What Happened To You Today?

Comments

• edited December 2019
    Atalkez said:
    Another good fight ruined by a guy that just can’t fight without moving guards. It’s okay to take a loss sometimes.
    This is a pretty hypocritical thing to say, with how often Mhaldor moves guards, imo. The only city I think we've raided anytime recently without guards being moved is actually Cyrene (while I've been around).

I think the worst thing about guards is they make it so it's impossible to raid without having a group X amount better than the defending group, which in turn necessitates guard use by the defense. I'm not really sure how that could be changed without just taking away most of the advantage to begin with and, thus, leaving cities more open to being dogpiled during off hours, though.
  • Farrah said:
    Atalkez said:
    Another good fight ruined by a guy that just can’t fight without moving guards. It’s okay to take a loss sometimes.
    This is a pretty hypocritical thing to say, with how often Mhaldor moves guards, imo.
    How so? I’ve yet to see guards moved in an even fight, and you should know I’m more than happy to fight without them. This instance there was no reason to other than to hit the win button that they are in small group comps.

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • For what it's worth, the three times I was with Cyrene when they raided Mhaldor, guards got called, and twice guards were moved then called. I also see a good many guard deaths when people raid Mhaldor.

...I don't know how to move guards and at this point I'm too afraid to ask.
  • Kog said:
    If only more people were like you.
  • I honestly don't care either way either offensively or defensively, but for what it's worth I've definitely had Mhaldor move guards on me + Vinzent + Micaelis where the defense could've wiped us without.

• People raid to have fun. People then defend to have fun. Because one sides definition of fun is different to the others, they then go to great lengths to make sure that fun isn't part of it until the other side are beaten into submission, because it was their fault that the fun didn't match up in the first place.  It's been going on 20yrs and will never change.

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • I want the power to move guards :(
  • Kog said:
    For what it's worth, the three times I was with Cyrene when they raided Mhaldor, guards got called, and twice guards were moved then called. I also see a good many guard deaths when people raid Mhaldor.

You should ask that Security Minister of yours, I hear he knows his stuff =)

• edited December 2019
    Honestly I kinda wish there were more ways to stop guards aside from Magi or Earth Elementals. Also a ways to help stop massive guard bashing on off hours when no one is around.
  • I didn't meant to start a discussion on guards but while we're on the topic, I think making changes to the way stationing constables are channeled would help a lot (making the channel more interruptable).
    spread positivity
  • edited December 2019
    I think more ways for guards to be versatile in large group comp versus small group comp could be useful and fun.

Don't know if it would be possible, but a scaling strength depending on city enemies in area versus soldiers. System checks every so many seconds/minutes and adjusts guard strength (maybe on the same ticks as weakness from font?). That way if there are relative numbers, guards are mostly annoying and do very little damage, but if the defenders are heavily outnumbered, guards are at their current strength to help balance the 8v2 or 10v4 situations.

I mean there already scale checks in other locations, like forays and certain honors mobs. Why not apply the logic to more places where numbers can be variable?

I know it would not be perfect. Do you check for ALL online Army or just those in the city at the time? Is there accounting for mainland versus off continent? How do you prevent a city from evacuating 90%, moving guards in, earrings in after tick and troll raid group? All valid concerns. Just an idea!
  • edited December 2019
    I thought using guards was a way to tell the other side OOCly "we don't want to fight right now"

Edit: same with worldburn
  • If that was the case, and people obliged, there would be essentially no raiding in this game.
  • That was an exceedingly awesome party with a whole lotta firsts, include my first attempt at doing ach music and a really cool duet with @Lyndee for Silver Bells! (I was on bells).

Just the right amount of drunkenness, really weird running jokes, and lots of hard work from @Martien and the other aides to pull this together! I look forward to many more amazing times!! =)
    "Oh! What a joy to be alive!" - The Pygmies, right before we slaughtered 'em.
  • SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
    I missed all the parties because I had to go to a toddler's party >>

• Skye said:
    I missed all the parties because I had to go to a toddler's party >>
    Is this a humble brag?
  • Kairula said:
    That was an exceedingly awesome party with a whole lotta firsts, include my first attempt at doing ach music and a really cool duet with @Lyndee for Silver Bells! (I was on bells).

Just the right amount of drunkenness, really weird running jokes, and lots of hard work from @Martien and the other aides to pull this together! I look forward to many more amazing times!! =)
    Me: half-dead

As of 1/17/20.
  • Ererean said:
    Kairula said:
    That was an exceedingly awesome party with a whole lotta firsts, include my first attempt at doing ach music and a really cool duet with @Lyndee for Silver Bells! (I was on bells).

Me: half-dead
    Me: Only a quarter dead??
    "Oh! What a joy to be alive!" - The Pygmies, right before we slaughtered 'em.
  • Thanks to the wonderful generosity of Curtis and the excellent work of the people that made it, I got the raffle scrapper I've been waiting on~

a wry spectral feline

Yellow eyes alert, a spectral feline slinks about nearby

Wisps of ephemeral translucence compose the lean body of this feline, the clarity of his spectral form wavering in and out turn by turn. Shreds of insubstantial mist limn the creature in wafting tendrils of bone-white vapour, his extremities rendered hazy and indistinct by the ghostly shroud clinging to his phantasmal limbs. Luminous yellow eyes hang suspended within the contours of an eerily disembodied visage, a rather smug expression and wryly twitching whiskers the spirit's only constant amidst the endless fluctuation of myriad features dispersing and coalescing from one moment to the next. As incorporeal as the rest of his form and held aloft in regal agitation, the ethereal shadow of his tail sways languidly behind him, the air disturbed not at all by the indolent motion.

• A small native boy bends over and picks up a jade elemental staff.
    I see no "staff" to take.
    You greet a small native boy with a sincere smile.

:'(

As of 1/17/20.
  • Good thing Archaeon didn't get involved in that little "discussion."
    targ peeps know

As of 1/17/20.
  • That discussion did not merit quotation marks. :( Theological debate is healthy. Mostly. In this case. Nobody got executed chastised in a stern but peaceful manner.

(Clan): Ictinus says, "Stop it Jiraishin, you're making me like you."
  • Lord @Sartan, You and I have a strange problem.

Three times now I literally dreamed of having an alt in Your city. Problem is, in my dreams everyone avoids each other 100% and Mhaldor looks like a strange mixture of Berk from HTTYD and the HQ from Monster Hunter: World. At least, that was the latest dream. In the first one it looked like a friggin mini-Hashan with one street. Oh wait, a bit more like Solitude from Skyrim. Yes, perfect. The second one I don't even remember anymore. In these weird Mhaldor dreams when people aren't giving each other the cold shoulder they're partying like it's the end of the world.

I don't know anymore. These dreams are weird and won't stop.