House Renaissance

Comments

• OuraniaOurania The Garden of the Gods
    Bukariin said:
    Ourania said:
    Houses, people, houses.
    Is it intentional that houses now have either all combat requirements to advance or no combat requirements to advance?  Or was that a decision reached by a few city leaders?
    If you mean to gain house ranks, then I presume it is down to those who wrote the requirements (aka the players in charge). Sometimes there is divine guidance, but mostly it is player written. I've not been involved in any of the newer houses as yet.

• Aerek said:
    I think it's probably more a function of the Houses focusing entirely on their archetype. As time goes on, the non-combat Houses may add some basic defense stuff, and the combat Houses will hopefully develop more of a personality.
    I'm not saying it's a bad thing at all.  I always dreaded the "be prepared to talk at length about the history of x" requirements.  I know some people love that stuff, I can't be asked though.
  • Actually the underground idea have been floating around for years, the idea itself was brought up by Darkwalkers even before I made my char
  • i like the underground idea... that why those guys who has serious fetish for those artificial wings going to have a problem. :) maybe there will be other new artifact that let you magically burrow to the core of the planet... :neutral_face: 

2015/01/12 Tecton, the Terraformer has bestowed His divine favour upon you. It will last for approximately 1 Achaean month.
  • Valaria said:
    i like the underground idea... that why those guys who has serious fetish for those artificial wings going to have a problem. :) maybe there will be other new artifact that let you magically burrow to the core of the planet... :neutral_face: 
    An artifact to allow you to burrow already exists, it's called 'a chained mhun'. Specially priced in Mhaldor.
  • Why should flying being a problem in a underground city? A cave can be big enough to fly in, sure as it is you cannot fly underground in Achaea, but that could easily be fixed by simply adding a new type of room or?
  • Aliath said:
    Why should flying being a problem in a underground city? A cave can be big enough to fly in, sure as it is you cannot fly underground in Achaea, but that could easily be fixed by simply adding a new type of room or?
    Are you suggesting an underground city would also have clouds?
  • edited September 2014
    Underground cities can have openings to fly out of without an issue, make the cave hashan sinks into huge enough to permit normal flying too. I don't see it being a huge deal. I'd prefer a canyon city anyway, canyon cities are ballin.

Ooh ooh,  the northern exit could be all up/down instead of n/s; that'd be tight

• Asmodron said:
    So if im getting this straight, everyone is basically stating they want to bury Hashan and hide it from view?
    Yes. Yes they are. I think we can all agree that it would be for the best really.

That said, I'm of the opinion that flying cities are way cooler.
  • Khairt said:
    Underground cities can have openings to fly out of without an issue, make the cave hashan sinks into huge enough to permit normal flying too. I don't see it being a huge deal. I'd prefer a canyon city anyway, canyon cities are ballin.

Ooh ooh,  the northern exit could be all up/down instead of n/s; that'd be tight
    So uh basically another Cyrene?
  • ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    Canyon ~= valley

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• Wasn't Cyrene originally an underground city too?
  • MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    Always been in a "bowl", surrounded by mountains. Was originally a deep, dark forest full of beasties next to the very small village, but that eventually got cut down and now it's just a valley.

That's not to say there's not plenty of underground caverns and crap, but the city itself is fully surface-side.
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • Plz. I will turn hashan into a city of trees. Then twinkles can turn it into caves+darkenwood.
  • from beneath you it devours
  • Khairt said:
    Cyrene is a tranquil mountain valley city tyvm; a totes different aesthetic. They even have an idyllic mountain lake. Caveshan should be backlit by exposed lava flows or luminescent natural crystal outcroppings/semi-sentient fungus. 

I'd still rather see all the new houses though, the more extreme and divergent the better. Folks in charge get to remake the face of the game man, lets make it interesting. (And completed cause I am clinging to class by sheer will at this point and neeeeeeed multiclass ire plz)
    This reminds me of a castle tucked in a valley with a river/lake between tall mountains.

It's somewhere in Europe I think? So cool looking. The castle is like at the very bottom of the valley.
  • Darkenwood is a great environment for cultivating culture and theme. I loved my times spent there. It'd make a great place for a future forest community (if that was to ever happen).
  • What's the latest? Is Mhaldor still being worked on? 
  • Mhaldor decided, they're fine.