What Happened To You Today?

Comments

• Mhaldorians are just salty their ideology doesn't easily let them team up with others and that they've annoyed a ton of people "because Evil" so people don't want to work with them   B)
    Deucalion says, "Torinn is quite nice."
  • edited April 2019
    Hey guys, remember that time when Targossas helped Slith kill Thoth?

If you're gonna judge Mdor by Balmet, you should be an equal-opportunity judge :)
  • Meanwhile... I just had fun bouncing around cities. Hope the whole shards needed thing is worth it in the end.
  • Farrah said:
    Taryius said:
    Hashan should be, and historically has been, very hostile in their ethos and infiltrations. Darkness is not something to underestimate and there is reason they are one of the proclaimed enemies of Light and Fire, alongside really really bad relations with Evil.

I don't know the RP that happened, I don't know peoples goals IG, but I'm going to shout and taunt IC about it because all my characters seeing is Targossas handing off a bunch of fragments of power to one of their sworn enemies, or protecting a famed occultist from being killed.

Personally, I find it a tad exhausting to always have factions team up against Mhaldor in world events, it is what it is. Not gonna tell you how to RP, or who to RP with, though I will act it out accordingly IG. But if your char doesn't like the concept of Mhaldor's "end goal" you probably shouldn't like Hashan's, Ashtan's, Eleusis' or maybe even Targossas' either, its always richer rp to justify your action rather than justify what your action is preventing. My opinion anyway.

Carry on.

This is a very biased view of the entire situation, though. Hashan and Targossas have fought over fragments. It is not as if they have the same goal, or are agreeing to funnel fragments to one or the other. It's a situation where both factions are utterly, massively outmatched by Mhaldor's numbers + guards and are simply trying to free up the heavily fortified fragments so they can then fight over them amongst themselves. Bringing that to forums and criticizing the players for "ignoring RP" or "poorly playing their characters" is just petty. As I said before, Targossas has no interest in letting Darkness get the fragments, either, and has not worked with "Chaos" at all. Targossas is also not dishonest, so I told Hashan straightup we'd raid them for the fragments if they ended up holding a bunch themselves. It's somewhat of a vague temporary alliance/ceasefire while Mhaldor dominates, which is tactically and ideologically reasonable. But we shouldn't have to defend our actions OOC or be ridiculed like we did something wrong as players for that.

Like I said, OOC, there's nothing for you guys to be upset over. Anything that's been done has at best moved the odds closer to even. No factions are teaming in a way that overwhelms Mhaldor. They're doing it from a standpoint of being much weaker at a particular time and evening the odds. So why be so unpleasant to people who are taking actions that make the event more, not less, enjoyable, if anything, by evening the odds, and which they are perfectly content with IC?

I'm not trying to be unpleasant, or upset. I'm a little exhaused, but not angry. Like I said, I'm not telling anyone how to RP, or making assumptions as if I know what they are RP'ing. My character will IG, and will do so from the limited perspective he sees, hence all the shouting last night. And I don't think that arguing that you guys shouldn't of RP'd that on the forums is any sort of beneficial. And I agree, being ridiculed OOC for the way you RP is dumb, I've felt my fair shair of that I'm not about to go dishing it out.

I was just giving my opinion on the game, and how I play.

On the comment that Hashan is less hostile, or not as bad as Mhaldor IG, I was just pointing out. Hashan/Darkness has been hostile with resources, has done bad spooky things in the lore, and has a end-goal that is on a similar level to the end goal of Mhaldor. It doesn't take a lot of digging into the lore/past events to know that Hashan has done. 

And that I personally hold a specific perspective on how to justify actions in events, as to not break out of what my character would do, and I'm certain my character is far from what other people play. No one is forced to do the same, its just how I believe I get richer, more enjoyable play. If you can't justify it without needing to say your preventing something (with minor exceptions) I don't think its worth pursuing. I look back at the tank event with Yudhi, every city had super tanks, Mhaldor was trying to blow one up in Cyrene, Targ came in and wooped our butt. Was the justification IG to protect Cyrene? Or to stop Mhaldor from blowing a tank on the other side of the world? I think the former is a stronger RP justification. 

Thats the same reason I don't gank people who are trying honor mobs, unless I'd normally protect said honor mob, or why I very rarely interrupt one cities raid on another city. If my justification is I don't want x person to get the honors line, I think thats poor IG justification to go and save something. But this my character, and I play in a city with an already unique form of RP, and my lack of alt'ing certainly makes my opinion biased. Thats just me, thanks for coming to my TEDtalk.
  • Taryius said:
    fair shair

• Yeah well...  Eleusis hates you all so...

