What Happened To You Today?

Comments

• edited April 2019
    Taryius said:
    I don't know where this concept that Mhaldor isn't doing anything with them comes from, we've sought and gotten responses from several denizens and tried several things including trying to explode Cyrene that were all met with essentially, get more of them and maybe something will happen.

And Ashtan isn't special either, they had their person with their 4 shards sitting on guards in their tank room all last night while the rest of Ashtan was out killing things, you guys didn't behave any different, no city has. 

Astarod said:
    You guys are missing the point. I'm not saying X city is dumb for Y behavior. That's applicable to all cities. I'm saying that it's kinda boring to just have people alternate fragments on guard stacks when they die/qq/lose fragments. That's all. 

The Divine voice of Twilight echoes in your head, "See that it is. I espy a tithe of potential in your mortal soul, Astarod Blackstone. Let us hope that it flourishes and does not falter as so many do."

Aegis, God of War says, "You are dismissed from My demense, Astarod. Go forth and fight well. Bleed fiercely, and climb the purpose you have sought to chase for."
  • Everyone just likes to go "Waaaaah Mhaldor" when it comes to this stuff, Taryboo
  • Farrah said:

I haven't seen any alliance form outside of to fight the camping!

The shit's also... very easy. You're literally just standing turtled in a guard room. Let's not exaggerate the struggle.

Is beneath a frozen chamber in targossas

It sure is ^_^
  • Everyone this event has held shards on guards, it's the easiest way to protect them, on top of this, no one was willing to just lose all their shards, especially not if it gave another city the ability to "succeed" this chapter of the event. It's a bit of a "meh" event for that reason, but I assume if one city was able to gather enough it would have progressed nicely. 

The event will continue on as long as cities are willing to brawl for the fragments, hide and prevent another from progressing it, which isn't inherently bad at all.
  • edited April 2019
    Aegoth said:
    Everyone just likes to go "Waaaaah Mhaldor" when it comes to this stuff, Taryboo

For someone who wasn't around (that's you), this is a pretty inaccurate perspective, boo.

Minifie said:
    Farrah said:

The shit's also... very easy. You're literally just standing turtled in a guard room. Let's not exaggerate the struggle.

It sure is ^_^

I wouldn't know. I literally went out bashing and brawling with mine. Ashtan could confirm because they ganked me for them. Can guarantee Targ wouldn't be holing on guards with me around other than when we have to all suicide on another city's guards and someone has to hold them (like Adrik did last night). I'm just over the boredom. Don't care about "winning". Just want to fight.

Not saying it's just Mhaldor acting this way, though. Just that I personally am not treating the event that way, and think it's very boring.

• While I'd hate to do this, I dont think Astarod is trying to point fingers, but is saying he is upset this event became tailored to fragments on guard stacks + city guardian + extra.

I know some upstairs love to see us "repeatedly dive without fear", but....that isnt always fun if it becomes the -only- thing.

There are 25 fragments. Some held by powerful beings that became more powerful...and some by cities. At this point it'll be a "who can entrench harder" event, countered by "Who has the most toys at their disposal (that renegade mantle though)".

It's very eh.
  • As for the whole 'Alliance' thing. They way you're wording it makes it sound like its several fully decked groups outmatching one. We got 1 person from Cyrene, 1 from eleusis and the few from targ and Hashan together. Even then...were still outnumbered.

Wasnt about trying to overwhelm, was simply players that wanted a piece of the fun but their org simply wasnt interested or lacked numbers.
  • Farrah said:
    Aegoth said:
    Everyone just likes to go "Waaaaah Mhaldor" when it comes to this stuff, Taryboo

For someone who wasn't around (that's you), this is a pretty inaccurate perspective, boo.

Minifie said:
    Farrah said:

It sure is ^_^

I wouldn't know. I literally went out bashing and brawling with mine. Ashtan could confirm because they ganked me for them. Can guarantee Targ wouldn't be holing on guards with me around other than when we have to all suicide on another city's guards and someone has to hold them (like Adrik did last night). I'm just over the boredom. Don't care about "winning". Just want to fight.

Not saying it's just Mhaldor acting this way, though. Just that I personally am not treating the event that way, and think it's very boring.

I've been running around for hours now trying to do the same, I held the fragments for a while so I could cook some dinner, do some cleaning and take a break for a bit, but other than that I've been trying to get into anyone and everyone hard and fast. I've been having a lot of fun with the event, and even with the teams grouping up it's still been pretty fun, my only issue has been that I wish the devs had a hard enrage timer where Z or someone came and stomped our heads in for taking too long and he merged it all into Zsarachnorite and mega evolved. I'd be fine with that happening as we are lulling about!
  • edited April 2019
    Hashan and Cyrene sat in their house hall, until they couldn't anymore. Now Hashan has literally locked their person in the stables. Adrik sat on guard stacks all night. Penwize had them on his eagles (and eventually lost them). Tiandrona went to ship (eventually lost them). Majin sat in a house hall. Everyone is sitting on guard stacks, and it's boring as hell. Then there is the "what is RP" side where everyone teamed up. So yeah, not a lot of fun, but at least Mhaldor is sticking to their ethos and doing it alone even if it means sitting on guards.

