Memorable quotes

Comments

• Just not really keen on the idea of losing track of limb damage(with illusions) and possibly losing all progress on a parried limb too if an opponent plays super defensively/just running away.

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

[ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]
  • Just not really keen on the idea of losing track of limb damage(with illusions) and possibly losing all progress on a parried limb too if an opponent plays super defensively/just running away.
    Just build a tempTimer that resets on every limb hit so that you won't fall for the illusion. Something along the lines of:

^you hit some limb trigger pattern$

if rightLegTimer then killTimer(rightLegTimer) end
    rightLegTimer = tempTimer(5*60, [[enableTrigger("roomWideResetMessage")]])

• Part of the intent is to give recourse when dealing with limb prep classes abilities to fight very defensively while slowly building prep. It'll definitely require a bit of rethinking about how you prep limbs, but if you're not playing extremely defensively you shouldn't find it something you can't account for.
  • NizarisNizaris The Holy City of Mhaldor
    Makarios said:
    Part of the intent is to give recourse when dealing with limb prep classes abilities to fight very defensively while slowly building prep. It'll definitely require a bit of rethinking about how you prep limbs, but if you're not playing extremely defensively you shouldn't find it something you can't account for.
    I still think that the "slowly" part needs to be looked at, so that everyone becomes, in essence, a momentum-based class. But, I imagine that would take a great many changes -- that are each independently stable -- while slowly observing the effects of those changes, in order to finally reach. In short: a work-in-progress.
  • edited December 2013
    Makarios said:
    Part of the intent is to give recourse when dealing with limb prep classes abilities to fight very defensively while slowly building prep. It'll definitely require a bit of rethinking about how you prep limbs, but if you're not playing extremely defensively you shouldn't find it something you can't account for.
    Hrm, I see your point regarding the balance between prep versus momentum classes. A very significant nerf to knights but possible to adapt to with effort. 

Also, in that regard, would this affect Puppetry/Vodun as well? Jesters and shamans function the same way in the sense that, they can "hit and run" while playing very defensively. 

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

• Makarios said:
    Yeah. I find it a bit strange that so many of these arguments here seem to imply that it's primarily the limb-attacker's opponent which tends to be the cause for long prepping times, and not the limb attacker's own defensiveness. Yes, limb prepping often does take a long time, but often that's because of deliberately going really slow, because until now, the slower you went as a limb-breaker against a momentum class, the better for you.

I don't think the fear that every limb-breaker's opponent will suddenly fight much more defensively is justified. Either this opponent is a limb-breaker too and will have exactly the same incentive to not break this 5 minute mark, or (s)he is a momentum/affliction class which already relied on keeping up offence. The only difference here are fashioners, who would still gain a lot from being super defensive - but when haven't fashioners been super defensive?

The main issue I see with this change however is the contrast between different limb-breaking classes. Dragons, for instance, can perfectly easily prep within 5 minutes while still staying entirely defensive by enmeshing for every rend, while a knight would have a much harder time. This makes it hard to find a limb reset time that is universally fair and actually does contribute to more offensively-oriented fighting. Not quite sure how this could be best solved.
  • edited December 2013
    3214h, 3780m, 19001e, 17714w excdbk 22- 16:06:09.275
    You move sluggishly into action.

(svo): Slow curing mode enabled.

(svo):  (autotsc) - command overrides enabled.
    (a) 3214h, 3780m, 19001e, 17714w excdbk 22- 16:06:09.442(sip health)
    Your nerves feel suddenly jangled.
    (a) 3214h, 3780m, 19001e, 17714w excdbk 22- 16:06:09.450
    Terra charges in, sword flashing at the ready.
    You writhe and scream as she drives the cruel blade deep into your side.
    You scream in pain as the forest of sharpened crystals pierces your body.
    You lose purchase on a ruby hydra.
    (a) 2338h, 3780m, 19001e, 17714w excdbk 22- 16:06:09.464(-876h, 21.7%)

Timing no amount of practice can buy!
  • MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    (svo): (autotsc) - command overrides enabled.

Found your problem!
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • Huh? The bit's about the timestamps, not Svo.
  • MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    I know. It was both somewhat of a off-topic joke, and partly pointing out an actual issue.
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • Yo Melodie, how about you leave my Annie alone, or we going to have a serious problem.

You got it?

• Marina sprints in from the south.

Saeva gives some pinches of diamond dust to Ramilies.

---

A coincidence? I think not. What a Primadonna Girl.
  • DaslinDaslin The place with the oxygen
    Kenway jump incoming.
  • I need to make a clan like that one Iocun has called "Defenders of the Tsol'aa"
  • Rangor said:
    I need to make a clan like that one Iocun has called "Defenders of the Tsol'aa"
    You could challenge yourself further and make a clan called "Defenders of the Tsol'dasi". 

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

• Rangor said:
    You could challenge yourself further and make a clan called "Defenders of the Tsol'dasi". 
    I dunno how to get to the tsol'dasi yet, nor do I want to walk that far.
  • Rangor said:
    Rangor said:
    You'll be wanting to fly, there's much tundra and mountain between it and the main areas
    Hiroma tells you, "I just got to listen to someone complain about your deadly axekick being the bane of their existence."
    Archdragon Mizik Corten, Herald of Ruin says, "Man, that was a big axk."
    Hellrazor Cain de Soulis, Sartan's Hammer says, "Your [sic] a beast."
  • Rangor said:
    Rangor said:
    Istarion's quite possibly one of the most dragon-infested areas, next to Tir Murann.

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

• Xli said:
    Cathy said:
    Rangor said:
    Rangor said:
    Istarion's quite possibly one of the most dragon-infested areas, next to Tir Murann.
    And your mom.

Couldn't resist! :D
    Yo momma's so big she's got her own exit from Partharan Gare?
    Yo momma's so ugly, even the unnameable horror was grossed out!
    Achieved dragon on the 13th of Aeguary, 634 - aged 21 and 1 month and 21 days.

Elder dragon on the 6th of Chronos 635 - aged 22 and 8 months and 14 days.
  • Cathy said:
    Rangor said:
    Rangor said:
    And your mom.

Couldn't resist! :D

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

• The Sefyric Mariners Guild): Melodie says, "Moving!"
    8510h, 7806m, 36100e, 33040w exdb-
    (The Sefyric Mariners Guild): Melodie says, "Erk."
    8510h, 7806m, 36100e, 33040w exdb-mel you ok?

Thaumas has battered Melodie to death.
    8510h, 7806m, 36100e, 33040w exdb-
    You tell the soul of Melodie, "You ok?"
    8510h, 7806m, 36100e, 33040w exdb-mel ....

You tell the soul of Melodie, "...."
    8510h, 7806m, 36086e, 33026w exdb-mel bad timing is bad

You tell the soul of Melodie, "Bad timing is bad."