Memorable quotes

Comments

• The Sefyric Mariners Guild? More like The Sefyric SUBmariners Guild!
  • Just wait at the harbour, @Melodie. You have nothing to worry about from even two or three of their average pirate bullies.

i'm a rebel

• edited December 2013
    Melodie said:
    Right, because a crew of 4-5 overwhelming a single sailor, including with 3 boarders, is an amazing feat. Shove off.
    Sorry I brought a crew for this group activity. Every time I try to sink you solo you just wavecall away though.

• MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    "Every time I try and sink you solo, you get away from me." Isn't that kind of the point?

I'm not sure how you think I can fight back in a 'cutter, especially by myself (which I know you knew good and well I was on my own), but all right, whatever makes you feel justified.

Going to stop before I pull a Cain.
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • Melodie said:
    "Every time I try and sink you solo, you get away from me." Isn't that kind of the point? I'm not sure how you think I can fight back in a 'cutter, especially by myself (which I know you knew good and well I was on my own), but all right, whatever makes you feel justified. Going to stop before I pull a Cain.
    Had no idea you were alone, we assumed it was Draqoom and/or Palatonus. And I never said we wanted you to fight back, We wanted to sink a Targ ship.

Only reason you got killed by the boarding party instead of being handed a token and being allowed to go was because earlier you were trying to help salvage a Targ ship I'd sunk along the eastern edge. You were working against Ashtan's interestes, Ashtan punched you in the face for it.
  • MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    edited December 2013
    Not worth it.
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • Lol, justifications for piracy so legit.
  • Silly me, coming up with IC reasons to do things based on the actions of others. I should just stick to HELP CAUSE.
  • ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    Kinilan said:
    Silly me, coming up with IC reasons to do things based on the actions of others. I should just stick to HELP CAUSE.
    Eh, its more like, no need to justify yourself on the forums.

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• Great, now Melodie will tell Draqoom and I'll be attacked by Caladbolg. Stupid lucky staffstrike.
  • JozlynJozlyn out of here.
    Being sunk is my favorite. Looking at you @Ellodin. Bb, I just love you
     yes, sir.
  • AchillesAchilles Los Angeles
    Sothantos such a feeder with 10 deaths and no kills.  No honor points for him.
  • Diminishing returns on kill values totally boned us there.

• Is the lack of level 2 tanks only due to everyone having a low rank because of the newness of the system? I fully expected Targ to have a level 2 when they raided us as much as we fed them, and I really don't see why they -shouldn't- have had a level 2.
  • There are diminishing returns on the value of kills towards filling a tank.

For instance, we won five to six major encounters there and lost our last one (the one that mattered, ofc) and didn't get a level 2 tank. We killed their MoW (Sothantos. Suck it) at least ten times and didn't get a level 2.

It's the unicorn of raid achievements at this point!

• The main issue, and something to consider for defending groups in the future, is dying before the tank reaches level 1 is basically the best thing you can do. The tank is going to reach level 1 regardless, so if you can give your full value death to what is effectively guaranteed, then it makes it that much harder for the raiders to reach level 2.

TL;DR Fight earlier and more often.
    Cascades of quicksilver light streak across the firmament as the celestial voice of Ourania intones, "Oh Jarrod..."

• MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway
    Sena said:

Dunn said:

It's the unicorn of raid achievements at this point!

Only achievable by virgins?

Reporting for duty

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • Kinilan said:
    Melodie said:
    "Every time I try and sink you solo, you get away from me." Isn't that kind of the point? I'm not sure how you think I can fight back in a 'cutter, especially by myself (which I know you knew good and well I was on my own), but all right, whatever makes you feel justified. Going to stop before I pull a Cain.
    Had no idea you were alone, we assumed it was Draqoom and/or Palatonus. And I never said we wanted you to fight back, We wanted to sink a Targ ship.

Only reason you got killed by the boarding party instead of being handed a token and being allowed to go was because earlier you were trying to help salvage a Targ ship I'd sunk along the eastern edge. You were working against Ashtan's interestes, Ashtan punched you in the face for it.
    Just curious @Kinilan, but why would Platonus be on my ship?

• Your left foot explodes in white hot pain as an arrow slams into it.
    5250h, 3575m ex-

Your injured foot cannot support your weight, and you almost fall.

Your left foot explodes in white hot pain as an arrow slams into it.
    5250h, 3525m ex-

The arrow through your foot finally comes free, allowing you to move normally once again.
    5250h, 3525m ex-

You smile impishly and say, "Apparently, you hate my left foot so much."
    5250h, 3525m ex-

5250h, 3525m ex-

5250h, 3525m ex-

5250h, 3525m ex-

The arrow through your foot finally comes free, allowing you to move normally once again.
    5250h, 3525m ex-

Siduri whispers with a mesmerizing, eastern accent, "Rightfoot?"
    5250h, 3525m ex-

You say, "Still my left foot."
    5250h, 3525m ex-

• JozlynJozlyn out of here.
    Draqoom said:
    Bromance obvs

Platonus+Draqoom= <3<3
     yes, sir.
  • Jozlyn said:
    Draqoom said:
    Bromance obvs

Platonus+Draqoom= Platonic relationship

Because Platonus sounds like Platonic, and that's funn...I'll be leaving now.

• Occasionally, history deathsight yields something good.

- 2013/12/11 15:28:06 - Rafikki has been slain by the might of a poharaehe.

Best. Mhaldorian. Ever. I knew Rafikki was just a mean punk, always hitting Simba D: