Quick Questions

Comments

• KatzchenKatzchen Mhaldor
    edited January 2013
    Iocun said:
    I actually love giving people relative in-game directions, like "Take the first turn to the left and continue along the road until you come to the clocktower, then turn left again.", but it tends to confuse most people :(
      Which way is left??? (In seriousness, how does that confuse people exactly?)

Honourable, knight eternal,

Darkly evil, cruel infernal.

Necromanctic to the core,

Dance with death forever more.

• edited January 2013
    Katzchen said:
    Iocun said:
    I actually love giving people relative in-game directions, like "Take the first turn to the left and continue along the road until you come to the clocktower, then turn left again.", but it tends to confuse most people :(
      Which way is left??? (In seriousness, how does that confuse people exactly?)
    Plenty of people just think "west" when someone says "left", because that's how it's being displayed on their client's compass thingy or map. So when they're walking southwards and I tell them to go "left", they go west instead of east.

"North is always on top." is just something that's too engrained in many of us.
  • I suppose the problem is, they have no way of knowing which way you're facing! 

• Not at the start of a set of directions, no. But once someone has started to walk, you can usually assume that they're looking in the direction they're walking. Just like when giving direction in real life. I'm still going to tell you "turn left on the next turn" when giving directions to someone on the phone, even though they might actually be looking backwards when walking!
  • LothienLothien Montréal, Québec
    Is it worth it changing class to bard? Are they underpowered (I noticed @Zeon isn't a bard anymore)? Are they viable and useful for things besides dirge?
  • Bards are useful for making @Tirac cry tears of blood. That's about it these days. Harmonics are still real great, but rarely a game changer on their own. If it weren't for dirge you could play harmonics and journal for about as useful as you are in a group.

I'd argue bard is broken in regards to 1v1 combat. Recent nerfs have taken away all of their damage and affliction potential. Something the class already lacked in regards to non-artied/uber speed weaponry builds. Old horkval bard only half worked due to poor curing of the time.

Party right, party hard,

Sing and dance, perfect bard.

Prefarar loop, accentato whore,

Buy a new rapier, get nerfed some more.

Well, darn, there goes trying to be useful.
  • Are you kitten me right meow? What's more useful than making Tirac cry tears of blood?

Party right, party hard,

Sing and dance, perfect bard.

Prefarar loop, accentato whore,

Buy a new rapier, get nerfed some more.

Not worth trading in tons of arties just so Tirac cries a little.
  • You have no idea how hard it is to make Tirac cry.
  • Adet said:
    Iocun said:

You can also just OPEN the compass, which makes it just work like a compass and show you where north is!

...how?  North is the direction of numpad eight, always.  Unless, of course, someone from Aetolia is there with their own compass.
    Abilities like this are exactly the sort of thing I wish we had more of (though I'd rather see it in a class rather than on an artie) - impossible to automate your way around since you can't tell which exit is which without looking or moving, interesting implications, hindrance without simple balance-cost.

Man, there are a lot of interesting abilities you could make with changing room exits. Would love to see something like an illusion that makes an exit loop back into the same room without telling people.
  • Tael said:
    Adet said:
    Iocun said:

You can also just OPEN the compass, which makes it just work like a compass and show you where north is!

...how?  North is the direction of numpad eight, always.  Unless, of course, someone from Aetolia is there with their own compass.
    Abilities like this are exactly the sort of thing I wish we had more of (though I'd rather see it in a class rather than on an artie) - impossible to automate your way around since you can't tell which exit is which without looking or moving, interesting implications, hindrance without simple balance-cost.

Man, there are a lot of interesting abilities you could make with changing room exits. Would love to see something like an illusion that makes an exit loop back into the same room without telling people.
    I want one.
    Tvistor: If that was a troll, it was masterful.
    I take my hat off to you.
  • edited January 2013
    How long does Grace last?

Can serpents parry with dirks?

Where can I find descriptions of the Gods?

Does anyone have the output of the built-in emotes please?  Many seem unnecessarily saddled with adverbs and that has already gotten me into trouble a few times.

Thanks gang!
  • edited January 2013
    If you have Parrying in Weaponry, doing PROBE DIRK will tell you whether or not you can parry with it; the information displayed will contain a line something like "You may use this item to parry with."

There's a thread on the forums that was asking for the descriptions of the Gods, should be pretty easy to find by searching.
  • @Kendus: http://forums.achaea.com/discussion/229/random-request-anyone-have-the-descriptions-of-every-divine/p1

There are an awful lot of built-in emotes, I'd be a bit surprised if anyone had bothered to compile the output of all of them. Actually, no, I wouldn't be surprised at all, but I don't know of such a list.
  • This doesn't have all of them, but it certainly has the vast majority (thanks Sena!): http://pastebin.com/vMFU6wFH
  • Due to the brief mentioning of Tirac I'd like to point out that I worship him like a god IRL and have statues of him.
  • Does anyone know how fast dstabs are with a Thoth's and nimble?
  • Verily said:
    This doesn't have all of them, but it certainly has the vast majority (thanks Sena!): http://pastebin.com/vMFU6wFH
    Here is an updated list, with the changes from announce 3688. It's still not perfect, but it lists at the beginning what's missing.
  • Tael said:
    Does anyone know how fast dstabs are with a Thoth's and nimble?
    1.8 seconds.
  • Iocun said:
    Tael said:
    Does anyone know how fast dstabs are with a Thoth's and nimble?
    1.8 seconds.
    Thanks - your answer just lead me to the strangest bug I have ever seen in ten years playing this game (not giving details since it seems to be potentially exploitable).
  • There was once a bug where if you writhed after you used balance, you got your balance back at the writhe balance time. Malaclypse was so pissed when I killed him like, 4 seconds with dsl curare, impale, dsb.

• CaladbolgCaladbolg Campbell County TN
    edited February 2013
    Cooper said:
    There was once a bug where if you writhed after you used balance, you got your balance back at the writhe balance time. Malaclypse was so pissed when I killed him like, 4 seconds with dsl curare, impale, dsb.
    There was a bug whenever someone had started radiance on me and I evaded the game counted every step I took after that as an evade but it didn't take up balance, I didn't get the you are moving too quickly warnings and I almost always died every single time to mass trying to get out of shallam

• Aetolia's forums are so much cooler looking than ours. 
    If I turn the size of my text really small will I go blind?

Cause like I need more room for mini consoles.

• Caladbolg said:
    If I turn the size of my text really small will I go blind?

Cause like I need more room for mini consoles.
    Yes. Get a bigger screen!

• Mudlet needs full multi-screen support *sagenod*
    Valden said:
    Mudlet needs full multi-screen support *sagenod*
    I tried to use my tv as a monitor.. but the cords not long enough ._.

• What's the formula for how much health health weaver gives?