Hail, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Welcome to the Achaea Forums! Please be sure to read the Forum Rules.

What Happened To You Today?

Comments

• AsmodronAsmodron Member Posts: 2,529 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    edited June 5
    You tell Malfurion, "You best be a druid..."

Malfurion tells you, "No."

What a missed opportunity...
    XiasAntidas
  • PyoriPyori Member Posts: 858 ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
    Haha, I get it. Because Malfurion was a druid from Warcraft.

PlakAralaya
  • JinosJinos Member Posts: 23 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    Switched classes recently, so I've been immersed in learning a lot of new things. I really appreciate the structure. It feels like I can almost wrap my mind around what's happening in the arena, exactly in the moment while sparring. Rather than playing catchup.

Had a blast during the raid defense earlier! Amidst all the chaos and confusion it was the most fun I've had in a long while.  =)
    "There's a time to take damage. There's a time to deal it. There's a time to ignore all else, and do your best to heal it. Then there's a time to laugh while they all burn." - HL
    Ismay
  • IsmayIsmay Member Posts: 583 ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
    It was awesome. Died a time or two, but copied @Tasuu and rained. Ended up with like 9 kills, which is the most I've ever had. Felt like I landed a d-bomb.

Was laughing like a mad woman the entire time I kept trying to fly/rain, and @Bronislav (I think it was) kept becalming me. I have to say, that was one of the most fun raids I've seen in a long time, aside from the lvl 2 tank we pulled off last night. :3
    SherazadTasuuJinos
  • DunnDunn The great Buffalo tundraMember, Secret Squirrel Posts: 6,005 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Ygia said:
    You are now a Master Blacksmith - one of the finest smiths alive.

I may not be able to fight worth a damn, but I can at least make things for people and be semi-useful that way. c:
    Everyone is important on my team :)

not @Cyr tho 

Kresslack
  • PyoriPyori Member Posts: 858 ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
    Dunn said:
    Ygia said:
    You are now a Master Blacksmith - one of the finest smiths alive.

I may not be able to fight worth a damn, but I can at least make things for people and be semi-useful that way. c:
    Everyone is important on my team :)

not @Cyr tho 
    You forgot the :) on the 2nd sentence

• DunnDunn The great Buffalo tundraMember, Secret Squirrel Posts: 6,005 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    I did not. 

TysandrAziik
  • AtalkezAtalkez Member Posts: 4,727 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Conveniently misplaced.

Next raid, let’s not use guards @Dunn :angry:

You hug Aurora compassionately.
  • MezgharMezghar Member Posts: 72 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    edited June 6
    Ygia is one of my favorite people. Back the fk off, @dunn I know where u live. She is not coming to live in your swamp.
    edited June 6
    Atalkez said:
    Conveniently misplaced.

They never came on call lol, @Atalkez. Hirst never took them off hold position. That was all just conc beckon into totem. 

Hirst made up for it by one shot timewarping retardation several times, thankfully. 

Truax
  • FarrahFarrah Member, Secret Squirrel Posts: 1,990 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Dunn said:
    Atalkez said:
    Conveniently misplaced.

They never came on call lol, @Atalkez. Hirst never took them off hold position. That was all just conc beckon into totem. 

Hirst made up for it by one shot timewarping retardation several times, thankfully. 

The threat means a lot in terms of how we fight/react to things, though. For example, I was originally blocking but when you called for help, I leapt southeast to try to cut off the guards (who, of course, didn't come). But then I go back northwest and everyone but me ends up getting beckoned. Hard to say it wouldn't have made a difference if I didn't have to worry about guards in an already difficult matchup.

You guys definitely had a good shot of winning either way, though, which is why we were so surprised they were moved to begin with. Would be nice if people at least humoured us without going overkill while we're nub Targ. :(

The timewarps and truenames do not make up for it. They just emphasize how much Occultist needs to be deleted. :angry:

Achilles
    edited June 6
    Next time. We had plenty more fights sans guards after that last night. Was a busy one. 

New guard pump fake meta tho

• FarrahFarrah Member, Secret Squirrel Posts: 1,990 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    I just want to not raid at all because raids have been almost always unfun lately (we just don't have the people to deal with guards/totems/font powers when we can barely win without those as factors) but certain other people really want to tank someone. 

