What Happened To You Today?

Comments

• I had uh... like six "token of the Smith" in my inventory yesterday while playing a while til the wife woke up. As soon as she woke up and we got the ball rolling on all the Crimmuss stuff, I kinda just let Timeout take me out. Didn't really get on anymore yesterday. Logged on this morning and I don't have the tokens anymore. Did they fall out of my inventory on timeout? Was whatever they were for resolved? 
  • Archaeon said:
    can ya'll not be shitty on this thread.
    The answer apparently is a resounding "no"
  • SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
    Got a visit from Ironbeard. Second one this month. The first one was like, a very sad handful of gold... this time...

A pocketbelt is holding:
    24 red ink
    59 green ink
    48 blue ink
    57 blue ink
    89 wood
    40 purple ink

Guess he must be making up for the deficit O_o No complaints here!

• Skye said:
    Got a visit from Ironbeard. Second one this month. The first one was like, a very sad handful of gold... this time...

A pocketbelt is holding:
    24 red ink
    59 green ink
    48 blue ink
    57 blue ink
    89 wood
    40 purple ink

Guess he must be making up for the deficit O_o No complaints here!

I got one, nowhere near that level of wood or inks, but still a good haul! 
  • Cobault said:
    I had uh... like six "token of the Smith" in my inventory yesterday while playing a while til the wife woke up. As soon as she woke up and we got the ball rolling on all the Crimmuss stuff, I kinda just let Timeout take me out. Didn't really get on anymore yesterday. Logged on this morning and I don't have the tokens anymore. Did they fall out of my inventory on timeout? Was whatever they were for resolved? 
    The latter. 

(Clan): Ictinus says, "Stop it Jiraishin, you're making me like you."
  • "an intricately carved miniature harp" 

Was definitely the coolest thing to happen to Oz this Logosmas, and absolutely unexpected. Pandora is the best.
  • Ozmatiah said:
    "an intricately carved miniature harp" 

Was definitely the coolest thing to happen to Oz this Logosmas, and absolutely unexpected. Pandora is the best.
    gonna show us the full descrip?
  • edited December 2019
    Got absolutely chunked by Eleusis, tried to jump oz, got chunked again, tried to bring mhaldorians. . . Got rode like a cheap doxy house worker. I shouldn't have starbursted before one of those, but I tried to do shenanigans alone, I am just not that good :(.
  • Jinsun said:
    Ozmatiah said:

The beautiful argent wood of a choreal palm curves gracefully to form the frame of this tiny harp.
    Utilising every inch of available space, musical notation forms a decorative motif along the sides 
    of the instrument, carved with exacting care. Dozens of taut strings run along the inside while a 
    comparatively large, shining gem the colour of blood crowns the front pillar.

And it also does things that are more appropriate for in game, but still, awesome.

*happydance*

• Ozmatiah said:
    Jinsun said:
    Ozmatiah said:

The beautiful argent wood of a choreal palm curves gracefully to form the frame of this tiny harp.
    Utilising every inch of available space, musical notation forms a decorative motif along the sides 
    of the instrument, carved with exacting care. Dozens of taut strings run along the inside while a 
    comparatively large, shining gem the colour of blood crowns the front pillar.

And it also does things that are more appropriate for in game, but still, awesome.

*happydance*

Badass! Congrats!
  • Minifie said:
    Got absolutely chunked by Eleusis, tried to jump oz, got chunked again, tried to bring mhaldorians. . . Got rode like a cheap doxy house worker. I shouldn't have starbursted before one of those, but I tried to do shenanigans alone, I am just not that good :(.
    I ran out of essence. Shrine wars suck for me now. Logging out until i have essence to chunk you again!
  • You have been slain by Vastar.

I laughed at this way to hard and the reason for it is really amusing, I guess I never knew VAST autocompletes to Vastar on the serverside when you screw up an ability.  But before I knew that was my error I tried to protest IC and this was the result.

You begin to wield an Azatlani Headdress of the Eagles in your left hand. There is no exit in that direction, I'm afraid.
    You hurl an Azatlani Headdress of the Eagles out.
    You close the door leading out.

-----time travel 8 seconds------
    An Azatlani Headdress of the Eagles has returned to your inventory.

I'm dying over here, literally and figuratively!

• edited December 2019

2642h|3501|20700e|12261w|cexdb111|21:37:45.280-
    An earthen elementalist leaps toward you, whirling her quarterstaff through the air and crashing the wood into your face with a sickening 'crack.' Your vision blurs, and you stumble unsteadily upon your feet.
    An earthen elementalist leaps toward you, whirling her quarterstaff through the air and crashing the wood into your face with a sickening 'crack.' Your vision blurs, and you stumble unsteadily upon your feet.
    You have been slain by an earthen elementalist.
    (svof): Your max health decreased by 221h/5% to 5092.
    0h|3501|20700e|12261w|ex111|21:37:45.303-(-2642h, 51.9%)

Oh. Well that hurt.

