What Happened To You Today?

Comments

• With the help of @Kaburia 's design skill and ability to make furniture because I can't, we placed the first of a number of furniture we planned to put in the city library. So proud of her designs.
    Just so we're clear, I'm a girl.
  • edited October 2019
    Cooper said:
    Farrah said:
    How am I the one ganking? Ashtan smashed me with a 5-8 person team. One of those people was out wandering alone so I went after them. Then Ashtan smashed me again. It's expected, yes. I don't keep doing the same thing and expect it not to happen again. But the idea that I'm the ganker for hunting gankers is literally ridiculous.

And I'm obviously not hunting randoms. I'm hunting the people who 8v1ed me. If one of them happens to be lvl 85, it doesn't really change anything. He's also not remotely the only one treated that way. I went after every single Ashtani who had ganked me who left Ashtan, including Ryzan, Trendric, and Penwize. Every one resulted in a massive dogpile gank again (again, as expected).

But like... Lol at me being a ganker. I'm only challenging the presentation of the facts here. Not complaining.

Austere said:
    Farrah said:
    Austere said:
    I love that me phrasing "jumping a level 85 unartied Ashtani with 2 artied Hashani, one of which has staff" as a gank is the sticking point here. Nicely done. 

This never happened... Mezghar only joined in once Ashtan started doing so so it wasn't remotely us vs one Ashtani. It was us vs 5-8. If the fact that I have staff means retaliating for 5-8v1s and getting 5-8v1ed more somehow makes me a ganker, I am just lost in this extremely circular logic. :(

Staff is not so good it takes 5 people to fairly fight me.
    "That never happened, until it did". Again, I love that this is a sticking point for my argument against "timezone abuse".

You are acting like we 2v1ed though when we never did. It was already 2v5 at least by the time he joined. We never just 2v1 ganked someone. He had backup.

Just a heads up, this is 100% the same thing Proficy has done in the past that you condemned him over. Specifically him getting ganked, retaliating by 1v1 ganking everyone who ganked him, and then getting further ganked in return. You had a massive problem with him doing that back then (to the point of encouraging people to issue him), what changed to make that okay for you to do now?

I'm not sure where you get your information. I don't recall ever encouraging people to issue Proficy, though he's issued me several times himself. I don't really want to derail this thread more by responding to this but it's a bizarre thing to say about me (I have always been pretty anti-issuing).

• Adrik said:
    You stare implacably at @Elon.
    Elon shuffles his feet uneasily.
    You stare implacably at Farrah.
    You say with a Jaruvian accent, "This isn't.. unexpected but."
    You say with a Jaruvian accent, "What did he do this time."
    Mezghar takes some salve from a vial and rubs it on his skin.
    Mezghar gives Elon the once over.
    Elon croaks to Farrah, "You have to kiss me."
    Elon croaks, "Or I will be a toad for forever."
    You begin a Minuet in measured, precise tones, aimed at Farrah.
    You have gained the complete trust of your victim.
    @Farrah kisses Elon passionately.
    You have lost the trust of your victim, at least for now.

You tilt your head to one side, rub your chin, and thoughtfully declare "Hrm."
    Elon smiles softly.
    You feel an aura of rebounding surround you.
    You say with a Jaruvian accent, "Didn't work."
    You give a pained sigh.
    Elon croaks, "It's okay. She can try again."
    You say with a Jaruvian accent, "Must not be true love."
    Elon croaks, "I do not mind."
    Elon gives you a pained sigh.
    You smirk.
    Mezghar says in a measured, basso voice, "I am not kissing him."
    You say with a Jaruvian accent, "But, really though."
    Farrah says, "Did you just -force- me to kiss someone?"
    You say with a Jaruvian accent, "What did you do this time."
    Farrah glares angrily at you.
    You stare implacably at Farrah.
    You say with a Jaruvian accent, "Yes."
    Elon croaks, "That's probably why."
    Elon frowns at you.
    You say with a Jaruvian accent, "Your husband is a toad."
    You say with a Jaruvian accent, "Will you take him for all his faults."
    Farrah glares angrily at you.
    You whisper with a Jaruvian accent, "I tried to save Elon."
    A look of relief crosses a warty toad's face as the enchantment wears off and he transforms back
    into Elon.
    You say with a Jaruvian accent, "Now.. I uh."
    You say with a Jaruvian accent, "Must.. save myself."
    Elon says, "I am saved anyway."
    Elon gives Farrah a peck on the cheek.
    "Amok! Amok! Amok!" you scream as you run in circles frantically.