Seriously kinda glad I am missing this event due to RL being far more important.  Sounds like a bunch of salt and petty bickering

• Caelan said:
    Sounds like a bunch of salt and petty bickering
    So pretty much every event in the history of Achaea?

• Well, I'm having a blast! Lots of learning events for me to sink my teeth into.
  • Taryius said:
    Farrah said:
    Taryius said:
    Hashan should be, and historically has been, very hostile in their ethos and infiltrations. Darkness is not something to underestimate and there is reason they are one of the proclaimed enemies of Light and Fire, alongside really really bad relations with Evil.

I don't know the RP that happened, I don't know peoples goals IG, but I'm going to shout and taunt IC about it because all my characters seeing is Targossas handing off a bunch of fragments of power to one of their sworn enemies, or protecting a famed occultist from being killed.

Personally, I find it a tad exhausting to always have factions team up against Mhaldor in world events, it is what it is. Not gonna tell you how to RP, or who to RP with, though I will act it out accordingly IG. But if your char doesn't like the concept of Mhaldor's "end goal" you probably shouldn't like Hashan's, Ashtan's, Eleusis' or maybe even Targossas' either, its always richer rp to justify your action rather than justify what your action is preventing. My opinion anyway.

Carry on.

This is a very biased view of the entire situation, though. Hashan and Targossas have fought over fragments. It is not as if they have the same goal, or are agreeing to funnel fragments to one or the other. It's a situation where both factions are utterly, massively outmatched by Mhaldor's numbers + guards and are simply trying to free up the heavily fortified fragments so they can then fight over them amongst themselves. Bringing that to forums and criticizing the players for "ignoring RP" or "poorly playing their characters" is just petty. As I said before, Targossas has no interest in letting Darkness get the fragments, either, and has not worked with "Chaos" at all. Targossas is also not dishonest, so I told Hashan straightup we'd raid them for the fragments if they ended up holding a bunch themselves. It's somewhat of a vague temporary alliance/ceasefire while Mhaldor dominates, which is tactically and ideologically reasonable. But we shouldn't have to defend our actions OOC or be ridiculed like we did something wrong as players for that.

Like I said, OOC, there's nothing for you guys to be upset over. Anything that's been done has at best moved the odds closer to even. No factions are teaming in a way that overwhelms Mhaldor. They're doing it from a standpoint of being much weaker at a particular time and evening the odds. So why be so unpleasant to people who are taking actions that make the event more, not less, enjoyable, if anything, by evening the odds, and which they are perfectly content with IC?

I'm not trying to be unpleasant, or upset. I'm a little exhaused, but not angry. Like I said, I'm not telling anyone how to RP, or making assumptions as if I know what they are RP'ing. My character will IG, and will do so from the limited perspective he sees, hence all the shouting last night. And I don't think that arguing that you guys shouldn't of RP'd that on the forums is any sort of beneficial. And I agree, being ridiculed OOC for the way you RP is dumb, I've felt my fair shair of that I'm not about to go dishing it out.

I was just giving my opinion on the game, and how I play.

On the comment that Hashan is less hostile, or not as bad as Mhaldor IG, I was just pointing out. Hashan/Darkness has been hostile with resources, has done bad spooky things in the lore, and has a end-goal that is on a similar level to the end goal of Mhaldor. It doesn't take a lot of digging into the lore/past events to know that Hashan has done. 

And that I personally hold a specific perspective on how to justify actions in events, as to not break out of what my character would do, and I'm certain my character is far from what other people play. No one is forced to do the same, its just how I believe I get richer, more enjoyable play. If you can't justify it without needing to say your preventing something (with minor exceptions) I don't think its worth pursuing. I look back at the tank event with Yudhi, every city had super tanks, Mhaldor was trying to blow one up in Cyrene, Targ came in and wooped our butt. Was the justification IG to protect Cyrene? Or to stop Mhaldor from blowing a tank on the other side of the world? I think the former is a stronger RP justification. 

Thats the same reason I don't gank people who are trying honor mobs, unless I'd normally protect said honor mob, or why I very rarely interrupt one cities raid on another city. If my justification is I don't want x person to get the honors line, I think thats poor IG justification to go and save something. But this my character, and I play in a city with an already unique form of RP, and my lack of alt'ing certainly makes my opinion biased. Thats just me, thanks for coming to my TEDtalk.

