Quick Questions

Comments

• AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    edited February 2017
    @Kyrra I just mean in general. I can see hidden people enter/exit now, whereas that hasn't been the case for a long time. I remember people commenting on the change when it first happened, and haven't seen any since then.

EDIT: Though it might have been a bug that's just gone unfixed?
    Huh. Neat.
  • KenwayKenway San Francisco
    Bade said:
    What's the point of an ability like lipread, if you need to be blind all the time anyway?
    Doesn't it let you hear regardless of wind or whatever? 

- Limb Counter - Fracture Relapsing -
    "Honestly, I just love that it counts limbs." - Mizik Corten
  • SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
    Ahmet said:
    @Kyrra I just mean in general. I can see hidden people enter/exit now, whereas that hasn't been the case for a long time. I remember people commenting on the change when it first happened, and haven't seen any since then.

pretty sure you've always been able to in most cases just that most people who are hidden are also shrouded, which does remove the enter/exit message.

• ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    Ahmet said:

I can't see people exiting and leaving while hidden. Are you sure you don't have hypersight or something like that in Vision? 

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

@Shirszae maybe that's it. *shrug*

I shouldn't ask questions when I wake up at 3am.
    Huh. Neat.
  • Kenway said:
    Bade said:
    What's the point of an ability like lipread, if you need to be blind all the time anyway?
    Doesn't it let you hear regardless of wind or whatever? 
    It does this normally, didn't think it worked when you're blind, I'll test that out.
  • From when I started playing around 2003 to December 2014, being hidden did not hide your movement. In February 2015, it was discovered that being hidden was silently changed to hide movement (I confirmed it myself, it was bugged and declared working as intended, both subterfuge and woodlore hide). Hypersight does allow you to see movement through hide.
    Yeah, apparently hypersight got toggled in my keepup somehow. Good to know, though!
    Huh. Neat.
  • I know I've seen it, but can't find the thread anywhere

I recently(finally) decided to give IRE money, so started the membership and will be getting my credits the low and slow way.  Are level 1 arties worth getting?  I remember reading a comparison/cost vs. reward thing a long time ago and don't recall the conclusion
  • Level 1 arties are more worth it than level 2 or 3 arties in value per credit spent (with the exception of bracelet and sip ring, which are the same at level 1 and 2).

It's also free to upgrade them from level 1 to 2, so no reason not to start there.

• Cooper said:
    Level 1 arties are more worth it than level 2 or 3 arties in value per credit spent (with the exception of bracelet and sip ring, which are the same at level 1 and 2).

It's also free to upgrade them from level 1 to 2, so no reason not to start there.
    great, thank you
  • What is "a Silver Dragon's heart" talisman piece for? I'm having a tough time figuring out the whole talisman system in general, and just found this while I was hunting.
  • Vadik said:
    What is "a Silver Dragon's heart" talisman piece for? I'm having a tough time figuring out the whole talisman system in general, and just found this while I was hunting.
    There are talismans that are dropped from high-level areas that are used for giving Dragons additional colors. The Silver Dragon's Heart is part of the silverdragon talisman, which when completed, would allow any color dragon to change into a silver dragon. Completing all the colors will change your race to Elder Dragon, which in addition to having access to all the dragon colors, will also allow you to dragonform much faster. They tend to take a long time to collect.
  • Tydas said:
    They tend to take a long time to collect.
    So would I be better suited to sell the piece, since I'm a long long way off dragon?
  • Vadik said:
    Tydas said:
    They tend to take a long time to collect.
    So would I be better suited to sell the piece, since I'm a long long way off dragon?
    If you want. The more common ones don't go for much, and when you DO reach Dragon, you'll be looking for them anyway.
  • Tydas said:
    If you want. The more common ones don't go for much, and when you DO reach Dragon, you'll be looking for them anyway.
    Probably just keep it then, I'm assuming there's no mater list as far as "find this talisman here" type thing?
  • JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.
    You have to complete the colour that you already are, too. Just a quick add-in note.
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
    Who ended up winning that unique dragon colour thing anyway? Curious what color they went with and what their breath attack ended up as.

• KyrraKyrra Australia
    Kenway said:
    Who ended up winning that unique dragon colour thing anyway? Curious what color they went with and what their breath attack ended up as.
    @Mindshell did.