[FLEE]

Within a glass pavilion. (indoors)
    Placed in preparatory memoriam, implacable chiselwork marks this gravestone "CHARLIUS". A square
    display case sits atop a wooden pedestal. A runic totem is planted solidly in the ground. A 
    spherical lamp hangs here, glowing with a soft, radiant light. Its flat surface displaying countless 
    runes, a mirror-like servitor hovers nearby. A shimmering orb lies here, illuminating the 
    surrounding area with a slight glow. There are 2 glamours of Ashtan, the Seat of Chaos here. 
    Suspended betwixt the realm of life and death, a spectre of the Shadow Court keeps vigil over the 
    location. There are 2 mounted tsalmaveths here. Darkness enshrouds the glamour of Hashan that hovers 
    here. Broken and pockmarked, a diamond lies here.
    You see a single exit leading out.

A horrifying feeling fills you from the inside, but it lasts for only a moment before you explode
    into a million gory bits.
    You have been slain by a throng of pixie children.
    A piece from a talisman of custody vibrates fiercely as Farrah absorbs the shock of your death.
    Your starburst tattoo flares as the world is momentarily tinted red.
    A ginger root falls out of your inventory.
    A goldenseal root falls out of your inventory.
    A bloodroot leaf falls out of your inventory.
    A lobelia seed falls out of your inventory.
    A black cohosh root falls out of your inventory.
    Some irid moss falls out of your inventory.
    A hawthorn berry falls out of your inventory.
    A piece of kelp falls out of your inventory.
    A ginseng root falls out of your inventory.
    A kola nut falls out of your inventory.
    A skullcap flower falls out of your inventory.
    You have been slain by a throng of pixie children.
    A piece from a talisman of custody vibrates fiercely as Farrah absorbs the shock of your death.

43) You told Farrah: .. OW.

The world dissolves into a whirl of colours. As your sight returns, so does sensation; you have been restored to life.
    You wince in pain.
    You give a piece from a talisman of custody to Farrah.
    Farrah says, "What are you two -doing-?"

44) You told Pandora: That.. mostly just hurt Farrah.
    45) You told Pandora: Okay, I'll accept the beating now.

You say to Farrah with a Jaruvian accent, "Kill me."
    Farrah raises an eyebrow questioningly.

46) Pandora told You: Didn't you just?
    47) You told Pandora: I didn't lose the experience, she did. I don't consider that truly getting the
    stuffin beaten out of me. Though, I guess I could let her kill me.
    48) Pandora told You: ...are you a masochist?
    49) You told Pandora: ...I don't know what that words means. So yes.

You say to Farrah with a Jaruvian accent, "What's a Masochist."
    You say with a Jaruvian accent, ".. Anyone..?"
    You crease your brow in a frown.
    Elon says, "Someone who enjoys dueling a jester."
    You tilt your head to one side, rub your chin, and thoughtfully declare "Hrm."
    You say with a Jaruvian accent, "That's. Odd."
    Elon nods his head in agreement.
    You say with a Jaruvian accent, "Pandora asked if I was one."
    Elon says, "Are you?"
    You say with a Jaruvian accent, "I don't like fighting jesters."
    Farrah's eyes sparkle with amusement.

50) You told Pandora: Elon told me that a masochist is someone who enjoys dueling jesters. I do not like dueling Jesters.

Made my day.
    A force kiss of Farrah, last time someone slapped Farrahs butt hell broke loose on Hashan. You all like playing with fire dont you.
  • Sobriquet said:

As for what happened to me today, after 15yrs of playing I did an Order thing. A thing most people do all the time, but not me, and I did it! Unfortunately, I don't trust it not to get IG, so itll stay as an IT for now. 
    S'ok, we figured it out. This could be fun!
  • Was a fun night all-around with Akrile, the War Priest showing up to watch a duel at NoNT and the Nemesian Vanguard announcing a sort of re-branding and cool new event for everyone in the city!
  • Morthif said:
    Sobriquet said:

As for what happened to me today, after 15yrs of playing I did an Order thing. A thing most people do all the time, but not me, and I did it! Unfortunately, I don't trust it not to get IG, so itll stay as an IT for now. 
    S'ok, we figured it out. This could be fun!
    Wouldn't be the first time you've taken something from here and used it against me IG, doubt it'll be the last, so why stop now?

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • Leave Sobby alone. Just because you are jealous of how pretty he is IRL is no reason to make his IC time harsh, he is actually quite ugly IC.
  • Accipiter said:
    Leave Sobby alone. Just because you are jealous of how pretty he is IRL is no reason to make his IC time harsh, he is actually quite ugly IC.
    I thought you said you were helping... :P

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • Wow what a mess, I hope this topic ends soon. I have family as well, and play at work at a fire station so I have to leave quick sometimes. I try to find in game reasons to not join in stuff and whenever I feel like I can I think it's purely up tome and not to someone monitoring my awakeness. I totally support cities showing solidarity, where would you stand without it? If your city is there when you need them, great! If no one is there I have to face what's coming at me alone, and that's cool cause you can grow. It's not fun if you can't play because a group runs after you the whole time, but then again some people are out asking for it. I think going after everyone who hits me once extremely retarded, yes PK laws allow it, but part of sticking in character is not getting sour and putting out of games emotion for experience loss into something that sparks pointless ranting on the forums.
  • You should suffer consequences for your actions.