To me, these examples are distinct in important ways. Farrah wouldn't defend an honours mob she wouldn't normally defend either. For example, someone made a comment about us "defending Maim" but that never actually happened. We were trying to kill Maim. The fact that we attacked Mhaldor too there hardly makes us "defending Maim."

The fragments themselves, though, I think there is a difference in our perspective for sure. Farrah doesn't have a huge reason to want the fragments. She's worried they're dangerous and doesn't want her enemies to have them. It is a preventative position. But not all of our positions are. I think there's some inherent difference between Good/Evil in this regard though, more than there is a difference between us as players. Targossas doesn't want to conquer the world. So, it is in some sense more "preventative." Not in every way, but moreso than Evil.

• Don't stop being toxic, everyone. We hit page 666, it's destined to continue.

• edited April 2019
    Came to the realization I'm playing a text version of eve online given the amount of waiting going on with these fragments. At the same time, I can't wait for it to end :/
    I've given too much to the hate, delved its depths, and rested my head upon its fluffy bosom.

• Farrah said:
    She's worried they're dangerous and doesn't want her enemies to have them.
    Isn't that everyone's reason to hold onto the fragments?
  • Waayen said:
    Came to the realization I'm playing a text version of eve online given the amount of waiting going on with these fragments. At the same time, I can't wait for it to end :/
    My attention span was terrible in Eve. Realizing that it hasn't improved to handle this either. At least I don't lose a Titan or Freighter when I stop paying attention here?
  • Get rekt Mhaldor.
  • I was wondering how long it would take for the gloating to commence.
  • Good job Targ.
  • Not gloating, that was fun.
  • Should give details for those of us smart enough to not log in.
  • Vinzent said:
    Triple tanked and killed Syndra (https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/8YxP_swJ) for shards.
    Edit: Fragments, not shards.
    2019/04/14 20:29:02 - Achilles, Adrik, Farrah, Herev, Jiraishin, Mezghar, Tesha, Torrent, Vinzent, and Welsh have destroyed The ruins of Junction of Perdition.
    2019/04/14 20:29:10 - Achilles, Adrik, Farrah, Herev, Jiraishin, Mezghar, Tesha, Torrent, Vinzent, and Welsh have destroyed The ruins of Malevolence Street.
    2019/04/14 20:29:19 - Achilles, Adrik, Farrah, Herev, Jiraishin, Mezghar, Torrent, Vinzent, and Welsh have destroyed The ruins of Abomination Road.
    Good job guys. Was pleasing to watch.
    The Divine voice of Twilight echoes in your head, "See that it is. I espy a tithe of potential in your mortal soul, Astarod Blackstone. Let us hope that it flourishes and does not falter as so many do."

Aegis, God of War says, "You are dismissed from My demense, Astarod. Go forth and fight well. Bleed fiercely, and climb the purpose you have sought to chase for."
  • Geelraz said:
    It's ok, we can take it, we'll recover and get better. As long as everyone had fun that's all that matters.
    you are 2 pure for this world.

Let me kill you.
  • It's been hugely fun so far, if incredibly exhausting, frustrating and agonizing at times. I honestly don't know how anyone keeps up with things on all sides, to me it looks like all kinds of crazy ideas and novelties have been thrown up. 
  • Adrik said:
    Geelraz said:
    It's ok, we can take it, we'll recover and get better. As long as everyone had fun that's all that matters.
    you are 2 pure for this world.

Let me kill you.

I'm not 100% sure but I think you did once or twice, hah!
  • edited April 2019
    Achilles said:
    We are benovolent and just gave Mhaldor freedom from the fragments.  Now we can morph into a giant turtle.
    plot twist- combining all the fragments actually creates The Great Turtle of Sapience. Collect all 50 fragments for the truest of turtles. 
  • 2nd plot twist, combining all the shards also unleashes pokemon throughout sapience and now we can capture, raise, train and battle pokemon instead of ourselves
  • Numira said:
    Achilles said:
    We are benovolent and just gave Mhaldor freedom from the fragments.  Now we can morph into a giant turtle.
    plot twist- combining all the fragments actually creates The Great Turtle of Sapience. Collect all 50 fragments for the truest of turtles. 
    only @Halos can save us now.

(Clan): Ictinus says, "Stop it Jiraishin, you're making me like you."