What Happened To You Today?

Comments

• Well, shit :/
         He is a coward who has to bring two friends as backup to jump people hunting.

• AchillesAchilles Los Angeles
    Klendathu said:
    Achilles said:
    those are pretty low kill numbers now.  Jhui and Tanris probably racked those numbers in a month.  the number of raids and skirmishes has definitely gone down but the terms of a fight are definitely more balanced  now.
    Antonius said:
    Not going to pretend that raid was balanced, because it wasn't - Ashtan was outgunned, despite not being outnumbered. However, that doesn't disprove the underlying point. Not all raids are balanced, but on the whole (despite what the people involved might say at the time), the majority of raids these days are balanced. They're definitely more balanced than they were years ago.
    It just amused me that Achilles would say things are more balanced now, less than 12 hours after stomping all over Ashtan twice in quick succession. As I said in my earlier post, I'm not complaining, other than if I hadn't had to reset my router three damned times last night, I'd have been logged on 30 minutes earlier and could have joined in defending (and probably sped up the tank detonation!)
    I meant in the sense that when a raid starts is a lot more balanced.  It used to be griefy as fuck because blowing a tank required I believe 3 people to be summoning a spark at every tick.  There was also area wide attacks (so cata, kai chokes, dopplegangers).  The mistake Targ made yesterday was trying to place a tank too late in a sanction (they couldn't place a tank in the beginning because no Targ was high enough army rank to place), Ashtan defenders had QQed and there's no way to pick up a tank that's been placed (this should be something to add) even after a sanction ends.  So the raiders were faced with abandoning a tank or trying to get a sanction back.  Oh to make matters even worse the raiders would get kills here and there but they were too far apart that Targ would never get the re-sanction.  I was debating messaging one of the defenders with a simple hey let us kill you so we can end this raid otherwise we have to babysit this stupid tank.
  • JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.
    edited July 2017
    So like uh... just let them disarm.

You all screwed up, why do they gotta pay the price?
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
    Jonathin said:
    So like uh... just let them disarm.

You all screwed up, why do they gotta pay the price?
    Mostly began they ran away after sanction and refused to engage, which is why the 1st sanction wore off.  They gamed the system to their own detriment.
  • Clearly we're insecure about the size of our e-peens and couldn't allow this to further humiliate us.
         He is a coward who has to bring two friends as backup to jump people hunting.

• Xaden said:
    Clearly we're insecure about the size of our e-peens and couldn't allow this to further humiliate us.
    This.

• KyrraKyrra Australia
    Cooper said:
    Frederich said:
    Kyrra legitimately doesn't have a veil idk what the fuck you're talking about @Cooper .
    did u know that u can trade in arties?

This was a very long time ago.
    I've never owned a veil, Cooper! I've bought veils for Dunn and Santar, in the past, but I've never owned one myself.

I did trade in a cloaking gem though. Which I got back at Christmas, getting a wrapped gem with the candy canes.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• Oh right, sorry, confused that.

You still went into cities you weren't enemied to and uprooted hundreds of totems in subs.

• Espionage runs in the family. :')
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    edited July 2017
    Cooper said:
    Oh right, sorry, confused that.

You still went into cities you weren't enemied to and uprooted hundreds of totems in subs.
    After Shallam sank and was no longer an actual city, I did go into what was left of the subdivision and uprooted those totems and implanted them into Ashtan's subdivision. I've never actually gone into any actual city subdivisions to uproot totems though.

Uprooting totems isn't really my style. I'm always keen for totem work and I'm happy to help maintain totems for different orgs (I was doing two cities, three houses, and two orders at one stage) but I've never stolen totems from any organisations, including city subs.

Edit: There was only about 80 totems that could be uprooted from Shallam's sunken subdivision and Krypton went past me at least once while I was in the process as well. Definitely nowhere near the hundreds mark!
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• Don't lie! You used to brag to me frequently about doing that

• KyrraKyrra Australia
    In all the years that I've been playing Achaea, I've never done that on Kyrra or on any other character for that matter.

I've uprooted personal totems in a number of places like Bella's Keep and Underworld, and I've probably taken about 5-6 from Bluef over a really long period time but I've definitely never ever hit up subdivisions to steal totems.

I'm not lying about it, I'd never do it. I don't do theft, infiltration, espionage or anything like that. Shallam's old subs was a once off since the city was gone and I was nervous as fuck with Aurora being visible the entire time I was there.

• JinsunJinsun TN, USA
    lol don't go after Kyrra. It won't end well.
  • Tristyn said:
    I retired. For three years I experienced a bunch of awesome relationships, events, and sermons/rituals. Not many people knew me as I was much more active when the Diaspora was around, but I'd like to thank @Halos for editing my history book on Lady Aurora, the Harbingers for being the best damn house, the wintermournes, all of the proteges throughout the years, and my one and only IG father @Aodfionn. Love you all.
    Was a pleasure to have known you, human.  No doubt we will see you in the future, albeit in a new form. If so, may your second run in Achaea be just as awesome!

• MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    Tristyn said:
    I retired. For three years I experienced a bunch of awesome relationships, events, and sermons/rituals. Not many people knew me as I was much more active when the Diaspora was around, but I'd like to thank @Halos for editing my history book on Lady Aurora, the Harbingers for being the best damn house, the wintermournes, all of the proteges throughout the years, and my one and only IG father @Aodfionn. Love you all.
    :( We'really gonna miss you, girl. Best of luck, wherever you go!
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • Frederich said:
    Wasn't Morthif and Jadys around for that.

