Combat Logs

Comments

• Jovolo said:
    I just mean you hit with curare when she was still paralysed. Wait until the eat or dstab euphorbia/darkshade then and there.
    I very often hit with afflictions my opponent already has. Yes, that's a waste of an affliction and should be avoided, in theory. But if I know how my opponent prioritizes and expect him to cure an affliction before my next dstab can go in, I will usually assume that he will still cure it in time, rather than waiting or switching to different affs. Between personal reaction time and latency, there's quite a relevant time frame during which he might (and often will) otherwise still cure it just before my next stab, leaving me no time to still use my originally intended combo.

This results in me sometimes using superfluous venoms, but also helps me to fight at a decent speed while still remaining calm and strategical. Just watching cures and reacting instantly just doesn't suffice for that, for me. I need to rely on expectations based on previous observation, to a degree.
  • StrataStrata United States of Derp
    I agree. Using curare with your ginseng venoms is a great way to stack them quickly. Vardrax/darkshade are like my de-facto stackers now since some classes will ignore euphorbia (monks)
    As you already know, once you hit camus every venom in their bloodstream will relapse on camus. If you can manage to stick sensitivity, the relapse is even more deadly.
    Also play around with sileris illusions - they can save you time by not having to flay right before biting scytherus/camus.
  • Strata said:

I agree. Using curare with your ginseng venoms is a great way to stack them quickly. Vardrax/darkshade are like my de-facto stackers now since some classes will ignore euphorbia (monks)

As you already know, once you hit camus every venom in their bloodstream will relapse on camus. If you can manage to stick sensitivity, the relapse is even more deadly.
    Also play around with sileris illusions - they can save you time by not having to flay right before biting scytherus/camus.
    I'm lost... but I don't really understand relapsing yet.

• Scytherus makes any venoms afflicted afterward to repeat once. So if you stab curare/kalmia, in the next few seconds curare then kalmia will be reafflicted.

Now, if camus is bitten, it turns any and all relapses into camus rather then whatever venoms were actually used. So scyth, camus, curare/kalmia bounces 3 camus. This is why sometimes you'll see a serpent bite bite and just go into dstabs - to keep the target from curing scytherus. Then they explode in camus relapse glory.
  • edited September 2013

Are you serious? How is this okay, @Tecton? Mir scales -waaaaay- too hard with defenses/arties/TFs/runes.

TLDR four prone bites in storm. He has runes and TF, but that's a shit ton of damage.

Welcome to freeze pound, I guess. Know that feel.

• Dont worry about afflictions
     Go monk, get arties, booyaka.
     You only need the num pad

All I've had today are six gummy bears and some scotch
  • Dunn said:

Are you serious? How is this okay, @Tecton? Mir scales -waaaaay- too hard with defenses/arties/TFs/runes.

TLDR four prone bites in storm. He has runes and TF, but that's a shit ton of damage.

Welcome to freeze pound, I guess. Know that feel.
    My perspective: http://pastebin.com/ZcJiVQNT

Looks like I could've gotten by without the health trans and taken a fifth. Crazy, indeed.
  • Bite is pretty awful for damage even before factoring in damage reductions from runes, truefavour, etc. Doesn't even scale on strength.
  • Hits for 65% before reductions.

• Dunn said:
    Hits for 65% before reductions.
    And the only reductions are % resistances like TF, Mir, Scales, Alchemist armour, algiz etc. It toally ignores armour, it just seems those reductions stack to hard.
  • lol how many at that rate to kill? 7?
  • Mizik said:
    lol how many at that rate to kill? 7?
    Enough that it wasn't worth figuring out.
  • Nemutaur said:
    Dunn said:
    And the only reductions are % resistances like TF, Mir, Scales, Alchemist armour, algiz etc. It toally ignores armour, it just seems those reductions stack to hard.
    If it ignores armour but is reduced by % resistances, me being horkval would also factor in.
  • I'm pretty sure horkval is not % resistance but is equivalent to armor.

• EldEld
    edited September 2013
    Fairly sure it's a flat 10% cutting and blunt. If bite is not one of those (e.g. if it's like dsb or black dragon breath that don't have specific resistances), then it wouldn't matter anyway. Hadn't considered damage type.
  • edited September 2013
    I was always under the impression that it was like DSB, but those % resists are clearly cutting about 46% of the overall damage. (65% --> 35%)

• Well, Mir/algiz/TF would all work regardless of damage type, I think. In any case I don't see a way to get from 65% to 31%.
  • edited September 2013
    You are taking 35% of max health there. Where is 31 from?

• Oh missed that I wasn't at max health at the beginning of my log. 2023 damage on 6523 max health.
  • edited September 2013
    Clearly 1 + 1 = nerf Mir please.

• edited September 2013
    Hats off to a legitimate ambush - Nothing like dying, going off to mix a drink, and coming back to this...

But a little rant : @Bonko - I can see this behavior. It's how he's always been... but @Earionduil used to be a stand up dude. I honestly never expected this out of him on a regular basis. 

edit: it helps if I paste the whole link. 
  • To be fair, you died in Mhaldor to guards and you're a member of the mark.  You decided it would be a good idea to go do something during the death sequence that would take long enough for grace to drop?  Probably not the best idea.

• edited September 2013
    Cahin said:
    To be fair, you died in Mhaldor to guards and you're a member of the mark.  You decided it would be a good idea to go do something during the death sequence that would take long enough for grace to drop?  Probably not the best idea.
    Mixing a Manhattan is never a bad idea. Didn't really count on spilling the cherries all over my counter inadvertently, but that's entirely besides the point. 

These sorts of deaths aren't because of any action other than being a logged in member of the Mark, and while it comes with the territory - there's legit ambushes, and then grace-griefing. (Talk to @Eld for example) 

Just gets old and smells "Qasharish", if ya ask me.
  • It's ok because forum pr agents are op.
  • MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway
    Rangor grace griefed me 25% of 99 once. I also demand attention.

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • Antonius said:

Bite is pretty awful for damage even before factoring in damage reductions from runes, truefavour, etc. Doesn't even scale on strength.

It is too easy to get a bite to have it do anymore damage.

• Dunn said:
    Where did that 65% number come from? Because this is what I'm seeing...

Prone, no truefavour, runes, etc:

6080h, 4495m, 25635e, 19224w ex|cdbk Nobody nothing [0|0|0|0|0|0] - 0 (-15m, 0.3%)
    Havyn snaps her massive jaws close around you, flinging you effortlessly into the air before
    catching you with a second powerful bite.
    3160h, 4570m, 25635e, 19242w ex|cdbk Nobody nothing [0|0|0|0|0|0] - 0 (sip health|eat irid|outr 1
    irid)(-2920h, 48.0%, +75m, 1.6%)

Take off my bracelets and belt:

3731h, 3867m, 21000e, 18963w ex|cdbk Nobody nothing [0|0|0|0|0|0] - 0 (-154h, 3.5%)
    Havyn snaps her massive jaws close around you, flinging you effortlessly into the air before
    catching you with a second powerful bite.
    1546h, 3867m, 21000e, 18963w ex|cdbk Nobody nothing [0|0|0|0|0|0] - 0 (sip health)(-2185h, 50.1%)
  • Eld and I double checked that last night too, it was hitting for 46% against me in dform without any out of the ordinary reductions.  Mir/TF, however, dropped Eld's damage intake to something silly like 35%, which is almost immunity to bite deaths. D: