What Happened To You Today?

Comments

• For the last month or so, I've been noticing a general quietness, stagnancy. I'm unsure if it is game-wide, but it's a little demotivating, as someone else mentioned to me. It seems to be getting worse. Does anyone else get the same vibe? Are we worried?
    Give us -real- shop logs! Not another misinterpretation of features we ask for, turned into something that either doesn't help at all, or doesn't remotely resemble what we wanted to begin with.

Thanks!

Current position of some of the playerbase, instead of expressing a desire to fix problems:

Vhaynna: "Honest question - if you don't like Achaea or the current admin, why do you even bother playing?"

• Summer slump?
     <3 
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    School holidays are over!
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• People are venturing into the horrid place known as "Outside", I believe!
    Give us -real- shop logs! Not another misinterpretation of features we ask for, turned into something that either doesn't help at all, or doesn't remotely resemble what we wanted to begin with.

Thanks!

Current position of some of the playerbase, instead of expressing a desire to fix problems:

Vhaynna: "Honest question - if you don't like Achaea or the current admin, why do you even bother playing?"

• Just enjoying warm Nebraskan weather with family before it turns into a meat locker in a month or two.

It's either surface of the sun or arctic tundra here--no inbetweens and subject to change without warning  :p
  • @Katalyst doesn’t matter; saved doggo. 

• @Ismay A week break has turned into a two month hiatus, and I can't really find the desire to start playing again. :/
    Friendships and community really play a big factor into this. Instead of destroying my character and breaking off to a new faction, re-rolling a new character, or sticking around and being a general bitter bitch to people because of x, y, z I'm playing other games for the time being.

Maybe that'll change in the future. Everyone comes back to Achaea eventually.
  • It is a black hole.  None can escape for long.
    Deucalion says, "Torinn is quite nice."
  • That was me, I tried to stay in Mhaldor cuz I had a twin and friends and family in Mhaldor, but I ended up just happier and for the better elsewhere. Tons of people have moved and done things, and as long as you keep up playing and develop your character - honestly, what's the worst that could happen? 
  • Joining a new city doesn't destroy your character unless you treat them like revolving doors and join and leave every other day.
  • Every time I've moved cities it's been a major point of development for my character. It's not something to be taken lightly, but it's also a massive opportunity to progress your own character's story and to experience something new with a new group of people. 

10/10, would recommend.
  • It all comes down to if you can make a good story out of it.  Does it make sense for your character?  Does it seem hasty or just arbitrary?  That sort of thing.  
  • Never regretted changing cities. If anything I regret staying too long in some places.

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • Your character's a tool for you to enjoy the game. If you aren't enjoying the game because of your character, simply play your character differently. Don't like the faction? Change factions! Philosophy in Achaea is remarkably easy to twist so that any faction's ideology can be said to be the 'right' one. That's part of the fun! Don't restrict yourself with some self-imposed rule about how you have to play, or even what everyone else thinks. Rule number one is to have fun. If that's not happening, it's time for a change.

i'm a rebel

• If you're having fun not playing, don't play. 

No one's paying you to play Achaea, let alone do stuff you don't feel like doing. There's this automatic response people have of saying "Come back, it'll all be great!" Enjoy your free time the way you want, doing what you want!

One habit I've picked up that's personally made my time much more enjoyable (and limited) is to never log into Achaea unless I have a specific reason to. Whether it's a raid, or attending/running an event, or writing a post, having a specific purpose in mind makes it feel much more enjoyable, rather than logging in and seeing what happens, or just out of habit. Best of luck!
  • Trying to have fun with some group skirmishes, and keep losing connection. After the 6th connection loss. I gave up. (Internet line got cut by construction so I'm down to hotspot for now :-1: )

• Relevant to Targossian event.

• KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    Another marathon seamonstering session, have now hit the 1000 mark for seamonster kills :)

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • Apparently the weather system got fixed because there was a thunderstorm in Mhaldor.

We briefly assumed @Vastar was pissed at something/us.
  • Why not both? 

• Dunn, that is equal parts disturbing and impressive.  Whoever wrote that, well done.
  • What is that, I want that