Jumpy said:
    The membership is already such a good deal that there is no way we can reduce the cost. 

• Iaxus said:

Oh. Well that hurt.
    Those are rookie numbers :)
  • Iaxus said:

Oh. Well that hurt.
    Wait till you meet stationary guards. They are a whole lot of love!
  • Watching World Juniors

Canada vs Russia...currently the artists formerly known as Team Canada.  4-0 in essentially one period, cringeworthy.
  • gross.
  • ArchaeonArchaeon Ur mums house lol
    Big changes
  • Submitted my very first cooking recipe! ...And then noticed I used the wrong prefix on a word moments later. Well, time to wait for it to be sent back to me!

Also, using a restricted diet is difficult but wonderfully fun to write recipes for.
  • ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    edited December 2019
    Ygia said:
    Submitted my very first cooking recipe! ...And then noticed I used the wrong prefix on a word moments later. Well, time to wait for it to be sent back to me!

Also, using a restricted diet is difficult but wonderfully fun to write recipes for.
    You can go to the crafting union, do DESIGN LIST on the appropriate place, and then DESIGN CANCEL# to get it back before they review it.

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• edited December 2019
    You can do DESIGN CANCEL to get it back early.

Dang, I was four minutes slow.
  • edited December 2019
    Shirszae said:
    Ygia said:
    Submitted my very first cooking recipe! ...And then noticed I used the wrong prefix on a word moments later. Well, time to wait for it to be sent back to me!

You can go to the crafting union, do DESIGN LIST on the appropriate place, and then DESIGN CANCEL# to get it back before they review it.
    YOOOO!
    Thank you!!! <3 Fixed up now and I can sleep knowing "zygodactyllic" has been rectified to "zygodactylous". (...it was the swiftest way to convey the imagery - either that or "two talons at the front, two at the back, and the back talons are closer together" which... took up a fair bit more space.)
    All is right in the world and I feel like less of an idiot.  :lol:
  • I found out that girding a ship against seamonsters is temporary and only lasts 30 minutes...so...if you were planning on hunting seadragons for your cutters...just give up on that right now.
  • You have recovered balance on all limbs. 3.03s
    Channeling the fury of battle, you prepare to unleash a brutally swift stroke against your foe.
    Drawing back a blackened war blade, you unleash a flesh-mincing blow at an elite mhun keeper.
    You have scored a WORLD-SHATTERING CRITICAL hit!!!
    You have slain an elite mhun keeper, retrieving the corpse.
    Your soul cries out in ecstasy as it reaches new heights of power. You have advanced to level 126.
    You have reached the illustrious level of 9th Level of Penwizian Fortitude.
    Numerous golden sovereigns spill from the corpse, flying into your hands before they can reach the ground.
    You feel a surge of energy course through your body as a sycophantic shoulder cape feeds upon the lifeforce of your fallen foe.
  • You hurl yourself forwards through the air, and sure enough a swirling vortex
    of colours springs into existence to swallow you.
    A Shornwall defender gives you the once-over, eyeing you suspiciously.
    A Shornwall defender stares implacably at you.
    The wormhole spits you out at the other end.

Our guards hang out inside wormholes, and they're giving me suspicious looks?!

(Clan): Ictinus says, "Stop it Jiraishin, you're making me like you."
  • Jiraishin said:
    You hurl yourself forwards through the air, and sure enough a swirling vortex

Yes
  • Jiraishin said:
    You hurl yourself forwards through the air, and sure enough a swirling vortex

Our guards take security very seriously. Have to protect the wormholes too.
  • Today, after many days spent trying to figure out how to catch a fly, I finally figured out the correct action and finished a quest that has been annoying me for a while now!

I have a feeling this quest was supposed to be a lot easier than I made it out to be. Whoever thought of three very different ways to put bugs in jars should be thumped! 
  • edited January 2020
    Quests are hard to balance.

Some are so obscure that it's hard to believe they have ever been completed without outside help/hints.

I usually ask other players for "no spoiler" hints if I need help. I needed a specific type of lime once, searched every IC and OOC document I had access to and just couldn't find it. Skye eventually gave me a very small hint that pointed me in the right direction and I was able to finish it from there.

On the other hand I'm pretty sure I demanded Elemental Lord answers from two specific people that were very helpful (no names in case they don't wanna be recognized for that), and I felt OK with that because I feel no one in the game could have completed everything without hints from admin. All the info you need IS out there, but some is very obscure; the new commands for quests were almost impossible to guess as well.

It can actually be pretty fun talking to other people about quests, don't be afraid to ask for help!