What Happened To You Today?

Comments

• Sobriquet said:
    Me: I really want one of those Maya Figurines as I enjoy hunting
    Bank Account: Really? C'mon, that can't be worth it.
    Me: https://ada-young.com/pastebin/yJeV-MWI

those are some pretty fabulous WSCs

• Emiya cocks back her arm and throws an Axe of Gaian Fury at your right leg.
    You parry the attack with a deft manoeuvre.
    Lightning-quick, you flick your blade out in riposte.
    You cock back your arm and throw a slim-bladed rapier of dull grey steel at Emiya.
    Emiya quickly jumps back, avoiding the attack.
    Emiya's many serpentine heads lunge towards your right leg.
    They seize your right leg with a bonecrunching grip!
    You parry the attack with a deft manoeuvre.

Gotta love weird interactions that use weaponry instead of your actual swashbuckling skill (thus making you miss a crapton).
  • Much like Sobriquet, Auri has been waiting for like, a year or two, to find Maya Legs.. I got some globes had some pieces, went all in.

You refine 1 arachnidcolour pieces, 1 lodestoneleft pieces, 1 lodestoneright pieces, and 2
    lodestonebase pieces...
    You've been awarded with a level 1 figurinelegs talisman piece!
    You just received message #97 from Achaea.

Better to be lucky than good.

• Kraken means being stuck in a little playpen, though I've broken that, repeatedly. Welcome the Leviathan to the fray!

https://ada-young.com/pastebin/2TVQCKvE
  • Academician Armali
    She dueled and defeated the leader of the Conclave, Yudhishthira.
  • edited May 2020
    Academician Armali, Dragonslayer
    She did slay the dragon of Polyargos, Yudhishthira.
  • I'd like to say that human Yudhishthira was a really fun and fair fight, and dragon Yudhishthira was a colossal jerk.
  • Time remaining:     11 minutes and 37 seconds.
    Members:            Nephiny

With the completion of your adventure, you feel your renown grow to new heights! (You gain 1000
    Renown.)
    Borgron's death is a mighty victory for the Intrepid, and all who have suffered from his reign of
    terror. Your foray is complete!

Horald better look out, he's next. I really do wish there was a leader board for these things though, as OOC as that might be. I love stuff like this.
  • RANKINGS FORAYS.
  • Sothantos said:
    RANKINGS FORAYS.

Neat! Thanks.
  • AchillesAchilles Los Angeles
    Initially got 117 off a foray but then promptly lost it 5 minutes later.

Part Two:

You rip into the Leviathan with your massive, deadly claws.
    You have scored a WORLD-SHATTERING CRITICAL hit!!!
    You have slain the Leviathan, retrieving the corpse.
    Your soul cries out in ecstasy as it reaches new heights of power. You have advanced to level 117.
    You have reached the illustrious level of 3rd Sphere of Transcendence.
  • edited May 2020
    Drinking homebrew while designing homebrew :smile:

• Did a lot of adventuring and exploring today! Got to level 93, did a LOT of Air Coterie quests / got to Fanatical (though lots is still confusing me), got to rank 143 of explorers, and some wedding planning. Frantic frantic frantic! Lots to do! Aiming to hit both Air Lord and Dragon before I turn 21. Wish me luck!
  • edited May 2020
    The heat withdraws from your mind, yet with its departure you now feel a great wave of fire coursing through your body. Pulsing, flowing, raging in a rapacious quest to consume, to burn, to scorch, to sear, to BLAZE.

By the will of Kkractle, you are raised to the rank of Commander in the Legion of Flame. The powers of the Fire Lord are yours to command.
    PREVAIL to assume your form, and FORSAKE FIRE to return to normality.
    A great roar of triumph echoes across the landscape of the Fire Plane as Saonji is bestowed a tithe of Kkractle's power.

Thanks @Entaro for valiantly dying a bunch, to help me get past Brarra, without even having to ask... Only for someone else to do the volcano, and reset it before I could figure out the final part...

Thanks to @Zachariel for helping me kill the finals mobs for Brurra, and giving me arties/mind empathy to get through the final mob... Also distracting me during the final ceremony and making the volcano kill us both. That was amusing if nothing else.

Thoughts:
    1) I can't believe it's been nearly 23 years, and Achaea's the only one that still has the god awful ruling of not being allowed to share quest information. Especially when it's been a pretty big complaint from players for a good portion of that time. If we're gonna keep that rule, can we please stop making horrid quests that utilise horrid syntax.