At one point we had 17 fragments, and nada. "Need more" was the outcome. Thus far we've consistently held the most but it's just not enough to do anything with.

@Asmodron Also, you weren't online when there were groups of 15 people made of Targossas, Cyrene and Hashan running around. So there is for sure an alliance. Couple that with Ashtan's group, and we bountied over 30 new people last night cause of it all. 
  • Syndra said:
    it's boring as hell. 
    You could just DROP 50 FRAGMENT and do what you want :D
    The Divine voice of Twilight echoes in your head, "See that it is. I espy a tithe of potential in your mortal soul, Astarod Blackstone. Let us hope that it flourishes and does not falter as so many do."

Aegis, God of War says, "You are dismissed from My demense, Astarod. Go forth and fight well. Bleed fiercely, and climb the purpose you have sought to chase for."
  • Syndra said:
    Hashan and Cyrene sat in their house hall, until they couldn't anymore. Now Hashan has literally locked their person in the stables. Adrik sat on guard stacks all night. Penwize had them on his eagles (and eventually lost them). Tiandrona went to ship (eventually lost them). Majin sat in a house hall. Everyone is sitting on guard stacks, and it's boring as hell. Then there is the "what is RP" side where everyone teamed up. So yeah, not a lot of fun, but at least Mhaldor is sticking to their ethos and doing it alone even if it means sitting on guards.

At one point we had 17 fragments, and nada. "Need more" was the outcome. Thus far we've consistently held the most but it's just not enough to do anything with.

@Asmodron Also, you weren't online when there were groups of 15 people made of Targossas, Cyrene and Hashan running around. So there is for sure an alliance. Couple that with Ashtan's group, and we bountied over 30 new people last night cause of it all. 

Oh, here come the "enemy factions working together temporarily for a limited purpose is always contrary to rp" claims. OOC, we were making things interesting because we were massively outmatched by huge guard stacks and Mhaldor's numbers. IC, we were working together for the limited purpose of deturtling Mhaldor, which made perfect sense under the circumstances. No one is throwing away RP just because you have to deal with the slight struggle of having 10 people die on your guard stack instead of 5. Do you ever not whine?
  • Farrah, don't try to act the paragon of RP. You're not. IC there is zero reason Targossas should be teaming with both Darkness and Chaos. But you do you, and we're going to do us. 
  • edited April 2019
    Syndra said:
    Then there is the "what is RP" side where everyone teamed up. So yeah, not a lot of fun, but at least Mhaldor is sticking to their ethos and doing it alone even if it means sitting on guards.

Actually the RP is quite simple here. Whatever this is, it is clearly a volatile energy and Mhaldor has in history repeatedly shown just how close it has brought Achaea (or those within Achaea) to utter decimation in the past. Everyone simply agreed that it was better for anyone else to have them but Mhaldor. No joke :p

Edit: Bal'met comes to mind :p

• Hashan has the same track record, if not worse. 
  • Farrah said:
    Syndra said:

Oh, here come the "enemy factions working together temporarily for a limited purpose is always contrary to rp" claims. OOC, we were making things interesting because we were massively outmatched by huge guard stacks and Mhaldor's numbers. IC, we were working together for the limited purpose of deturtling Mhaldor, which made perfect sense under the circumstances. No one is throwing away RP just because you have to deal with the slight struggle of having 10 people die on your guard stack instead of 5. Do you ever not whine?
    Do you ever post anything worthwhile?
  • I'm not sure where saying we're not ignoring RP is claiming to be the "paragon of RP." God, you're an idiot. We're doing what we should be, under the circumstances.
  • Syndra said:
    Hashan has the same track record, if not worse. 

If only this was true :(
  • ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    Waa, waa. People are doing things I disagree with, hence they suck at RP.

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• I really get under your skin that you always devolve to personal attacks. You should probably step back and unplug.
  • Calm down everyone. This is a game. 

Just let us win
  • edited April 2019
    Farrah said:
    I'm not sure where saying we're not ignoring RP is claiming to be the "paragon of RP." God, you're an idiot. We're doing what we should be, under the circumstances.
    Ashtan and Mhaldor has not allied with any other city, and has done pretty damn well considering the circumstances too. I'm not even entirely sure why allyships are needed. Are they just superior cities that can hold fast onto what they are, or should we be striking up a deal with them now to finish this? I'm not entirely sure where we should be accepting the "enemies of my enemies are my friends" ideal, instead of just standing strong on your own.

Wow, Hashan isn't getting anything from this? :(
  • Asmodron said:
    Syndra said:
    Then there is the "what is RP" side where everyone teamed up. So yeah, not a lot of fun, but at least Mhaldor is sticking to their ethos and doing it alone even if it means sitting on guards.

