Classleads

Comments

• I'm not a fan of abilities that can only be used in specific environments, especially when that's used as the justification for making them powerful. Saying "Just don't fight in it" isn't a valid response, because a lot of the time that just means you don't fight at all.
  • Re: sandling

Being able to do something to remove you from combat while prone that requires the other person to burn a nontrivial amount of balance to counter that also does not prevent you from healing is never going to be something we can reallistically balance against prep classes. This is why prone angel aura was removed, why flight abilities do not work prone, prone burrow was removed, etc.

Creative solutions to problems are definitely a good thing, but when the solution is "fight in these environment types or don't fight" there is likely an issue. (This is why old thornspray was also changed.)

That said, it likely won't just be a nerf. There'll probably be some relaxing of the general restrictions put on the ability.

• Maul accuracy rejected :( I bet they haven't seen how horrid it is.
  • Makarios said:

Re: sandling

Being able to do something to remove you from combat while prone that requires the other person to burn a nontrivial amount of balance to counter that also does not prevent you from healing is never going to be something we can reallistically balance against prep classes. This is why prone angel aura was removed, why flight abilities do not work prone, prone burrow was removed, etc.

Creative solutions to problems are definitely a good thing, but when the solution is "fight in these environment types or don't fight" there is likely an issue. (This is why old thornspray was also changed.)

That said, it likely won't just be a nerf. There'll probably be some relaxing of the general restrictions put on the ability.

Really, as long as it still respects (road) in the same way that burrow does, giving it more situations to use it in while removing prone might be an even trade. 

• @Makarios, thank you for the response! It eases my worries
  • It'd probably be safe to add in movement to sandling, since you can A. Farsee people that are burrowed now, and B. Follow them and dig them up. Not fast movement, obviously, but one room every 2 seconds on a standard balance would be pretty good balance for sandling.

• Santar said:
    It'd probably be safe to add in movement to sandling, since you can A. Farsee people that are burrowed now, and B. Follow them and dig them up. Not fast movement, obviously, but one room every 2 seconds on a standard balance would be pretty good balance for sandling.
    Maybe I messed something up, but I actually tested burrow stuff with Twil just a second ago, and I could only farsee his area, not his location, while we were in the same area.
  • Hrm, that's likely an issue with farsee. We'll check it out when making any changes to sandling.
  • It makes sense given that burrow is a 'separate area'. Works for the standard sense abilities, which show the room, but not the farsee ability that shows the area if they are out of your area.

• Yeah, now that I think of it, you're right that farsee will only show their area, since burrowed counts as a different area even if you're in the area they're burrowed.

I use scry/dragonsense though, so doesn't affect me. Change farsee to detect exact room of people that are burrowed in your area for people who don't have scry bowls and it'll be good.

• So then... should mindsense pick them up? I wasn't detecting him at all while he was burrowed. 
  • edited April 2014
    I don't see why not. Scry and dragonsense do it fine afaik. I know at least one of them worked for me.

• Santar said:
    It'd probably be safe to add in movement to sandling, since you can A. Farsee people that are burrowed now, and B. Follow them and dig them up. Not fast movement, obviously, but one room every 2 seconds on a standard balance would be pretty good balance for sandling.

Already able to move with sandling by using BURROW <direction>.

You glance at the ground and utter a sharp syllable. Immediately, the ground begins to churn, and a pair of hands reaches up to pull you beneath the earth.
    You are surrounded by utter darkness, and can see nothing. The smell of minerals and dirt fills your nostrils.
    You see some loose soil to the north and up.
    (p) 5199h, 5592m, 22326e, 26883w xdbk 3.7%  N|U 19:47:28.552(-250m, 4.3%) 
    You have recovered equilibrium. (2.855s)
    (p) 5199h, 5592m, 22330e, 26895w exdbk 3.7%  N|U 19:47:31.406burrow n
    You are surrounded by utter darkness, and can see nothing. The smell of minerals and dirt fills your nostrils.
    You see some loose soil to the northeast, east, and south.
    (p) 5199h, 5592m, 22280e, 26895w edbk 3.7%  E|NE|S 19:47:32.304
    You have recovered balance on all limbs. (2.225s)
    (p) 5199h, 5592m, 22300e, 26907w exdbk 3.7%  E|NE|S 19:47:34.529burrow s
    You see some loose soil to the north and up.
    (p) 5199h, 5667m, 22250e, 26907w edbk 3.7%  N|U 19:47:35.259(+75m, 1.3%) 

I'd also like to point out that Sandling is 100% preventable by every single prep class out there, and a whole lot easier than Kai Cripple too!
  • That's a relatively recent buff to that ability, then. Used to be that you couldn't move during it. I vaguely recall it getting buffed now. 

I think it's a fine ability in that case then.

• Yeah a change to sandling seems weird to me. It's almost useless in groups if one of the persons is smart enough to just DIG, while also being preventable in both 1v1 and group combat to a reasonable degree (arm cripples/breaks). I'm really really hating this trend into making all class offenses really similar across the board, in both execution and defense against. It's just boring.
  • edited April 2014
    Alrena said:
    I'd also like to point out that Sandling is 100% preventable by every single prep class out there, and a whole lot easier than Kai Cripple too!
    Assuming you're talking about a double arm break, then sandling is only actually (effectively) preventable by monks and blademasters, and not for very long.
  • edited April 2014
    Break arm/leg break arm/leg.

