What Happened To You Today?

Comments

• KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    What skill is this:

As Dunn moves to escape your onslaught, you intercept him and yank him back.

• Bear stance.
  • @Kresslack

The often forgotten/never seen stance of Bear.  Increases throw damage, makes your everything slower, and is room hindrance that is, apparently, better than every other kind.

Probably because you have to be in room and in a shitty stance.

Throws you off balance for like 1.3-1.5 seconds.
  • By slower, it's, like, 50% longer balances compared to eagle/scorpion.
  • It also hit me while I was phased, heh. Mak confirmed bug pretty quickly.

• edited January 2017
    I did bug it before.  And said it was a thing that happened.  Pretty sure I did anyways.

Edit:
    4018 +X u Is bear grapple supposed to work on phased folk? I mean, piet

4019 - u The Bear Stance room hinder works upon phased people. Tested

I did bug it.

• Got my rapier customisation back for review again :(
    Had two names in mind for it, first 'Dawn' got rejected because it's the name of a figure from lore. Second 'Daybreak' is apparently the name of one of Lord Twilights hounds and I'll have to ask him if I can use it. Which, well, just isn't an option for a sword that is very much an homage to Lady Aurora.

So I went to a sword name generator,and amongst the suggested names were 'Dawn' (fuck you:( ) and 'Lightbringer'. Colour me unimpressed.

Another suggestion was 'Oathkeeper' which really makes sense for Xaden, given the oaths he's sworn (including one to Aurora), but I can already see the rejection note. (fuck you Jaime Lannister)
         He is a coward who has to bring two friends as backup to jump people hunting.

• Xaden said:
    Got my rapier customisation back for review again :(
    Had two names in mind for it, first 'Dawn' got rejected because it's the name of a figure from lore. Second 'Daybreak' is apparently the name of one of Lord Twilights hounds and I'll have to ask him if I can use it. Which, well, just isn't an option for a sword that is very much an homage to Lady Aurora.
    Sunrise?
    - (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."

• edited January 2017
    Breaking Light? Mornbreak? Rising Morn? Dayspring? Mornspring? Dawnspring? Mornrise? Dawnrise?
  • Anedhel said:
    Given we brought up the GoT thing, I'll just remind you, gently, of what the Hound said re: naming swords.
    Oh I remember, I've quoted it here via meme.

What, you've never seen a hypocrite before?

• Well, either I'm a hypocrite or a cunt (per the quote), you can still decide which if you want ;)

• KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    Xaden said:
    Well, either I'm a hypocrite or a cunt (per the quote), you can still decide which if you want ;)
    Why not go for the double? :trollface:

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • PLEASE NAME IT MORN MORN.
  • I ain't even mad. :D

Update; I've started throwing in words to translators (light, truth etc) and it turns out Dawn in Latin is Aurora, which I did not know.

I may settle on Solas which is one of the few Irish translations without a fada.

• Xaden said:

So I went to a sword name generator,and amongst the suggested names were 'Dawn' (fuck you:( ) and 'Lightbringer'. Colour me unimpressed.

Another suggestion was 'Oathkeeper' which really makes sense for Xaden, given the oaths he's sworn (including one to Aurora), but I can already see the rejection note. (fuck you Jaime Lannister)

Go ahead, ask Twilight. He will likely give you permission.

In exchange for a service of course :>

• Asmodron said:
    Xaden said:

Go ahead, ask Twilight. He will likely give you permission.

In exchange for a service of course :>

Even if I could justify doing it in character, which I really can't (One of Deuc's axioms basically means you can do some shady AF shit in the name of Creation, doesn't really apply here), it actually wouldn't work for me thematically now that I know that.

• KyrraKyrra Australia
    Totally would call a sword Morning Glory. So flowery.

RIP Raindrops and Snowflakes.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• Kyrra said:
    Totally would call a sword Morning Glory. So flowery.

RIP Raindrops and Snowflakes.
    That would be a cool enough name if it didn't remind me of Oasis and make me want to jab a screwdriver into my ears.

• Well, my first sizable events as Targossas's MoCA are underway! 
  • Sobriquet said:
    Kyrra says morning glory and the first thing that comes to your mind is Oasis....? ;)
    ....I don't get it...

• Xaden said:
    Sobriquet said:
    Kyrra says morning glory and the first thing that comes to your mind is Oasis....? ;)
    ....I don't get it...

Sweet summer child.
  • Also, this :
    https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/AXlqFj_z

WHO CARRIES THAT MUCH SHIT AROUND!? 

• KyrraKyrra Australia

I totally meant these when I said Morning Glory.

Honest.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."