What Happened To You Today?

Comments

• AchillesAchilles Los Angeles
    Antonius said:
    Kyrra said:
    I got to implant totems <3

You're welcome!

(It wasn't actually me, people kept disrupting me while I was trying to uproot.)

it was me!  you can send my present via raven thanks.
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    Achilles said:
    Antonius said:
    Kyrra said:

You're welcome!

(It wasn't actually me, people kept disrupting me while I was trying to uproot.)

Why am I not surprised? I can deliver presents in person because unlike some, I behave when visiting other cities!
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• Kyrra said:
    Achilles said:
    Antonius said:
    Kyrra said:

You're welcome!

Why am I not surprised? I can deliver presents in person because unlike some, I behave when visiting other cities!
    We were throwing you a party! The fireworks kinda went off sideways :(
  • dang prof/aegoth are beasts :o Though of course the question with Aegoth is always 'how many of those were from the same team.'

What makes Proficy super impressive is he isn't even using aoe abilities lol, just dedication.

also, peep that kd
  • AchillesAchilles Los Angeles
    those are pretty low kill numbers now.  Jhui and Tanris probably racked those numbers in a month.  the number of raids and skirmishes has definitely gone down but the terms of a fight are definitely more balanced  now.
  • KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    edited July 2017
    Achilles said:
    those are pretty low kill numbers now.  Jhui and Tanris probably racked those numbers in a month.  the number of raids and skirmishes has definitely gone down but the terms of a fight are definitely more balanced now.
    FULLSENSE: Achilles, Nuala, Xaden, Micaelis, Antonius, Mathilda, and Ankhareoutef.

Defenders: Ashmond, Rotose, Spils, Gahnasek, Amanda, Lucumi, Durzaan, Akhunaga, Bann, Emrik, Chubbs.

I logged on to see the tank go off in Ashtan at the end of the second sanctioned raid in 3 hours by Targossas. I'm not complaining, Ashtan has higher, but it's disingenuous to pretend things are balanced when Targossas brings a group of experienced raiders against a bunch of lowbies and non-coms, plus a couple of combatants.

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • edited July 2017
    Wasn't Morthif and Jadys around for that.

EDIT:  Also, there are 0 magi in that group (Ankh dropped Magi, after all).  So, Unless Antonius was magi, ya'll could have used guards.
    Frederich said:

EDIT:  Also, there are 0 magi in that group (Ankh dropped Magi, after all).  So, Unless Antonius was magi, ya'll could have used guards.
    I wasn't there, as I stated, I arrived to see the tank go off. Info coming from city logs.

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • Klendathu said:
    Achilles said:
    those are pretty low kill numbers now.  Jhui and Tanris probably racked those numbers in a month.  the number of raids and skirmishes has definitely gone down but the terms of a fight are definitely more balanced now.
    FULLSENSE: Achilles, Nuala, Xaden, Micaelis, Antonius, Mathilda, and Ankhareoutef.

Defenders: Ashmond, Rotose, Spils, Gahnasek, Amanda, Lucumi, Durzaan, Akhunaga, Bann, Emrik, Chubbs.

I logged on to see the tank go off in Ashtan at the end of the second sanctioned raid in 3 hours by Targossas. I'm not complaining, Ashtan has higher, but it's disingenuous to pretend things are balanced when Targossas brings a group of experienced raiders against a bunch of lowbies and non-coms, plus a couple of combatants.
    Not going to pretend that raid was balanced, because it wasn't - Ashtan was outgunned, despite not being outnumbered. However, that doesn't disprove the underlying point. Not all raids are balanced, but on the whole (despite what the people involved might say at the time), the majority of raids these days are balanced. They're definitely more balanced than they were years ago.

On this specific raid, some explanation of what happened (partly based on what I was told, because I wasn't around for the beginning):

Mathilda and some other Targossians gained a sanction in Ashtan, but didn't have anybody around who could actually place a tank, so they left. When Xaden came around several minutes later, they went back in and placed the tank. When the tank was around 40% (and, by all accounts, the fighting had stopped), I logged in, and came in purely intending to get the experience from the tank detonation (and the credit in Targ logs). When the tank was at 61%, we lost the sanction, despite having - by my count - five, if not six (a couple were moving around smudging/uprooting totems), soldiers inside Ashtan at the time.

Being unwilling to abandon the tank, we tried to gain the sanction back, which I'm sure took longer than both sides would have liked (it definitely took longer than we'd have liked). Once we had the sanction back, we detonated the tank and left as quickly as possible.
    edited July 2017
    Achilles said:
    those are pretty low kill numbers now.  Jhui and Tanris probably racked those numbers in a month.  the number of raids and skirmishes has definitely gone down but the terms of a fight are definitely more balanced  now.
    Antonius said:
    Not going to pretend that raid was balanced, because it wasn't - Ashtan was outgunned, despite not being outnumbered. However, that doesn't disprove the underlying point. Not all raids are balanced, but on the whole (despite what the people involved might say at the time), the majority of raids these days are balanced. They're definitely more balanced than they were years ago.
    It just amused me that Achilles would say things are more balanced now, less than 12 hours after stomping all over Ashtan twice in quick succession. As I said in my earlier post, I'm not complaining, other than if I hadn't had to reset my router three damned times last night, I'd have been logged on 30 minutes earlier and could have joined in defending (and probably sped up the tank detonation!)

• SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
    edited July 2017
    Klendathu said:

...Achilles... ...balanced... 

• edited July 2017
    Frederich said:

No. Jadys logged in for about 2 minutes to check something, and Morthif came about 2.5 hours into it.

