What Happened To You Today?

Comments

• Helped out some people with coding on the Mudlet clan, then we start explaining how for/while loops work using 'pie'. Like, while pie do eat pie end.

Then this happened:

- 2014/08/27 12:20:47 - Snareman says, "You guys really love 3.141592645...."
    - 2014/08/27 12:20:56 - Klendathu says, "I much prefer 22/7."
    - 2014/08/27 12:21:24 - Snareman says, "Mind = blown."
    - 2014/08/27 12:21:42 - Jukilian says, "I prefer the number of squares of width equal to the radius of a circle that can fit in said circle."
    - 2014/08/27 12:22:20 - Jukilian says, "Get your head around that one."
    - 2014/08/27 12:22:31 - Snareman says, "Workin on it."
    - 2014/08/27 12:22:47 - Jukilian says, "I think that's how it works, at least."
    - 2014/08/27 12:23:28 - Snareman says, "Doesn't quite sound right, because I would think that a square with a radius as big as a circle with the same radius would be bigger than the circle."
    - 2014/08/27 12:23:30 - Rispok says, "Isn't it circumference not area?"
    - 2014/08/27 12:23:41 - Snareman says, "No."
    - 2014/08/27 12:23:51 - Azuros says, "I settle for ice cream and a bit of brain freeze, that always solves my math problems."
    - 2014/08/27 12:23:58 - Snareman says, "Perimiter of a circle I had thought."
    - 2014/08/27 12:24:07 - Rispok says, "That's circumference."
    - 2014/08/27 12:24:24 - Jukilian says, "A square with the sides the same length as the radius of a circle would cover approx. one quarter of the circle."
    - 2014/08/27 12:24:32 - Jukilian says, "Radius is from the centre to the circumference."
    - 2014/08/27 12:24:42 - Jukilian says, "You can fit pi number of those squares into that circle."
    - 2014/08/27 12:24:47 - Snareman says, "Threw... wow."
    - 2014/08/27 12:24:54 - Azuros says, "Nerds."
    - 2014/08/27 12:24:58 - Jukilian says, "Haha."
    - 2014/08/27 12:25:13 - Jukilian says, "You could also go the ratio of a circle's circumference to its diameter."
    - 2014/08/27 12:25:18 - Exelethril says, "What did you call me?! I dare you to say that to my face not online and see what happens."
    - 2014/08/27 12:25:22 - Klendathu says, "Circumference = 2 pi r ^2."
    - 2014/08/27 12:25:38 - Snareman says, "^."
    - 2014/08/27 12:25:58 - Exelethril says, "."
    - 2014/08/27 12:25:59 - Snareman says, "Wait, no."
    - 2014/08/27 12:26:02 - Choryn says, "I majored in Math and Comp Sci... but Lua still confusals me, give me C or assembler..."
    - 2014/08/27 12:26:14 - Snareman says, "Just pi r^2 I thought."
    - 2014/08/27 12:26:22 - Jukilian says, "We've deviated from programming to talking about circles and different ways of describing pi."
    - 2014/08/27 12:26:38 - Azuros says, "Blueberry is superior."
    - 2014/08/27 12:26:40 - Snareman says, "Mmmm, pie."
    - 2014/08/27 12:27:09 - Snareman says, "Where you guys at during the day when I have these massive projects I'm working on."
    - 2014/08/27 12:27:14 - Jukilian says, "Pi*r^2 is the area, yeah. Though if a square is of size r by r by r. The area of that square is r^2."
    - 2014/08/27 12:27:27 - Jukilian says, "So pi number of those squares will fit into that circle."

• Tripped over the middle of a scavenger hunt and went on to complete the whole thing, just for the fun of it. Submitted my results, and got a prize, even though the official hunt had ended ages ago. So I splurged 2 credits on survival lessons to boost my fishing, and for a short time, I held the yearly record for longnose Darter :)
  • edited August 2014
    Big Z bringing the ruckus, provoking nerds to kick buckets
  • Bluef said:
    Qw D
    Dajio, Dajio, Dajio, Dajio, Dajio, Dajio, Daslin, Dortheron, Dilek.

Nooooooooooooooooooooooo! :dizzy_face: Who fed him after midnight? 

• TharvisTharvis The Land of Beer and Chocolate!
    Valkyre said:

I had just started hunting for the day when I walked into a room and, a second later, saw my screen explode and end in this:

19:50:21 You have been slain by Zsarachnor, the Vampire Lord.
    19:50:21 You writhe in pain as you fall to level 72.
    19:50:21 You sigh in frustration as you fall to the level of Celestial.
    19:50:36 You are dead, perhaps you should "Embrace Death".
    19:50:38 (Hashan): @Valentinus says, "Well Valkyre, I would help you but."

Well, look at it this way, if you'd have run, he'd have kept chasing you anyway
    Aurora says, "Tharvis, why are you always breaking things?!"
    Artemis says, "You are so high maintenance, Tharvis, gosh."
    Tecton says, "It's still your fault, Tharvis."

• I logged in as Sobby, restocked with curatives, and found the Lotus to be empty of people other than @okk. Hashan logs seem to indicate Targ have been shaking people out of their Crossroads apathy (Which can only be a good thing). Also tried hunting as a Dragon since the first time since the changes, was a bit of a shock.

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • Sobriquet said:
    I logged in as Sobby, restocked with curatives, and found the Lotus to be empty of people other than @okk. Hashan logs seem to indicate Targ have been shaking people out of their Crossroads apathy (Which can only be a good thing). Also tried hunting as a Dragon since the first time since the changes, was a bit of a shock.

:(
  • edited August 2014
    Got my ass stomped by @Josoul a couple times in combat spars. 
    Smashed @Herose and @Kenway though so calling it a win.

