Best in each class

Comments

• Jovolo said:
    It would be easier to just practise dude

Practice isn't easy at all!

The easy way is to simply join a class that nobody else fights as, jump a few newbies, and automatically qualify as "best". Let's go shaman/druid, @Jacen, and rule that list!

• L3 Knuckles -> Bow with shoot -> Meteors -> How Iocun Got His Groove Back, Again!

Cascades of quicksilver light streak across the firmament as the celestial voice of Ourania intones, "Oh Jarrod..."

• StrataStrata United States of Derp
    Arditi said:
    Daeir said:

I was an okay snipebot, gimme some credit.

Amateur.

Don't sully the name "snipebot" by attaching your name to it.

We can thank him for contributing to serpent's degradation into serpostate/snipebot though! So there!

• MasarykMasaryk Sangre Plains
    These lists show a common trend that there really just doesn't seem to be any notable Druid duelists. Unfortunately, it still seems that the class is not meant for much 1v1 combat, which makes me sad.

• edited August 2014
    Druid is pretty decent. It just takes a certain type of person, and that certain type of person must have a plethora of artefacts.
  • Druid actually benefits possibly the least out of any class in regards to artifacts, unless you are just a lolmaul.
    Hydra is very powerful and underutilized. I did quite well as a Druid, they are amazingly tanky with their grove powers and they can prep limbs while prone, so you can stop anyone from being able to bbt while you're down if you do a little prepwork.
    Actually executing is a bit hard, and you do need a Diadem for a lot of good freeze tactics, but it's still possible now that negate strips caloric first

Druid =flail+hydra+diadem
    Replies the scorpion: "It's my nature..."
  • edited August 2014
    Aepas said:
    Druid actually benefits possibly the least out of any class in regards to artifacts, unless you are just a lolmaul.
    Hydra is very powerful and underutilized. I did quite well as a Druid, they are amazingly tanky with their grove powers and they can prep limbs while prone, so you can stop anyone from being able to bbt while you're down if you do a little prepwork.
    Actually executing is a bit hard, and you do need a Diadem for a lot of good freeze tactics, but it's still possible now that negate strips caloric first

Druid =flail+hydra+diadem
    Actually, I'm an idiot.
    In hydra you're going to benefit the least, and that's the only way that's really fun to fight as a druid imho.
    Druid actually has some of the best arty benefits in the game besides monk. Just use meteors/knuckles/str, then incinerate. you can kill people in about five seconds if you hit bees/meteor/maul/meteor/incinerate

Replies the scorpion: "It's my nature..."
  • edited August 2014
    Wtf are you even talking about? Druid is great with arties. It's practically an arties required class to fight top tier with.

I'm fully confident that with my current artefact loadout, but switched to Druid compatible arties, that I could easily fight and kill top tier level people. It's a good class. It's also a really easy class.

I desperately need more artefacts :(

• TharvisTharvis The Land of Beer and Chocolate!
    Masaryk said:
    sip rings and buckawns, got those? Or a SoA. Those three come to mind as "most important"
    Aurora says, "Tharvis, why are you always breaking things?!"
    Artemis says, "You are so high maintenance, Tharvis, gosh."
    Tecton says, "It's still your fault, Tharvis."

• edited August 2014
    Removed post.

Tharvis said:
    Masaryk said:
    sip rings and buckawns, got those? Or a SoA. Those three come to mind as "most important"
    Not yet. They've always been on the "to get" list, but just gotta wait a bit. Think buckawns before sip rings? Also, can you wield a SoA with a quarterstaff? Not sure that you can.

• Druid is good without ignite, with ignite it's very good. It's not that it's incapable of 1v1 prowess it's just that no Druids around have wanted to demonstrate it, which is fine. Santar's post is correct, and Druid's offense does not have to be maul and incinerate but damn it is strong.

Give renaissance, I've had Druid lined up for months :( .
    Chat with other players in real time on your phone, browser, or desktop client:
    Come join the Achaea discord!
  • XerXer Langley
    *give multiclass already. @Silas, stop slacking noob.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    e^(iπ) + 1 = 0
  • AthelasAthelas Cape Town South Africa
    I'm desperately trying to get into combat, but I suffer a severe lack of time and dealing with the USD-ZAR exchange rate makes buying credits really painful for me. i.e. I only by when there is a severe discount, or I have a birthday/bonus thing I can justify it with.

