What Happened To You Today?

Comments

• Raising a hand, you reach out and seize all of the fundamental threads that compose Ismay, and violently twist them.
    Without word or fanfare the body of Ismay breaks apart into bright motes of light, their ephemeral substance fading away as soon as they form.
    You have completed the bounty filed by the City of Ashtan, and have received 1 credits.
    You just received message #28006 from Achaea.
    You have slain Ismay.
    Your soul cries out in ecstasy as it reaches new heights of power. You have advanced to level 157.
    You have reached the illustrious level of 77th step to Divinity.
    A starburst tattoo flares and bathes Ismay in red light.

Picking on @Ismay, gained another level finally!  Does anyone know why I keep doing this? I sure don't, but that ain't gonna stop me.

• You open a fancy stocking and find a scintillating gem of the Stars, an elegant diamond vial, and a
    group of 18 pieces of rope inside!

You open a fancy stocking and find a scintillating gem of the Road, an ornately carved ivory pipe,
    and a group of 17 wood commodities inside!

You open a fancy stocking and find a scintillating gem of the Wastelands, an elegant diamond vial,
    and a group of 11 wood commodities inside!

You open a fancy stocking and find a scintillating gem of the Beach, an ornately carved ivory pipe,
    and 1 racetrack tickets inside!

You open a fancy stocking and find 2 mayan crowns, a scintillating gem of the Polar, and 1 racetrack
    tickets inside!

[OOC]: The big stocking prize has been claimed!
    You open a fancy stocking and find 1 mayan crown, a scintillating gem of the Beach, an Armband of
    Celerity, 2 racetrack tickets, a group of 14 steel bars, and a group of 20 wood commodities inside!

You open a fancy stocking and find a handful of sparkling snow, a scintillating gem of the
    Grasslands, and 1 racetrack tickets inside!

You open a fancy stocking and find a decorated sleeve, a scintillating gem of the Earthen, and 2
    racetrack tickets inside!

You open a fancy stocking and find 2 mayan crowns, a scintillating gem of the Sewer, and a group of
    12 wood commodities inside!

You open a fancy stocking and find 2 mayan crowns, a scintillating gem of the Mountains, and 1
    racetrack tickets inside!
  • @Adrik
    The wood is the real victory right there

• My catgirl character was given a box.
  • My interest in the game started up again, I stopped playing after moving to Ashtan. I felt like it wasn’t for me but didn’t want to leave another city. 

Turns out it wasn’t them, I left Cyrene years ago now when all of my friends retired or disappeared. I had some people around but those deep ties were lost, so I joined Hashan and then left and joined Ashtan after being rogue. I felt like Aziik had no story left and just stopped popping in.

Then I read posts by @Jurixe, one on running events and one for helping with RP via Discord. I realized I’m just bad at involving myself, I end up feeling too quiet, or loud or uninteresting. But those are all things I can fix through practice and just letting go, reading through the posts focused on event so make sure me want to try and participate. Here’s to hoping I can do that in Ashtan, and to finding a story to tell.

• JurixeJurixe Where you least expect it
    I'm glad to hear those posts are useful. While a character's story can indeed very much be over, I think it's definitely worth giving it a shot if you feel there might still be room for them to grow.

If you haven't already, feel free to check out the Discord. It's a little quiet at the moment because of the holiday period, but you're always welcome to ask questions or start up discussions!
    If you like my stories, you can find them here:
    Stories by Jurixe and Stories by Jurixe 2 

Interested in joining a Discord about Achaean RP? Want to comment on RP topics or have RP questions? Check the Achaean RP Resource out here: https://discord.gg/Vbb9Zfs

• I was jumped by Ironbeard after @Glathna ate a freaking child.
  • Phaide said:
    I was jumped by Ironbeard after @Glathna ate a freaking child.
    What in the world

As of 1/17/20.
  • When you go and wanna have a lil skirmish and Ironbeard shows up in the middle. I am starting to think it's the fight he loves.
  • Had a decent day w Eleusis working on our enemies.  Died a few times, still ended up positive.  We took a ritual to Mhaldor, dropped some shrines, raided Hashan, repelled some incursions from Hashani.  Just a busy time and was pretty fun.

Thanks Eleusis crew. (And @Astarod)

• A dream horror writhes in agony as acidic spittle eats away at his skin.
    You have scored an ANNIHILATINGLY POWERFUL CRITICAL hit!
    You have slain a dream horror, retrieving the corpse.
    A wisp of dark smoke quickly escapes from a dream horror, dispersing into the air.
    Your soul cries out in ecstasy as it reaches new heights of power. You have advanced to level 109.
    You have reached the illustrious level of 3rd Stratum of Puissance.
    A large pile of sovereigns spills from the corpse.
  • edited December 2019
    I tried to help @Rackham and @Jocindi with getting a wedding officiate in the form of Dagon at the Fire and Spice in Ashtan. Dagon was pretty rude to me right out of the gates, which was fair, I maintained composure and tried different negotiations. But then he kept being rude and less compelled to even hear me out at all, and long story short, he brought the real out of me from my usual happy-go-lucky. I was ready to kill a City loyal before he snitched on CT.

