What Happened To You Today?

Comments

• MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    Welcome back!
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • Melodie said:
    Welcome back!
    Thank you! Would you happen to know what's up with these trade seals and jeweler's loupe I seemed to have, and what happened to my tailor's and jeweller's license? I know they're related somehow.

(Clan): Ictinus says, "Stop it Jiraishin, you're making me like you."
    edited August 2018
    Jiraishin said:
    Melodie said:
    Welcome back!
    Thank you! Would you happen to know what's up with these trade seals and jeweler's loupe I seemed to have, and what happened to my tailor's and jeweller's license? I know they're related somehow.
    So when we got trade skills put in (HELP TRADESKILLS), they refunded all licenses of all sorts, to everyone. So the loupe is an item that allows you to create any jewellery designs you own and are made (aka not just owned but designed) by you, even if you're no longer a licensed jeweller. There's also a needle and a ladle/spoon, for tailoring and cooking respectively. You can either use the seals to buy the license back, or you can trade them in for 200cr each. Up to you!

Main takeaway is that beyond the first two trade skills, there's an increasing lesson cost, percentage-wise. Also, if you read UUC news 328 (I assume you're in UUC still), that has a nice little FAQ about everything to help you with commands and whatnot.
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • JiraishinJiraishin skulking
    edited August 2018
    When I logged in yesterday, I was only in 2 clans: the Vastel Lineage and Mudlet Clan. UUC, nope.

Anyways, thank you for the info! Do you know how exactly you use the seals? As in, the commands that I can't see because I'm not in UUC </3 anymore?

Ah, well, you can get back into the UUC if you ask someone in it. Post from there!

UUC NEWS #328                                           (01/01/2015 at 01:19)  
    From   : Librarian Lady Madelyne Jinx-Sehr'asa, Twinkly Twirler
    To     : The Clan of United Union of Crafters
    Subject: Tradeskill FAQ
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    How to Re-Gain Your Crafting Skills

1. Go by the license/permit using the trade seal as payment. (It will use the seal instead of credits automatically)

*** IF YOU ONLY WANT TO CRAFT YOUR OWN THINGS, THEN STOP HERE. ***

*** IF YOU WANT TO MAKE NEW ITEMS AND CRAFT FROM ORG LISTS, THEN CONTINUE ***

2. Go to Amarisse and ASK AMARISSE GAIN (crafting skill).

3. Go to a tutor and spend lessons to gain abilities in the skill like normal. In case you've forgotten, HELP LEARNING is a great place to start.

Other FAQ from Clan Discussion
    =======================================

How Do I Get a Crafting Permit?
    -- Go and buy the license as normal. It uses the bronze trade seal as payment instead of credits.

How Do I Trade in a License I No Longer Want?
    -- ARTEFACT <item> TRADEIN

What's the Point of the Crafting Items?
    -- The shears, spoon, and loupe allow you to create items from your personal NDS list only. (Sorry, no org-owned items at this time.)

Do I Have to Turn in Crafting Items (shears, spoon, and loupe) if I Gain the Skills?
    -- You can keep them forever. You don't -need- them if you relearn the skill. The items will not decay if you regain the skill, and are nodecay/resetting.
  • You have successfully nullified an assassination contract that had been taken out on you! You just received message #15538 from Achaea.

Well okay, I'll take it. :sunglasses:

• One of my fastest non-relic run throughs of the sidhe. ~127k per hour.

• Got a special task from my House. Turned out to be the same thing I do for a living in real life (I'm an editor).

I don't know whether to laugh, be happy I'll be able to show off some aptitude, or be sad that I'm taking breaks from copy-editing one thing by copy-editing another.

• Had an awesome conversation with @Proficy
  • edited August 2018
    Conspiracy and hate aside, there are strong archetypal parallels motivating the choice. Both YHWH and Twilight are deities who emerged from a set pantheon, in a world who already recognizes another supreme god, and already has a Creation Myth. Both have opted to garner a small cabal of followers who would later come to throw down the ancient pantheon and make them the sole divine, usurping the title of Creator.