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • AodfionnAodfionn Seattle, WA
    Finally finished copy+pasting 49 pages of text-book into another text-book. Sweet jesus, at least I did the difficult one first.
    Aurora says, "Are you drunk, Aodfionn?"
  • TillieTillie VA
    edited August 2014

Taking a long sip from a pewter mug of honeyed short mead, you become delightfully flushed as the world seems much more pleasant. Bringing the drink down from your mouth, you hastily wipe away a fleck of foam clinging to your upper lip.Having finished the last sip, you dispose of the empty mug.

i

You are holding:

stuff - but NO alcohol, mind you.

You are wearing:

clothes.

etc.

3220h, 2446m, 15000e, 13905w cexdb-(-100m, 3.0%) drink mead

The warmth of the liquid seeps into your body, leaving you feeling warm, happy, and flushed.

3220h, 2421m, 15000e, 13905w cexdb-(-25m, 0.8%) i

You are holding:

Once again - nothing like alcohol.

You are wearing:

clothes.

3220h, 2371m, 15000e, 13905w cexdb-(-50m, 1.5%) drink mead

The warmth of the liquid seeps into your body, leaving you feeling warm, happy, and flushed.

3220h, 2371m, 15000e, 13905w cexdb-drink mead

3220h, 2371m, 15000e, 13905w cexdb-drink mead

3220h, 2371m, 15000e, 13905w cexdb-

(Virtuosi): You say, "I just believe I've been inadvertently blessed."

(Virtuosi): You say, "Believe I've just, rather."

(Virtuosi): You say, "I seem to be able to drink mead - without even having a glass of it. How...dangerous."

(Virtuosi): Trilliana says, "You might be in the room with some on the ground?"

ql

A warm inn common room (indoors).

Everything about you is obscured by a heavy fog. Percival hums and skips a little as he 

bustles about his tavern. A runic totem is planted solidly in the ground. There are 10 two-

handled mugs here. There are 4 beef and mushroom stews here.  You see a sign indicating 

there are WARES for sale here.

You see exits leading northeast (open door) and west (open door).

3220h, 2810m, 15000e, 13905w cexdb-

You may drink another health or mana elixir or tonic.

(Virtuosi): Trilliana says, "Or on a pedestal."

(Virtuosi): Galos says, "Or she is magical."

(Virtuosi): Trilliana says, "Or! It could be in a vial."

(Virtuosi): You say, "Ha! I am." (Effing duh, me)

(Virtuosi): Galos says, "I like to belive she is magic."

(Virtuosi): You say, "Not magical, that is. Just blind."

(Virtuosi): You say, "I wish."

(Virtuosi): You say, "Oh, well. That was momentarily exciting."

(Virtuosi): You say, "I should...look at the floor more often."

• Taraus said:
    Tillie said:
    -snip-
    Ah, the Occultists, fluent in the language of floor booze (some of my fondest RP shenanigans have sprung from this ever-giving fount!).

@Morro @Sybilla @Adalie for the agree.
    Does this make me an Occultist? :O
    meh

• ValusValus Texas
    edited August 2014
    I lost my Blademaster's sword so I tried to get my blade from Murad, turns out its 5k gold to get it back.... which I don't have :(  
    I have Cerebral Palsy, so it'll take me a bit to learn things so please try to be patient with me.

• KenwayKenway San Francisco
    Atalkez said:
    Got my ass stomped by @Josoul a couple times in combat spars. 
    Smashed @Herose and @Kenway though so calling it a win.
    Hate to say it but I'm fairly certain that last name isn't exactly a shocking triumph for anyone!

- Limb Counter - Fracture Relapsing -
    "Honestly, I just love that it counts limbs." - Mizik Corten
  • SarienoSarieno Spokane, WA
    Got smacked around by @Mithridates a few times in Hashan while I was trying to teach @Eisa Chivalry. Then later, went on my normal gold/bashing route, ran out of caloric in a spot where I really needed it, and galloped back to town for a fill. Afterwards, played Chess with @Valentinus until @Caladbolg and @Draqoom showed up and our small group managed to fight them off.  Tonight's little raid gave me faith in Hashan, but the whole of Hashan scraping up while trying to fight Mith earlier damn near ruined it.

twitter - @spacemanreno
  • CaladbolgCaladbolg Campbell County TN
    Sarieno said:
    Got smacked around by @Mithridates a few times in Hashan while I was trying to teach @Eisa Chivalry. Then later, went on my normal gold/bashing route, ran out of caloric in a spot where I really needed it, and galloped back to town for a fill. Afterwards, played Chess with @Valentinus until @Caladbolg and @Draqoom showed up and our small group managed to fight them off.  Tonight's little raid gave me faith in Hashan, but the whole of Hashan scraping up while trying to fight Mith earlier damn near ruined it.
    To be fair, Mithridates is a Artied to hell and back Magi, With that said he's on the border line of overpowered as far as pure damage goes, and he's experienced with his artifacts to the level of abusing them, Honestly I think Mith can pull out more damage faster than me and Draqoom combined. (Until legs start breaking at least)

• AustereAustere Tennessee
    Border line?  I have less arties than he does and I think I am op. Mith definitely is op.
  • CaladbolgCaladbolg Campbell County TN
    edited August 2014
    Austere said:
    Border line?  I have less arties than he does and I think I am op. Mith definitely is op.
    I say borderline because im sure there's ways around his massive amounts of damage.
    Also if it was overpowered I feel it would have been looked into by the ACC or Classleads.

Also as to my previous statement combat experience plays a bigger role in fighting than other things.

• MasarykMasaryk Sangre Plains
    Got that level 91! Hooray!

• I pissed a house off to the point that @Jinsun tried to kill me while I was still in the news room.
    Made my day.
    ily 2 bb <3