What Happened To You Today?

Comments

• Decided to see if anyone had killed the unsidhe and sidhe in a while...nope, this XP was so hot.

keneanung: You gained 0 levels, 1.5% towards the next level and 34704 gold during the period 'trip'.
    keneanung: The period was 0h 13min and 53.476 sec long.

• I remember that feeling after getting my Shield of Absorption -- which involved legit camping in the Tundra for like three RL months. Powerful stuff.
    Saeva said:
    If Mathonwy is 2006 I wish 2007 had never come.
    Xenomorph said:
    heh. Mathowned.
    Message #12872 Sent by Jurixe
    4/16/0:41
    MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF.
  • Felt a bit burned out so I took it easy today. Unwinded a shrine, and just relaxed for awhile.

Had my first bounty duel in Thera later on. @Tasus gave me some good pointers which I'm looking forward to sitting down, and studying when I get the chance. I've adjusted to most group combat, but 1v1 is another beast to tackle.

@Dynos helped me with a few fun spars in the arena which enabled me to earn my first Renown with the new Adventure system.

The rest of the evening was a blur. Walked into Eleusis and got immediately curbstomped by Hailqas'an a few steps in. And @Krizal completed the bounty I've been dodging like a caffeinated monkey, throwing concussives around like candy.  =)
    "Alas. Alas for Hamlin. The Mayor sent east, west, north, and south. To offer the Piper by word of mouth. Wherever it was men's lot to find him, silver and gold to his heart's content. If only he'd return the way he went."
  • That's awesome, good job! 

• Gattan'bahar's malignance, how I desire thee. 
    The Divine voice of Twilight echoes in your head, "See that it is. I espy a tithe of potential in your mortal soul, Astarod Blackstone. Let us hope that it flourishes and does not falter as so many do."

Aegis, God of War says, "You are dismissed from My demense, Astarod. Go forth and fight well. Bleed fiercely, and climb the purpose you have sought to chase for."
  • SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
    that's a badly drawn paint brush. But carry on!

• Simply minding my own business, haven't talked to anyone in HOURS, not provoking anyone even a little bit...

You have recovered balance on all limbs.
    You slip behind a mhun guard and garrote him with your whip.
    A mhun guard swings wildly with his shortsword, cutting you with the sharp blade.
    9605h, 7384m, 30277e, 30279w guard17806 55%(-464h, 4.6%) 

keneanung: Priority list changed to:
    a mhun guard
    You have recovered balance on all limbs.
    You slip behind a mhun guard and garrote him with your whip.
    You have scored an ANNIHILATINGLY POWERFUL CRITICAL hit!
    You have slain a mhun guard, retrieving the corpse.
    A large pile of sovereigns spills from the corpse.
    The death of the corpse of a mhun guard fuels the fires that rage within an armoured charge tank.
    You feel a surge of energy course through your body as a sycophantic shoulder cape feeds upon the
    lifeforce of your fallen foe.
    Nothing can be seen here by that name.
    9605h, 7384m, 30264e, 30290w  
    Your target is now: 17818 (a denizen)
    9605h, 7384m, 30264e, 30290w guard17818 100%
    Your target is now: 17818 (a denizen)
    A bolt of burning blue fire slams into the ground near where you stand, a warning from Makarios. The
    next one may not miss...
    You hear a whistling noise and notice a narrow beam of yellow energy arcing through the heavens and
    striking your body. Pain envelops you as golden fire surrounds and engulfs you in a paroxysm of 
    suffering before it departs, leaving your body charred and smoking. You realise that this was but a 
    warning.
    1921h, 1477m, 30264e, 30290w guard17818 100%(-7684h, 76.3%, -5907m, 80.0%) 
    You bleed 32 health.
    1889h, 1477m, 30264e, 30290w guard17818 100%(-32h, 0.3%) 
    The elixir heals and soothes you.
    3614h, 1477m, 30264e, 30290w guard17818 100%(+1725h, 17.1%) 

• There are obviously plans for the mhun in the works and they need to be ALIVE for them  =)
  • Gasp! You figured out the evil plan! (Not the Evil plan, though).

• edited May 2019
    Ygia said:
    ((With all the deepest respect to event organisers,))
    Fuck this stupid event.
    Hey how's it going Ambassa. . . oh. . .

OH. . . 

Edit: Not trying to pick on you @Ygia, just a harmless jab, No matter which City you play in, and the people with, these decisions are feral when you make them. Hopefully Ygia's path forward isn't into the old folk's home for retirees :(.
  • Ygia said:
    Yeah. It's going like that.
    God. And the worst part is my thousands of citymates trying to justify the decision.
    Everyone's acting as if Tsol'teth are utterly incapable of any lies or deception and just believing something said outright and immediately - IMMEDIATELY - flipping on their backs in submission.
    If you can see echoes of screaming mothers pleading for their children to be safe and think "hmm, good allies", well...
    I won't say my opinions further because this isn't the place for them.
    God. Fuck. This.

the worst part is I still love Targossas. It's still 'my city' at heart. I'd still die for them. And Achaea is empty without them. But I can't justify this.
    This decision just.
    Doesn't parse with literally everything else I've seen of Targ. It maybe parses with the axiom of "do anything in service of Righteousness, no matter what" etc etc but like.
    THIS? Fuck.
    This was my experience as well.
  • edited May 2019
    It wasn't a majority of the population. The decision was made briskly following a meeting with two participants from Targossas.

People can think whatever they want. I'm done with Achaea for now, barring logging in to unwind and stuff because apparently they need all the help they can get now.

---

Edit:

For the inevitable hatetrain, yes I know my limits, yes I'm not seeing this as a second life, as was discussed on the Discord. I TTRPG a lot - saying "I" in place of "<characters name>" is a reflex. Please don't derail into scepticism about my mental state - I am fine, I'm just emotionally invested in this game as it helped me overcome some big things and learn things about myself. It's like seeing a beloved Tamagotchi die after years of perfect care. I'm not in bereavement, I'm just quite upset. Yes, I am stepping away, yes I am fine. Please stop with the speculation on my mental state.
  • edited May 2019
    I'm a nobody now and will likely continue to be but I will say that I sounded much like you at the end of my first character. When retirement was added, I was thrilled. I could start over and move on, I ended up retiring two more characters after my first retirement, losing a lot of value - because I didn't learn to properly separate myself from my character. I'm not saying you're wrong or saying to change who you are or who your character is - but you should really focus on yourself, which it sounds like you are doing. . .but from someone who spoke a lot like you, made choices a little heated OOCly and regretting it, it's very important. I'm still learning it.

I'd definitely say taking a break is a good idea and hope you find your own peace however necessary, like others have said: it's a game...one with intrigue, storytelling that oftentimes means stress, and it's very, very easy to let yourself get worked up in a way that you should try to limit. I also think that's normal for some people, so I don't think it's a big mental health issue.

Edit: Slow typing, missed your edit. Keeping it though. 
  • I know it's just a game. My character is still important to me. You're saying you never cried over the ending of an RPG or the death of a character?
    I cried literally one tear. That's it. And posted a forum rant to clear my head.
    People think I have a knife to my neck. I'm fine, and I'll be fine. I already feel better-ish.
  • Ygia said:
    I know it's just a game. My character is still important to me. You're saying you never cried over the ending of an RPG or the death of a character?
    I cried literally one tear. That's it. And posted a forum rant to clear my head.
    People think I have a knife to my neck. I'm fine, and I'll be fine. I already feel better-ish.
    I cried killing Sif. . . I have no leg to stand on when it comes to emotions :anguished:
  • Taryius said:
    it shouldn't of happened
    You need to stop speaking to @Bellis on Discord. You're better than this, Tary.

• I get enjoying the story, this event is just frustratingly draining. Almost every other event I've experienced within Achaea, it felt good and productive to log in and start helping. But hours of trying to badger NPCs without response, constantly fighting the tide (since it's about the most effective thing I can effing contribute), over a week of not having Cyrene and having no effing progress made on pushing it forward, and most of the stuff happening when I'm at work or taking a second away for my sanity.. I can honestly say this is the first time in Achaea where I've felt more relief just not logging in and watching from the sidelines. Right now the only thing keeping me coming back is to try being emotional support for the displaced people of Cyrene, and even then I've noticed I'm too drained to even be productive there. 

And in a way I honestly get Ygia. I don't think I'd retire Telendrieth, but BFA lost my sub and time when they tried to tell the Horde narrative the way they have been butchering it. I'm glad some people are enjoying themselves, and there are some good points during it. But be wary of snubbing the large number of people who are having a damn miserable time with this, because they are going to vent, and if they get the regular dumping on, the game is going to likely end up emptier for it. If that happens, no one really wins. 
  • This all has been crazy interesting from my perspective.  Keep it up!
    Deucalion says, "Torinn is quite nice."