Quick Questions

Comments

• KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    Farrah said:
    One day, the unity of Targossas will break down and civil war will ignite between the Harbingers and the Dawnblade.

Why?

...Prayers.
    Woah, you're halfway there...

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • I don't particularly like them either. Laniara is working hard on making them more interesting so we'll see if civil war can be avoided
    Deucalion says, "Torinn is quite nice."
  • Don't worry @Farrah

I've only been in Targossas for so long and I already hate the prayers.  House system has it so that if you do 2, you get a point towards ranking up in the house (only 2 per rank)... which means that after awhile you just don't want to do prayers because there's no benefit out of it, so you let someone else (who can still benefit from it) take over.

Let's hope Laniara makes it better.
  • Next Harb who tries to force me to attend prayers will get PK'd.
         He is a coward who has to bring two friends as backup to jump people hunting.

• edited February 2017
    The Bloodsworn want us to do them. Not to mention people complained there is no identity and then don't do anything that would give an identity (like prayers) so... *shrugs* screwed if you do, screwed if you don't
  • Obligatory prayers really are not the way to go, though. Copying and pasting lines from a book is not going to engender any sense of community whatsoever. We were only talking about this recently on OT, and there are ways to go about it that may better serve us as a city. I'll hit you up.in game for a chat.

• I like making people's svo scream at them.

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • Awesome Xaden thank you, I'm excited!
  • edited February 2017
    I don't really understand complaints about "no identity" to begin with. Targossas has a very distinct identity already.

Plus, like Xaden said, if you're wanting an identity, you don't want it to be something unenjoyable. "We're the ones who have to gather and afk or c/p lines repeatedly every 12 hours" isn't how people want to identify with their city.

Though I've always thought the distinct ideology, phrases like "Hail the Dawn" and "Light and Fire lead" and other neat things in the city like flame meditation and now the Trial of Sacrifice (Caefir related, but available to the whole city), give the city plenty of unique identity.
  • MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    edited February 2017
    Black Mass and the recently revamped Sarapin Sacrifices > Targ prayers, from brief experience (even if I like some of Targ's toys).
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • edited February 2017
    When people first started talking about prayers, I was hopeful they'd be something similar to Mhaldor's Sarapin Sacrifices that I always loved - which, obviously, has not happened.

There are a few things that make the Sacrifices so much better than our prayers, imo

1.) badass ambient emotes and beheadings and shit, not just people reading from a book and repeating what everyone else says. We need to add some content to it thats more interesting.

2.) They only occurred once an IC year, as opposed to multiple times an IC month. My biggest gripe with the prayers is that they happen so damn often that they lose any real importance

3.) the sacrifice is held when people have time to do it and enough people are around to do it, and is then logged so its not done twice. Unlike the prayers, with which we are told in no uncertain terms that you gotta go pray right the fuck now by a denizen. This inadvertently leads to the official "prayer" time being held at a very inopportune time for the targ player base, such as in the middle of a raid, or during an event or something.

If we fixed these problems, I think we'd be well on our way to having something 1000x cooler and more enjoyable than what we currently have.

• Farrah said:

"We're the ones who have to gather and afk 
    I use this as my smoke break half the time. 
    Omor Ceberek - Targossas

got gud
  • Omor said:
    Farrah said:

"We're the ones who have to gather and afk 
    I use this as my smoke break half the time. 
    If it's only half the time then you're a n00b and you should feel bad.

• Admittedly I do the same. It is entirely too frequent I agree
  • Antidas said:
    When people first started talking about prayers, I was hopeful they'd be something similar to Mhaldor's Sarapin Sacrifices that I always loved - which, obviously, has not happened.

There are a few things that make the Sacrifices so much better than our prayers, imo

1.) badass ambient emotes and beheadings and shit, not just people reading from a book and repeating what everyone else says. We need to add some content to it thats more interesting.

2.) They only occurred once an IC year, as opposed to multiple times an IC month. My biggest gripe with the prayers is that they happen so damn often that they lose any real importance

3.) the sacrifice is held when people have time to do it and enough people are around to do it, and is then logged so its not done twice. Unlike the prayers, with which we are told in no uncertain terms that you gotta go pray right the fuck now by a denizen. This inadvertently leads to the official "prayer" time being held at a very inopportune time for the targ player base, such as in the middle of a raid, or during an event or something.

If we fixed these problems, I think we'd be well on our way to having something 1000x cooler and more enjoyable than what we currently have.

It'd be cool if we had a yearly cleansing or warding/protection ritual that was like calling on Light and Fire to renew a warding against Chaos, Darkness, and Evil across the city with area wide and and/or maybe a worldwide emote when it happens.

Maybe biyearly prayers, but even then, I agree the c/ping line after line just sucks, as does just sitting and listening. Maybe something more like the Black Mass where audience participates with things like TOUCH CHALICE, so it's interactive but not as much work copying, more attention to what's going on.

Having to type or c/p all the prayer lines alone I think makes the experience less immersive and enjoyable, cause you're spending the whole time trying to get the next line typed.
  • edited February 2017
    Farrah said:
    Antidas said:

It'd be cool if we had a yearly cleansing or warding/protection ritual that was like calling on Light and Fire to renew a warding against Chaos, Darkness, and Evil across the city with area wide and and/or maybe a worldwide emote when it happens.

