What Happened To You Today?

Comments

• Well, in the wee hours of my today, I watched a group of Ashtan raiders entirely loot Hashan's novice chest save for like, a few pieces of fruit.

(This was during the logged raid.) I usually only ICly get really bothered about this, but this was just a new low.
    Just so we're clear, I'm a girl.
  • Tashar said:
    Well, in the wee hours of my today, I watched a group of Ashtan raiders entirely loot Hashan's novice chest save for like, a few pieces of fruit.

(This was during the logged raid.) I usually only ICly get really bothered about this, but this was just a new low.
    That is a real low, sheesh Ashtan. Spare the newbies the pain, will ya?
    Isn't it anime to scream "Ashaxei" every damn time you want to dramatically become a giant flying lizard?
  • edited October 2019
    Austere said:
    Im not gonna touch most of this. I don't generally feel the need to explain my availability in such a public fashion, but I'll give the timezone issue a whirl, since it was brought up by a few different people, in large part who have no business questioning when I can devote time and when I cannot. 

I have kids.  Full stop.  My priorities are very well sorted, and on the nights I'm actually able to login before midnight eastern, I am consistently interrupted by my family.  Juice refills, multiple tuck ins, bathroom runs, book readings, ect. Im sure everyone that's been tracking my logins so well can attest to me being on a ship or island, just trying to round up some gold, for the majority of this time. If something is going on that I can contribute to while retaining my ability to walk away, I will(see last night's defense of Tysel and Trendric being ganked).

If anyone has problems with me placing my kids over my playtime, you can feel free to retain your opinion. I assure you, I don't value the thoughts of people that don't understand that family>all of you.

I like how you call 8v1ing me repeatedly gank defense. I am my own gank squad (sometimes 2 I guess when Mez came to try to help against the horde).

You can see how your constant ganking of the other team could lead them to believe you are available enough to raid though...

Just checked discord deathsight for curiosity's sake. I died 18 times last night and got one kill, which was a 1v6 radiation bomb yolo. I was on the receiving end of dogpiles all night. You guys outnumber me. I get it. It's fine. But don't call me the ganker. I was trying to solo jump tons and constantly being ganked.
  • edited October 2019
    Farrah said:
    Austere said:
    Im not gonna touch most of this. I don't generally feel the need to explain my availability in such a public fashion, but I'll give the timezone issue a whirl, since it was brought up by a few different people, in large part who have no business questioning when I can devote time and when I cannot. 

I have kids.  Full stop.  My priorities are very well sorted, and on the nights I'm actually able to login before midnight eastern, I am consistently interrupted by my family.  Juice refills, multiple tuck ins, bathroom runs, book readings, ect. Im sure everyone that's been tracking my logins so well can attest to me being on a ship or island, just trying to round up some gold, for the majority of this time. If something is going on that I can contribute to while retaining my ability to walk away, I will(see last night's defense of Tysel and Trendric being ganked).

If anyone has problems with me placing my kids over my playtime, you can feel free to retain your opinion. I assure you, I don't value the thoughts of people that don't understand that family>all of you.

I like how you call 8v1ing me repeatedly gank defense. I am my own gank squad (sometimes 2 I guess when Mez came to try to help against the horde).

You can see how your constant ganking of the other team could lead them to believe you are available enough to raid though...

Edit: Just checked discord deathsight for curiosity's sake. I died 18 times last night and got one kill, which was a 1v6 radiation bomb yolo. I was on the receiving end of dogpiles all night. You guys outnumber me. I get it. It's fine. But don't call me the ganker. I was trying to solo jump tons and constantly being ganked.

Generally, when you left the security of 'inside the gatehouse', you were going after Tysel, and then you got smashed, repeatedly- I mean who wouldn't against a team of 8 as a solo ganker. However, since we were defending Tysel, who you are so fond of hurting for some reason, then it is therefore a defense. Defending a person coming back from a long break from a repeated gank is like a shrine/city defense, you don't just tell people no to offering help. 

It takes thirty seconds to defend someone from a gank though, it's horridly different than a raid. A raid is an organized assault on an enemy city which often takes 30-180 minutes depending on the severity of attack and the people involved. If Austere is like, lets raid, and then is like, lol, jk have to go now- people won't get salty, but it's not a really cool move. If someone is being ganked and you defend them and then are like, okay, I need 20, then it's not as big of a shift for the team involved.

