What Happened To You Today?

Comments

• Kinilan said:
    Czanthria cheats.
    No she is just smart as hell.  She got me from rank 200 to now rank 18. Helped me find places that blew my mind that were there. The is a reason shes rank 1 in Achaea.  
  • Kriex said:
    Kinilan said:
    Czanthria cheats.
    No she is just smart as hell.  She got me from rank 200 to now rank 18. Helped me find places that blew my mind that were there. The is a reason shes rank 1 in Achaea.  
    Because Penwize is unranked?

• Czanthria is Penwize

• I don't know what happened, but it did and I'm confused.
  • I hope to never see another lever in my life.

@Ictinus

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • edited March 2020
    Atalkez said:
    I hope to never see another lever in my life.

@Ictinus
    Sorry, but I'd laugh myself silly if Ictinus made  it so that every room you enter - only you - you had to pull a lever in the direction you want to go, but a random number of times between 1 and 100. Just for a day (of being logged in). That kind of cheekiness is why, despite the bitching, I love the admin/coders of this game. The random fuckery they do with players can be hilarious.

See also: @Halos post in the Itinerant Bazaar thread. LOL.

• So.

Today I learned how to summon Kemnast.

...Ow.
  • Wrote a new iterator for my mapper to find rooms sorted by distance. Included it in some script. Tested the script. Mudlet froze up and for more than 10 minutes I just twiddled my thumbs and kept hoping it was just a rather long loop that would eventually terminate, because I wasn't sure if I had saved my profile after all that coding and didn't want to force-quit Mudlet.

Well, eventually I gave in and force-quit anyways. Turns out I had saved the profile, so all's good! But I learned the hard way never to test any sort of loop without adding a counter to terminate after 10000 steps or so.
  • A large, prismatic Wheel of Fortune slows down to a halt, rewarding you with Experience Gain.
    5019[    ], 3516(100%), 100%, 100% exkdb 72.5%(+8.0)-[S][3](01:00:57.131)
    A distant song wafts past your ears; a perfect melody that enchants and captivates. You close your eyes for a
    moment to savour the Orphean serenade. When it finally ends, you open your eyes and regretfully return to 
    surroundings mundane in comparison.
    5019[    ], 3516(100%), 100%, 100% exkdb 72.5%-[S][3](01:01:01.893) 

Whew! Close call! Almost missed a day's spin there!
  • I really wish the experience gain spins scaled at least A LITTLE BIT with level, so that those above 100 or so didn't only get like... 0.0001% of their level from it. Even 0.05%, an occasionally noticeable bump, would be better than nothing at all - which feels even worse than having missed the wheel.
  • Tried helping in Defending Ashtan from Mhalatards. Lots of death but fun never the less. 
  • MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    Soles said:
    Tried helping in Defending Ashtan from Mhalatards. Lots of death but fun never the less. 

And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • I would also accept Mhalderps and Mhaldturds. 
  • JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.
    Today, I was laid off from work (voluntary) and stopped by to say hello to everyone.

Hello!
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
  • UtianimaUtianima Norway and Austria
    Sobriquet said:
    Mhalaise?
    Mhaldonalds...

... Trump?

I'll walk myself out 😁

• ArchaeonArchaeon Ur mums house lol
    looks like us UK boys just got a lot more Achaea time. 
  • edited March 2020
    I got a new friend.
    Done! A frisky goat kid will now be named 'Maaaaaaaax.'
    B...because... When goats bleat they go 'maaaah'... no?

Anyway. I love him. He is my favourite scruffy bean and I will protect him forever.

Update: He has been screamed at by Silas and Tesha already. Confirmed bulliers of baby goats. :(<3
  • Is this the new Mudflower? How does goat taste?
  • If you eat Max, I will be very very very very sad in your general direction. Please treat little goat with respect.
  • Goat stew is a thing, I think.

Jumpy said:
    The membership is already such a good deal that there is no way we can reduce the cost. 

• :( Why must you be like this. Ma8x is a good boy.
  • AchillesAchilles Los Angeles
    goat curry is delicious, one of my favorite dishes at Indian buffets.

• Naoko said:
    Cyrene raided! Cyrene raided! I got to raid! Woooo!!
    I totally wish I'd have stayed at work longer so I wouldn't have gotten pulled into the defense. Would love for yall to have been able to blow that tank to encourage more raids in the future.
  • Dalran said:
    Naoko said:
    Cyrene raided! Cyrene raided! I got to raid! Woooo!!
    I totally wish I'd have stayed at work longer so I wouldn't have gotten pulled into the defense. Would love for yall to have been able to blow that tank to encourage more raids in the future.
    Cyrene'll get there!