What Happened To You Today?

Comments

• Ysela said:
    Meriet said:
    Well, after prepping hard for the Pieranotzu fight and whapping a ton of rats... I whapped one too many after being told 'you have to kill a ton to make him appear', and got thrown out for being level 21. Whoopsy.
    I... I think it might be a bit counter intuitive to have to kill a ton of something for something to appear, but also have those first somethings be worth a fair bit of XP, and also thirdly have the area level locked even if you're already inside it?
    That actually peeves me a bit! But I'm sure there'll be other fun quests to do on my adventure. Live and learn! :tongue:

Double XP might be throwing the normal pacing off a bit.

Not sure how XP loss works at those levels, or if the mechanics for access to the newbie areas and/or newbie quests prevents it, but you might be able to circumvent it through dying a couple of times to drop down a level. Romeo or Juliet might know.

This is an all-too-frequent problem even with normal experience gain, and has been since the Black Warren was released. You -have- to be a low enough level when you start it, especially if you try and solo it, or else it's simply impossible to complete.

You do lose experience at those levels, and presuming you haven't embraced, you can go back in and do it if you die a handful of times. I've had a few Cyrenian novices do just that, though I loath having to recommend it.

This issue, and the issue where tasks break if you change citizenship during them, really should have been addressed years ago. I know I'm not the only one who's tried to suggest it.

• I think Black Warrens should be a 21+ quest, like a capstone for novicehood. Have a series of tasks that give you some kind of minor buff in there, only do-able while you're in newbie areas. You can have your Rocky training montage, then the admin can tinker with scaling dungeons for unartefacted, low-level characters for more stuff like the fragment hunting grounds. Lets you neatly side-step the "I bashed too hard now I can't do it" issue while giving some hooks to get newbies in?

Plus, honestly, I'd love to be able to collect the honors line since it came out waaaaaay after I left newbie status (if only in level).
  • edited April 2020
    Unless it's been fixed in just the last few months, there's an issue where changing citizenship during the Greatrock task chain completely borks it. Your task will change so that you're pointed to working with your new companions, but your new companions and your old companions won't recognise you. Usually happens right around the "Rejoin Your Companions" task. In Cyrene, we just have to point novices to skipping straight to house induction, since it makes it impossible to continue on to city tasks, to my understanding (or is there some level where they would get those anyways?).

This has been an issue for some years, and I last saw it relatively recently, so I think that it's still there. Though if it's been fixed, I'm super glad to hear that.

Either way, very, very happy to see the Black Warren fixed up to prevent -that- issue from cropping up again, and thank you for addressing it!

Edit: oh, actually, another thought, @Phaestus . Does the experience you gain after kick in when you leave the warren itself, or when when the Pieranotzu corpse is turned in to Rhilas and the quest is completed? Because you do have to complete the quest itself in Lodi, as well.

• Spent time testing to see if I could wield dagger, attune, wield shield, reap, etc, all at once without it slowing me down. Changed a bunchve aliases and triggers to accommodate this.

"Oh you don't need to wield dagger to attune, just for the rest of the dagger stuff."

Common sense has gotten in my way more often than anything else while learning combat... :(
  • You tell Crixos in Mhaldorian, "I want to see the big lizard."

Crixos tells you in Mhaldorian, "Do you want to die to it."

You thoughtfully tell Crixos in Mhaldorian, "Maybe."

You see Crixos wheel and dive earthwards, alighting easily on the ground far below.
    You follow Crixos back to the earth.
    Undulating prairie.

Torrid Rakia, the magma wyvern spreads her wings and flaps them vigorously, sending waves of foetid wind to buffet you violently.
    Your shield completely absorbs the damage.

Torrid Rakia, the magma wyvern whirls around in a wide circle, the barbs of her tail slamming Tesha to the ground.

Crixos tells you in Mhaldorian, "Look."

