Welcome to the Achaea Forums! Please be sure to read the Forum Rules.

What Happened To You Today?

Comments

• TasusTasus Member Posts: 48 ✭✭ - Stalwart
    Penwize said:
    12822/12822h 11712/11827m 59650/59650e 39440/50650w -r 0R [kdb][ex/] [O/G] [: ] 12:12:27.77-
    A lightning bolt streaks down from the skies, full of fury and anger.
    Unfortunately you find yourself in its path, and you are struck by the tempest of the storm.
    5468/12822h 11807/11827m 59650/59650e 39436/50650w -r 0R [kdb][ex/] [O/G] [: ] 12:12:36.50-

Damn, that lightning doesn't play around.   Giving me lightning bolt envy here.

...Where is that so that I know where to avoid?
  • AstarodAstarod Member Posts: 316 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    edited April 16
    Penwize said:
    Unfortunately that isn't true, guards do not die from holding fragments.  Those fragments have been on the same guards for more than a day now, and the only change that was made is that we were given the mob id numbers.
    Yeah I’m just done after that. Z came back, but what’s the point when a great deal of them are sitting guards? Not blaming Mhaldor, mind you, just saying it’s a dumb mechanic.
     The Divine voice of Twilight echoes in your head, "See that it is. I espy a tithe of potential in your mortal soul, Astarod Blackstone. Let us hope that it flourishes and does not falter as so many do."
  • DunnDunn Member, Secret Squirrel Posts: 6,165 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Zsarachnor gonna rage and kill denizens soon enough. You'll see.

AstarodAsmodron
    Dunn said:
    He already killed the golem once!
    Astarod
    Tasus said:
    Dunn said:
    I hope he kills your songbird :D
     The Divine voice of Twilight echoes in your head, "See that it is. I espy a tithe of potential in your mortal soul, Astarod Blackstone. Let us hope that it flourishes and does not falter as so many do."
    Astarod said:
    Tasus said:
    Dunn said:
    You leave my bird out of this you monster. She’s pretty. 
    Tasus said:
    Astarod said:
    Tasus said:
    Dunn said:
    Not to me!
    Astarod said:
    Tasus said:
    Astarod said:
    Tasus said:
    Dunn said:
    Not to me!
    She just doesn’t like you, that’s all. Also, you guys never have a defending group when I have the group for raids :(
  • AsmodronAsmodron Member Posts: 2,751 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    edited April 16
    Not to be too critical but I'd have to say the issue is one that has been prevalent for some time now, and that is the unrealistic expectations there seems to be on the players.

From new areas with new mobs, to updating old mobs, this seems like a trend that has been going on for some time now.

In the current one, it is expected for one org to gather all 25 fragments, and keep a hold of them during this time. This involves killing powerful mobs that grow MORE powerful with a fragment, as well as trying to get past city defenses to get to a fragment holder. All this while protecting your own.

I was actually keeping an eye on fragments in 'locations' and how quickly they went to powerful denizens. After a fragment holder death, one appeared in Dryad Gardens. Before I even had the first phrase of the cairn stone out, it repopped to Jeramun.

It's just..a bit too much.
    How do you know that the expectation is to gather ALL of the fragments? Did one of the event coordinators tell you? It could be five.

• AsmodronAsmodron Member Posts: 2,751 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Dunn said:
    How do you know that the expectation is to gather ALL of the fragments? Did one of the event coordinators tell you? It could be five.
    Well when people have collected even more than 5 (I think someone tried with 17 at one point) and attempted to use  them, it said it wasnt enough. One would assume you need all 25.
  • SyndraSyndra Member Posts: 115 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    We tried with 17 and it wasn't enough. One of the denizens we spoke to said 'majority'. So whatever the number is, it's greater than 17. 
    Farrah said:
    It's possible people are doing things incorrectly. Who knows.

Can't do anything with them when they're all with denizens, though. Rooting for Z now. He's got this.
    Stop fangirling. Bad RP! ;-;
  • TorinnTorinn Member Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
    Just give Big Z all the shards!  
    Deucalion says, "Torinn is quite nice."
    edited April 16
    Torinn said:
    Just give Big Z all the shards!  
    Sure. You go slay the stationaries, GM, Jeramun, and mhaldor/eleusian guardian. As you do it, drop them off at Z! Let me know how it works out :lol:
    Torinn
  • ZhedanZhedan Member Posts: 80 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    EVENTS NEWS #636 (04/16/2019 at 15:32)
    To : Everyone
    Subject: Fragmentation
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    It shone in the black. A blinding beacon, a light seemingly alone in the night, surrounded by myriad others all adrift in the darkness, all together as one. A single, united whole, its existence determined by the nature of its task, set down in the moment of its creation and imbuement.

Then from whence came the pressure? At first it was small. Probing. Weak, even. But then it grew. And grew until abruptly, suddenly, there was a mind directing the aberration upon the beacon. A falsehood, a trick. And something was wrong. Something had lessened it, weakened the strength of the beacon, without any noticing. It had come from elsewhere. This was in error. This was not meant to be.

But it was too late.

Not sure if I should be:

A. Excited about the possibility of Twilight's return.
    B. Concerned about the possibility of Twilight's fragmentation. 

Pretty mixed right now.
    AstarodAdrikDoriel
  • BuscadorBuscador Member Posts: 19 ✭✭ - Stalwart
    You have recovered balance on all limbs.
    Studying Astarod, you determine that the pressure surrounding him is terminally elevated.
     --------------------GOT Terminal Pressure!!!--------------------------
    You point a finger at Astarod, summoning forth a mighty updraft to send him ever higher.
    Blood begins to run from the nose and ears of Astarod as he is carried ever higher.
    Unable to take exposure to such harsh conditions any longer, Astarod expires, his corpse drifting up
    and away.
    You have slain Astarod...
    You look around triumphantly and realise you are the last one standing. You have WON the game of
    Rampage.

Not sure he was exactly 100% in that fight, but I'll still take it given the number of times he's kicked my arse. Good to keep the learning curve going after so many frustrations. 
    AstarodNyneve
  • CooperCooper IowaMember Posts: 4,978 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    This happened, and then I immediately lagged for 30 seconds. Not in picture: Dunn throwing bombs at us as well.

And then was testing a few minutes later, no one had written down that the fragments can poof if you drop them...

Ailea
    Congrats!!!

Ailea
  • CaelanCaelan Member Posts: 1,602 @ - Epic Achaean
    Nicola said:
    I'm super curious what people think of the giftbox/choose the prize you want route we took with the Wheel this month.

In terms of overall prize values it's the same as Wheel normally is, just that you get to choose from the prize range.

Love, don't care, hate?
    I haven't gotten it yet, but I was pleasantly surprised to see it was an option.

• VinzentVinzent Member Posts: 118 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    I like.
    @Cooper

When Penwize had ~9 fragments, you guys group rained us at CM and we all lagged out entirely. That is weird. I got the same lag you did in the scenario, but had no idea about the rain.

That is weird!

This also happened tonight, did not see it coming...

AustereTaryiusRyzan
  • DorielDoriel Member Posts: 33 ✭✭ - Stalwart
    Nicola said:
    I'm super curious what people think of the giftbox/choose the prize you want route we took with the Wheel this month.

In terms of overall prize values it's the same as Wheel normally is, just that you get to choose from the prize range.

Love, don't care, hate?
    Even though I haven’t gotten a giftbox, I love the option.
Sign In to Comment.