1   WON    9605/9605    Chenubian Wings                Torrent            0
    2   WON    405/405      Cabalist's Cowl                Zulah              0
    3   WON    505/505      Sartanic Vambrace              Alrena             0
    4   WON    2005/2005    Platinum Dragon Scale          Silvarien          0
    5   WON    1005/1005    Infinite Vial of Health        Hyperlith          0
    6   WON    2005/2005    Custom Dragon Description      Mindshell          0
    7   WON    1205/1205    Custom Viridian Description    Cataleya           0
    8   WON    205/205      Racial Language Fluency        Tahquil            0
    9   WON    1005/1005    Sacrificial Kris               Mindshell          0
    10  WON    800/800      Gold-Handled Inkbrush          Kyrra              0
    11  WON    705/705      Custom Angel Summon Flavour    Silvarien          0
    12  WON    5005/5005    A Statue In Your Honour        Carmain            0
    13  WON    5400500/5400 Monthly Quest Reward           Mindshell          0
    14  WON    6000500/6000 Talisman Piece                 Proficy            0
    15  WON    1500500/1500 50 Candycanes                  Lenn               0
    16  WON    2000500/2000 5 Mayan Crowns                 Itani              0
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

@Mindshell, is it just the description or do our have a unique color/breath as well?

• I didn't win a unique dragon colour, there are still only the six. Description just means your appearance when looked directly at.
  • KayeilKayeil Washington State
    I won it via lottery and I can pick a different color via appearance except white, but honors and stuff like that will reflect which breath weapon I am using so it would say blue dragon, even if appearance wise I am not. It would just reflect weapon type at that point. Cannot create custom breath weapon or custom enter and exit. I could also be made of a different substance altogether like ice, for example. Feathered wings are acceptable but not feathers all over. 
    What doesn't kill you gives you exp.

• Has anyone had the problem of CONFIG AUTOOPENDOORS sometimes reverting to off? Can't tell if it's a rogue trigger or a bug. 
  • Yes. I've also had issues with my BATTLERAGE config being modified (turning off the ABCOOLDOWNS so my tracking doesn't work). I'm relatively certain it's a bug, but I haven't gone investigating to rule out a script yet.
  • It's a server bug. server somehow reset them for no apparently reason. @Makarios

2015/01/12 Tecton, the Terraformer has bestowed His divine favour upon you. It will last for approximately 1 Achaean month.
  • Antonius said:
    Yes. I've also had issues with my BATTLERAGE config being modified (turning off the ABCOOLDOWNS so my tracking doesn't work). I'm relatively certain it's a bug, but I haven't gone investigating to rule out a script yet.
    Ah! I thought I had messed up my scripts somewhere, but given the responses above I'm now guessing it is a bug indeed!
  • Antonius said:
    Yes. I've also had issues with my BATTLERAGE config being modified (turning off the ABCOOLDOWNS so my tracking doesn't work). I'm relatively certain it's a bug, but I haven't gone investigating to rule out a script yet.
    I've had both those issues and also one with my prompt resetting, which, when combined with svo not recognizing the prompt it changes to, is really annoying.
  • AodfionnAodfionn Seattle, WA
    How does one remove the city-specific warpaint from those special vials?

I have tried every syntax I could think of.
    Aurora says, "Are you drunk, Aodfionn?"
  • Marked forever. Slave.
  • Aodfionn said:
    How does one remove the city-specific warpaint from those special vials?

I have tried every syntax I could think of.

<div>Warpaint (InkMilling)&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Known: Yes<br>-------------------------------------------------------------------------------<br>Syntax:&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; MIX <colour> INTO <vial><br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; APPLY <warpaint> [style/extra]<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; WIPE OFF PAINT<br>Works on/against:&nbsp; Adventurers and self<br>Cooldown:&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; 1.00 seconds of balance<br>Details:<br>Mix two inks of the specified colour into a vial of water to create a<br>vial of colour warpaint that can be applied to a person's face.<br id="null"></div><div>Style can be one of swirling, checkered, tribal, or half-faced.<br id="null"></div><div>-------------------------------------------------------------------------------</div>