Cloaked in the acrid, eye-searing stench of fire-borne death, the guardian magma wyvern is an atrocious monster. Her huge form is armoured in smoke-stained titan scaling, the thick hide displaying heavily muscled legs, and thinning across her cavern-stunted, but functional wingspan. Threatening flesh with more than a roasting, each of Rakia's limbs terminates in an armoury of claws, and in the case of her tail, barbs; like her teeth, these are grievously keen, and wickedly serrated. From above a slightly snubbed snout, the draconic female eyes her surroundings with a haughty and dangerous gleam in her ember pupils.
    Torrid Rakia, the magma wyvern almost glows with nearly god-like power.
    She has 50% health remaining.
    She weighs about 1218 pounds.

You happily tell Crixos in Mhaldorian, "Pretty."

Your words quietly thrum through the air as you say, "I should like her scales as a souvenir."

Crixos nods his head emphatically.
    Crixos tells you in Mhaldorian, "Ready to be offered up to her as a morsel?"

You tell Crixos in Mhaldorian, "Yes!"

[MANY DEATHS LATER]

Crixos tells you in Mhaldorian, "A morsel."

You happily tell Crixos in Mhaldorian, "She hits hard."

Torrid Rakia, the magma wyvern roars out her triumph as she mantles her wings over the scorched and rent corpse of Ada.

Your words quietly thrum through the air as you say, "Again!"

Crixos tells you in Mhaldorian, "Go."
    Torrid Rakia kicks up a monstrous stench as she settles her wings and makes her way to the in.

Your surroundings shatter into a cloud of glowing stars which dissipate to leave you back where you began.

Tesha moves her huge bulk to the in with surprising grace.

(Party): You say, "Come."

Torrid Rakia, the magma wyvern roars out her triumph as she mantles her wings over the scorched and rent corpse of Veldrin.
    Torrid Rakia, the magma wyvern roars out her triumph as she mantles her wings over the scorched and rent corpse of Aegoth.
    Torrid Rakia, the magma wyvern roars out her triumph as she mantles her wings over the scorched and rent corpse of Halos.
    Torrid Rakia, the magma wyvern roars out her triumph as she mantles her wings over the scorched and rent corpse of Halos.

You feel a tug at your earring as its mate is summoned.
    Akri's eyes uncloud as a wunjo rune heals her blindness.
    Ethereal bonds flash forth to bind Akri as her gaze falls upon a nairat rune.
    Akri's eyes close suddenly as she falls asleep.
    Ellryn's eyes uncloud as a wunjo rune heals her blindness.
    Ethereal bonds flash forth to bind Ellryn as her gaze falls upon a nairat rune.
    Ellryn's eyes close suddenly as she falls asleep.
    Akri and Ellryn arrive, following Crixos from the ether.
    Crixos's eyes uncloud as a wunjo rune heals his blindness.
    Ethereal bonds flash forth to bind Crixos as his gaze falls upon a nairat rune.
    Crixos's eyes close suddenly as he falls asleep.
    @Crixos leaps majestically to the in.

(Party): Crixos says, "Rakia has 0% health remaining."
    You cheer wildly!
    You cheer wildly!
    You cheer wildly!

Crixos attempts to stifle his amusement but cannot help laughing aloud.

You give Crixos a wild cheer!

(Party): Avicene says, "Nice shot."

Crixos doubles over in laughter, wiping the tears from his eyes.

You pat Crixos in a friendly manner.

Reaching down with a massive hand, Sartan lifts your head and draws a taloned finger across your throat, the wound closing as He does so.

• Kerrigan said:
    Mizik faints and drops to the floor as the last vestiges of his strength are drained away.
    You have slain Mizik. [SLAIN] Mizik
    Mizik leaves to the ether.
    You look around triumphantly and realise you are the last one standing. You have WON the game of Rampage.
    The spectator stands of the Colosseum Diabolus. (indoors)

I won my first rampage!

With Mizik as its gatekeeper no less!