Longer story short, he then, after a bit of time, hired a bouncer that now auto-tosses me out whenever I go in the bar. This goes through phase and every other form of movement that I have.

I'm in the process of filling out a form to give to Archonate to fight this mofo denizen.

It was 10/10 the most fun I've had in a while with a denizen interacting, but I lowkey feel like it was a Divine just being mean for the sake of being mean/disinterest. Not entirely sure, I don't marriage, just assumed anyone could say some nonsense words and then a background noise could make the actual marriage completion.
  • For the first time ever I have killed more people than have killed me. Sniping is fun.
  • Accipiter said:
    For the first time ever I have killed more people than have killed me. Sniping is fun.
    The making of a terrorist.
  • Another good fight ruined by a guy that just can’t fight without moving guards. It’s okay to take a loss sometimes.

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • Atalkez said:
    Another good fight ruined by a guy that just can’t fight without moving guards. It’s okay to take a loss sometimes.
    We got ousted like, just before without 'em too. Ah well, it's no big deal really. Annoying, ya, but deffo would like more options to counter guards, but don't want anything sudden and drastic that makes it so if you get raided by 3x you can't do anything because guards are severely nerfed. Not entirely sure how to approach such a balancing act other than rewarding any side that doesn't use any city guard commands during a sanction I suppose.
  • Had fun playing with @Crixos and a couple of others while standing around at the bazaar. Managed to hypno him to walk onto guards once which was fun, got killed by an instakill I have no excuse for, and proved that sniping by myself doesn't kill people yet again.
  • Minifie said:
    Atalkez said:
    Another good fight ruined by a guy that just can’t fight without moving guards. It’s okay to take a loss sometimes.
    We got ousted like, just before without 'em too. Ah well, it's no big deal really. Annoying, ya, but deffo would like more options to counter guards, but don't want anything sudden and drastic that makes it so if you get raided by 3x you can't do anything because guards are severely nerfed. Not entirely sure how to approach such a balancing act other than rewarding any side that doesn't use any city guard commands during a sanction I suppose.
    You do get rewarded with experience if you can manage kills. The fact this matters to few people seems like a balance issue with PvP in general to me personally. 
  • Clearly you haven't tried to kill guards if you think the xp from killing them is worth it  B)
    Deucalion says, "Torinn is quite nice."
  • Defenders get experience from killing raiders, I mean. At least I'm pretty sure they do?
  • Kriex said:
    Got to try out the order dragon form and deathsights tonight. Well worth the wait for everything that Kriex has been put through lately. Even getting MoW in Cyrene to top it off. Has been a great month so far. Shoutouts to Cyrene for accepting me and to @Eril and @Phaestus for making him apart of the Family. Happiness is a total understatement right now!!!!!!
    Happy to have ya dude!  You earned it!
  • @Lenn yes they do, you're correct
    Deucalion says, "Torinn is quite nice."
  • I don't think guards can be balanced. I'd rather them be on the strong side if I had to choose.
  • Does anyone else remember the old guards? The ones with city-wide abilities to mind crush you in 3 hits from wherever?  I mean....  the sheer amount of guard bashing going on shows they are pretty balanced if you put it in perspective.

• Caelan said:
    Does anyone else remember the old guards? The ones with city-wide abilities to mind crush you in 3 hits from wherever?  I mean....  the sheer amount of guard bashing going on shows they are pretty balanced if you put it in perspective.

Also remember the old 100 guard stack in a single room that would still get bashed by a big raid? Guards have been all over the place power-level wise. This is probably the most balanced they have ever been and it's still not perfect.
  • Vakvyr said:
    Caelan said:
    Does anyone else remember the old guards? The ones with city-wide abilities to mind crush you in 3 hits from wherever?  I mean....  the sheer amount of guard bashing going on shows they are pretty balanced if you put it in perspective.

Also remember the old 100 guard stack in a single room that would still get bashed by a big raid? Guards have been all over the place power-level wise. This is probably the most balanced they have ever been and it's still not perfect.
    Caelan - crush guards were tankable and hit you anywhere, archers hit you outside and those would wreck most people very quickly.

Defenses stacked in a different way during the "100 guards in a room" time.

It was possible, in the most extreme conditions, to be able to solo those groups of guards by walking in, hitting until you're low, then walking out.

Infernal with fullplate, putrefaction (pre nerf), weathering, toughness from bliss, earth shield, runes (pre nerf algiz), and a truefavour made people pretty much Gods vs. physical damage.

I did a test once, had 5 people DSLing me (no venoms), with two looping impale/dsb, and it only required sipping health to cure.

Those were fun but incredibly unbalanced days.