Tl;dr
    • Hashan leadership talks shit.
    • Orgs retaliate
    • People get pissy
    • IC war turns to Forums war
    • MUCH SALT
    tada
    FTFY..
    You're not the one I was saying was being salty ;)
  • edited May 2018
    Nataliia said:

Oh..  I wasn't getting the vibe anyone was salty. Carry on!  I want to see where this goes :D

• Caelan said:
    Nataliia said:
    Oh..  I wasn't getting the vibe anyone was salty. Carry on!  I want to see where this goes :D
    Maybe not in this thread, but this argument has fanned out over several threads, including what... 3-4 pages in actual rants? It is amusing though.
  • Much like Star Lord, people vent out emotions after suffering loss. Not being salty, just being human. :)
     <3 
  • This... is a game...

Nobody has died. Nobody was maimed. Nobodies intimate parts have been defiled.

Nobody has suffered loss.

If you feel like any of the above has happened to you after events in achaea then you should contact a mental health professional.

</public service announcement>
         He is a coward who has to bring two friends as backup to jump people hunting.

• Aegis said:
    Asmodron said:
    The majority of us long since saw the Aegean conflict over when Aegis had to seal off his temple and send invincible mobs into Siroccian to counter the defilers. The entire affair feels over and done at this point, but using excuses for it is meh.
    If you're complaining that it is impossible, it simply means you haven't tried hard enough. Onwards and upwards, O fearsome mortal! Where is My entertainment?
    The roaming squad of knights isn't unkillable afaik, all the stuff in the Siroccians was just neat flavor added by Aegis cause why should a God contribute to our immersion?

We assumed the conflict was over to but you all still insist on defiling while ignoring the fact that Mhaldor and Eleusis were both way more actively attacking you. 
  • Caelan was the primary reason why things with Eleusis started up at all; from our perspective he's representing both Aegis and Eleusis so of course we'd be inclined to hit both :D
     <3 
  • @Mathilda the argument and emotional upheaval over guard killing is just silly. City guard bashing has been a thing since IRE's inception, across every IRE game ever. Maybe it became less of a thing over time because the incredible amount of whining about it is more headache than it's worth, but it's not like it's a new concept.

Also, from an IC vantage point, why WOULDN'T Mhaldor wipe out Hashan's citizens (denizens are citizens after all, and the Seven Truths basically say SMASH ALL THE THINGS THAT ARE WEAK)? Completely, 110% IC to march on what they perceive as weaker forces. It does not make them dicks, it makes them Evil, zealous, devout followers of Sartan, because when he says jump, they say how fucking high.

As another aside, why wouldn't an enemy city (especially one who's declared hostilities) not want to wipe out a city's funds? Depleting a city's gold is its own form of warfare. I mean, starving people out and such isn't a new concept, per se.

@Morthif @Aegis the flavor mobs/trenches/etc. in the Siroccian are awesome. More of this prz.
  • Dunn said:
    I saw what she wrote, but @minifie is just like those guys commenting on news stories. Raving mad and not worth the time! :)
  • Mathilda said:
    Caelan was the primary reason why things with Eleusis started up at all; from our perspective he's representing both Aegis and Eleusis so of course we'd be inclined to hit both :D
    Ashtan next then! Majority of aegeans are ashtani after all. :)
  • Just post all the fights in log form to combat logs plz. 
  • Rangor said:
    Dunn said:
    I saw what she wrote, but @minifie is just like those guys commenting on news stories. Raving mad and not worth the time! :)
    For someone not worth the time you sure enjoy coming to my isle bby <3
  • Nataliia said:
    @Mathilda the argument and emotional upheaval over guard killing is just silly. City guard bashing has been a thing since IRE's inception, across every IRE game ever. Maybe it became less of a thing over time because the incredible amount of whining about it is more headache than it's worth, but it's not like it's a new concept.

Also, from an IC vantage point, why WOULDN'T Mhaldor wipe out Hashan's citizens (denizens are citizens after all, and the Seven Truths basically say SMASH ALL THE THINGS THAT ARE WEAK)? Completely, 110% IC to march on what they perceive as weaker forces. It does not make them dicks, it makes them Evil, zealous, devout followers of Sartan, because when he says jump, they say how fucking high.

As another aside, why wouldn't an enemy city (especially one who's declared hostilities) not want to wipe out a city's funds? Depleting a city's gold is its own form of warfare. I mean, starving people out and such isn't a new concept, per se.

@Morthif @Aegis the flavor mobs/trenches/etc. in the Siroccian are awesome. More of this prz.
    A couple of things:

1) From an IC vantage point, it would make sense for Targossas and Mhaldor to kill any novice from the opposing city just because they're ideologically anathema to one another and any opportunity for one side to grow stronger is a detriment for the other. SMASH ALL THE THINGS THAT ARE WEAK, you know.

But we don't do that, because we acknowledge that all our IC actions have to be tempered by our OOC personas, and things like going after the newbies ("the weak") is wholly detrimental to the game. It's also why, despite those couple of months following Jhui's disappearance and Ashtan became nearly deserted from a combatant point of view, none of the other cities went on a guard killing spree even though it would "make sense" to remove an enemy while he is weak.

2) Was it a valid move by Mhaldor? Yes. But to say that Hashan has no right to voice complaints is silly.
     <3 
  • Bringing novices into things is a weak argument. They're protected, don't you know! Jeez. Get with the program.

And I didn't say have no complaints, I said they're pretty stupid silly. And, this is the wrong thread. GG!

As for what happened today, and speaking of novices, what is with all the noobs making Dick names today?

Your fellow citizen, Dickhorner, has just escaped imprisonment in the foul pygmy dungeon. Welcome him
    to Ashtan!
  • edited May 2018
    I'd say most people see a difference between raiding during non-peak times and defiling when there's literally 1 aegean on vs your handful of people.

I'm pretty sure in bystanders' eyes aegis won, given deathsight, anyway, so it's not like it matters in the end. Both sides can claim they won in some way.
  • Kiet said:
    I'd say most people see a difference between raiding during non-peak times and defiling when there's literally 1 aegean on vs your handful of people.

I'm pretty sure in bystanders' eyes aegis won, given deathsight, anyway, so it's not like it matters in the end. Both sides can claim they won in some way.
    The real winner is obviously me. I got cupcakes from @Skye
  • The real winner was eleusis.
  • Always is

• Puxi said:
    Mathilda said:
    Haha. If you're feeling proud about the showing of Eleusis+Aegis, keep in mind that you're only half of what Hashan has to deal with on a daily basis. We're getting beat on by Mhaldor and Targossas, too.

Huge, huge props to Hashan for still fighting on and not completely collapsing even when faced with relentless attacks! <3<3<3
    Truth Five: The body may be made stronger through combat.
    they are getting stronger
  • Austere said:
    Last few pages: lol'd. Thanks guys, I needed this today.
    You're just here to steal my shine.  This is all because of MEeeeee!!1!  lolMinifie said:
    @Minifie said:
    The real winner was eleusis.
    *nose*

Actually...  this is kinda true, but for different reasons.  

• Vika said:
    Just post all the fights in log form to combat logs plz. 
    I tried to grab it from the start last night, but there was so much fighting, I only had the last 30 minutes in my buffer...   yeah, awesome times.

• edited May 2018
    Kiet said:
    You seem to have forgotten what all happened the first time it was Twilight's Order vs. Aegis' Order :p. The number of times we wiped them in large-scale group fighting (the majority of them were this) was significantly more than them clearing us out. More than once I was the sole death to the entire Aegean's group dying, even when we had to tag-team from Sapience to Meropis repeatedly  =).
  • We talking just your Order or the random Hashani non members that show up to a lot of fights? 

• Minifie said:
    The real winner was eleusis.
    Undefeated.
  • edited May 2018
    Dunn said:
    We talking just your Order or the random Hashani non members that show up to a lot of fights? 
    It was always a mix, though some of the smaller skirmishes would turn out with only Twilight followers. If normal Hashani were never added it would've been something like 2/3 vs. 6+ most of the time.

Edit: If I'm being realistic the other two (that are not me) were mindless during most of the fights, if even logged on. Krizal was never on during the larger fights excluding one that I remember, so I'm not counting her for this in particular.
  • Sorry, gotta get my free xp
  • Aegis said:
    Asmodron said:
    The majority of us long since saw the Aegean conflict over when Aegis had to seal off his temple and send invincible mobs into Siroccian to counter the defilers. The entire affair feels over and done at this point, but using excuses for it is meh.
    If you're complaining that it is impossible, it simply means you haven't tried hard enough. Onwards and upwards, O fearsome mortal! Where is My entertainment?

Oh ho! Challenge accepted! ^^