What Happened To You Today?

Comments

• Anyone have a recap of the things sold for auction?
    Omor Ceberek - Targossas

got gud
  • edited February 2017
    Omor said:
    Anyone have a recap of the things sold for auction?
    An Arcadian auctioneer exclaims, "And none unless otherwise mentioned will be customised by the Gods to be made otherwise, or with any other changes. Limited time, only!"

An Arcadian auctioneer says, "Finally, the prices set today at auction will be set as permanent prices for those who cannot attend the auction."

An Arcadian auctioneer says, "And so! The first item upon the block. We have a lovely figurehead, fully consecrated by the Spirits of the Sea. More animated than a regular figurehead, you'll find this one to have reactions of her own."

Long a symbol of love unrequited, this fresh-faced flower maiden gazes towards the horizon, eyes wide and lips parted with unknowable wonder. A cascade of salt-kissed roses varnished a deep red clothes her softly chiselled curves and tumbles into a haphazard pile at her feet. Wild curls fly free behind her, tossed and tangled in an imagined tempest. She stands with one leg bent at the knee, poised as if ready to leap into the waves. In her hands, she grasps a solitary bloom, a humble offering to the sea.

An Arcadian auctioneer says, "I should say the figurehead can be made not to decay, and to reset, should the winner desire."

There was bidding and it finally sold for 12.

---------------------------------------------

An Arcadian auctioneer says, "Up next we have this very lovely ruby-studded pipe."

An Arcadian auctioneer says, "In addition to being a fine piece of artisanship, this pipe will as well hold 15 puffs rather than the usual 10."

This gaudy white marble pipe is studded with a small fortune in rubies, exactingly carved into tiny hearts along the length of the stem and neck. Intricate writing stretches around the circumference of the bowl, the tiny words spelling "love" in over a dozen different languages. The base of the pipe is carved into an erotic impression of two naked lovers entwined on a blanket beneath five-pointed stars, their bodies occupying positions that would require a great deal of contortion to even attempt. Shifting beneath illumination reflected by the surrounding rubies, the figures move from one position to the next, contorting into all manner of interesting poses.

An Arcadian auctioneer says, "This item does not have any customisation, no."

An Arcadian auctioneer says, "It may not be made non-decay nor resetting, no."

An Arcadian auctioneer says, "It'll last 50 months."

Sold for 5. 

---------------------------------------------

An Arcadian auctioneer says, "We have an ornate winged helm..."

An Arcadian auctioneer says, "In addition to the appearance, it will also provide 5% protection against both cutting and blunt damage."

Glittering silver feathers arc backwards in twinned wings from either side of this ornate helm, sculpted with exacting care and studded with topaz gemstones in miniature recreation of a golden gryphon's majestic wingspan. Crowned with oceanic sapphires, each jewel exudes a comforting azure gleam, while resting over the brow of the wearer is a single diamond. The lovingly polished facets are aglow with soft white light as the centrepiece of this ensemble extends faint luminescent tendrils, forming a cloak of pale radiance beneath and behind the helm.

An Arcadian auctioneer says, "It will last 45 months and will be made neither non-decay nor resetting."

Sold for 12

-------------------------------------------------------------------

An Arcadian auctioneer says, "The next item we have for bid, is a legendary flying mount, a giant hornet in fact."

Ten feet in length, this hornet is a colossal version of its miniature kin. Six spindly legs protrude from its body; an abdomen striped gold and brown, culminating in an inky black, swollen thorax. Dark, menacing eyes are set into a harsh, pointed face, fretted by a huge pair of antennae and a translucent proboscis. From the underside juts out a needle-thin stinger. Deadly as it is impressive, the stinger glistens with venom and twitches with the promise of perilous intent. Two pairs of filmy wings complete the creature, peppered with an array of criss-crossed lines and spanning a dozen feet in length.

An Arcadian auctioneer says, "To answer a previous question which I had missed, it should be half a year, to a year at most before these items are made generally available."

Went for 18

An Arcadian auctioneer says, "We have next this imperial cuirass... lasting 45 months, non-decay and non-resetting."

Forged from stalwart imperial steel, this cuirass is truly a relic of the ages. Holes for the arms and head are filed smooth, while on each side hangs an intricate leather strap, adjustable for maximum comfort. In spite of its exceptional age, the armour piece has endured valiantly, its durability a bleak contrast to the fate of the empire it once served. The cuirass has retained its shine and glints gently in the light, and a lack of even the merest hint of blood or dents implies an ornamental function over actual use in battle. Engraved upon each shoulder is a hypnotic design of concentric circles; the regalia of none other than an imperial myrmidon.

An Arcadian auctioneer says, "The cuirass doesn't provide fire protection but nevertheless, still worth more than 14 mementos surely?"

Went for 25

An Arcadian auctioneer says, "This platinum pair of fairy wings will work just the same as Eagle's wings, carrying one to the skies with the magic word Duanathar."

