Welcome to the Achaea Forums! Please be sure to read the Forum Rules.

Best in each class

Comments

• MizikMizik Member Posts: 2,170 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    scoff

@Ernam our 4am Runie vs eternal TF monk dates :(
    Ernam
  • ExelethrilExelethril Member Posts: 3,360 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Thanks for the compliment :) I don't really think I'm that good though and runie offense is quite cookie cutter(and boring). 

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

[ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]
  • ErnamErnam Member Posts: 2,416 ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
    edited September 2014
    Mizik said:
    scoff

I'll be honest.  Only reason I bash is for TFs.  When you have a full level 3 stat set, +1 to each stat (+2 con) is worth an extrapolated 20,000cr.  Add the 15% damage reduction for ridiculously broken PVP advantage, and it's clearly a pretty great use of time.  Not to mention, people just don't bash like they used to.  It's really easy to make essentially any God's top 3.  At one point I was actually the highest essence count for four gods at one time.
  • AustereAustere TennesseeMember Posts: 2,343 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Jovolo said:
    And my penis is thiiiiiiiis big
    I think you under estimate the true size, my friend.  Needs more I's.
  • AnedhelAnedhel Member Posts: 2,367 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Imperial i's, not metric i's.
    KerriaStrataValaria
    Ernam said:
    Mizik said:
    scoff

I'll be honest.  Only reason I bash is for TFs.  When you have a full level 3 stat set, +1 to each stat (+2 con) is worth an extrapolated 20,000cr.  Add the 15% damage reduction for ridiculously broken PVP advantage, and it's clearly a pretty great use of time.  Not to mention, people just don't bash like they used to.  It's really easy to make essentially any God's top 3.  At one point I was actually the highest essence count for four gods at one time.
    My point was I bent you sideways as Runie.
    RomJhuiWessux
  • KenwayKenway San FranciscoMember Posts: 1,130 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Ernam said:
    I still can't get over how badass my Sceptre of Aqueous Mastery is against runies though.  I've had more than one person flatly abandon the prospect of combat purely because I have one, and know when to use it. 
    I think one of my greatest shortcomings as a Runie is the fact that I just flat out don't use runes. Aside from j/a/b and runeblades I really never touch the things. Damn glad I don't sometimes though. I'd hate to have to fight someone with a sceptre if I was used to having runes help me D:

- Limb Counter - Fracture Relapsing -
    "Honestly, I just love that it counts limbs." - Mizik Corten
  • AeliosAelios Member Posts: 449 ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
    Kenway said:
    Ernam said:
    I still can't get over how badass my Sceptre of Aqueous Mastery is against runies though.  I've had more than one person flatly abandon the prospect of combat purely because I have one, and know when to use it. 
    I think one of my greatest shortcomings as a Runie is the fact that I just flat out don't use runes. Aside from j/a/b and runeblades I really never touch the things. Damn glad I don't sometimes though. I'd hate to have to fight someone with a sceptre if I was used to having runes help me D:
    You're killing me smalls...

And I appreciate the sentiment mentioned earlier. My problem is that while I might functionally know how to do things, actually doing them in the heat of battle is far more difficult. 

...Fighting off using aliases as long as I can, god willing. Thank you for the kind words, however, @Kenway

"You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else."

-Albert Einstein

• WessuxWessux ChattanoogaMember Posts: 517 ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
    Kenway said:
    Ernam said:
    Ground runes are for the weak.
    Invest in a 9mm retirement plan.
    edited September 2014
    Wunjo/Nairat in adjacent rooms is one of the most effective defensive maneuvers in the game, for 1v1 combat.  Against monks, for example, it can essentially stop almost every single kill method available to the class, simply by tumbling into it.  The possibility for a runie to tumble into their own wunjo/nairat existing forces a monk to counter this by either mind throwing them somewhere else, canceling the tumble, forcing an unenemy (doesn't work against good people), etc.  This additional requirement/balance time is enough to disrupt most kill setups (you can't BBT/command).  Serpent/BM can simply evade, but even that is 2 seconds during what would otherwise be an uninterrupted kill setup.  Tumbling into wunjo/nairat on a snap, for example could easily be the difference between a lock and easily curing out.  You can always just walk (instead of tumble) into wunjo/nairat any time you need to cure up, for a pretty solid 3-5 seconds of safety, which is more than enough to ruin most classes momentum.

Uruz, on another hand, should absolutely not be discounted.  For damage classes, it can very easily be the difference between it being possible to kill someone, and being simply mathematically impossible.  Mizik's example in that log is a pretty good example of how stacked regen can completely shut down even the best (and most artefacted) kill setups.

I also once saw Aelios completely break a Rampage by starting the event by dropping Nauthiz (hunger) runes in every room in the first 30 seconds.  Thankfully he did it before the event started, so I was able to quit, buy a ton of food, then rejoin - but that thing is seriously dangerous when used well.

Tiwaz is also pretty awesome, but I never see anyone use it...

Ground runes are no joke.

@Mizik I'm for an overall mitigation cap of certain kill moves, like BBT.  Level 1 torso break BBTs should never drop down to like 35%-40% damage, which is common.  Even level 2 torso break BBTs are relatively ignorable, even with predamage and enfeeble.  While I do think it's nice to have a reason to pursue non-BBT kill strategies (which I absolutely do), I definitely don't think stacking all of of those different methods was intended in either monk or runewarden's class design.

I'd have to do some specific testing, but it would appear that you mitigated around 60-70% of the BBT's damage.
  • TalysinTalysin Member Posts: 575 ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    Ernam said:
    Wunjo/Nairat in adjacent rooms is one of the most effective defensive maneuvers in the game, for 1v1 combat.  Against monks, for example, it can essentially stop almost every single kill method available to the class, simply by tumbling into it.  The possibility for a runie to tumble into their own wunjo/nairat existing forces a monk to counter this by either mind throwing them somewhere else, canceling the tumble, forcing an unenemy (doesn't work against good people), etc.  This additional requirement/balance time is enough to disrupt most kill setups (you can't BBT/command).  Serpent/BM can simply evade, but even that is 2 seconds during what would otherwise be an uninterrupted kill setup.  Tumbling into wunjo/nairat on a snap, for example could easily be the difference between a lock and easily curing out.  You can always just walk (instead of tumble) into wunjo/nairat any time you need to cure up, for a pretty solid 3-5 seconds of safety, which is more than enough to ruin most classes momentum.

Uruz, on another hand, should absolutely not be discounted.  For damage classes, it can very easily be the difference between it being possible to kill someone, and being simply mathematically impossible.  Mizik's example in that log is a pretty good example of how stacked regen can completely shut down even the best (and most artefacted) kill setups.

I also once saw Aelios completely break a Rampage by starting the event by dropping Nauthiz (hunger) runes in every room in the first 30 seconds.  Thankfully he did it before the event started, so I was able to quit, buy a ton of food, then rejoin - but that thing is seriously dangerous when used well.

Hah, that rampage was so funny. Cadarus and I were housed up in the water room the entire time.
    Ernam
  • WessuxWessux ChattanoogaMember Posts: 517 ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
    Ernam said:

What you said. ^

What I heard. "I'm a scrub."
    Invest in a 9mm retirement plan.
    RazhaAegothDrodak
  • JarrelJarrel Member Posts: 169 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    Wouldn't even fight 1v1 if I had a TF, it's below me.

Jarrel-smalljpg

• SeftinSeftin Member Posts: 923 @ - Epic Achaean
    Jarrel said:
    read TF as thoths fang and was about to play my bullshit card, then it sunk in.
    WessuxPraxidesAnedhel
    Jarrel said:
    Eh on one hand, anything workout a RESIST ALL defense to mitigate the "unblockable" DSB damage would simply die indiscriminately. On the other hand, that damage cut came flat off the top, nullifying all my damage. Also stacked with algiz.

Then he discovered Numb, so an extra chunk off the top.
  • AnedhelAnedhel Member Posts: 2,367 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Favourshields suck :(
  • DaeirDaeir AustraliaMember Posts: 6,297 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Do favourshields and Mir stack? That would be funny.
    PraxidesAtalkez
  • EldEld Member Posts: 3,946 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Daeir said:
    Do favourshields and Mir stack? That would be funny.
    http://forums.achaea.com/discussion/comment/101467/#Comment_101467
    Yes. Yes they do.
    TalysinPraxidesErnam
    edited September 2014
    Why would they not?  I'm confused.  They stack with every form of damage mitigation in the game. (other than other TFs)
  • DaeirDaeir AustraliaMember Posts: 6,297 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Wow.

Eld's log is reason enough as to why they shouldn't stack. That is some crazy mitigation right there.
    Tharvis
  • EldEld Member Posts: 3,946 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Daeir said:
    Wow.

Eld's log is reason enough as to why they shouldn't stack. That is some crazy mitigation right there.
    Well, you could have them stack, but with some reduction in effectiveness, and still probably have a manageable situation. But, yeah, it's a pretty insane combination as-is (assuming I didn't miss it being changed some time this year). 
  • CaladbolgCaladbolg Campbell County TNMember Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
    edited October 2014
    I've had mir stance,Truefavor,Runes, Blessings ..think that's it.
    All at the same time working together.
    Jarrel Still axk'd me for over 80%, or is it Jarrod one of those two you guys know who im talking about.

Edit: Also for the record did the same thing but switched to Arash and still laughed in Proficys face when he tried to broken torso bbt me.

• ValariaValaria Member Posts: 400 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    I guess even not god can save you from being axk'd. maybe you should throw divine fire in there to see if that help much...

2015/01/12 Tecton, the Terraformer has bestowed His divine favour upon you. It will last for approximately 1 Achaean month.
    Mizik said:
    scoff

Priest vs BM is nowhere near as fun.
  • KadinKadin Member Posts: 123 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    Can I vote myself "Most improved" alchemist? Thats gotta count for something. Heh. Thanks Jhui.
    AtalkezSharaKayeilMalorn
  • KadinKadin Member Posts: 123 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    Got 5 alchie kill strats down that work on just about anyone regardless of prios. 2 locks (no aeon), 2 aurify (not relying on sanguine), and a damage strat that melts 10.1k health to 0 in about 35s. Working hard but my biggest issue is mana conservation. Trying to figure out how I'd counter priest. Seems like it'd be pretty strong vs alchie. 
    Daslin
    edited October 2014

Alchs need to do what everyone else needs to do.  Alter their combat strategy to minimize mana use.

Monks can't transmute, Magi can't Holo/SH (much), Shamans need to watch their beligerant swiftcursing, and so on.

Or... buy a bunch of mana/sip arties.

I can personally attest to alch being extremely dangerous, even for priests, so I don't see it as an immediate problem.  You also have a ton of ways to hinder priests to slow them down, which you should explore.

Another common anti-priest strategy I've seen work very effectively is simply punishing the priest for over-the-top mana use.  I never realized how incredibly mana intense priest offense is, and alch offense is pretty much designed to destroy mana.  Punish priests for using too much mana, and/or focus on attacks that use up even more, which not only slows us down, but also synergizes very well with several alchemist kill strategies.

Sign In to Comment.