2) Going off the above. There are certain quests that have rather clear information one what the denizen expects you to do, with 'proper' quest information detailed in the QUEST LOG... There are others that... Don't even remotely do that. At all. Some syntax is so horribly obscure and doesn't even make sense. Some of the 'harder' quests have maybe 2 lines of information in QUEST LOG that don't give any indication at all, nor does the denizen, on what you're actually meant to do.

3) The trials were oddly easier than most of the others. Not a complaint; they were fun to figure out. Despite two of them also having awful syntax, with 0 clues.

4) Aigra is fucking annoying. Get out of the way you stupid ass wyrm. Fingers of Kkractle are equally annoying.

5) People being able to reset your entire progress on a volcano is a shitty mechanic. I get that it ties in with the lore of the Fire Plane and how it all works. Doesn't make it any less shitty.

6) I can see why people are more willing to spend hundreds of credits to change their 'normal' class than go through the awfulness of changing their Elemental class. I would, too, if I had a surplus of credits to throw around. I sure as hell aren't changing from Fire. The entire tree is awful to traverse.

7) Why the fuck do quests give piss all renown? Even ones that are actually hard... Needing to farm a bunch of greater elementals, then only getting 16 renown for it. Needing to kill a painful boss mob, and only getting 8 renown... Yet completing a foray that takes 2 minutes gives 1000. Who even thought of these values?

8) ...I'm just gonna stop there. While I certainly have more thoughts, they only get increasingly negative. I love the concept of these classes, as a means to bridge the gap... Getting them, not so much. I'd rather just bash to Dragon if I had to go back through it again.

Disappearing from Achaea for now. See you, space cowboy.

smileyface#8048 if you wanna chat.

• Channeling the fury of battle, you prepare to unleash a brutally swift stroke against your foe.
    Drawing back a curved sword of shifting shadows, you unleash a flesh-mincing blow at a gigantic sea
    spider.
    You have scored a CRUSHING CRITICAL hit!
    You have slain a gigantic sea spider, retrieving the corpse.
    Your soul cries out in ecstasy as it reaches new heights of power. You have advanced to level 121.
    You have reached the illustrious level of 3rd Degree of Supramortal Existence.

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • You have completed the Moghedan Genocide resolution! Congratulations!
    You just received message #56 from Achaea.
    You just received a group of 10 mementoes!

Yay for genocide I guess??? I mean, yay for free mementoes at least! :lol:
  • Meriet said:
    You have completed the Moghedan Genocide resolution! Congratulations!
    You just received message #56 from Achaea.
    You just received a group of 10 mementoes!

Yay for genocide I guess??? I mean, yay for free mementoes at least! :lol:
    Well... that explains how you got to 95 so quick. Good job on the mementos!
  • You have risen to a new rank in the Fellowship of Explorers!

Adrik           a Worldwalker

Thanks to @Armali , I managed to figure out the hellscape that is Nur. Maybe.

Plz no more bully.

Also massive thanks to everyone who has been assisting!
  • Not today, but a summary of May.

Stepped down as Hierophant.
    Stopped playing. (mostly)

Best two weeks for a while, not having to deal with the crackhead bullshit that's leadership in general. 

Watching with veiled amusement through my phone and logs as I witness the greatness that happens, even answered a few questions in messages.  Otherwise, fuck it.

Oh, and when you tell everyone your leaving, suddenly shop sales go through the roof.  I should log in and collect my gold there before I forget again.

I'm sure I'll be back, but new job, plagues, and a general lack of caring has definitely made this a great idea.  

See ya when I see ya, achaea folks!
  • ArchaeonArchaeon Ur mums house lol
    good riddance, don't let the door hit you on the way out. 
    tldr  
  • edited May 2020
    God you two, get a room already. It is getting steamy with all that foreplay.

@Milabar it has been interesting seeing leadership already starting to crack and splinter under the true weight of the REAL obligations of leadership.  Sucks because I was cheering for you (knowing I wouldnt be..). But yeah breaks can be amazing. 

• That kind of language isn't cool, Mila. You can not like someone, but rule 1 is pretty clear!

Game is small enough and there's enough going on in the world. Don't want or need to spread that kind of toxicity. :(
  • I'm kind of shocked it is still up...I had a post that was extremely mild in comparison and it was edited and I was given a warning in like five minutes. Admin hate Archaeon too?
  • Just because you don't agree with his forum RP doesn't make it bad RP.
    Admin love me