What Happened To You Today?

Comments

• edited July 2020
    I mean Cyrene was literally handed a huge event. Neraeos tried hard as well. Instead of actually doing anything about it, Cyrene decided to cry en masse about how much everything sucked. Not to mention more than a handful threatening to quit playing over it. Then when the event was over, y'all went back to doing exactly the same thing you were doing prior to the event.

Honestly shouldn't be surprised at getting the "short end of the dev stick" when you treat major events that way.

Disappearing from Achaea for now. See you, space cowboy.

smileyface#8048 if you wanna chat.

• Saonji said:
    I mean Cyrene was literally handed a huge event. Neraeos tried hard as well. Instead of actually doing anything about it, Cyrene decided to cry en masse about how much everything sucked. Not to mention more than a handful threatening to quit playing over it. Then when the event was over, y'all went back to doing exactly the same thing you were doing prior to the event.

Honestly shouldn't be surprised at getting the "short end of the dev stick" when you treat major events that way.

Short end of the dev stick on creation, not current events. The org was a place for people who didn't want to participate in conflict to go, when it was originally created, and I think the org's issues trace directly back to that long-standing tradition and inertia. Neraeos was great until he vanished- and most of those who did threaten to quit playing over it (at least on the forums) did, and I'm pretty glad for it too. Phaestus and Pandora have been pretty great too, showing up occasionally to nudge things along, it certainly wasn't my intention to say anything negative about the way things currently are. Just, our Ren didn't really change the core flaw keeping Cyrene from mattering, and having to dig up the foundation is a long, painful process.

Cyrene purged someone who had been in charge for 200+ IG years as Imperiate (and longer on Senate), Cyrene is able to raid*, we were at the Crusade over and over despite being outgunned by Mhaldor, we were non-trivial in the Reckoning (look at all the tears about two cities). It's going to take a long, long time to get where we're going once we even get that figured out- but man it would be nice to get a huge alt influx because we got a neat toy and all of a sudden matter on the world stage like some cities have in the past.

For Archaeon, because I know I wrote more than three sentences: lol city advice from Ashtan?

*Some restrictions may apply.
  • ArchaeonArchaeon Ur mums house lol
    lol    
  • Saonji said:

I was thinking about a more detailed response to this, but instead I'll just say this: just about everything in this post is dead wrong to a hilarious degree.

With that being said, I see the current lack of a factional class as a chance to lay the roleplay groundwork that would make one feel like a proper part of the city alongside with the structural groundwork that would make the admin feel like one is necessary. People point to "having a factional class" as if it's a huge achievement unto itself, but I think that one is a lot more valuable when it can be used to expand the roleplay of a city in interesting directions.

This game has plenty of examples of how having a factional class hardly means the work of building an interesting city and faction is over. At its best, a new class can aide in that sort of development, just like how occultism, devotion, and necromancy (for example) have deep roleplay and lore ties with their respective cities. But for that, we need more than just fighting and some sort of factional objective - we need to lay the rp groundwork that would let a new class really become a part of the city's identity.
  • I dont have anything to say about the actual argument, but Cyrene crusading was fun, and you should do it more, @Kog.
  • Kog said:
    Reyson said:
    I dont have anything to say about the actual argument, but Cyrene crusading was fun, and you should do it more, @Kog.
    We showed up to fight the TSOL'TETH supporters and then only Mhaldor was up there/attacked us so it was just confused screaming and charging again and again after that.

I'm pretty proud of my suicide squad, pretty sure we never had any kind of numbers advantage but they all kept coming back with me.
    We did roll in deep but tbh when I got first targeted by the Cyrenian Zerg I pee'd a little.

Jumpy said:
    The membership is already such a good deal that there is no way we can reduce the cost. 

• GOOD OL' TARG coming to raid. Defense on Ashtan was...not the best but we tried <3 Got people to say not to fight back Targ HA HA..but it was amusing to say the least. Almost defected. 
  • Kog said:
    Reyson said:
    I dont have anything to say about the actual argument, but Cyrene crusading was fun, and you should do it more, @Kog.
    We showed up to fight the TSOL'TETH supporters and then only Mhaldor was up there/attacked us so it was just confused screaming and charging again and again after that.