@Mizik getting dangerously close to being a has been like me!

• edited April 2020
    Depthswalker + Darkshade is terrifying!

I really should learn about Depthswalker.

Props to @Kerrigan for helping me with what I didn't understand.

• Oh gosh, was it something I wrote?

"Something" being newly defined as "a recitation of facts."

Maybe I should put this in quotes instead.

Anyway - once again I want to express the hope that everybody is staying safe and healthy and taking all necessary and possible precautions to stay that way.

Prythe
    Channeling her inner Deborah

- To love another person is to see the face of G/d
    - Let me get my hat and my knife
    - It's your apple, take a bite
    - Don't dream it ... be it

• ArchaeonArchaeon Ur mums house lol
    Its because you insulted the divine of a theocracy lol.  Nice forum rp tho, might get you some pity points. 
  • Archaeon said:
    Its because you insulted the divine of a theocracy lol.  Nice forum rp tho, might get you some pity points. 
    LOL! If you think I am looking for sympathy you read my tone totally wrong.

I started laughing when I saw the message, and I still have a smile on my face. Did you think I didn't know that there would be some IC/IG response to my post?

I don't RP in forums.

I don't need to.

[I notice that some .... well ... some do! That too always makes me smile]

Its very obvious you're salty and looking for validation
  • Archaeon said:
    No u
  • Prythe said:
    Archaeon said:
    LOL! If you think I am looking for sympathy you read my tone totally wrong.

I started laughing when I saw the message, and I still have a smile on my face. Did you think I didn't know that there would be some IC/IG response to my post?

I don't RP in forums.

I don't need to.

[I notice that some .... well ... some do! That too always makes me smile]
    You brought it here, lol.
  • I read it more as 'oh look, how cute. They think I care. lol' and nowhere near 'oh, I don't feel like addressing this IG, so I'll take it to the forums', but then again, written work vs. spoken and all.
    edited April 2020
    Bann said:
    Archaeon said:

Can you please shut the fuck up? The rest of us are trying to laugh over here and you're ruining it with the slobbery suckling coming from your mouth.
    Lol

Edit: hey @Bann aren't you in the military clan in achaea? I would have thought you'd come up with something a bit less neckbeardy and more insulting than that garbage. Stolen valour.
  • Argwin said:
    I read it more as 'oh look, how cute. They think I care. lol' and nowhere near 'oh, I don't feel like addressing this IG, so I'll take it to the forums', but then again, written work vs. spoken and all.
    Heh. It's almost as if you've met me. 

I tend not to get into back and forth in any forums. I'm too old, and have been down that road far too many times, in farm too many places, to think it is productive.

I'm amused.

I shared my amusement.

Appreciation to those who get that.

• edited April 2020
    Archaeon said:

I would have thought you'd come up with something a bit less neckbeardy and more insulting than that garbage.

Neckbeard?  WTF you have against the Amish bro?

Oh the slang version.  I took you literal for a minute :D  I was like "THEY DONT EVEN USE COMPUTERS"

• Caelan said:
    Archaeon said:

I would have thought you'd come up with something a bit less neckbeardy and more insulting than that garbage.

Oh the slang version.  I took you literal for a minute :D  I was like "THEY DONT EVEN USE COMPUTERS"

I'm expecting to hear an "Okay Boomer" fairly soon.

• Prythe said:
    Caelan said:
    Archaeon said:

Whatever, Boomer.

• Caelan said:
    Prythe said:
    Caelan said:
    Archaeon said:

Whatever, Boomer.
    At least he didn't call anyone a K*ren.
  • Kog said:
    Caelan said:
    Prythe said:
    Caelan said:
    Archaeon said:

Whatever, Boomer.
    At least he didn't call anyone a K*ren.

Practically as bad as a Ch*d...

• Gold. Goddamn millenials.  Ohhh too far?

• Caelan said:
    Gold. Goddamn millenials.  Ohhh too far?