But I shouldn't, just you.
  • edited October 2019
    Eleven Rings (Pale Bone Chest):

- A Giant Severed Finger [not able to have another key made from this alone?]
    - 36-37K gold

Eleven Rings (Steel Strongchest):

- 200,000 gold

well shoot... what?

Is the finger an artefact? Or is the bottom of the ocean giving me the finger?

Honestly scared to test with Casov because if it -is- super important, he will take it and I can't pickpocket it back from him.

The Divine voice of Twilight echoes in your head, "See that it is. I espy a tithe of potential in your mortal soul, Astarod Blackstone. Let us hope that it flourishes and does not falter as so many do."

Aegis, God of War says, "You are dismissed from My demense, Astarod. Go forth and fight well. Bleed fiercely, and climb the purpose you have sought to chase for."
  • Jesus Christ with all this pissing and moaning.

When just the Aegeans (smallest active order at the time) went against Twilight, they brought all of Hashan into it.
    When said Aegeans were non existent in the realms, a certain two people from Hashan regularly demolished all Aegean shrines.

This was hailed as "a good strategy" for the war by Hashan.  By Asmodron even!  Egads, the horrors of hypocrisy.

For God's sakes, don't cry now that the same tactics are being used against you.  I get a lot of you weren't in Hashan or didn't take part, but you have to face the repercussions of your leaders past and present.

And yeah, I wasted many a damn night waiting for more than two or three Aegeans to be around to go on a raid of Hashan.  They all log in late as hell and it doesn't just suck for those being raided. 

tl;dr
    Welcome to this phase of the cycle.  Get a straw, suck it up.  There are no innocents here.

• Caelan said:
    Jesus Christ with all this pissing and moaning.

When just the Aegeans (smallest active order at the time) went against Twilight, they brought all of Hashan into it.
    When said Aegeans were non existent in the realms, a certain two people from Hashan regularly demolished all Aegean shrines.

This was hailed as "a good strategy" for the war by Hashan.  By Asmodron even!  Egads, the horrors of hypocrisy.

For God's sakes, don't cry now that the same tactics are being used against you.  I get a lot of you weren't in Hashan or didn't take part, but you have to face the repercussions of your leaders past and present.

And yeah, I wasted many a damn night waiting for more than two or three Aegeans to be around to go on a raid of Hashan.  They all log in late as hell and it doesn't just suck for those being raided. 

tl;dr
    Welcome to this phase of the cycle.  Get a straw, suck it up.  There are no innocents here.
    Hi. We took this discussion to The Less Aggressive Menace, because everyone seems worried that this thread will get locked if people keep ranting in here about this, so like. Want a link? https://forums.achaea.com/discussion/2640/the-less-aggressive-menace#latest

• yeah yeah.. I didn't realize it was 4 other pages.  Hell..

• In the wee hours of the GMT today, I got my coat of arms finally! Woo! Now I can get a signet ring and a taper of eternity and seal letters all fancy and stuff.
  • c'est la vie, mon ami B)
  • Caelan said:
    Jesus Christ with all this pissing and moaning.

tl;dr

Caelan said:
    yeah yeah.. I didn't realize it was 4 other pages.  Hell..

It's like I dont even need to try. You do so well at it..
  • uhhh...ok?

• Sphera found out that apparently Lady Pandora does not like snuggly sheep rubbing up against people's legs in front of her. Context will be provided if asked for, but don't expect it to make a lick of sense.
  • You hear a high-pitched screaming noise and instantly a bolt of red, crackling energy strikes your mortal body. Your back arches as pain explodes in your brain. Crimson fire erupts through your eye sockets and mouth as you die in unspeakable agony.
    You have been slain by Twilight.
    Name                                Location                                    
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    the Rageblade                       Held by Rovalamm
    You leap upon a monstrous crystal spider and sink your fangs into his throat before leaping away, blood gushing from the horrific wound.
    You have scored a PLANE-RAZING CRITICAL hit!
    You have slain a monstrous crystal spider, retrieving the corpse.
    Your soul cries out in ecstasy as it reaches new heights of power. You have advanced to level 156.
    You have reached the illustrious level of 78th step to Divinity.

Today was a weird day.
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    Poor Penwize, they cannot keep you from Godhood eventually 
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• I heard that when you hit level 157, you turn into Celani!
  • They told him he gets to be a God at 200. I bet level 199 is gonna be rough.

• Is that where the special condition comes into play for someone being allowed to choose Lupus as their Divine? You wanna be the God of the Hunt? You gotta hunt your way there.