Actually the RP is quite simple here. Whatever this is, it is clearly a volatile energy and Mhaldor has in history repeatedly shown just how close it has brought Achaea (or those within Achaea) to utter decimation in the past. Everyone simply agreed that it was better for anyone else to have them but Mhaldor. No joke :p

It's not even just that. Targossas never agreed to allow Hashan to obtain all the fragments, either. I made very clear we'd attack you guys if you had too many, too. So, ultimately, we're trying to keep any of our enemies from getting them all, which is really practical.
  • Farrah said:
    Asmodron said:
    Syndra said:

It's not even just that. Targossas never agreed to allow Hashan to obtain all the fragments, either. I made very clear we'd attack you guys if you had too many, too. So, ultimately, we're trying to keep any of our enemies from getting them all, which is really practical.

In Hashan we're just playing the game of politics and diplomacy while seeing what would be best for it and the world in general...but mostly Hashan. :>

Naturally what would be best is for the more hostile orgs not to lay claim to this energy.
  • Minifie said:
    Farrah said:
    I'm not sure where saying we're not ignoring RP is claiming to be the "paragon of RP." God, you're an idiot. We're doing what we should be, under the circumstances.
    Ashtan and Mhaldor has not allied with any other city, and has done pretty damn well considering the circumstances too. I'm not even entirely sure why allyships are needed. Are they just superior cities that can hold fast onto what they are, or should we be striking up a deal with them now to finish this? I'm not entirely sure where we should be accepting the "enemies of my enemies are my friends" ideal, instead of just standing strong on your own.

Presumably the "stronger" factions would not cry so much. I'll be happy when you get there, though. It will relieve me quite a bit.
  • edited April 2019
    Farrah said:
    Minifie said:
    Farrah said:

Presumably the "stronger" factions would not cry so much. I'll be happy when you get there, though. It will relieve me quite a bit.
    The salt is real, as is the deflection. Taryius’ post hits the nail on the head pretty well, also you quickly cried about mhaldor sitting on guards. Still a hypocrite I see.
  • These events always bring out the best in us...

• My god everyone just shut the fuck up and play the game.

There's no need for this pointless spite thrown at eachother.  We're already having internal OOC drama due to this shit, can we not drag it over to the "What Happened To You Today?" from an event that someone in the Garden put a lot of time and effort into?

It devolved into this because that's just how these events go. X gives Y benefit. Something MIGHT happen if we get all X. Let's make sure we keep all X away from Z.

This has been shown to always come down to this same scenario.  A city sitting on guards/behind walls/behind everything to huddle and turtle behind lyre, shield, and reflections with steelmind up to prevent force. The only surefire way to break this turtle has.. once again... been shown to be an overwhelming amount of people all attacking the person in question. Avenues have been tried, they've so-far failed.

Seriously. I just want this event to be over so I can log in again and not have to deal with the headache/drama that unfolds from it.. and not even fun drama. This is just OOC shitting on everyone involved at this point.
  • Taryius said:
    Hashan should be, and historically has been, very hostile in their ethos and infiltrations. Darkness is not something to underestimate and there is reason they are one of the proclaimed enemies of Light and Fire, alongside really really bad relations with Evil.

I don't know the RP that happened, I don't know peoples goals IG, but I'm going to shout and taunt IC about it because all my characters seeing is Targossas handing off a bunch of fragments of power to one of their sworn enemies, or protecting a famed occultist from being killed.

Personally, I find it a tad exhausting to always have factions team up against Mhaldor in world events, it is what it is. Not gonna tell you how to RP, or who to RP with, though I will act it out accordingly IG. But if your char doesn't like the concept of Mhaldor's "end goal" you probably shouldn't like Hashan's, Ashtan's, Eleusis' or maybe even Targossas' either, its always richer rp to justify your action rather than justify what your action is preventing. My opinion anyway.

Carry on.

This is a very biased view of the entire situation, though. Hashan and Targossas have fought over fragments. It is not as if they have the same goal, or are agreeing to funnel fragments to one or the other. It's a situation where both factions are utterly, massively outmatched by Mhaldor's numbers + guards and are simply trying to free up the heavily fortified fragments so they can then fight over them amongst themselves. Bringing that to forums and criticizing the players for "ignoring RP" or "poorly playing their characters" is just petty. As I said before, Targossas has no interest in letting Darkness get the fragments, either, and has not worked with "Chaos" at all. Targossas is also not dishonest, so I told Hashan straightup we'd raid them for the fragments if they ended up holding a bunch themselves. It's somewhat of a vague temporary alliance/ceasefire while Mhaldor dominates, which is tactically and ideologically reasonable. But we shouldn't have to defend our actions OOC or be ridiculed like we did something wrong as players for that.

Like I said, OOC, there's nothing for you guys to be upset over. Anything that's been done has at best moved the odds closer to even. No factions are teaming in a way that overwhelms Mhaldor. They're doing it from a standpoint of being much weaker at a particular time and evening the odds. So why be so unpleasant to people who are taking actions that make the event more, not less, enjoyable, if anything, by evening the odds, and which they are perfectly content with IC?