Welcome to the Achaea Forums! Please be sure to read the Forum Rules.

Classleads

Comments

• ErnamErnam Posts: 2,416Member ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
    edited May 2014

The change to Numb pretty much just crippled monk bashing.  Without armor, resistances, or shield of absorption, Numb was pretty much our only form of damage mitigation.  For a change based on a classlead that was purely PVP related, that nerf seems to have had a pretty big side-effect.  Any chance we can find a way around that @Makarios? (Like having it only have a cooldown if you were hit by a player during the Numb?)

"Our lives are not our own. We are bound to others, past and present. And by each crime and every kindness, we birth our future."

Manda  |  Godzilla  |  SLC
        WessuxJhuiNemutaurDunnHasarKuyCooperAchimrstKrossDaslin
      1. KaraiKarai Posts: 325Member ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
        edited May 2014

I bashed to Dragon with 12/13 con (w/icon) and 11 str and only using numb a few times. Monks can bash just fine without it. Don't really mind the change just yet, we'll see.

2. AlrenaAlrena Posts: 637Member @ - Epic Achaean

I'm personally not happy with the sandling change. Right now, it's pretty much useless, since if I have a single broken arm and I'm standing, I'll just shield. At most, this'll be useful against knights, but monks again have it easier to kill people now. Gods forbid they had to prep a single arm extra.

ExelethrilJhuiNemutaurAchimrstKross
      3. MakariosMakarios Posts: 1,739Administrator Achaean staff

I've been meaning to post on this a while, so I'll go ahead now I think.

The issue with prone "shieldlike" abilities (ones that require people to spend equilibrium/balance to counter) is that curing to a point that you can use them when prone is almost always (with very few exceptions) going to be considerably faster than curing what you would normally need to cure to survive. Given that historically these abilities have also been on classes with tanking mitigation above the average, it is very unlikely someone curing with this in mind is going to die to a non instakill-based setup (for the purposes of this, I'll include attacks that drop your health from above 90% to 0 as instakills) inside the window of opportunity. This isn't the norm for artied players, and definitely isn't for unartefacted players.

As for sandling being useless now, I'd rather say it is still far superior to shielding if you are able. There are obvious advantages to being able to dodge follow up attacks such as thurisaz, dragon blast, and kai choke upon standing, for example. It certainly isn't as potent as formally.

4. AlrenaAlrena Posts: 637Member @ - Epic Achaean

The sad thing is, I never even made it so that I put arms before legs in my curing priority. Ah well, it's true that sandling isn't totally useless. I'm just lightly grumpy because a certain monk is no doubt going to start jumping me at every turn again.

Exelethril
      5. JukilianJukilian Posts: 1,579Member @ - Epic Achaean

Report #309
        -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Submitted by: Jukilian       Status      : Rejected
        Skill       : Enchantment    Ability     : Bauble
        Problem:
        Throwing a scented bauble into an adjacent room is useless if the owner of the falcon has ordered 
        the falcon to Track to somebody. In one case, a falcon returned in exactly one second after a bauble 
        was thrown. If this is the case, this makes scented baubles worthless as the majority of Knights who 
        use falcons would most likely be using Falcon Track to have it follow somebody. Even if the thrower 
        is indoors, the falcon returns.
        Solution #1:
        When a Scented Bauble is thrown into an adjacent room, have the falcon forget any orders to Track 
        somebody that it currently had when it leaves the room

Solution #2:
        When a Scented Bauble is thrown into an adjacent room, have the falcon forget all orders that its 
        owner had gave it, not only just Track

Solution #3:

Decision:
        Not too keen on making mechanics like this more potent.

More potent? How about 'actually of use'? :( May as well remove baubles from the game, I otherwise see no practical use for them whatsoever. Could have at least considered making this at least of some use.

I know this isn't rants, but this thread is about classleads, so...

6. MakariosMakarios Posts: 1,739Administrator Achaean staff

Problem with mechanics like these are they're very, very boring for both people. Noone wants to spend half a fight doing throw baubel/falcon recall until one person gets bored or runs out of enchantments.

We might find something to use it for down the line though.

7. JukilianJukilian Posts: 1,579Member @ - Epic Achaean
        edited May 2014

Does falcon track <person> require the falcon to be recalled? And does it have with it any balance or equilibrium costs?

If it doesn't cost anything and doesn't need the falcon recalled, then throwing a bauble means potentially unwielding a weapon or shield, potentially relaxing grip, wielding a bauble, and throwing it in an applicable direction, costing balance. You then need to rewield what you unwielded and potentially grip again.

Then all the Knight needs to do is 'falcon track <person>' as soon as they notice.

All of this while fighting the Knight, of course. Huge sacrifice just to get the falcon out of the room.

Feel free to correct me, I'm not 100% on falcon control.

8. KafzielKafziel Posts: 658Member ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
        Does sandling nerf rationale apply to wand of reflections too??
      9. DunnDunn The great Buffalo tundraPosts: 5,960Member, Secret Squirrel @@ - Legendary Achaean

Dragoncraft
        -----------
        * Targeted DRAGONCURSE now has a reduced mana and willpower cost. 350 mana, 50 wp down from 500 mana, 100 wp
        * DRAGONHEAL now has a longer cooldown between uses. < 20 seconds

Tecton and Makarios, you may have ALL of the spaghetti in my pockets. TAKE IT.

Wessux
      10. CooperCooper IowaPosts: 4,454Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
        You serious, @Ernam? Like, you actually think that a cool down on numb has "crippled" monk bashing? I don't know if I can gather words to tell you how stupid that is. Let me facepalm for another couple hours and then I'll get back to you.

