What Happened To You Today?

Comments

• Mathilda said:
    Considering Eleusis, Dunn, and Jhui, nonengagement probably is the wiser move. Of course, there are easy workarounds, such as resigning from military but still going for defenses.
    yeah. I can deal with them two scrubs on my own. The rest can chill.
  • Clearly obvious how to raise morale:

• KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    No-one wants to see Xaden in a tiny miniskirt.

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • Klendathu said:
    Says you.
         He is a coward who has to bring two friends as backup to jump people hunting.

• Xaden said:
    Klendathu said:
    Says you.
    Says pretty much anyone with eyes that work.

• Pyori said:
    Xaden said:
    Klendathu said:
    Says you.
    :(
         He is a coward who has to bring two friends as backup to jump people hunting.

• edited July 2018
    Pyori said:
    Xaden said:
    Klendathu said:
    Says you.
    Why you gotta hate on @Mezghar like that. Rude.
  • Hit 600 kills today and watched Proficy steal some corsets

#funtimes.

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • Proficy is our underpants thief. Hail Mhaldor!
    Give us -real- shop logs! Not another misinterpretation of features we ask for, turned into something that either doesn't help at all, or doesn't remotely resemble what we wanted to begin with.

Thanks!

Current position of some of the playerbase, instead of expressing a desire to fix problems:

Vhaynna: "Honest question - if you don't like Achaea or the current admin, why do you even bother playing?"

• It's been a couple days now, but I've just returned from months of not playing. Left Mhaldor (sorry guys, I just wasn't feeling it), quit apostate, decided to go with a class I know next to nothing about and join Eleusis. Between dodging ganks and trying to learn a completely new class, I'm actually enjoying the game again. I finally just set up my bashing attack last night, so there's a start...haha.
  • Return to the game after some 10 years out of game. Slowly trying to get myself caught up when...

...I signed in during a lunch break for some "light" reading of the news/help files, find my grove burned to a husk by Shryke as he laughs sinisterly behind darkness. In a panic I sign off, eat my lunch, sign by back on, and find said Shryke being hunted/piked in Eleusis and my grove somewhat restored.

I promptly ask "what the heck just happened!?" as the crew in Eleusis provide to me a crash course in how Grove combat/destruction work now. Thinking I was making progress I find myself going back to the help files again and realizing there are a LOT more classes, a LOT more changes to my abilities, and this new "CURING" system and server-side optimization...

Yeah, crash course with death and destruction as a motivator, welcome back to Achaea!

• Darkstal said:
    Return to the game after some 10 years out of game. Slowly trying to get myself caught up when...

...I signed in during a lunch break for some "light" reading of the news/help files, find my grove burned to a husk by Shryke as he laughs sinisterly behind darkness. In a panic I sign off, eat my lunch, sign by back on, and find said Shryke being hunted/piked in Eleusis and my grove somewhat restored.

I promptly ask "what the heck just happened!?" as the crew in Eleusis provide to me a crash course in how Grove combat/destruction work now. Thinking I was making progress I find myself going back to the help files again and realizing there are a LOT more classes, a LOT more changes to my abilities, and this new "CURING" system and server-side optimization...

Yeah, crash course with death and destruction as a motivator, welcome back to Achaea!

He performed Grove Extermination.  It has been a thing for almost 20 years iirc.  Gives necromancers essence by destroying Nature.  

Eleusis has a return-the-favor now though, where we can reclaim red fog on Mhaldor Isle for Nature.  So there is that.

• KyrraKyrra Australia
    I got to meet Mudflower and chat for a bit with @Mezghar today until Farrah killed the conversation quite literally.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• b-but you guys ganked her...
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    Kiet said:
    b-but you guys ganked her...
    I didn't do anything except turn up for something I was expecting and receive insults from those present.

I actually defended Mezghar when he got ganked by some Hashani serpent and got radianced as a thanks. Some people are just rude.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• As a completely neutral third party she wasn't really rude at all. Kriex sort of was, but you ganked farrah not him
  • Kyrra didn't gank anyone, though. She stood there while I ganked them, sure.