Rippling through the air like quicksilver, the butterfly-like wingspan of these fairytale pinions is a gleaming platinum hue, myriad whorls and patterns spreading across their surface in pale turquoise and aquamarine tones that adapt without pause from moment to moment. Alert to the slightest changes in the breeze, wisps of faint azure mist trail endlessly off each fluttering wing to drift downwards along their length towards darkening violet tips, the multitude of patterns forming and reforming with every heartbeat.

An Arcadian auctioneer says, "They may not be made non-decay nor resetting."

Went for 50

An Arcadian auctioneer says, "And next we have a decorative ash wood plaque, this can be mounted in your subdivision home and written upon to express the message of your choice."

An impressive display for any home, the plaque is a fusion of ash wood and fine silver. The frame is half an inch thick, and its edges are perfectly smooth. Set into the frame is the piece's main attraction; a rectangular silver plate fringed on all sides by a thin border. Held in place by miniature bronze bolts, the plaque proper sparkles scintillating as the light plays across its surface. Combined, this alliance betwixt wood and silver leaves no doubt that it is the work of a master.

An Arcadian auctioneer says, "This may be made non-decay or to be resetting."

An Arcadian auctioneer says, "More similar to a wax tablet which you might find in Lothos, than a subdivision sign."

Sold for 4

An Arcadian auctioneer says, "The next item for bid is a dagger, named Yearn."

Small enough to be palmed by the less than scrupulous, the dagger Yearn is crafted from a solid piece of bone. Sweeping shaping fashions both hilt and blade, whilst more intricate working lends an edge to the latter, and crafts a hollowed cage within the former. Applied in scorch a twisting detailing of vines with gnarled fingers writhes hungrily about the prison's lattice.

An Arcadian auctioneer says, "But rather functions as the relic, Soulfinder."

An Arcadian auctioneer says, "Without the normal implications of relics. So you may not be attacked for owning it, nor will it be dropped or relinquished should you die."

An Arcadian auctioneer says, "However it can only hold the soul of one other person for later tracking."

An Arcadian auctioneer says, "You'll SLICE <adventurer corpse> WITH YEARN, after which you can SOULFIND <adventurer>."

An Arcadian auctioneer says, "This one will last 75 months, and cannot be customised."

Commandant Aegoth Aristata, the Holocaust King's words quietly thrum through the air as he says, "Can you use it off balance?"

An Arcadian auctioneer says, "As with the relic, this does NOT respect veils."

Sold for 4

An Arcadian auctioneer says, "The final three items I have for bid today are parts of a new talisman. " Name: a floating tapestry of pristine vellum Keyword: tapestry Brief: "This tapestry tells of a races doom" Pieces: (1) the rollers for a tapestry, level 1 (1) an onyx pedestal, level 1 (1) a piece of aged vellum, level 1 (1) the claw from a shadow dragon, level 1 An Arcadian auctioneer says, "We will have for sale the rollers, the onyx pedestal, and the vellum."

An Arcadian auctioneer says, "I suppose the location of the final piece will not be a mystery, as it is the claw of a shadow dragon."

An Arcadian auctioneer says, "I've not been fortunate enough to lay eyes upon a completed version of the talisman. I can safely say it is not a do-nothing item however."

An Arcadian auctioneer says, "Talisman pieces, as usual, will not decay. The item itself is of great historical interest, but will eventually decay. It will be able to be made non-decaying however, should anyone assembling one wish it."

Each piece being auctioned separately.

100 each - don't ask. 

- To love another person is to see the face of G/d
    - Let me get my hat and my knife
    - It's your apple, take a bite
    - Don't dream it ... be it

• KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena
    Note the cuirass is also 5% cutting/5% blunt.
  • Only thing I'd want really are the talisman pieces. Dammit, @Krypton, I actually have to work hard for 300 mementos now.
    @Tydas It's totally going to be your Tsol'teth reincarnation quest item. :lol:
  • Krypton said:
    @Tydas It's totally going to be your Tsol'teth reincarnation quest item. :lol:
    I would make it my life's mission to destroy everything you know and love.

Or just keep on my schedule for 30 mementos a month and buy the extras I might need, one or the other.

But seriously, how did you get 300 mementos in one month? That's nuts.
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    @Tydas he paid off people who weren't doing the gambling resolutions in order to get their easy mementoes.

I have a feeling mementoes really should have been bound.
    Huh. Neat.
  • I assume the Yearn dagger can't be made nondecay/resetting at all? Or is it just "no custom descriptions" instead?

- (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."

• Tydas said:
    Krypton said:
    Tydas It's totally going to be your Tsol'teth reincarnation quest item. :lol:
    I would make it my life's mission to destroy everything you know and love.

Or just keep on my schedule for 30 mementos a month and buy the extras I might need, one or the other.

But seriously, how did you get 300 mementos in one month? That's nuts.

Aegoth is already financing this.
    edited February 2017
    Sarathai said:
    I assume the Yearn dagger can't be made nondecay/resetting at all?
    That's correct.

