House Renaissance

Comments

• BAHMP BAHMP

BAHMP BAHMP

BAHMP BAHMP

THUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRP
  • TharvisTharvis The Land of Beer and Chocolate!
    Remember to decapitate their captains
    Aurora says, "Tharvis, why are you always breaking things?!"
    Artemis says, "You are so high maintenance, Tharvis, gosh."
    Tecton says, "It's still your fault, Tharvis."

• Herose said:
    The Spire shudders violently with the sound of splitting stone.

You have no house.
    SUMMER COMING TO EAT YOU ALL
  • Hey, cool, I'm no longer enemied to the blood congregation!

Eat it fines for helping destroy their icon (whatever they were).
  • MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway
    like 10k i think.

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • The new House names feel very Roman-ish. And given this is Mhaldor, I'm suddenly getting a very strong Caesar's Legion vibe coming from it. Looking forward to see how these shiny new Evil Houses will progress!

• JurixeJurixe Where you least expect it
    It was a privilege to have been able to lead the Naga, and I am of course sad to see it go as a House, but that doesn't mean they're gone entirely or that they will be forgotten. Perhaps the new Houses will be even better than the previous - who knows?
    If you like my stories, you can find them here:
    Stories by Jurixe and Stories by Jurixe 2 

Interested in joining a Discord about Achaean RP? Want to comment on RP topics or have RP questions? Check the Achaean RP Resource out here: https://discord.gg/Vbb9Zfs

• Yea Naga/Maldaathi only houses I have any lasting feelings for.
  • HerenicusHerenicus The Western Front
    Ravenclaw :(
  • MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    From my very brief 2-3 IC years in the Congregation, they seemed like they had an awesome program and so much history and lore and just... everything. I haven't been so impressed by a House progression system in a long time.

Still, very much look forward to the future and figuring out Mel's new little niche. :)
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • the new names make me a little disappointed, just because the naga/maldaathi/tanjinn evoked a different naming convention then the latin sounding names in Cyrene/atavian/tritonic stuff. Oh well, very minor qualms for what will be very cool houses, I'm sure!

Rip Ebon Fist :(

• RuthRuth Singapore
    Coming up with names are harder than you think! Am extremely enthused to see the Houses open soon though, once everything is done.
    "Mummy, I'm hungry, but there's no one to eat! :C"

When people bifurcate the play styles of Achaeans, it's always com and non-com. I am surprised a two-house solution doesn't reflect that. 
  • I truly fell in love with the Blood Congregation this year. It was sad to see it dissolve and it still feels weird, but I'm extremely eager to see how this goes. I think in all honesty it will serve to build stronger connections between the smaller population of the city. The fact that they are trying to keep away from the coms/non-com divide is really excellent to see unfolding. Curiosity continues to grow.

• Suladan said:
    Mhaldorian Houses now in forming stages...

https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/3901d724

The House of the Dread Legates

[HOUSE LEADERSHIP]
                        Subjugator: (none)
                          Adjutant: (nobody)
                            Patron: Sartan
                 Head of Newcomers: (nobody)

[CURRENTLY IN THE REALM]
                    Newcomer aides: (nobody)
                     Able to induct: (nobody)
                      Classes permitted: All

Undertaking the unholy charge to carry Evil beyond the walls of Mhaldor, the Dread Legates focuses upon a two-fold objective: the conversion of all sentient life and the martial conquest of all territories. This communion of warrior might and ideological zeal follows the Seven Truths in all that they do, looking constantly outward upon the physical, mental, and spiritual weakness of the world to plan for the advancement or destruction of all Sapience.

Demanding and devastating, the Legates strive to hone their prowess at coercion, recruitment, and oppression to serve as Mhaldor's elite representatives. Whether by blade or by word, they uphold the incontrovertible belief that there is but one path for the world. Life will embrace it or be crushed beneath their unflinching tread.

The House of the Insidium

[HOUSE LEADERSHIP]
                         Ascendant: (none)
                 Daemonic Eminence: (nobody)
                            Patron: Sartan
                 Head of Newcomers: (nobody)

[CURRENTLY IN THE REALM]
                    Newcomer aides: (nobody)
                     Able to induct: (nobody)
                     Classes permitted: All

The Insidium maintains a stalwart guardianship of Mhaldorian cultural superiority, ensuring the advancement of all citizens through their devotion to Evil, who in turn spread the Seven Truths throughout Sapience. They practise the arts of subversion and suggestion, nuancing their belief that subtler, long-term plans yield the greatest rewards.

Calling all of Evil's ambitious thinkers and doers, the Insidium promotes creative innovation, and the bolstering of the strength of the homeland, through any means. Ritual, scholarship, and tactics are just a few of their tools to further the inevitability of Mhaldorian domination and become pinnacles of Evil.

So....basically Sartan appeared, said these are the new houses, 'informed' people they will be its founders, and left in a puff of smoke.

Nailed it.
  • Not at all, it was a wall of roiling flames and daemonic screeching!
  • SherazadSherazad Planef Urth
    @Asmodron‌ sure. There is a reason for new houses though sadly it isn't being focused on, that it does feel a bit more forced. I'm certain the admin/leaders will do their best to get back on track which can still be challenging with what they need to do for the houses. 

@Keldrik‌ I like your motto :)
    Bleh, work ate my gaming life.
    내가 제일 잘 나가!!!111!!1

• KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    It's so weird to see icons like that which have been around since my character just started, suddenly gone and something new in their place. While I'm looking forward to see how this defines Mhaldor and the myriad of roles within in, I'm hoping it gives it a bit more unity and direction. Going to take some getting used to, for sure.

• VayneVayne Rhode Island
    Cool to see this process continue in Mhaldor. I think houses as purposeful extensions off cities will go a long way for focus and unity. reading the descriptions of the two new houses, they seem pretty similar. I take it one will be focused domestically and one one proselytization?
  • MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway
    there is a lot to flesh out still, the houses are very open in what you can do in them and there are some overarching ideals to guide you as you grow. We are trying to keep it as open to as many archetypes of "evil" as we can, without making it that the houses are completely pointless.

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • Yeah the current descriptions need a LOT of changing as they do in no way reflect the fact that you can focus on any area in either House. But I know that is on the cards and what they are working on now.

Mishgul said:
    We are trying to keep it as open to as many archetypes of "evil" as we can, without making it that the houses are completely pointless.

I am assuming knighthood and similar systems supporting other major archetypes become city programs, which does touch on the question of House relevance unless we run two parallel, differently-flavoured House programs for each.
  • VayneVayne Rhode Island
    I do not think an overarching knighthood-like system would threaten the relevance of the houses at all with the new supremacy of the city.