• Yeah, but neither did Farrah. Why is she being blamed for breaking up the conversation or being rude? lol
  • Didn’t farrah radiance kyrra?
  • edited July 2018
    Judging by deathsight history on Discord... Yep.

2018-07-13 04:01:30 - Kyrra was slain by Farrah.

• Caelan said:

He performed Grove Extermination.  It has been a thing for almost 20 years iirc.  Gives necromancers essence by destroying Nature.  

Eleusis has a return-the-favor now though, where we can reclaim red fog on Mhaldor Isle for Nature.  So there is that.
    Yeah, though when I played before, it was an elementalist spell? That and I had used Preservation, which as it would turn out didn't do anything against this with regards to my grove.

I'm going through the news feed right now, and there apparently has bee a number of changes. How Preservation was bypassed among many other things that was just new/odd (My golem/hive didn't do much, and I had thought I did other things to prevent such things from happening?)

I've yet to really delve into all the changes  yet, and I read somewhere about Vivify, but even that seems to have changed. Hoping to join a house soon and hopefully get more help.
  • Preservation lasts one in game year, afaik

• Pyori said:
    Judging by deathsight history on Discord... Yep.

2018-07-13 04:01:30 - Kyrra was slain by Farrah.

That's nearly 45 minutes after what we're talking about though I'm pretty sure?
  • edited July 2018
    That’s exactly what Kyrra is talking about. This was a separate conversation. 

• Oh wtf. Mudflower gets around then to be at this many gatherings.
  • It was the same situation. She was doing something or another related to the shipment, I was ganked because of it for some reason, so I held her responsible. I was actually going to leave her alone but she started sending me tells and I was annoyed. Since the why of why I was ganked was kept hush hush, she was clearly involved in some way as the only Ashtani present before the gank hit, and she's defiled over 100 shrines to my god probably in the past year, I wasn't very concerned about killing her once. I'm sure she has attacked me at the scene of shrines, as well.

You can't retaliate for most Ashtani ganks since the gankers literally only leave Ashtan when they're ganking again. Sometimes you just have to smash one of their eventers since that's what they do to us constantly.
  • Not sure how I was being rude either. All I said was a dwarf shouldnt trust a human with wings.
  • Farrah said:

You can't retaliate for most Ashtani ganks since the gankers literally only leave Ashtan when they're ganking again. Sometimes you just have to smash one of their eventers since that's what they do to us constantly.
    So, not judging or anything.... but reading this literally hurts me on the inside.....mostly because it should be like this 100% (switching out ashtani for anyone)

I've been issued so many times over my time here for acting like this... labeled as a certain type and what not. But still somehow when ever someone else goes about it this way its encouraged and ok :(

Should of put this in rants
  • I'm not sure what situation you were issued for, but I doubt the facts were the same. If you can't handle one death after literally tons of mass defiling, you really shouldn't be defiling at all (and Kyrra didn't seem terribly worked up over it). I'm not condoning ganking people who haven't done anything. I just usually wouldn't pick on the non-coms at all, if I could hit the fighters back without having to 1v3. The gank made me decide to hit back when I otherwise wasn't because I'm really not the type who hunts people down regularly for every offense.
  • KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    edited July 2018
    Not wishing to speak for anyone else, but I don't honestly think Kyrra is bothered about one radiance kill, in the same way I wasn't bothered about being ganked when I was AFK in Chapel of All Gods yesterday (by a different Targossian), having been distracted and forgotten where I was.

To be fair, any Ashtani in Jaru should probably be considered as involved in the shrine conflict there (there's no reason to go to Jaru for anything else, except maybe Jeffrey's candy), the same as the Farethi are considering any Targossasians in Arcadia to be there for nefarious reasons.

Kyrra and I have both put ourselves front and centre in this conflict, so a few deaths here and there are inconsequential in the grand scheme, regardless of what else is going on.

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."