WessuxBluefKrossAlexandreDaslinSylvanceErnam
      11. DunnDunn The great Buffalo tundraPosts: 5,960Member, Secret Squirrel @@ - Legendary Achaean

Yeah, well, I have more kills than you.

Wessux
      12. AchimrstAchimrst NaturePosts: 3,608Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
        edited May 2014
        Cooper said:
        You serious, @Ernam? Like, you actually think that a cool down on numb has "crippled" monk bashing? I don't know if I can gather words to tell you how stupid that is. Let me facepalm for another couple hours and then I'll get back to you.

Go away @Cooper! Your drunk!

Edit: The heeeeeeell how do I use colors

Anyway no need to intentionally antagonise people with pics of spiders.

BluefWessux
      13. WessuxWessux ChattanoogaPosts: 510Member ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
        > @Daeir said:
        > Can we not fall into this endless spiral of berating people for making poor assertions about class mechanics again, please? I can't even count how many threads it's killed by this point.

Fucking nerd, with your nerd hair.
        Invest in a 9mm retirement plan.
      14. BluefBluef DelosPosts: 2,176Member @@ - Legendary Achaean

Cooper said:

So pics of spiders are antagonizing....but this isn't @Vastar‌? What a fine line we walk on the forums these days..apparently an eight-segmented one around a bloated body. 

Alexandre
      15. AchimrstAchimrst NaturePosts: 3,608Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
        Bluef said:
        Cooper said:

So pics of spiders are antagonizing....but this isn't @Vastar‌? What a fine line we walk on the forums these days..apparently an eight-segmented one around a bloated body. 

@Ernam is a nobody, no one cares about Ernam @Bluef. Don't you keep up with the forums?

Bluef
      16. MithridatesMithridates Posts: 1,956Member @ - Epic Achaean

I really think this two-man cata is a huge buff. 

KuyJukilianSobriquet
      17. AchimrstAchimrst NaturePosts: 3,608Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
        edited May 2014
        Dunn said:

The administration is clearly out to get you. Clearly.

It's no secret I'm easy, they can get me all night long.

forgot classleads, gripping! Yay! thanks @Jovolo!

Hasar
      18. TharvisTharvis The Land of Beer and Chocolate!Posts: 3,107Member @@ - Legendary Achaean

still can't be used indoors and is limited to a 3room radius, it could potentially turn out to be a buff, but would still require ±4 magi to "instakill" somebody at ranged. It will however make it easier for the smaller cities to set up a defense with Cataclysm

Aurora says, "Tharvis, why are you always breaking things?!"
        Artemis says, "You are so high maintenance, Tharvis, gosh."
        Tecton says, "It's still your fault, Tharvis."

Kuy
      19. MithridatesMithridates Posts: 1,956Member @ - Epic Achaean
        Tharvis said:

still can't be used indoors and is limited to a 3room radius, it could potentially turn out to be a buff, but would still require ±4 magi to "instakill" somebody at ranged. It will however make it easier for the smaller cities to set up a defense with Cataclysm

It's quite useful in conjunction with other LoS abilities. 

Tharvis
      20. JukilianJukilian Posts: 1,579Member @ - Epic Achaean
        We got this, Tharvis.
        Tharvis
      21. DraqoomDraqoom CyrenePosts: 478Member ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
        Jacen said:
        Hey @Jacen instead of posting on the forums come defend Hashan :P
        We'll just let you have your little tea party at the ass end of Hashan.

I know I'm late to this, but aren't all parts of Hashan the 'ass end'?

AlexandreAchimrstCaladbolg
      22. MithridatesMithridates Posts: 1,956Member @ - Epic Achaean

Crystalism

----------

* Cataclysm now only requires two magi (down from three).

Soooo....

This doesn't work. Still takes three to spin, but only two to imbue. 

BonkoAchimrstTharvis
      23. CaladbolgCaladbolg Campbell County TNPosts: 1,126Member ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean

So, Since all the chivalry changes were pretty much shot down due to knight changes in general is it coming soon?

Not to sound like a dick but you guys keep us pretty uninformed about stuff, and it takes forever for these changes to come about.

and yes I understand it takes along time to code this stuff, you guys put alot of hard work into it and the only money you get from this game is what we spend in credits/iron elite to start with.

But keeping us more informed might end up making us feel better about it to start with. Multiclass was announced what seems like along time ago and all we really know about it is what the name states. Although I believe most people assume you'll be able to switch between two different classes at once, while others think you can be every class at once. and i've even thought up it'll be the same as dragon once your 99 you can pick main class and secondary class (dragon being a secondary class) ext ext. So far though no info on it or knight changes that i've seen.

But then again I could've just missed it and looked like a total dumbass with this post.

24. FlorentinoFlorentino Posts: 516Member

People will most certainly not be every class or even two classes at once, lol. The way it is going to be implemented will be you are one class at a time and then you are another class (the mechanism for going from one to the other in terms of windup, cooldown, price, etc. has not been hammered out). 

25. KyrraKyrra Sanctum of the SkyPosts: 4,659Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
        I'm going to be Runewarden and Shaman. So I can play with totems no matter what I wake up as on any given month. Now, where's my little lust face with the spinning hearts gone to?

(D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

Siduri
      26. RangorRangor Posts: 3,091Member @@ - Legendary Achaean

Crystalism

----------

* Cataclysm now only requires two magi (down from three).

Soooo....

This doesn't work. Still takes three to spin, but only two to imbue. 

Did you bug it?

Sign In to Comment.