What Happened To You Today?

Comments

• That's a real thing? If so, ahahahahaha!
    Give us -real- shop logs! Not another misinterpretation of features we ask for, turned into something that either doesn't help at all, or doesn't remotely resemble what we wanted to begin with.

Thanks!

Current position of some of the playerbase, instead of expressing a desire to fix problems:

Vhaynna: "Honest question - if you don't like Achaea or the current admin, why do you even bother playing?"

• You left out some of the best parts!

Loudly proclaiming his martial prowess over Adrik, Penwize Baker, the Relentless strikes him down with his bell.

Bruyan, the town crier shouts, "Hear ye! Oh yez! Obsessive hunter hones talents with crier's bell, nears one percent of the true master's proficiency with legendary musical weapon. Oh yez!"

<3 Bruyan.
  • Today I saw this, "The fortress steward rakes his elderly hands across your face, scratching at your eyes with his fingernails." and I just thought "Gross. Elderly hands."

(Party): You say, "Since we are discussing it OOC, I'll let you know that I'm from Australia."
    (Party): Mariya says, "That does explain a number of things."
  • I want to win, can't be giving the secrets away!

• AchillesAchilles Los Angeles
    So not worth it, never again.  Sorry @Farrah @Karren

You rip into a xorani temple guard with your massive, deadly claws.
    You have scored a WORLD-SHATTERING CRITICAL hit!!!
    You have slain a xorani temple guard, retrieving the corpse.
    A large pile of sovereigns spills from the corpse.
    You have completed the Prinanan Genocide resolution! Congratulations!
    You just received message #9744 from Achaea.
    You just received a group of 10 mementoes!
  • Klendathu said:
    Had some fun 2v2, @Ryzan and I vs @Micaelis and @Issam:
    - 2018/09/21 15:38:54 - Broken upon Klendathu's might, Micaelis has paid the ultimate price for his rejection of ascension at the hands of the Chaos Court.
    - 2018/09/21 15:44:27 - Broken upon Klendathu's might, Micaelis has paid the ultimate price for his rejection of ascension at the hands of the Chaos Court.
    - 2018/09/21 15:45:53 - Defending the Seat of Chaos, a thrall of the wheel turns Micaelis to pulp.
    - 2018/09/21 15:54:45 - Hymns sung in sacred duty arise from the Heart of Dawn, honouring the triumph of Micaelis over Klendathu in the pursuit of Creation's sanctity.
    - 2018/09/21 15:55:07 - Quartermaster Ryzan Valeth has broken Issam's spine with a backbreaker, slaying him.
    - 2018/09/21 15:56:53 - Hymns sung in sacred duty arise from the Heart of Dawn, honouring the triumph of Micaelis over Ryzan in the pursuit of Creation's sanctity.
    - 2018/09/21 15:57:15 - Hymns sung in sacred duty arise from the Heart of Dawn, honouring the triumph of Micaelis over Klendathu in the pursuit of Creation's sanctity.
    - 2018/09/21 15:59:09 - Broken upon Klendathu's might, Micaelis has paid the ultimate price for his rejection of ascension at the hands of the Chaos Court.
    - 2018/09/21 16:00:05 - Hymns sung in sacred duty arise from the Heart of Dawn, honouring the triumph of Micaelis over Ryzan in the pursuit of Creation's sanctity.
    - 2018/09/21 16:01:06 - Klendathu dies, features contorted from the poison delivered by Issam Al'Jafri.
    - 2018/09/21 16:01:53 - Hymns sung in sacred duty arise from the Heart of Dawn, honouring the triumph of Micaelis over Klendathu in the pursuit of Creation's sanctity.
    Would really like to not be hunted for defending an RP prayer session, though :/

(Clan): Ictinus says, "Stop it Jiraishin, you're making me like you."
  • edited September 2018
    Yeah it annoys me too that when a group you're with gets attacked (the others initiated it), and you defend your friends, that you get hunted down for it later by the aggressors when you're by yourself.  I've never agreed with that sort of behavior, it reeks of bullying.  The aggressors walked into a losing situation, and by dying to a group of people it's on them to bear the brunt of the punishment.  Their death was their own doing.  What's the alternative, that aggressors can go wherever they want and kill people while the rest stand idly by?  That makes no sense.
    Deucalion says, "Torinn is quite nice."
  • JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.
    edited September 2018
    It's always shitty unless it's your side that's doing it, in which case we turn a blind eye so that we can later claim that we never did it. You personally may not have been involved, but the many are lumped in with a few because it's easier to think of everyone else the same way than it is to actually do some detective work and figure out who is cool and who is an asshat.

edit: weird line breaks.
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
  • Jonathin said:
    It's always shitty unless it's your side that's doing it, in which case we turn a blind eye so that we can later claim that we never did it. You personally may not have been involved, but the many are lumped in with a few because it's easier to think of everyone else the same way than it is to actually do some detective work and figure out who is cool and who is an asshat.

edit: weird line breaks.
    No matter who's doing it, and who it's been done to, it's still an asshole move

• If Farrah went and attacked a gathering with ten people and all the newbies present hit and helped killed her, I'm pretty sure she would just go "lol I died oh well" and leave it at that.  I'm 90% sure she would not hunt down anybody later for it, and neither would I.
  • edited September 2018
    If you don't wanna get ganked later don't get involved in fights that don't concern you.