EDIT:  Also, there are 0 magi in that group (Ankh dropped Magi, after all).  So, Unless Antonius was magi, ya'll could have used guards.
    No, Morthif and Jadys were not there to defend, despite the fact that both were in and out occasionally during the raiding... just because you sense them awake doesn't mean they were available to assist. And Klendathu was wrong about Bann who also just popped in and back out because he couldn't stay.

To whomever else claimed we invited our own disaster by refusing to engage... it's called a tactical decision. We had a choice to continue to weaken ourselves in experience on sure deaths, to hand you an easy win as you attacked a group of CR1's and Rotose (Durzaan didn't show up until very late into the second raid), and to obediently assist you in detonating a tank OR we could deny you in the only real way we had available to us. Passive resistance. Ashtan's novices thumbed their noses at you because you were like a pack of wolves diving into a pit of fluffy bunnies with maybe an over-confident puppy or two thrown in. I'm not sorry you had to work harder for your tank detonation.
  • Daeir said:
    My god.

Ashtan crying about Targossas going hard in raids.

We've come full circle. I've never been more proud.
    I wasn't crying I was explaining the tactical decision we made given we were apparently getting grief for it.
  • AodfionnAodfionn Seattle, WA
    Tristyn said:
     :'( you da best, dude. 
    Aurora says, "Are you drunk, Aodfionn?"
  • Amanda said:
    Frederich said:

EDIT:  Also, there are 0 magi in that group (Ankh dropped Magi, after all).  So, Unless Antonius was magi, ya'll could have used guards.
    No, Morthif and Jadys were not there to defend, despite the fact that both were in and out occasionally during the raiding... just because you sense them awake doesn't mean they were available to assist. And Klendathu was wrong about Bann who also just popped in and back out because he couldn't stay.

To whomever else claimed we invited our own disaster by refusing to engage... it's called a tactical decision. We had a choice to continue to weaken ourselves in experience on sure deaths, to hand you an easy win as you attacked a group of CR1's and Rotose (Durzaan didn't show up until very late into the second raid), and to obediently assist you in detonating a tank OR we could deny you in the only real way we had available to us. Passive resistance. Ashtan's novices thumbed their noses at you because you were like a pack of wolves diving into a pit of fluffy bunnies with maybe an over-confident puppy or two thrown in. I'm not sorry you had to work harder for your tank detonation.

1. You don't lose any experience from dying during a sanctioned raid if you're on the defending side, unless you're a member of either Mark.

2. A tank will charge up to level one by itself once placed during a sanctioned raid. Kills by the raiding city on soldiers of the defending city (within city limits) will help charge it faster, but they're not required if you're willing to settle for a level one tank.

The only reason it was a problem was because we - for reasons I still can't determine - lost the sanction halfway through charging the tank. You might not be sorry that we had to work harder for the detonation, but I am, because it meant considerably more deaths where people did lose experience in order to achieve.

• Antonius said:
    Amanda said:
    Frederich said:

1. You don't lose any experience from dying during a sanctioned raid if you're on the defending side, unless you're a member of either Mark.

2. A tank will charge up to level one by itself once placed during a sanctioned raid. Kills by the raiding city on soldiers of the defending city (within city limits) will help charge it faster, but they're not required if you're willing to settle for a level one tank.

The only reason it was a problem was because we - for reasons I still can't determine - lost the sanction halfway through charging the tank. You might not be sorry that we had to work harder for the detonation, but I am, because it meant considerably more deaths where people did lose experience in order to achieve.

1. I always appreciate learning things I didn't know. Thank you. 

2. Still not calling it reasonable RP to hand you kills.
    on the same side it doesnt make RP sense for hs to just abandon a tank.  Need skme tweaks to how the sanction period works or the ability to retrieve tanks after they have been armed if there is no active sanction.
  • You have reached the illustrious level of 4th Stratum of Puissance.
     <3 
  • keneanung: Priority list changed to:
    a flesh-eating slug
    a flesh-eating slug
    a flesh-eating slug
    an accursed skeleton
    Darkened corridor before junction (indoors).
    Clutching two rusty rapiers is an accursed skeleton. There are 3 flesh-eating slugs here. There are 
    2 corpses of a flesh-eating slug here. There are 3 corpses of an accursed skeleton here. Odious 
    vapor swirls about the remains of a vicious ghast.
    You see exits leading north and south.
    8709h, 7306m, 32907e, 31140w cexkdb-15.1- 10:34:28.701 0 0-0 0 0-0
    A flesh-eating slug lets out a high-pitched shriek and begins to boil madly. He releases noxious 
    fumes, causing you to gag and vomit uncontrollably.
    Fortunately, from holding your breath you find that you are unhurt.
    You are confused as to the effects of the venom.
    A flesh-eating slug lets out a high-pitched shriek and begins to boil madly. He releases noxious 
    fumes, causing you to gag and vomit uncontrollably.
    Fortunately, from holding your breath you find that you are unhurt.
    You are confused as to the effects of the venom.
    A flesh-eating slug rushes forward and bodily slams his bulk into you, knocking you to the ground.
    Your right leg breaks with a loud crack.
    7310h, 7306m, 32907e, 31140w cexkdb[let rl1 ill ?? pr]-15.1- 10:34:28.883 0 0-0 0 0-0(-1399h, 16.1%) 

Just reminded me of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8IkbCeZ9to

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."