When I first noticed it, I felt so bad I went to help (Lord Aegis is Patron so.. kinda made sense a member of the Order aid them) and it was Ankhareoutef, Irimon, Micaelis, Mathilda, and I believe Antonius  vs Chubbs, Ashmond, Amanda, Emrik?, Gha-somethingorother, Rotose, Spils  (of which I believe only Chubbs, Ashmond, and Rotose were defending)

It was very lopsided.  They left, and came back with Xaden, Nuala, and Achilles (if Antonius wasn't around the first time, he was this time)

Ashtan had no monks, 2 serpents, and a magi that wasn't trans enough to do anything of use. Targossas kept radiancing.

• Ahmet said:
    Three more months of Achaea in (mostly accurate) number form:

Deaths: 28415.
    Most deaths: Atalkez (827), Proficy (477), Farrah (455)
      (chill tf out kez)
    Most deadly: Misadventure (1159)
    Most deadly players: Proficy (623), Aegoth (621), Atalkez (444)
    Nice.. and it doesnt even count that my first kill every hour is hidden too... love that cloth
  • @Proficy

If he's using the API, yes it counts that too!

It counts even the hidden deaths.  It's neat.
  • Klendathu said:
    Achilles said:

It does appear a bit lopsided just on the end numbers alone but, for the vast majority of the raid itself, it looked like this (piggybacking off of Antonius' post):

Targossians: Mathilda, Ankhareoutef, Irimon, Micaelis.

Defenders: Whoever, and I don't think the list you have there is accurate (I didn't really see Durzaan, for instance).

And, like Antonius said, most of the group came in just to hop on the experience of the tank deto but we lost sanction mid-tank.

We try to maintain raids as balanced as possible, contrary to popular belief, and we will regularly tell people to leave if it's too lopsided as it discourages group conflict as a whole, something we all enjoy and want to foster. A four-person raid was very reasonable in my eyes and it was just a weird situation that led to more people being there with no sanction in place.
  • I should give in and go monk :(

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • Kyrra said:
    Achilles said:
    Antonius said:
    Kyrra said:

You're welcome!

Except when you use your veil to uproot a hundred totems in city subdivisions undetected.

• Cooper said:
    Except when you use your veil to uproot a hundred totems in city subdivisions undetected.
    That's 25 hours (assuming half time artie) of being undetected in the city. MoS needs to step up their game.
  • edited July 2017
    Jovolo said:
    Penwize is level 140, haha.
    Was he at the keyboard when he got there?

- To love another person is to see the face of G/d
    - Let me get my hat and my knife
    - It's your apple, take a bite
    - Don't dream it ... be it

• I also don't think she's ever owned a veil :/
         He is a coward who has to bring two friends as backup to jump people hunting.

• Who gives a shit about the subdivision?
  • Kyrra legitimately doesn't have a veil idk what the fuck you're talking about @Cooper .
  • KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena
    :facepalm:
  • edited July 2017
    I normally refrain from posting on the forums but I had something funny I kept that was relevant to the earlier posts. @Frederich Here's a snippet from from about 2 and half hours in when basically all that was going on was Durzaan doing monk stuff to try and force people out of the city and the rest of us were sitting next to him because we didn't think we could take Targossas' group on and didn't want to give a tank detonation.

(Party): Morthif has joined your party.
    4564h, 3778m, 21720e, 16800w, 0R -
    (Party): Morthif says, "Lol no."
    (Party): Durzaan says, "FULLSENSE: Achilles, Nuala, Ankhareoutef, Xaden, Mathilda."
    (Party): Durzaan says, "Let's go!"
    (Party): Morthif has left your party.
  • Frederich said:
    Kyrra legitimately doesn't have a veil idk what the fuck you're talking about @Cooper .
    did u know that u can trade in arties?

This was a very long time ago.

• Micaelis said:
    Klendathu said:
    Achilles said:

It does appear a bit lopsided just on the end numbers alone but, for the vast majority of the raid itself, it looked like this (piggybacking off of Antonius' post):

Targossians: Mathilda, Ankhareoutef, Irimon, Micaelis.

Defenders: Whoever, and I don't think the list you have there is accurate (I didn't really see Durzaan, for instance).

And, like Antonius said, most of the group came in just to hop on the experience of the tank deto but we lost sanction mid-tank.

We try to maintain raids as balanced as possible, contrary to popular belief, and we will regularly tell people to leave if it's too lopsided as it discourages group conflict as a whole, something we all enjoy and want to foster. A four-person raid was very reasonable in my eyes and it was just a weird situation that led to more people being there with no sanction in place.
    I wasn't really complaining..  just that I felt bad because it was insanely lopsided.  And there were people coming and going.  I didn't save the log by accident.  For instance Ashmond left and came back a few times, as Durzaan popped in, and then others in/out.   It was just what I remember from memory, not an actual log.

• edited July 2017
    It was lopsided. That's okay! Most fights in the game are lopsided. Feel like it would be a lot more fun for everyone if we could move past that. They were griefy and I'm sure they've been griefed plenty of times in the past to warrant that.

Maybe more cities should mutually acknowledge their griefy hostilities so all timezones can bask in the great sea of grief.

• Anze said:
    It was lopsided. That's okay! Most fights in the game are lopsided. Feel like it would be a lot more fun for everyone if we could move past that. They were griefy and I'm sure they've been griefed plenty of times in the past to warrant that.

Maybe more cities should mutually acknowledge their griefy hostilities so all timezones can bask in the great sea of grief.

Accurate.

We were very griefed by the sanction ending on our 61% charged tank. So we griefed Ashtan because we have daddy issues.

It was a mess, but probably won't happen again. We all felt kinda terrible about it. But not a single one of us wanted to give up a free disarm.
  • There was no one to dismantle until I logged in anyway.