Only the figurehead / subdivision sign / hornet (if Collar'd) / talisman can be customised.

EDIT: @Sarathai Also, it doesn't stack. If you buy more than one Yearn, you can still only have SOULFIND on one person.
  • SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
    I"m kinda disappointed the PK ones are all redoable but not the gambling one :(

• Today was awesome. Massages first thing, then a Chiropractor appointment, then over to a friend's place for authentic Filipino food (his wife just got to the States) and games. If you have not played Munchkin Fu it is HILARIOUS (and super cut-throat). 10/10 would do again. :relaxed:
  • edited February 2017
    It is really easy for us to forget the person behind the character and I believe this trait is what can cause us to be general asses.

It is refreshing from time to time to actually get to know the mysterious face behind a character in the game that we have known for a time. It can really give you more detail into who that person is, and generally putting a little humanity into your analysis of them can change the way you may perceive them negatively.

From enemies to rivals to arch-nemesis, we should always remember that it isnt easy for all of us out there, and achaea is generally our reprieve from these lifestyles.
  • I've been learning the ropes of seafaring recently from some other members of the Shield and it's absolutely a blast, spending a few hours out at sea with housemates chasing after seamonsters and fishing when we run out of endurance. Last night we took on a real big one that about put us in dire straights, but we managed to rally and drop it, which was exciting and super satisfying.

But now I feel like I need to either hunt to dragon or transcend Fitness or both.
  • edited February 2017
    Gahhhhhhhh

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • Atalkez said:
    Gahhhhhhhh
    Right in the feelz.
         He is a coward who has to bring two friends as backup to jump people hunting.

• Sad panda today :(
  • What's got Targ all sad?
  • Vadik said:
    I've been learning the ropes of seafaring recently from some other members of the Shield and it's absolutely a blast, spending a few hours out at sea with housemates chasing after seamonsters and fishing when we run out of endurance. Last night we took on a real big one that about put us in dire straights, but we managed to rally and drop it, which was exciting and super satisfying.

But now I feel like I need to either hunt to dragon or transcend Fitness or both.
    This. Right here @Vadik is why I for one am permanently going to sea /forumrp. This was a blast. @Bronislav.

• AodfionnAodfionn Seattle, WA
    Magenta said:
    Sad panda today :(
    pour one out for the homies
    Aurora says, "Are you drunk, Aodfionn?"
  • AchillesAchilles Los Angeles
    Daeir said:

damn it Daeir, you are the Madden curse of Achaea.
  •  :'( 

• Asmodron said:
    It is really easy for us to forget the person behind the character and I believe this trait is what can cause us to be general asses.

It is refreshing from time to time to actually get to know the mysterious face behind a character in the game that we have known for a time. It can really give you more detail into who that person is, and generally putting a little humanity into your analysis of them can change the way you may perceive them negatively.

From enemies to rivals to arch-nemesis, we should always remember that it isnt easy for all of us out there, and achaea is generally our reprieve from these lifestyles.
    Nobody will believe it nor apply it but what you just said is the cure standing out in the open for all to see, ubderscoring the fact they won't. Sometimes there are moments to unite in the bigger picture because the stakes for long term viability demand we fix this as a form of would be otherwise self imposed suicide. 

but my bloodline compels me to...gahh I must embrace my animal spirit! This is where I make some animal sounds, then you go long bro, Hail Mary. "Don't give a fu*^ what you think" coming, all the way down to the end zone. There ya go. 

*pops the ball, middle finger, sits in the bleachers eating a hotdog while you stare at me and make this creepy. Starts eating nachos and staring back*
    I -am- the Cataclysm Switchblade.
  • Morthif said:
    What's got Targ all sad?
    Equally as clueless.
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Someone disconnected mid-attack and died anyways. Is that a thing?
    Huh. Neat.
  • KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    Xenomorph said:
    Asmodron said:

Nobody will believe it nor apply it but what you just said is the cure standing out in the open for all to see, ubderscoring the fact they won't. Sometimes there are moments to unite in the bigger picture because the stakes for long term viability demand we fix this as a form of would be otherwise self imposed suicide. 

but my bloodline compels me to...gahh I must embrace my animal spirit! This is where I make some animal sounds, then you go long bro, Hail Mary. "Don't give a fu*^ what you think" coming, all the way down to the end zone. There ya go. 

*pops the ball, middle finger, sits in the bleachers eating a hotdog while you stare at me and make this creepy. Starts eating nachos and staring back*
    @Xenomorph....I've fucking missed you, man.

• Got home after a really long day.

You have been awarded with The clasp for suremekh'neina talisman piece!
  • edited February 2017
    Issued myself asking if I could customise the SoW Tsol'teth beetle to fly.
    http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/ferngully/images/b/be/The_Beatle_boys.jpg

All about that RP yo.
  • Trey said:
    Surprised everyone by doing something useful for once and took on Chancellor for Mhaldor.
    Did surprise! And thanks again!