What Happened To You Today?

Comments

• Finkle said:
    I use motionjoy to map controllers and would really recommend it.  And yeah, I created macros in mudlet that were assigned to numpad.  Then mapped my controller to numpad.

It makes hunting a little more fun and leveling up on the treadmill bearable
    This reminds me of that thing where you convince yourself that working out and studying is like leveling up your stats IRL (it worked for me >.>), but you also get to level up in game, too. Brilliant!
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    @Krypton pretty sure thats the room name if youre further down.
    Huh. Neat.
  • @Krypton yeah that was a room 9 levels down.
  • KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    @Aerek I was thinking about getting one of those, but not having used a trackpad controller before wasn't sure how it would handle or how I would like it. Works pretty well, I take it?

Aerek said:
    @Nataliia @Kresslack @Greys, and anyone else interested in controller-based gameplay, if you use Steam, pick up a Steam controller. You can add Mudlet to Steam so that it recognizes it as a Steam game, and the input configuration and tactile customization is second to none. I haven't used it with Achaea, specifically, but I've customized it for a variety of other games and barring unforeseen complications, the out-of-the-box options should allow for everything you'd need for Sailing or even Achaea at large, including triggers as shifts so that you can key multiple functions to the same button. (i.e. Button A does ABC, Trigger+Button A does XYZ)
    You can do that with keysticks too, plus configure where tapping a button or stick direction does one thing whereas holding it for longer does another :D
    Huh. Neat.
  • AerekAerek East Tennessee, USA
    Kresslack said:
    @Aerek I was thinking about getting one of those, but not having used a trackpad controller before wasn't sure how it would handle or how I would like it. Works pretty well, I take it?
    It's definitely different and takes some getting used to, especially when you're re-writing 15+ years of mouse/joystick familiarity and muscle memory, but once you get your sensitivity/other settings right, it doesn't disappoint. As a competitive gamer, I'm still -better- with a mouse or traditional controller, but I know if I just made myself sit down and commit to the Steam controller, I could be just as good with it.

@Ahmet Yeah, the customization is close to infinite. If I have one gripe with the thing, it's that it takes me hours of experimentation with each new game to find a control scheme that feels just right, before I can even start to really play and enjoy the game. Maybe there is such a thing as too many options. =/
    -- Grounded in but one perspective, what we perceive is an exaggeration of the truth.
  • SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
    I don't put nonresetting stuff in my sub house specifically because of this.  It's amazing how many people will spend their times heartstopping to wander around subdivs and shops for easy pickings

• KyrraKyrra Australia
    It's amazing how many people just don't have an eye sigil dropped inside the front door to prevent people heartstopping and walking in. It's basic Subs Security 101.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• Know what's a fantastic storage place now that your ship can't be boarded?

A ship.
  • SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
    Kyrra said:
    It's amazing how many people just don't have an eye sigil dropped inside the front door to prevent people heartstopping and walking in. It's basic Subs Security 101.
    That works so long as you don't happen to go dormant or anything. Otherwise you'll come home to find your house picked clean. 

Frederich said:
    Know what's a fantastic storage place now that your ship can't be boarded?

A ship.
    Know what's a helluva lot more expensive than a subs house?

A ship.
    Huh. Neat.
    Ahmet said:
    Frederich said:
    Know what's a fantastic storage place now that your ship can't be boarded?

A ship.
    Know what's a helluva lot more expensive than a subs house?

A ship.
    It's  very much worth it though in the long run. That's what I ended up doing. Housing creation being dependent on commodities now helps a little.

• Perpetual safe house bad design.

Bring in harbour forceboard, lockable chests and lockpocking.

Lets do this.

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
    I think that would be a great idea, but not forceboarding in a harbour.

• @Atalkez Not our fault you have nothing worth taking.
    edited January 2017
    Some recourse to go after players on ships would be nice. Something channeled, maybe bribing their ship crew to throw them overboard, cancelled by them leaving harbour or disembarking.
    Huh. Neat.
  • KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena
    Make ships trackable again rofl.
  • @Ahmet I like having a space I can actually relax and talk with people. I already don't use my house estate as its too easy to break into.
  • Greys said:
    @Atalkez Not our fault you have nothing worth taking.
    You sound saltier than the sea.

I have several unique items you won't ever see in the game, I just keep them on myself. Don't make assumptions, they make you look foolish.

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
    @Greys If you're security-conscious and take the precautions you should, there's only one way to break into a house estate, and that's with a puppet of you.
    Huh. Neat.
  • @Atalkez Suddenly I got an image of Gollum. I meant that more teasingly that it sounded, sorry.
    Krypton said:
    Make ships trackable again rofl.
    Those were interesting times, tracking down people at sea with a falcon.

• edited January 2017
    Forgot to turn off dor gut from bashing for two balances while defending today, such potato :/

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

[ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    Most cities should have scrolls listing subdivision security though, and it's something that should be taught along with anti-theft to novices anyway. Just because someone doesn't own a plot of land themselves, they should still know what to do when a prism comes into a room in someone else's house in the subs.

It's something that people do have to learn, but if a city doesn't care to educate its novices about these things, then it's really a fault of the city and not the novice for not knowing any better. I don't believe in ignorance being an excuse, especially in this day and age of having so much information freely available to most people before they even get to join a House. 
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/covWPQN_

It's been about 6 years since I bashed Azdun properly, completely forgot big Z was down there. Derp O_o
    I like the variety in attacks that he has. Though I'm sure it happened all to quickly to fully appreciate at the time.