Stupid peer pressure and sad dragon puppy eyes.
    TorinnAsmodronXiasTysandr
    edited June 6
    There was a period of time where I felt the same way within the last year or so. Tough feeling. And you don’t have yourself an @Austere to lead when you’re not around so I feel for you :(

Also obligatory @GoneLord

I am still in favor of no guard movements post sanction fwiw

AustereTruaxXias
  • AtalkezAtalkez Member Posts: 4,727 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    I’m all about no movement during sanction, there’s enough ways to counter a raid group without relying on them, imo.

You hug Aurora compassionately.
  • AsmodronAsmodron Member Posts: 2,529 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Fully agree.

Personally I wouldnt mind if other changes were implemented with the guard mechanic. Just so much about it I dislike.
  • ExelethrilExelethril Member Posts: 3,297 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    nub Targ best Targ

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

[ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]
  • KresslackKresslack Florida, United StatesMember Posts: 5,805 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Klendathu said:
    Saw this in the Azdun catacombs today, is it new?

Out of seemingly nowhere, the faintest glint of a set of beady eyes glare back towards you from among the dark of the catacombs.

I've seen this too, but I can't remember the last time. Think it might be something to do with the vampires.

• MathildaMathilda Member Posts: 869 ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
     <3 
  • AchillesAchilles Los AngelesMember Posts: 2,449 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Why did Hashan just lose half their army?
    Check Menace :D
     <3 
  • OzmatiahOzmatiah Member Posts: 75 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    Mathilda said:
    I left for reasons few understand or know, and even more will guess and be wrong.

• JonathinJonathin Retirement hole.Member Posts: 3,299 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Dafuq. I leave for 5 minutes and you guys are already wrecking up the place

My site will remain up, but will not be maintained. The repository will continue to have scripts added to it if I decide to play another game. Maybe I'll see you around in Starmourn!
    Tutorials and scripts  The Repository

• PlakPlak Member Posts: 78 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    Ozmatiah said:
    Mathilda said:
    I left for reasons few understand or know, and even more will guess and be wrong.

H00t! You know what the next step is, Owlman.
    Ozmatiah
    Cyrene's looking mighty fine I must say
     <3 
  • KyrraKyrra Sanctum of the SkyMember Posts: 4,707 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    The sound of wings and crackling lightning echoes across the Quarterdeck of the Hoalanatha.

You say in a refined, velvety voice, "I'd be interested in a steady supply if it were possible,
    less of a one-off sort of deal."

A shadowy bandit says, "Why, me, of course. I would hardly... hmm. Do you hear that?"

An armoured Stormshaper flies in, quickly adopting a battle stance.

A heavily armoured Stormshaper advances upon a shadowy bandit, blade whirling in deadly arcs.
    There is little to no resistance as the weapon cleaves into his flesh, scything and slashing 
    with unconquered skill.

A shadowy bandit falls before the assault of a heavily armoured Stormshaper.

You say in a refined, velvety voice, "It's likely an incoming Storm."

A heavily armoured Stormshaper says, "Yes."

A heavily armoured Stormshaper says, "It was."
    Granted this was at 6:50am this morning while I was desperately trying to get dressed and leave for work :D
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

KresslackTysandrTruax
  • SobriquetSobriquet Member Posts: 2,023 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Mathilda said:
    Check Menace :D
    Where? Or have we stopped ranting and just starting quitting?

I know I was logged on drunk last night but I don't remember a thing... 
    KrizalLisbethae
  • MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, FloridaMember Posts: 4,825 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    edited June 7
    I don't think anyone tried to claim it was griefing? At least not here where anyone else can see it. So... bringing it up yourself is unhelpful.

That said, always sad (and confusing, personally) to see a chunk of players quit close together, even if for unrelated reasonings. @Datrius man, who am I going to complain about Marco's Pizza being so expensive to now? But wish y'all the best wherever you end up.
    "You have had an extraordinary adventure, my dear. Extraordinary! One that few people could ever imagine. Treasure it. Keep it safe and secure, tucked away in some special place in your heart. 

But... don't spend the rest of your days chasing a ghost."
    SherazadXias
Sign In to Comment.