Maybe biyearly prayers, but even then, I agree the c/ping line after line just sucks, as does just sitting and listening. Maybe something more like the Black Mass where audience participates with things like TOUCH CHALICE, so it's interactive but not as much work copying, more attention to what's going on.

Having to type or c/p all the prayer lines alone I think makes the experience less immersive and enjoyable, cause you're spending the whole time trying to get the next line typed.
    The new sacrifice victims are dope, too. Anyone sacrificed gets hallucinations of awful shit happening to them for the next IC month.

EDIT: 

Sudden, horrifying slackness besets your abdomen, and as you watch paralysed, your internal organs gradually slip through a wide incision in your gut in a gory, unhalting procession.

Ghostly trickles of blood seep down your chin and fierce stabs dart along your lips, following an unseen thread that pulls tight through your flesh and seals your mouth closed.

Unseen, white-hot blades carve through your scalp in twin arcing curves, the searing torture lingering in your mind well after the sensation fades.

• Frederich said:
    Okay so.  Question.

Some people think the most recent Black Wave was the 2nd.

Other's think it was the 3rd.

Why is there a disparity on this, we know of the 1st being in the mythos.. but where the heck is the 2nd (because I remember SOMEWHERE that this recent one was stated to be the third)

@Frederich A bit late but I can provide some insight into this

The first Black wave was the one that we all know of, that started the whole affair. Nicator had prepared Seleucar for this first wave, which was perhaps the most dangerous one. The tsol'teth had vast armies and were led by the original tsol'teth powerhouses, who are seen as legends by the current tsol'teth. With the defeat of the 3 big bosses and their armies, the tsol'teth disppeared for a time.

The alleged second black wave also occurred in history and is NOT the Dun valley events. It occurred after Parni had destroyed the corrupted Seleucar and caused the shattering that split the main continent. With this great devastation, monstrosities from the underrealm came pouring out through the cracks in the earth and started invading and harassing the people of the now "meropis continent". The last strongholds were barely able to hold them off until a young man was able to find the solution: Durandian Steel. This steel was created through the poison emitted from one of said monstrosities. Because these events did -not- occur on Sapience, but rather Meropis, and because we only came to discover the series of these events later in history, it is generally unknown and thus ignored.

It is for this reason that the current Black wave that occurred is referred by some scholars as the "Third Black Wave", rather than the Second.

• ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    edited February 2017
    That was not a Black wave, though, as it was not led by the Tsol'teth. That was just the wild remnants after the death of their masters. More akin to a stampede than a planned invasion. This was the Second Black  Wave. Even the EVENTS post refer to it as such.

'And so, it had begun. Encore had become the song of the Ebon Tide.'

Or at least thats my interpretation. I suppose there's wiggle room ic.

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• Shirszae said:
    That was not a Black wave, though, as it was not led by the Tsol'teth. That was just the wild remnants after the death of their masters. More akin to a stampede than a planned invasion. This was the Second Black  Wave. Even the EVENTS post refer to it as such.

'And so, it had begun. Encore had become the song of the Ebon Tide.'

Or at least thats my interpretation. I suppose there's wiggle room ic.

It depends on the definition of a "black wave". Does it really have to be led by a Tsol'teth to define it? Or is it the events of a monstrous invasion? It is why the attacks and invasion in Meropis are considered by several scholars as the second coming of the 'black wave', that meaning the monstrous forces of the Tsol'teth.
  • ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    I would certainly not classify anything not led by the Tsol'teth as a Black Wave.  Disastrous monster invasion, sure. Catastrophic stampede.  Out-of-proportions tantrum.

I don't know. To me their involvement is an important point. A very important one, even. But be that as it may. I haven't actually heard anyone IC entertaining the idea that this was somehow the third and not the second. Most people seem to be in agreement about it.

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• Shirszae said:
    I would certainly not classify anything not led by the Tsol'teth as a Black Wave.  Disastrous monster invasion, sure. Catastrophic stampede.  Out-of-proportions tantrum.

I don't know. To me their involvement is an important point. A very important one, even. But be that as it may. I haven't actually heard anyone IC entertaining the idea that this was somehow the third and not the second. Most people seem to be in agreement about it.

In truth they were involved, as it was their monstrosities that attacked. I feel they could have easily called them back if they wanted to, but merely let them rampage about.

I dont know, during the entire event, myself and others I was talking to referred to it as the third. Any posts we made about it, we always called it "the third coming". I suppose it is a point of view thing
  • KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    Encore doesn't just mean the second, it actually translates as "one more" or "again". So could refer to 2nd - billionth and beyond.

IDC either way to be fair, but you can't quote the word encore from an events post as irrefutable evidence that it's the second.

/pedantry

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."

• Now that I think about it, I kind of like the RP of the debating behind what constitutes a black wave and how many times has the upper-world been invaded. It gives more fun to the scholar-players to debate such topics. Though I did find this tidbit below as I reviewed the history:

But this was no Black Wave, merely its long-delayed aftershock: a wild, unfocused rampage of its forsaken remnants that knew only a desire to kill and devour.

I still find it an interesting point of debate.
  • What's the point of an ability like lipread, if you need to be blind all the time anyway?
  • Extra defence for random-stripping-passives, is pretty much the only use anymore. Shit like rites / falcons etc.
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Was hide changed back to where you can see people enter/exit while they're hidden?
    Huh. Neat.
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    Ahmet said:
    Was hide changed back to where you can see people enter/exit while they're hidden?
    Pretty sure it's always shown on alertness unless you just mean in general?
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."