?
    And even just one arm stops it, fairly certain.

• Hasar said:

?
    That's why I said "effectively".  Because in the hopes of preventing sandling, you deviate from almost all viable kill setups.
  • I thought the only viable kill setup vs. a mage was to wait until retardation and then use cripple?

• Ernam said:
    Hasar said:

?
    That's why I said "effectively".  Because in the hopes of preventing sandling, you deviate from almost all viable kill setups.

You're talking about Monk here, as other classes can simply add in epteth (I do that as Sylvan against other Sylvans/Magi and Monks myself already) on breaks. As for Monk... I'm sure there are times monks also prep arms, rather quickly, to get ahead in terms of salve balance. 

Santar said:
    I thought the only viable kill setup vs. a mage was to wait until retardation and then use cripple?
    Does not work on Siren magi, as they can prone seduce, which is very strong in retardation in all honesty. Also perhaps the only time that racial ability comes in handy. 
  • RomRom
    edited April 2014
    Rangor said:
    Maul accuracy rejected :( I bet they haven't seen how horrid it is.
    Both pound classleads went through, we pound now.

Maul accuracy would have been huge for low-might metamorphs though, hurt my heart watching Benson fight before he could use a handaxe. Not sure how to strike a proper balance between what newbies need and what isn't considered too strong for the experienced.
    Chat with other players in real time on your phone, browser, or desktop client:
    Come join the Achaea discord!
  • ValdusValdus Australia
    Regarding Thornrend and Sylvan damage.

Decision:
    No promises on any solutions, but we'll investigate the numbers on thornrend and adjust accordingly
    if needed.

Now we can all stop complaining about Sylvan damage. :)

Viva la Bluef.
  • CaladbolgCaladbolg Campbell County TN
    Alrena said:
    Ernam said:
    Hasar said:

?

You're talking about Monk here, as other classes can simply add in epteth (I do that as Sylvan against other Sylvans/Magi and Monks myself already) on breaks. As for Monk... I'm sure there are times monks also prep arms, rather quickly, to get ahead in terms of salve balance. 

Santar said:
    I thought the only viable kill setup vs. a mage was to wait until retardation and then use cripple?
    Does not work on Siren magi, as they can prone seduce, which is very strong in retardation in all honesty. Also perhaps the only time that racial ability comes in handy. 
    Is Seduce Peace, Pacifism or a different affliction?

• edited April 2014
    Lover's effect (can't harm the siren who seduced you, no problem attacking anyone else, cured by bellwort/focus).
  • AerekAerek East Tennessee, USA
    With zero sarcasm/passive aggression, can someone explain this to me? A few of us were just talking about how powerful Infernal's Vivisect is at present in the combat forum, so this one caught me by surprise.
    Report #52
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Submitted by: Carmain        Status      : Approved                 Priority : 3
    Skill       :                Ability     : Necrolysation
    Problem:
    In the current climate, due to evolving systems and combat logic amongst people becoming more
    efficient, infernals are lacking a way of capitalising on their setups. They lack a shieldbreaker to
    prevent people avoiding disembowel, and restoring and not applying restoration while off equilibrium
    has been shown to be a successful method of avoiding vivisect, especially since restore was reduced
    to only partially take into account partially damaged/mangled limbs, so that cleave was taken out of
    the equation. If logs are required to prove this, they can be provided.
    Solution #1:
    Necrolysation could be an ability to add a 50% fail rate to restore. So if someone uses restore
    while necrolysed, there is a 50% chance for each individual limb to be cured. For each limb not
    cured, the equilibrium cost will be reduced as if that limb was not broken. This will lessen
    reliance on a trigger to restore on limb breaks. To make it effective, the ability should be delayed.
     Once activated, the infernal will lose equilibrium and be unable to do anything for 2 seconds, at
    the end of the 2 seconds, he regains equilibrium and it will inflict the target, as well as give a
    message. The cure should either be a ten second wear off, or applying to torso so that the ability
    retains it's usefulness. It would cost a hefty amount of essence, around 10%
    Solution #2:
    increase the equilibrium cost of restore to it's previous state.
    Solution #3:
    If the head is damaged, restore has a chance to fail entirely.  This will add an extra defensive
    dimension when fighting infernals, and people will have to be more wary of how they are defending.
    Decision:
    Approved for investigation into further restore eq modifiers.
    Not applying restoration salves while off-EQ is the only way to avoid Vivisect. Are we trying to make Vivisect actually unstoppable? I'm not trying to be snarky, I would legitimately like to understand the underlying logic behind the classlead and the approval.
    -- Grounded in but one perspective, what we perceive is an exaggeration of the truth.
  • edited April 2014
    Man if they make restore cost a long eq time I'll be unstoppable in retardation against people that actually use it.

• Why was that even approved? Infernals already get a guaranteed disembowel and forced restore image

#160%

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

[ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]
  • Investigation does not imply implementation.

• Yeah, that was the gist of my point. Not sure why it was approved for investigation in the first place.

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

[ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]