I'm pretty proud of my suicide squad, pretty sure we never had any kind of numbers advantage but they all kept coming back with me.
    You try getting Prof to not hit something, sometime :(
  • Soles said:
    GOOD OL' TARG coming to raid. Defense on Ashtan was...not the best but we tried <3 Got people to say not to fight back Targ HA HA..but it was amusing to say the least. Almost defected. 

That raid wasn't meant to be fair, nor could it. Whenever you hit stationaries, if you have a top tier defender it is extremely difficult to make any headway. You guys took it like champs, and fought back where you could. I was relieved. I didn't really feel like killing a lot of guards, I just had to make a point. (I.E. special room detonation vs killing 50 guards). 

You can always defect to Targ though BB. I'll train u and Rhobin hood. 
    The Divine voice of Twilight echoes in your head, "See that it is. I espy a tithe of potential in your mortal soul, Astarod Blackstone. Let us hope that it flourishes and does not falter as so many do."

Aegis, God of War says, "You are dismissed from My demense, Astarod. Go forth and fight well. Bleed fiercely, and climb the purpose you have sought to chase for."
  • My line of thinking has changed a little bit about factions -- I've said before that not every city, including Hashan, needs to be a faction. I still stand by this, but I'd like to edit my formal stance on the matter to be that we really should stop thinking about the city in terms of factions and think about it more in terms of ideology. Does each city serve a purpose? Is it unique and distinct from the other cities? Does it offer a different enough take on the game than you could get from the other cities?

By that metric, Cyrene is largely fine. There are some weird policies and procedures that seem like vestigial holdovers from the 'neutral good' era (not being able to pickpocket players? what?) but from what I've seen and heard, it's growing into its own, slowly but surely. Besides, 'faction' usually means 'roleplay intensive and ideologically militant' and there needs to be an outlet for non-militant gameplay. At the rate everyone is racing toward the F-word, I think that is one of the things Achaea would stand to lose, if the playerbase had its way.
    Saeva said:
    If Mathonwy is 2006 I wish 2007 had never come.
    Xenomorph said:
    heh. Mathowned.
    Message #12872 Sent by Jurixe
    4/16/0:41
    MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF.
  • Astarod said:
    Soles said:
    GOOD OL' TARG coming to raid. Defense on Ashtan was...not the best but we tried <3 Got people to say not to fight back Targ HA HA..but it was amusing to say the least. Almost defected. 

That raid wasn't meant to be fair, nor could it. Whenever you hit stationaries, if you have a top tier defender it is extremely difficult to make any headway. You guys took it like champs, and fought back where you could. I was relieved. I didn't really feel like killing a lot of guards, I just had to make a point. (I.E. special room detonation vs killing 50 guards). 

You can always defect to Targ though BB. I'll train u and Rhobin hood. 
    Your temptation is so strong oof <3 haha
  • On the receiving end of a 10+ man deliverance bomb from @Dalran. Well played, sir. Well played. :)
  • Doriel, Zealot of Maleficence (male Dwarf).

He is 58 years old, having been born on the 18th of Glacian, 776 years after the fall of the

Seleucarian Empire.

He has given up the adventuring life.

Was fun playing with you for like two weeks before you went dormant @Doriel. Hope you enjoy wherever you're going now.

Jumpy said:
    The membership is already such a good deal that there is no way we can reduce the cost. 

• I've literally said that to myself and a few OOC friends a few times as of late. 'This is a game, why is this being done'. Player retention used to be a thing? Now it's either go dormant or be bullied. Not sure where that switch-over happened and it being okay with the Divine.
  • JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.
    I am guilty of having acted like that in the past. To make a long story short, I thought that I was the absolute shit. I thought that I was one of the greats and that people just hadn't hit my level of greatness yet.

I am ashamed to admit that it took me more than a decade of playing to realize that such wasn't the case. That I was just a run-of-the-mill asshat with a streak of persistence. So while it may not make the people you are referring to change, I am sorry that you have or had to deal with people like me.
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
  • Jonathin said:
    I am guilty of having acted like that in the past. To make a long story short, I thought that I was the absolute shit. I thought that I was one of the greats and that people just hadn't hit my level of greatness yet.

