Memorable quotes

Comments

• CaoimhaenCaoimhaen Targossas
    I would like at least one. Ha

• Why not have the ranks re-set every year (or some other reasonable specified period of time)? Then only active Marks will be ranked (because people who are dormant should drop off in a revised system just like they do in XP rankings) and become the most likely to receive contracts.
  • Bluef said:
    Why not have the ranks re-set every year (or some other reasonable specified period of time)? Then only active Marks will be ranked (because people who are dormant should drop off in a revised system just like they do in XP rankings) and become the most likely to receive contracts.
    My impression is that contracts aren't all that common, relative to the number of marks, so building your rep back up after a reset could take quite a while, not through any slouching on your part, but just from waiting for enough contracts to come your way. That leaves you with a period after every such reset where the rankings have little bearing on the actual effectiveness of the marks, which is annoying for the mark from a reputation angle and for the customer because it makes their contract less likely to go to a mark who will successfully complete it.

The goal, IMO, should be for the rankings to reflect the actual effectiveness of the (active) marks in completing contracts, which would not be served by an arbitrary periodic reset.
  • Kresslack said:
    Should the ranks have just been reset when the new system was introduced? Seems like it would have been less of a headache for everyone to start off fresh under a new system.
    There were no ranks in the old system. The only carryover was in the form of existing contracts; people with more existing contracts at the time of the change had more opportunities to gain rank early on, since they didn't have to wait for new contracts to be randomly assigned to them. There are restrictions (I don't remember the details) on what contracts a given mark will get based on enemy statuses and such, which is what leads to the issue @Jarrod mentioned with lots of writs for Sartan's order going to Tirac.
  • Eld said:
    Bluef said:
    Why not have the ranks re-set every year (or some other reasonable specified period of time)? Then only active Marks will be ranked (because people who are dormant should drop off in a revised system just like they do in XP rankings) and become the most likely to receive contracts.
    My impression is that contracts aren't all that common, relative to the number of marks, so building your rep back up after a reset could take quite a while, not through any slouching on your part, but just from waiting for enough contracts to come your way. That leaves you with a period after every such reset where the rankings have little bearing on the actual effectiveness of the marks, which is annoying for the mark from a reputation angle and for the customer because it makes their contract less likely to go to a mark who will successfully complete it.

The goal, IMO, should be for the rankings to reflect the actual effectiveness of the (active) marks in completing contracts, which would not be served by an arbitrary periodic reset.
    I wonder how uncommon contracts really are. Not knowing this leaves a lot of it up for erroneous debate. The number of contracts issued and completed each year and the number sitting in a holding pattern (and the why of that) might be telling. 
  • CaladbolgCaladbolg Campbell County TN
    edited March 2015
    Bluef said:
    Eld said:
    Bluef said:

I wonder how uncommon contracts really are. Not knowing this leaves a lot of it up for erroneous debate. The number of contracts issued and completed each year and the number sitting in a holding pattern (and the why of that) might be telling. 
    Contracts come every now and then. I've been getting tons but assuming a mark has went dormant.

Now orders are different (I think) Since writs go to the orders marks before the other marks (Also think) People who are the only mark in an order are going to get the contracts before other marks. and Most contracts are likely going to come from writs anyways -at least in theory-

Should bring theft back, many more contracts for everyone! ...Lol just kidding trying to kill a serpent with evade that doesn't want to fight is near impossible with out super ganking them.

• Seroth is probably the weakest of the three boss mobs down there.

Slug + Rhuzios = pain though.
    - (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."

• KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    Sarathai said:
    Seroth is probably the weakest of the three boss mobs down there.

Rhuzios is a pain with anything, let alone a slug, he's pretty damned tough on his own, the balance stealing b... 

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • TharvisTharvis The Land of Beer and Chocolate!
    pff, just kill them in lesserform
    Aurora says, "Tharvis, why are you always breaking things?!"
    Artemis says, "You are so high maintenance, Tharvis, gosh."
    Tecton says, "It's still your fault, Tharvis."

• KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    Tharvis said:
    Squishy bard, more efficient at mowing through rooms of lower level denizens than tanking big ones. Not everyone has reflections, stoneskin, diamondskin, etc :P

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • TharvisTharvis The Land of Beer and Chocolate!
    Klendathu said:
    Tharvis said:
    Squishy bard, more efficient at mowing through rooms of lower level denizens than tanking big ones. Not everyone has reflections, stoneskin, diamondskin, etc :P
    and adduction, gotta love adduction
    Aurora says, "Tharvis, why are you always breaking things?!"
    Artemis says, "You are so high maintenance, Tharvis, gosh."
    Tecton says, "It's still your fault, Tharvis."

• Klendathu said:
    Sarathai said:
    Seroth is probably the weakest of the three boss mobs down there.

Rhuzios is a pain with anything, let alone a slug, he's pretty damned tough on his own, the balance stealing b... 
    On that note:

Darkened corridor (indoors).
    An enormous slug leaves a trail of slime behind as it wanders. Towering over the surroundings is Rhuzios, the Mummy Lord.
    You see exits leading north and south.

Goddamnit.
    - (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."

• JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.
    Titonus wearing that hat made my morning.
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
  • edited March 2015
    hahah I laughed at that. I just imagine a field of chipmunks weeping.

I'd also like to add in that Rangor loves to hear the cries of my chinchilla. He will kill the shit out of that thing.

• HerenicusHerenicus The Western Front

I'm just going to leave this here :/
  • It's my theory that the difference between adventurer and denizen is not always perfect, and some adventurers are prone to fits of denizen-like behavior much as denizens are sometimes prone to behave like adventurers.

It's an extension of this theory that some people are more adventurer than others, and others are more denizen than the first.
  • TitonusTitonus Youngstown, Ohio
    Orzaansyn said:
    So, I told to @Titonus that the main accessory he needs to fish is a hat, and offered him one.

This somewhat floppy hat has been created to add a finishing touch to every fishing trip. The hat is made out of fir green felt, which is specially treated to make it waterproof. This garment is designed in the shape of a fish: two fins adorn the sides, while the top of the hat is sporting a nifty tail. Finally, two large yellow and black beads are sewn to the front, forming the eyes of the fish. The wide brim offers the wearer some shelter from sun or rain, but obviously this hat is only to be worn by the staunchest of fishermen.

Titonus looks about himself, rubbing his chin thoughtfully.

Titonus says in a rumbling, draconic voice, "This is a fine hat."

Titonus puts on a chipper fishing hat.

I mean, everyone has to realize by now that my toon is far from what people may consider, "normal".

• I think well-coded is a little generous. Some of the AI is definitely wonky.

• KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    Crystalline and clear, Lorielan's voice cascades powerfully, "I think not."

Maefeng was slain by Lorielan, the Jade Empress.

• Tharvis said:
    funny thing about lesserform... that is telling like dragon is no longer a mighty and greater dragon as it is implied. (with exception of maybe Yudhi and that guy who grant everybody a gift of dragon spirit.)

just a thought.

2015/01/12 Tecton, the Terraformer has bestowed His divine favour upon you. It will last for approximately 1 Achaean month.