've ever turned on tunnelvision. 
    Is it worth using, or does it cut out too much useful info? Specifically for group fights?

I'm finding it hard to digest the spam in group fights 
  • Jacen - it is extremely useful. You still see actions your target does, and you can configure it to not block things you might want to see.

• Unless you’ve got years of experience reading the Matrix (ie any combat in IRE), tunnel vision is legit. 

• Sweet, definitely gonna turn that on. Thanks guys!
  • Dunn said:
    Unless you’ve got years of experience reading the Matrix (ie any combat in IRE), tunnel vision is legit. 
    Even with, I think it's invaluable.

For anyone else curious:

You are ignoring the following kinds of messages that do not concern you: defences, eating,
    drinking, applying

^t (.+)$
    <stuff>
    send("tunnelvision on")

I keep it on unless I'm just hanging out in the city or whatever

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • I may have to try this new-fangled "tunnelview" or whatsit.

Jumpy said:
    The membership is already such a good deal that there is no way we can reduce the cost. 

I need to try it as well. These last few raid defenses and stuff have been hectic and all during I'm just trying to track balance recovering, shield, rebounding, etc.

• Just as a disclaimer, to use tunnel vision, you must be setting your in game target. You do this with:

ST <target>
  • Just be aware ST also has some really weird/stupid interactions, such as veildeliver going to your target if you typo the actual name.

veildeliver 373311 to aldkfalkf
    You bend your will, folding the Veil Extant itself to allow yourself to pass a plate of cooked
    lobster tails through to Mili.
  • I want a plate of lobster tails :(

• I'm kinda hoping all these factional leaders names get used in future upcoming skirmishes. For example the High warden enemies you to the forest, you exterm, hits forest defenses. Kinda wish that could happen for all the other ones similarly could expand on there roles for future conflict.

On a side note, kinda jelly on each of the factions getting to select who they can excommunicate or not. Understand forests are different but damn city dwellers need to learn too :p
    I've been wondering when the Factional bug is going to bite Cyrene, and if so what that would look like. Seem as if Cyrene is the only non-factional based city-state left, aside from Hashan which has it's whole Darkness thing.

• Probably when Cyrene actually does something that warrants getting anything factional-related.

Disappearing from Achaea for now. See you, space cowboy.

smileyface#8048 if you wanna chat.

• Saonji said:
    Probably when Cyrene actually does something that warrants getting anything factional-related.

Yeah, I mean that's the goal. It's going to take more than showing up at Crusades/raiding back/fighting raids, but that's definitely where it starts.

I get why people are impatient/excited about the prospect too- every other city gets some shiny new toy, or neat thing going on, and we got...our rooms back. Cyrene got the absolute shortest end of the dev stick when it was originally released, a place for people to basically not worry about playing the game- we're still paying for that original theme, even after the Ren, and it's something I definitely hope we find a way to escape.

I expect to wait at least a real-life year before anything really manifests- that's just based on the speed at which things have been changing so far (which does seem to be increasing, at least), and having a rough guess at how much further stuff has to go before Cyrene has an identity beyond 'we show up to fight more than most other cities'.