Quick Questions

Comments

• Cask of Ironbeard's Finest.

Does it run out, or can I keep it forever and be drunk all the time?
  • Kez said:
    Cask of Ironbeard's Finest.

Does it run out, or can I keep it forever and be drunk all the time?
    I have not been able to make it run out.

• KyrraKyrra Australia
    Where abouts do you find oak samples? I've yet to come across any.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    I've looked, but I've not been able to find oak, either. Nor cocobolo, granite, onyx, opal, platinum, silver, steel, or wicker.

I admit some of those might be findable, but I've not seen a damn lick of 'em.
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • Speaking of furnishings, is there a definitive on whether you can or cannot place them in a ship cabin? I've heard mixed information so far.
  • KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena
    Only in the part that is considered player housing (i.e., not in the preexisting room named "Cabin.", but anything IN from there).
    edited March 2017
    Edit: Nevermind, didn't notice the new page with the answer, derp.
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • KayeilKayeil Washington State
    Krypton said:
    Only in the part that is considered player housing (i.e., not in the preexisting room named "Cabin.", but anything IN from there).
    Oh? I have a chest in mine. Are those an exception to the rule?
    What doesn't kill you gives you exp.

• edited March 2017
    Kayeil said:
    Krypton said:
    Oh? I have a chest in mine. Are those an exception to the rule?
    From my limited testing, a chest was the only thing you could put in the 'Cabin' room. Everything else says something along the lines of "this cannot fit here" or somesuch. Tried with a couch, chair, desk and... a bench, I think.
  • Does GMCP have a tag for weaponmastery spec? :/
  • Yes. It's in Char.Vitals.charstats
  • You are, without a doubt, my favorite person in the world for the next 24 hours <3
  • KenwayKenway San Francisco
    edited March 2017
    Anedhel said:
    You are, without a doubt, my favorite person in the world for the next 24 hours <3
    display(gmcp) is a very awesome function that you can nab a surprising amount of info off of. VLUA DISPLAY(GMCP) if you're on svo. /DISPLAY(GMCP) on Wunder. Just add .thing ie .Char if you want to narrow it down. You can also turn on mudlets debug mode (beware spam) if you want to see what info gets recieved when. I for instance use the gmcp for worn items to change my desc and voice depending on if I'm wearing my helmet or not. Gmcp is the best.

Edit: Also more practical things like being able to ID any falcon that enters the room and add the owners name to the end of the enter/exit lines.

- Limb Counter - Fracture Relapsing -
    "Honestly, I just love that it counts limbs." - Mizik Corten
  • Kenway said:

display(gmcp) is a very awesome function that you can nab a surprising amount of info off of. VLUA DISPLAY(GMCP) if you're on svo. /DISPLAY(GMCP) on Wunder. Just add .thing ie .Char if you want to narrow it down. You can also turn on mudlets debug mode (beware spam) if you want to see what info gets recieved when. I for instance use the gmcp for worn items to change my desc and voice depending on if I'm wearing my helmet or not. Gmcp is the best.

Edit: Also more practical things like being able to ID any falcon that enters the room and add the owners name to the end of the enter/exit lines.
    Alternatively you can just do lua gmcp on Mudlet with any system. Is there a reason to do vlua display that makes it more beneficial than just lua gmcp?
  • KenwayKenway San Francisco
    Nope, just didn't realize lua gmcp was a thing. Do that. That's easier.

- Limb Counter - Fracture Relapsing -
    "Honestly, I just love that it counts limbs." - Mizik Corten
  • The lua alias changed at some point to do an "auto-display" of the returned command. That's the only reason you don't need the explicit display anymore: it's done in the alias for you. And vlua had that behavior from the beginning
  • How anyone got the chance to test with the new talismans? Im curious what the recover speed on the arachnid style trample is.
  • Not test, but when I asked, I was told it is 2.8 second base balance.
  • RomRom
    edited March 2017
    That's my experience with it, about ~2.75s without nimble. I was told the cripples are
    smart afflicts as well, but didn't check myself. Pretty great for Magi!
    Chat with other players in real time on your phone, browser, or desktop client:
    Come join the Achaea discord!
  • Rom said:
    That's my experience with it, about ~2.75s without nimble. I was told the cripples are
    smart afflicts as well, but didn't check myself. Pretty OP for Magi!

I just picked up Magi, but I didn't even bother buying the arachnid eye because I can't imagine that will stay...

• dont see why you would eye over earth/smash..
  • Farrah said:
    Rom said:

I just picked up Magi, but I didn't even bother buying the arachnid eye because I can't imagine that will stay...