The exact same archetype can be found in Sacrifice's character of Stratos.

https://imgur.com/uLKMk

• I'm also under the impression that more recent Twilights have been focusing a lot more on the Great Work (see above archetypal presentation) than on elaborating the pseudo-Kabbalah. At least I hope they did, but I haven't been involved in Order matters for over a decade now.

• MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway
    Jiraishin said:
    So I'm reading a scroll on Darkness and it's full of transliterated Hebrew and pseudo-Kabbalistic concepts, and it's... weird to me. Because on one hand, I know that a lot (pretty much all) the cults of Achaea are bastardizations of some real world religion, or possibly the works of HP Lovecraft. On the other hand, though, I just really don't like the whole thing with Kabbalah and Gematria being used to represent the manipulative God of Darkness. It's a bit disturbing and personal because I'm an observant Jew IRL (I missed the giant Bal'met showdown because of religious obligations, in fact) and have met people who were literally convinced that a cabal of Jews were manipulating the world from the shadows. It's not, in fact, that uncommon a belief. I've occasionally had to fear for my safety because of these people, too. So I'm uncomfortable with this particular set of associations, where Jewish mysticism is being associated with shadowy manipulation.

I considered putting this in rants, but it's not really a rant. It's just... weird and uncomfortable.
    @Jiraishin I am not 100% sure about this but I have heard that Profit drove a lot of those things himself when he was a member of the order of Darkness and he was also a practicing Jew irl.

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • edited September 2018
    There are references and uses of Kaballah and the Sephirot that were taken and transformed to become Dark teachings yes, but it is more of the idea of them used to describe a 'mystery' of the universe type concept. Sort of the basis of the construction of creation and where Twilight is in all of it. In truth, I really cant think of a singular faith concept in Achaea that does not or did not have correlations to real life concepts.. (A popular one I used to enjoy was that Shaitan is literally Devil in Islam, Shayatin is the name of the devil's army).

Almost all fantasy concepts in Achaea have some relation to other fantasy stories. That is just how fantasy is these days. Like they say, nothing new is created anymore, it is all just bits and pieces taken from original ideas.

• Asmodron said:
    There are references and uses of Kaballah and the Sephirot that were taken and transformed to become Dark teachings yes, but it is more of the idea of them used to describe a 'mystery' of the universe type concept. Sort of the basis of the construction of creation and where Twilight is in all of it. In truth, I really cant think of a singular faith concept in Achaea that does not or did not have correlations to real life concepts.. (A popular one I used to enjoy was that Shaitan is literally Devil in Islam, Shayatin is the name of the devil's army).

Almost all fantasy concepts in Achaea have some relation to other fantasy stories. That is just how fantasy is these days. Like they say, nothing new is created anymore, it is all just bits and pieces taken from original ideas.

I get that, it's the pairing of Kabbalah with the "shadowy conspiracy manipulating the world" thing that makes me uncomfortable.

• Jiraishin said:
    Asmodron said:

I get that, it's the pairing of Kabbalah with the "shadowy conspiracy manipulating the world" thing that makes me uncomfortable.

If it makes you feel any better, it isnt really Kabbalah or anything actually of the Jewish faith. It's an entirely made up concept that just has the Kabbalah framework mixed in there. It's like with the whole Shaitan thing, it isnt actually islamic devil worshipping, it's just the framework used.
  • Fun little late night raid defense with @Kiet and @Anze (@Ameer jumped in towards the end).  Eleusis pushed them out but not without losses.  Good times.

• Hunted my way to 51, found someone nice enough to let me learn to transcendent on my Runewarden (rogue), and took on weapon and armour smithing.

Having quite a bit of fun. May look at a city or just live out on my own and maybe pursue the merchants. Who knows.