I'm not trying to say you can't just QQ from combat, because it happens to all of us, but raids are far different than defending Farrah's attempts to pad Deathsight with Ashtani. 

Farrah: I was trying to solo jump tons and constantly being ganked.

HRM. Jump = Gank. Sorry we jumped your solo ganks, hun.

The Divine voice of Twilight echoes in your head, "See that it is. I espy a tithe of potential in your mortal soul, Astarod Blackstone. Let us hope that it flourishes and does not falter as so many do."

Aegis, God of War says, "You are dismissed from My demense, Astarod. Go forth and fight well. Bleed fiercely, and climb the purpose you have sought to chase for."
  • When seagulls follow the trawler, it is because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea. 

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • Astarod said:
    Farrah said:
    Austere said:

Edit: Just checked discord deathsight for curiosity's sake. I died 18 times last night and got one kill, which was a 1v6 radiation bomb yolo. I was on the receiving end of dogpiles all night. You guys outnumber me. I get it. It's fine. But don't call me the ganker. I was trying to solo jump tons and constantly being ganked.

Generally, when you left the security of 'inside the gatehouse', you were going after Tysel, and then you got smashed, repeatedly- I mean who wouldn't against a team of 8 as a solo ganker. However, since we were defending Tysel, who you are so fond of hurting for some reason, then it is therefore a defense. Defending a person coming back from a long break from a repeated gank is like a shrine/city defense, you don't just tell people no to offering help. 

It takes thirty seconds to defend someone from a gank though, it's horridly different than a raid. A raid is an organized assault on an enemy city which often takes 30-180 minutes depending on the severity of attack and the people involved. If Austere is like, lets raid, and then is like, lol, jk have to go now- people won't get salty, but it's not a really cool move. If someone is being ganked and you defend them and then are like, okay, I need 20, then it's not as big of a shift for the team involved.

I'm not trying to say you can't just QQ from combat, because it happens to all of us, but raids are far different than defending Farrah's attempts to pad Deathsight with Ashtani. 

Gank = gang kill. It means teaming. It does not mean the same as jumping.
  • Farrah said:
    Astarod said:
    Farrah said:
    Austere said:

Gank = gang kill. It means teaming. It does not mean the same as jumping.
    This is not entirely correct. The term predates gaming all together, and didn't necessarily imply 'teaming' someone. Seeing as the original meaning of the word meant "to rob/steal".

Even if you're using purely gaming, it's not still not entirely correct. Considering it doesn't equal 'gang kill' in gaming terminology. It's its own word, simply meaning to kill someone in an unfair manner. It could simply refer to surprise-jumping someone significantly weaker than you.

• AustereAustere Tennessee
    I love that me phrasing "jumping a level 85 unartied Ashtani with 2 artied Hashani, one of which has staff" as a gank is the sticking point here. Nicely done. 
  • Sobriquet said:
    When seagulls follow the trawler, it is because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea. 
    His acceptance speech for the UCL President's Award was even better
  • ArchaeonArchaeon Ur mums house lol
    Inb4 lock
  • What happened to me today:

Got deathscall for 200 credits
    One piece from completing my cape for less than 500cr
    Found out I suck fighting as dragon outside of group combat

Watched this thread turn to shit and potentially get locked.

Good day so far
  • Austere said:
    I love that me phrasing "jumping a level 85 unartied Ashtani with 2 artied Hashani, one of which has staff" as a gank is the sticking point here. Nicely done. 

This never happened... Mezghar only joined in once Ashtan started doing so so it wasn't remotely us vs one Ashtani. It was us vs 5-8. If the fact that I have staff means retaliating for 5-8v1s and getting 5-8v1ed more somehow makes me a ganker, I am just lost in this extremely circular logic. :(

Staff is not so good it takes 5 people to fairly fight me.
  • AustereAustere Tennessee
    Farrah said:
    Austere said:

This never happened... Mezghar only joined in once Ashtan started doing so so it wasn't remotely us vs one Ashtani. It was us vs 5-8. If the fact that I have staff means retaliating for 5-8v1s and getting 5-8v1ed more somehow makes me a ganker, I am just lost in this extremely circular logic. :(

"That never happened, until it did". Again, I love that this is a sticking point for my argument against "timezone abuse".