Torinn, you're perfectly fine (by your own admission) with characters being jerks in things like how they run orgs or deal with other orgs. Why do characters have to become 'nice' when it comes to PK? Presumably, victim A did something to provoke being attacked. It's your decision to become involved, and if you're going to be involved, go whole hog, don't half-ass it and complain.

You're protected from all PK consequences in your own city, so if bobby comes to gank billy in targ and he's a city enemy, they can't do anything to you if you defend billy. Once you leave your city gates, you're an individual and not a city defender, though.

That's also why I tell most  people to not ever defend me if I get ganked outside of a situation where we're already fighting. It's my responsibility to deal with that if I don't wanna drag others into it. Obv if I'm standing with a combatant they'll happily jump in anyway, but then that's not particularly an issue for anyone involved.
  • edited September 2018
    Your presumption that person A has done something to be attacked is often incorrect.  And even if it were, why attack when there are 10 people there unless you plan to die or are trying to bait others into giving you cause so you can "seek retribution" for something you're the aggressor in to begin with?  To be honest it's the bystanders who should be seeking retribution on you for attacking their city mate in front of them, in my opinion.
  • @Kiet in this case we were holding a group prayer in Jaru. Dude was trying to collect a bounty, came in to the prayer group, and attacked. At that point, calling anyone in the group attacking him 'provocation' for later attacks is pretty weak, and calling it a 'fight that didn't concern' any Targossian there is even weaker.

Jumping individuals later is not illegal by game rules, and it might be totally in the guy's RP, but just because it's IC doesn't mean it's not dickish. 

• Torinn said:
    Your presumption that person A has done something to be attacked is often incorrect.  And even if it were, why attack when there are 10 people there unless you plan to die or are trying to bait others into giving you cause so you can "seek retribution" for something you're the aggressor in to begin with?  To be honest it's the bystanders who should be seeking retribution on you for attacking their city mate in front of them, in my opinion.
    If person A has done nothing to be attacked and is an innocent angel then they can hire or issue themselves. From personal experience, people always claim they did nothing to be attacked, but rarely is it actually true unless timux or daijo or someone like that is active.

From personal experience, too, if you kill people that jump into your fights enough, they stop doing it and then you can just quietly take that bounty without (too many) people interfering. If you're a prolific bounty hunter or mark, there's no reason you should wait for Bob Neveralone to be alone in the nebulous future when you can just take a risk now rather than have your bounty decay before he afks on guards for the remaining 5 days.

Bystanders have no claim to retribution, because you have no 'right' to take PK-offense to someone else being ganked.

Jiraishin said:
    @Kiet in this case we were holding a group prayer in Jaru. Dude was trying to collect a bounty, came in to the prayer group, and attacked. At that point, calling anyone in the group attacking him 'provocation' for later attacks is pretty weak, and calling it a 'fight that didn't concern' any Targossian there is even weaker.

Jumping individuals later is not illegal by game rules, and it might be totally in the guy's RP, but just because it's IC doesn't mean it's not dickish. 
    I sincerely doubt the guy asked 'hey is this a group prayer in jaru' before going in, he likely just saw someone that rarely leaves city outside the city.

It still concerns no one but the people involved, though, by the usual interpretation of our pk rules. Unless you personally, your shrine, or your city are being attacked, it's none of your business. You can't get issued for defending people usually, of course, so there's some recognition of your reasoning to defend. It doesn't mean you don't get pk'd later.
  • @Kiet can, yeah. I acknowledge that. Should, eh. Doesn't concern me, absolutely not. RP-wise, standing there twiddling my thumbs while a citymate is attacked in front of me during a prayer service is absolutely ridiculous.

As for not knowing it was a prayer service, ok, but I sent him a tell regarding that after jump attempt #1 and was told 'you stepped in, you're going to be hunted'.

As we've been having this discussion, dude tried to radiance me while I stood in Targ. It's not going to intimidate me into not defending people, it just makes me seriously fucking annoyed and not like the person very much.

• edited September 2018
    You have to channel your inner anime where some weak guy gets angry that he can't defend someone he cares about then he trains really hard and gets all these powers then beats up the bad guy many times after, the end. 

Or just go alch, just need to count to 8 since it's mostly smart affs while the other guy gets para-pressured hard and throw the bomb thing that knocks someone out of the room if you're in danger, unless they nerfed that

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

[ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]
  • You do have a right to take pk offense at someone else attacking a city mate especially when you're in the presence of the offensive action.  
  • Pretty sure I walked into Jaru, and Micaelis duked it out with me and then ran back to you guys and me not knowing it was a ritual.

Totally fair, I'm a huge dick.
  • edited September 2018
    Then micaelis needs to burn at the stake! Buuuurn!  But I don't blame the people who responded.
  • Hey, most of the time bounties have to be completed on the off chance that the target isn’t sitting on a guard stack. I don’t fault the attacker in the least for attacking during a small gathering or for chasing down defenders. None of that would happen if there was no timer on bounty completion.
    Give us -real- shop logs! Not another misinterpretation of features we ask for, turned into something that either doesn't help at all, or doesn't remotely resemble what we wanted to begin with.

Thanks!

Current position of some of the playerbase, instead of expressing a desire to fix problems:

Vhaynna: "Honest question - if you don't like Achaea or the current admin, why do you even bother playing?"

• Ismay said:
    None of that would happen if there was no timer on bounty completion.
    Lol.
  • I don't blame the attacker for giving it a shot, I don't blame the defenders for assisting a citymate.  I blame the bounty target for rushing into citymates and drawing them into the conflict, and I blame the attacker for chasing down the citymates later who were just defending a friend and had no context.