Quick Questions

Comments

• Also not doing anything and using breathing, if you have that.
  • NemutaurNemutaur Germany
    edited January 2013
    Triak said:
    Whoa whoa whoa lies and slander!  My choke maxes out at like 33%
    They max out like that if the person isn't trans Fitness yet.

EDIT: I think my chokes should do around 40% on an inept Fitness person.
  • AerekAerek East Tennessee, USA
    Fullplate, being Forging, is anyone's guess. Some of the knights I know managed a 116/83 on the third try. It took me 100 tries and 1,207,000 gold worth of material (I've kept a record of all of them) to get a 97/101. You could try to calculate probability with Sena's forging calculator thing, but it's really anyone's guess.

Avoidance would give you a flat damage reduction against all physical damage classes and the dex boost, which is notable. Fullplate would give you better damage reduction against certain classes, (Namely knights, blademasters, and priests. Tekura doesn't care about your armour, and I forget how sentinels/druids fit in.) and I always value RP over game mechanics.
    -- Grounded in but one perspective, what we perceive is an exaggeration of the truth.
  • Aerek said:

Avoidance would give you a flat damage reduction against all physical damage classes and the dex boost, which is notable. Fullplate would give you better damage reduction against certain classes, (Namely knights, blademasters, and priests. Tekura doesn't care about your armour, and I forget how sentinels/druids fit in.) and I always value RP over game mechanics.
    Depends on circumstances, for blademasters. Infusions change the damage type, so a blademaster who infuses on every slash will be basically ignoring both armour and the damage reduction from avoidance.
  • @Aerek, if you could message me the list of collected stats on forums that would rule. I've got a collection of fullplate stats at the moment, and more data is better!

• Nemutaur said:
    Triak said:
    Whoa whoa whoa lies and slander!  My choke maxes out at like 33%
    They max out like that if the person isn't trans Fitness yet.

EDIT: I think my chokes should do around 40% on an inept Fitness person.
    Totally forgot about that.  I always test on trans fitness people.
  • Eld said:

Aerek said:

Depends on circumstances, for blademasters. Infusions change the damage type, so a blademaster who infuses on every slash will be basically ignoring both armour and the damage reduction from avoidance.

Adds damage, doesn't change the damage type. Exception is supposed to be INFUSE VOID (which should cause slashes to ignore armor), but its broken and being looked at, according to the bug report I submitted about it (yes, still).
  • @Elowin No, it changes the damage type. Void is magic damage.
  • Infuse changes the damage type according to @Mizik.

• Huh. When I tested it months ago with some knight (can't remember who,) armor had an effect on the damage which implied to me that the damage base was physical. Maybe something changed since then?
  • Elowin said:
    Huh. When I tested it months ago with some knight (can't remember who,) armor had an effect on the damage which implied to me that the damage base was physical. Maybe something changed since then?
    Void infusion turns it magical. I didn't think the rest did.
    Tvistor: If that was a troll, it was masterful.
    I take my hat off to you.
  • edited January 2013
    All infuses changed the damage the first time I tested them, which was shortly after blademaster was released.

It's possible that they're still reduced by armour despite not actually being cutting damage, though. I'm not sure I ever tested infusions against armour, just resistances.
  • Last time I tested (probably a month or so ago), at least void and fire infused slashes were unaffected by armour. I didn't bother checking the other two.
  • MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida

I just realized suddenly that I don't see the leaders forum anymore.

Has that disappeared, or are my permissions just screwy?

And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • Melodie said:

I just realized suddenly that I don't see the leaders forum anymore.

Has that disappeared, or are my permissions just screwy?

Sounds like screwy permissions. Might want to email forums@achaea.com.
  • Yep, I can still see it. Go ahead and message tecton... I emaild forums@achaea.com twice over a week and never got permissions. Msg'd tecton and he was very quick to fix it
  • MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida

I sent in an email. If when I get home in a few hours there's nothing, I'll message Tecton then.

Thanks a bunch!

And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • How many lessons in tattoos do I need to learn to have two extra tattoo slots? I really want to keep boar and moss instead of picking. 

i'm a rebel

• Tesha said:
    How many lessons in tattoos do I need to learn to have two extra tattoo slots? I really want to keep boar and moss instead of picking. 
    Not sure on that, but 71 lessons in inkmilling will get you Canvas (tattoo slot on back) which is the cheapest way to get a new tattoo slot.
  • edited January 2013
    Oh even I can afford that. Maybe it would be cheapest to get that and the first slot from tattoos. Thank you for pointing that out. <3

i'm a rebel

• I think you get the first extra slot at skilled, but I'm not sure. Its in HELP TATTOOS

• Tattoos gives one extra slot at skilled (around 170-ish lessons) and a second extra slot at expert (around 420-ish lessons). Learning to expert will also let you ink up to boar, which is useful.
  • Oh, wow, I think I will just take the first slot from inkmilling. Thank you so much for that information Sena!

i'm a rebel

• Do we know what the goal for this week's weekly rankings competition is? 1 million again?

• Kyriella said:
    Do we know what the goal for this week's weekly rankings competition is? 1 million again?
    Don't know for sure since I haven't hit 1mil yet, but it's more than 500k, anyway.
  • Do veiled people show up on mindnet? I had thought that they did, but a few recent events have me thinking otherwise.
  • Only if you have your own veil, I'm 90% sure
  • edited January 2013
    @Eld they do not

edit: unless you yourself own a veil, that is

• AerekAerek East Tennessee, USA
    edited January 2013
    I thought they did. Veils only stop specific room location. Abilities that don't give you their exact location, like Mindnet and Angel Watch, still work.

Edit: If Antidas is right, that makes Angel Watch even more awesome, because I used it to track down Kupo and Daloc when they were veiled and running amok in Cyrene.
    -- Grounded in but one perspective, what we perceive is an exaggeration of the truth.
  • AchillesAchilles Los Angeles
    Veiled people elude mindnet and angel watch unless you (the BM/Monk/Priest) have a veil.  I think if serpent/bm evade across the area border it also doesn't show up, not without a fullsense check).