So I try my best with what I have. The up side of the coin, is that I can't afford to change class, so there simply is no choice, I have to learn how to fight with a Druid character. I most definitely don't have the money to do more than one character either.

Meaning that you'll see Athelas in spars far more often than you used to. You probably have seen him die in the arena quite often recently.

Right now though, I've managed to get a system working that handles the various Hydra balances, with visual indicators. I've also had @Iakimen and @Chalos use Athelas as a punching bag for afflictions in the arena. If only afflictions are done, my current system of a customized Omnipave/Server side curing, can get Athelas to tank it.

I still suck at recognising Instant kills, but the fact that I know they exist is a major leap from where I was a month ago, when I thought maul was the best way to kill an adventurer.

The major thing that's lacking here, is my own knowledge and experience. Unfortunately, that can only happen with time and effort.

So yea, keep that spot for best Druid combatant open, cause I don't have much of a choice, if I want to PvP I'll have to do it as a Druid.
  • Get to training!
  • MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway
    My milk is delicious.

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • Athelas said:
    I'm desperately trying to get into combat, but I suffer a severe lack of time and dealing with the USD-ZAR exchange rate makes buying credits really painful for me. i.e. I only by when there is a severe discount, or I have a birthday/bonus thing I can justify it with.

So I try my best with what I have. The up side of the coin, is that I can't afford to change class, so there simply is no choice, I have to learn how to fight with a Druid character. I most definitely don't have the money to do more than one character either.

Meaning that you'll see Athelas in spars far more often than you used to. You probably have seen him die in the arena quite often recently.

Right now though, I've managed to get a system working that handles the various Hydra balances, with visual indicators. I've also had @Iakimen and @Chalos use Athelas as a punching bag for afflictions in the arena. If only afflictions are done, my current system of a customized Omnipave/Server side curing, can get Athelas to tank it.

I still suck at recognising Instant kills, but the fact that I know they exist is a major leap from where I was a month ago, when I thought maul was the best way to kill an adventurer.

The major thing that's lacking here, is my own knowledge and experience. Unfortunately, that can only happen with time and effort.

So yea, keep that spot for best Druid combatant open, cause I don't have much of a choice, if I want to PvP I'll have to do it as a Druid.
    Definitely understand your pain with buying credits with rand. Have you considered a membership? It's a great way to rack up credits and lessons, and it will only cost you like R268 per month.
  • edited September 2014
    Nvm, I'm an idiot who skims.
    edited September 2014
    @Talysin Yup, in my third or fourth month of membership, and I do make use of credit sales.
  • KenwayKenway San Francisco
    I hope to be on someone's list someday.

- Limb Counter - Fracture Relapsing -
    "Honestly, I just love that it counts limbs." - Mizik Corten
  • Athelas said:
    @Talysin Yup, in my third or fourth month of membership, and I do make use of credit sales.
    Then I'd honestly just wait for the lessons and credits to accumulate. If you have the extra dough, then certainly buy credits if you want to.
    Yup, that's the strategy.

But of all the things that IRE has done to make credits more accessible, it's still the $20 lesson package that pulled me back into playing Achaea. Without it I don't think I'd be playing right now.

I have been lucky though, with a birthday, a bonus from work and an unexpected tax return over the last 6 months, I've managed to get Athelas a respectable artefact collection. I'm looking forward to spoiling myself again at Christmas.
    edited September 2014
    Right, I'm now saving for a veil, I don't know why it's useful, but if @Daeir is willing to disown anyone for having one, it has to be truly awesome.

Seriously though, can anyone explain to me what the deal is with Veils, being hidden from a few who lists isn't exactly all that much of an advantage in my world.

Edit:
    Ok, wait ...
    just re-read it, now I get it.

• StrataStrata United States of Derp
    Daeir said:
    Who lists is the gem of cloaking. Veils prevent anyone but people with other veils from using farsee/scry type abilities on you, meaning that if you are trying to find a person that has a veil and you do not, you basically can't without the assistance of a person who does.

It is Achaea's biggest paywall and literally the worst game design element I have ever seen in my entire life. It is designed -purely- augment the game's income and brings nothing of any worth to the game, only money-oriented polarization.
    Only because you don't have one. Now go back to your honeymoon with @Nim.
  • DaslinDaslin The place with the oxygen
    Someone remind me to spend my paycheck or however many it takes, to get a veil. I need angry @Daeir more.
  • No offense to anyone, but if the cost of artefacts is a noticeable expenditure for you, you probably shouldn't buy them.  The Iron Elite package is pretty great for that, though.