• But if you're the one doing the ganking, it's not reasonable to expect the odds to be fair
  • edited October 2019
    How am I the one ganking? Ashtan smashed me with a 5-8 person team. One of those people was out wandering alone so I went after them. Then Ashtan smashed me again. It's expected, yes. I don't keep doing the same thing and expect it not to happen again. But the idea that I'm the ganker for hunting gankers is literally ridiculous.

And I'm obviously not hunting randoms. I'm hunting the people who 8v1ed me. If one of them happens to be lvl 85, it doesn't really change anything. He's also not remotely the only one treated that way. I went after every single Ashtani who had ganked me who left Ashtan, including Ryzan, Trendric, and Penwize. Every one resulted in a massive dogpile gank again (again, as expected).

But like... Lol at me being a ganker. I'm only challenging the presentation of the facts here. Not complaining.

Austere said:
    Farrah said:
    Austere said:

"That never happened, until it did". Again, I love that this is a sticking point for my argument against "timezone abuse".

You are acting like we 2v1ed though when we never did. It was already 2v5 at least by the time he joined. We never just 2v1 ganked someone. He had backup.

• You're arguing about different things I think. I disagree with the assertion that you're not a ganker, you can be a justified ganker for sure. Doesn't mean that you aren't ganking? With that person in question (the lvl 85 ashtani) having attacked you first in a dogpiling situation makes you completely justified to go after them again. You're still a ganker tho

Austere is talking about timezone abuse or something
  • Have you ever jumped someone in a situation you knew favoured you?

If so, you're a ganker. It is not an inherently negative term as you seem to be taking it. You don't need to get so defensive at being called one.

• Pyori said:
    It is not an inherently negative term as you seem to be taking it. 
    Yes it is.
  • Today I learned that Pyori is really Oscar from The Office. Proof: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAyt3KUVkrY
  • Tashar said:
    Well, in the wee hours of my today, I watched a group of Ashtan raiders entirely loot Hashan's novice chest save for like, a few pieces of fruit.

Because timezones obviously..
  • Time zones are truly a mysterious force. I never knew what manipulations they could have upon the Ashtani playerbase.
  • Lenn said:
    Time zones are truly a mysterious force. I never knew what manipulations they could have upon the Ashtani playerbase.

The book "Zoning: An Interplanetary Conundrum" goes into quite the detail of the mental infliction of timezones that can cause random malicious acts.

I'm told use of C.O.F.F.E.E is highly regarded as a viable means of mitigation.
  • edited October 2019
    Congratulations on the haircut! Over the past year my hairstyle has been getting shorter and shorter until finally I got a pixie cut. Quick AM hair is great!  

Good luck on your new hobby. I watch embroidery videos every now and then when I happen upon them during clickhole sessions. I cross stitch depending on my mood but I haven’t picked up the piece I’m working on in months. 

IG, @Milabar introduced me to the island of Tuar as an Anniversary outing gift. We will be collecting matching pets and atlatls. <3
  • Farrah said:
    How am I the one ganking? Ashtan smashed me with a 5-8 person team. One of those people was out wandering alone so I went after them. Then Ashtan smashed me again. It's expected, yes. I don't keep doing the same thing and expect it not to happen again. But the idea that I'm the ganker for hunting gankers is literally ridiculous.

And I'm obviously not hunting randoms. I'm hunting the people who 8v1ed me. If one of them happens to be lvl 85, it doesn't really change anything. He's also not remotely the only one treated that way. I went after every single Ashtani who had ganked me who left Ashtan, including Ryzan, Trendric, and Penwize. Every one resulted in a massive dogpile gank again (again, as expected).

But like... Lol at me being a ganker. I'm only challenging the presentation of the facts here. Not complaining.

Austere said:
    Farrah said:
    Austere said:

You are acting like we 2v1ed though when we never did. It was already 2v5 at least by the time he joined. We never just 2v1 ganked someone. He had backup.

Just a heads up, this is 100% the same thing Proficy has done in the past that you condemned him over. Specifically him getting ganked, retaliating by 1v1 ganking everyone who ganked him, and then getting further ganked in return. You had a massive problem with him doing that back then (to the point of encouraging people to issue him), what changed to make that okay for you to do now?

• You guys have seriously devalued the term ganking in the last ten years.