Quick Questions

Comments

• @Keorin, yes you can. 
    Melaina Naftis - Spectral Arbiter of the Krymenian Academy
  • Keorin said:
    In an election, are you able to vote for yourself?
    Yes, otherwise I'd have 0 career votes :p
  • Does anyone happen to have the formula for Magi staffcast? There used to be a spreadsheet floating around with information on intelligence scaling and collar effects on most magi abilities...

• 15 int - Oh, hi!
    16 int - Ouch that hurt
    17 int - Holy meatballs
    18 int - OH GOD
    19 int - PLEASE PRIORITISE THIS PERSON
  • edited January 2017
    20 int with lv 3 collar: You are dead, perhaps you should "Embrace Death".

eta: This is also accurate for kai choke and Occultist warp.
  • There's not enough time to register 20 int, that's why its nto included in my list.
  • Now if someone would be so kind to take pictures of the facial expressions associated with each level I think my night will be complete.
  • Magi doesn't hurt -that- much. I wish a magi staffcast could do 30% lagainst full defs like warp/hound does :(
  • It used to do more than that. Artied Magi used to win fights in 3 staffcasts. 

• Then... the class was fixed!

• Aegoth said:
    Magi doesn't hurt -that- much. I wish a magi staffcast could do 30% lagainst full defs like warp/hound does :(
    Classlead golem having its own balance. Then you can freeze -> staffcast/pummel and kill pretty much anyone >.>
  • Golem already does have its own balance. You can staffstrike/pummel. That takes a lot of setup though, whereas warp/hound is just lolspam damage
  • edited January 2017
    The balance requires EQ though, no? Hence why only staffstrike can be combined with it... I mean, the comment was only a joke, but I meant divorcing golem balance entirely from character balances, a la Occultist.
  • KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena
    @Nicola It's no longer the 1st of the month, but people are still picking up new resolutions right now?
  • I think you can claim resolutions every month (resets every 1st). So you can, for example, blow up 10 shrines for a resolution, but only once every 25 hours.
     <3 
  • KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    I read it to mean 1st of the RL month, but might well be wrong

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • I assumed RL month, too. IG month would essentially make the restriction pointless.
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Today is the 17th of Daedalan, 734 years after the fall of the Seleucarian Empire. The phase of the 
    moon is that of the Waning Gibbous.
    It is late winter.

In your world it is Thursday, the 2nd of February, in the year 2017.
    You resolve to undertake the Armed And Ready resolution!

Huh. Neat.
  • Okay so.  Question.

Some people think the most recent Black Wave was the 2nd.

Other's think it was the 3rd.

Why is there a disparity on this, we know of the 1st being in the mythos.. but where the heck is the 2nd (because I remember SOMEWHERE that this recent one was stated to be the third)
  • This was the second Black Wave. There was an event involving Tsol'teth when Dun Valley was discovered, but it wasn't the Black Wave. It was one Tsol'teth trying to prove he was good enough to be a Master and failing.
    Melaina Naftis - Spectral Arbiter of the Krymenian Academy
  • AerekAerek East Tennessee, USA
    Or they're perhaps thinking that Parni deSangre brought about a "Black Wave" at the fall of Seleucar? He was Tsol'teth-ish and summoned monsters and such, but that would be a pretty mistaken interpretation, as well.
    -- Grounded in but one perspective, what we perceive is an exaggeration of the truth.
    People are getting it confused because there was the First War of Succession and the Second War of Succession.
  • I used to know how to read books and journals here! Now, I can't even get past the first page in this handbook. Tried "read book", "read book page #", "turn page", "open book" and it'll only let me read the first page. Using handbook in the place of book doesn't work either. Neither does the item number.

Halp...
    Give us -real- shop logs! Not another misinterpretation of features we ask for, turned into something that either doesn't help at all, or doesn't remotely resemble what we wanted to begin with.

Thanks!

Current position of some of the playerbase, instead of expressing a desire to fix problems:

Vhaynna: "Honest question - if you don't like Achaea or the current admin, why do you even bother playing?"

• It should be "read <object> page <#>", the only reasons I can think of for it to not work is if there aren't actually other pages to read, or you have "read" set as an alias and that's getting in the way.
  • Hmm, read isn't set as an alias. When I try "read book" it displays the title, but that's it. Any page number I specify continues to display the same thing. There -should- be additional pages because this handbook is sold by a denizen in Targossas.

Maybe it's something org-specific I just can't remember...
    Give us -real- shop logs! Not another misinterpretation of features we ask for, turned into something that either doesn't help at all, or doesn't remotely resemble what we wanted to begin with.

Thanks!

Current position of some of the playerbase, instead of expressing a desire to fix problems:

Vhaynna: "Honest question - if you don't like Achaea or the current admin, why do you even bother playing?"

• If it was a normal book-type item, you would normally see something like:
    You read what is written on a bound manuscript:
    You see nothing written there.

You read what is written on a stately black journal:
    "Lessons for Young Achaeans", By Certimene (Page 1)

Maybe try other commands (push, pull, turn, touch, open) on the item, if it's not a typical book. Or ask someone from the org if it's an org item.
    turn book page 2
    You flick open a small handbook bound in indigo linen to page 2
  • Oh.  @Ismay

That's the fun targossian book.  TURN BOOK PAGE # should work!
  • SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
    Trivia: This prayer book isn't considered Real Literature and cannot be kept in a library bookshelf. 

• I've got some questions for someone really well-versed in ashtan and mhaldor, probably not quick questions but if anyone has the time can you hit me up on the forums or in game? Cheers!