I am ashamed to admit that it took me more than a decade of playing to realize that such wasn't the case. That I was just a run-of-the-mill asshat with a streak of persistence. So while it may not make the people you are referring to change, I am sorry that you have or had to deal with people like me.
    @Silas, is that you?
    The Divine voice of Twilight echoes in your head, "See that it is. I espy a tithe of potential in your mortal soul, Astarod Blackstone. Let us hope that it flourishes and does not falter as so many do."

Aegis, God of War says, "You are dismissed from My demense, Astarod. Go forth and fight well. Bleed fiercely, and climb the purpose you have sought to chase for."
  • Reincarnated into Satyr, the best race.
  • ~ Said by nobody, in the history of ever.

Disappearing from Achaea for now. See you, space cowboy.

smileyface#8048 if you wanna chat.

• Lii said:
    I rarely post. I rarely give a damn enough about IC stuff to bring it OOC or to troll or whatever people here do. However, I've always attempted to do whatever I could to be fair and impartial. That being said...there is some shit that has begun to stink to high heaven and down to hell.

When a leader can do whatever they damned well please, treat others how they please, and get pat on the head like a good boy because they are the almighty themselves...that's shit. When people cannot even do shit but either go dormant, be dogs to be treated however their supposed 'master' who isn't even Divine wish...that's shit. When people can go crying to their fecking mammies IC because they cannot handle being a fucking leader and instead have to throw their weight around because they are in a fucking position instead of actually being a leader....that's shit.

I've played Achaea for a few years. I'm not an oldby like some of you guys are. Hell, I'm not even an oldby like many are. However, I've learned a shitton about what it means to be a leader and what it means to be the reason why Achaea loses players. Those who know what I'm talking about...feck off.
    The last several attempts to come back have proved difficult for this reason. Always a new leader, new whoever dictating evermore complex roleplay and house requirements that are just nauseating for someone who can't play 10 hours a day like I used to. Someone greeted me today and I nearly panicked because I didn't want to be dragged into starting the new quest line from hell to rank up, so to speak, within the house. I miss guilds. Hell, I miss the original house that my guild became. I lost my rank and all that to the new house and the sheer ton of news and dormant/new people to rediscover is so much that I can't even bring myself to catch up. I stayed away too long, I guess. I like bashing, and I miss Wulfen cutting peoples' heads off for evil Thanksgiving. 

• Van said:
    Lii said:
    I rarely post. I rarely give a damn enough about IC stuff to bring it OOC or to troll or whatever people here do. However, I've always attempted to do whatever I could to be fair and impartial. That being said...there is some shit that has begun to stink to high heaven and down to hell.

When a leader can do whatever they damned well please, treat others how they please, and get pat on the head like a good boy because they are the almighty themselves...that's shit. When people cannot even do shit but either go dormant, be dogs to be treated however their supposed 'master' who isn't even Divine wish...that's shit. When people can go crying to their fecking mammies IC because they cannot handle being a fucking leader and instead have to throw their weight around because they are in a fucking position instead of actually being a leader....that's shit.

I've played Achaea for a few years. I'm not an oldby like some of you guys are. Hell, I'm not even an oldby like many are. However, I've learned a shitton about what it means to be a leader and what it means to be the reason why Achaea loses players. Those who know what I'm talking about...feck off.
    The last several attempts to come back have proved difficult for this reason. Always a new leader, new whoever dictating evermore complex roleplay and house requirements that are just nauseating for someone who can't play 10 hours a day like I used to. Someone greeted me today and I nearly panicked because I didn't want to be dragged into starting the new quest line from hell to rank up, so to speak, within the house. I miss guilds. Hell, I miss the original house that my guild became. I lost my rank and all that to the new house and the sheer ton of news and dormant/new people to rediscover is so much that I can't even bring myself to catch up. I stayed away too long, I guess. I like bashing, and I miss Wulfen cutting peoples' heads off for evil Thanksgiving. 
    Beware the Van....

• It's okay. We avenged your death.