If it's not an immortal pet mount, then the eye also seems to count as a badge of returning.
    - (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."

• Farrah said:
    Rom said:

I'm missing something obvious, but at least as Infernal and Blademaster, after careful consideration the eye is neat but I can't think of any situation that class abilities couldn't handle better.

• RomRom
    edited March 2017
    Aegoth said:
    dont see why you would eye over earth/smash..
    You can trample+smash so it's basically earthstrike with an extra ~.3s balance and an extra cripple (and bypasses parry and rebounding but doesn't break shields). Of course it also doesn't prep any but just weaving it in with earthstrikes makes the cripples really obscene if you don't waste any smashes.
    Chat with other players in real time on your phone, browser, or desktop client:
    Come join the Achaea discord!
  • Ok, so I'm looking to add a second class and was wondering which would work well with my current stats, race, arties, etc.

Race - Xoran

Stats  - str 17, int 11, dex 11, con 15

Non-Misc Arties - lvl 2 bracelet, circlet, lvl 2 armband of the fist, lvl 2 belt, lvl 2 gauntlets, intellect crown, and lvl 3 knuckles.

Traits - improved physique, nimble, and aim to kill

Obviously, I play a monk. I'm looking for something that has a -lot- of raid/group fight use. I'm not that interested in 1v1. Good utility is also a plus.

I'm dying to do magi, but I don't think I'm set up for that with this race/artie combo. No way I'm trading any arties in, and I'm not looking to change race.
    Give us -real- shop logs! Not another misinterpretation of features we ask for, turned into something that either doesn't help at all, or doesn't remotely resemble what we wanted to begin with.

Thanks!

Current position of some of the playerbase, instead of expressing a desire to fix problems:

Vhaynna: "Honest question - if you don't like Achaea or the current admin, why do you even bother playing?"

• Priest?  ;)
    Deucalion says, "Torinn is quite nice."
    Can someone please explain item interactions when it comes to emoting? I keep trying to play around with it by eating food, but when I do it'll either just eat the food like normal with no emote, or it will emote all the emoting code with @thing and all. Clearly doing something wrong here, and no matter how many different ways I try this it is still not functioning properly.

• JurixeJurixe Where you least expect it
    Kayeil said:
    Can someone please explain item interactions when it comes to emoting? I keep trying to play around with it by eating food, but when I do it'll either just eat the food like normal with no emote, or it will emote all the emoting code with @thing and all. Clearly doing something wrong here, and no matter how many different ways I try this it is still not functioning properly.
    You won't be able to customise item interactions with a good number of things - eating is likely one of them. I don't think there's a comprehensive list anywhere, or if there is I don't know about it, so you'll just have to test it out, I'm afraid. The most common ones I use are give/drop/put and sheathe/draw. 
    If you like my stories, you can find them here:
    Stories by Jurixe and Stories by Jurixe 2 

Interested in joining a Discord about Achaean RP? Want to comment on RP topics or have RP questions? Check the Achaean RP Resource out here: https://discord.gg/Vbb9Zfs

Jurixe said:
    Kayeil said:
    You won't be able to customise item interactions with a good number of things - eating is likely one of them. I don't think there's a comprehensive list anywhere, or if there is I don't know about it, so you'll just have to test it out, I'm afraid. The most common ones I use are give/drop/put and sheathe/draw. 
    I think @Kogan and I figured it out after further testing when we realized the other things were working. It wasn't going to work for certain foods like crafted ones because they come with custom eaten lines made by the crafter. Eat is definitely on the list, but I am not sure which items it will allow, maybe the denizen foods.

To expand a bit, from HELP EMOTING:

Combining Actions with Custom Emotes
    ------------------------------------
    Emotes may be combined with some common commands to truly customise many facets of your character's actions. We currently offer this functionality to the following verbs:

DRINK        PUT
      DROP         REMOVE
      EAT(*)       SIT
      GIVE         STAND
      KNEEL        TAKE/GET
      LIE          WEAR

To include an emote with these commands, simply append your command with the : symbol and then the emote you wish to show.

For many of the emotes, you'll need to include the @thing as a reference to the item you're interacting with, and a reference to the person you're also interacting with (if applicable). For get and put, where a container is involved, you will also need to reference @container.

Let's say Yig has a quiver in his inventory named "a shoddy quiver".

Yig enters:                   DROP QUIVER: (finding the workmanship
                                    unacceptable,) drops @thing in disgust.
      Others will see:              Finding the workmanship unacceptable, Yig
                                    drops a shoddy quiver in disgust.

(*) Note: As some food items have special reactions upon being eaten, custom emotes may not work on all foods.